By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:38:29  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
what i think this really says in the end that it gives both thf and dnc a possible chance to be wanted/usefull in xp party again post 60ish and if at least better chance to make xp solo/campain

This, sadly. Although I doubt THF will be wanted any more than they are currently (which is...well, they're not wanted). DNC, on the other hand, is amazing with fully merited Haste Samba. DNCs will be just fine.

ya dnc/war dnc/drg dnc/drk could really up a dnc dmg potential. While i never really understood the bad rep thf gets as a dd later on as long they gear for DD and not pure eva like lot thfs do.

DNC IS NOT A DD !! NO ! =) Where the hell is Tiger an Ninn to back me up on this, lol

LOL@ DNC being DD, wat r da healz 4?
I'm excited for the whole heal out of party thing in regards to campaigns i do have to say...*lvls dancer*

hmm /drk souleater with samba up or haste samba /war berserk xarcry double att and umm i think maybe agressor at some point. dnc/ no t hiting for 0 and gaining no tp

why would you be hitting zero?

maybe you really dont like the number 0..
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 11:39:16  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
It always makes me laugh when other people try to tell what other jobs should be. Ive seen some pretty crappy wars being out damaged by dnc. Does this mean you want the crappy war or would you rather have the well geared dnc to do the damage
ummm don't play with people who are bad wars?
i don't really know why that wasn't a choice?
got a gun to yer head to choose either 1 or the other?
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:41:08  
well spoken, something i completely forgot about. for the longest time i though the tier1 songs from brds were a flat rate. Took me a while to realise they were based off skill. Even with /brd37 though the haste is still 3.5% (taken from wiki, take to heart at own risk) that gives dnc the ability to give 8.5% haste to a pt unmerited, 13.5% if fully merited (which you should be!) while a 3.5% increase isnt game breakingly "OMGWTF" people do pay millions for just a 1% haste increase. if a brd isnt available to merit, your not hurting anything with a dnc/brd for a pt. However, if you can get a brd/do have a brd, fuk it and dont /brd always.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-17 11:41:44  
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
It always makes me laugh when other people try to tell what other jobs should be. Ive seen some pretty crappy wars being out damaged by dnc. Does this mean you want the crappy war or would you rather have the well geared dnc to do the damage

did those wars use Daggers?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:43:33  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
I KNOW!!!! WHM/DNC dual weild misery up auspice umm umm multi hit club umm umm whm cure dnc cures aspir samba!!!!! it could work!!!

come on it could work..
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:44:01  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:
ummm don't play with people who are bad wars?
i don't really know why that wasn't a choice?
got a gun to yer head to choose either 1 or the other?

^ this. find a better war.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 11:45:41  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
I KNOW!!!! WHM/DNC dual weild misery up auspice umm umm multi hit club umm umm whm cure dnc cures aspir samba!!!!! it could work!!!

come on it could work..
UMMMMM /rdm would trump.
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:46:57  
prob
Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

probably a dual wield war using swords and no joyeuse. completely nekkid w/o using any job abilities. or maybe a war using HtH, yeah, that make sense then..
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:47:31  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

come on it could work..
UMMMMM /rdm would trump.

ya but how many whms out there looking for a excuse to mellee any excuse and to mystic boon also
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:47:48  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

come on it could work..
UMMMMM /rdm would trump.

hello to you convert !
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 11:48:17  
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
prob
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

probably a dual wield war using swords and no joyeuse. completely nekkid w/o using any job abilities. or maybe a war using HtH, yeah, that make sense then..
i'm just wondering why you would choose war over another dd job anyway :P
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:49:02  
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
prob
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

mentioning sword what about useing oranics and the disector with all the bonus crit stuff added?
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:50:00  
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
prob
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

btw, im not stating that a dnc CANNOT DD. given the right circumstances a dnc can deal decent damage, but it is not a DD job on par with War/sam/drg/thf/mnk whose sole job is the dishing out of punishment.
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:55:03  
If the stars were ever to align in just the right way where i as a dnc could go all out ballz to the wall and focuson nothing more than dealing damage, yes, i could prolly outdamage a crappy war or crappy drg. Dnc has the tools to do it, and after the update at 80 they will have even more tools to do so. Thats not saying i do that or that i should do that. Its the same with rdm nuking, yes a rdm can do it, with proper gear they can do it decently. But you wouldnt invite a rdm to nuke when you can invite a blm or sch to do it better. In the course you wouldnt invite a dnc to DD when you could invite a war/sam/drg/mnk/thf.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:56:47  
reading lil of the dnc queen thread and made point of dnc being able force crit hits and if it stacks with other things and general increase to criting ability and coserve tp with reverse
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 12:01:18  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
reading lil of the dnc queen thread and made point of dnc being able force crit hits and if it stacks with other things and general increase to criting abuilty

been reading over there as well some. being able to force frits and then with increased crit damage could make ws like Evicseration dominant over Dancing edge, especially when paired with crit merits and the Moogle add-on helm with +crit damage. The forced crit ability though requires the use of finishing moves and depending on what section of flourishes its placed it and how many it uses will greatly determine its usefulness.

If its placed in the same catagory as reverse flourish, forget it, a few hundreddamage on a ws isnt going to outweigh the +75 tp you can get.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-17 12:16:45  
All bst are going to make the switch from /nin to /dnc, the only reason bst had an absolute NEED for shadows was because they had no way to cure themselves when they ripped hate from their pets. Now, even if they do, there's Snarl to cover the bst who can then turn around and use reward on their pet.

Even on a bst style solo with constant pet swapping, /dnc will win out over /nin b/c /dnc will be able to gravity the mob as well as use reverse flourish to heal themselves after a stray hit while looking for a new pet to charm.

tl;dr DW was the only thing bst needed to make a complete switch from /nin to /dnc
[+]
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-17 12:19:56  
Valefor.Angeluzun said:
tl;dr DW was the only thing bst needed to make a complete switch from /nin to /dnc
Fencer. Unless you only use Rampage.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-17 13:02:58  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Fencer. Unless you only use Rampage.

lol still doesn't disprove the fact that /dnc is the sub of choice for bst
 Asura.Crazyjuice
サーバ: Asura
user: nickee
By Asura.Crazyjuice 2010-06-17 13:20:49  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
prob
Lakshmi.Kyi said:

i'm just wondering why you would choose war over another dd job anyway :P

Because a good war/sam wont usually get out parsed in a party? :P Honestly, WAR is a much better DD than a lot of people that just leveled it to sub think it is.
 Midgardsormr.Soki
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-06-17 14:46:37  
At lvl 80 any job, subbing /nin or /dnc
/nin
Job Abilities
Level Name
01 Mijin Gakure

40 Yonin

40 Innin

, oops nope
05 Stealth 10 Dual Wield 10 Resist Bind 15 Subtle Blow 25 Dual Wield II 30 Resist Bind II 30 Subtle Blow II
9 Tonko: Ichi (Invisible)

12 Utsusemi: Ichi (Shadow)

15 Katon: Ichi (Fire)

15 Hyoton: Ichi (Ice)

15 Huton: Ichi (Wind)

15 Doton: Ichi (Earth)

15 Raiton: Ichi (Lightning)

15 Suiton: Ichi (Water)

19 Kurayami: Ichi (Blind)

23 Hojo: Ichi (Slow)

25 Monomi: Ichi (Sneak)

27 Dokumori: Ichi (Poison)

30 Jubaku: Ichi (Paralyze)

Ni Ninjutsu
Level Spell
34 Tonko: Ni (Invisible)

37 Utsusemi: Ni (Shadow)

40 Katon: Ni (Fire)

40 Hyoton: Ni (Ice)

40 Huton: Ni (Wind)

40 Doton: Ni (Earth)

40 Raiton: Ni (Lightning)

I see, utsusemi the only thing used and dual wield

/DNC
05 Sambas 5 Drain Samba 25 Aspir Samba 35 Drain Samba II
15 Waltzes 15 Curing Waltz 25 Divine Waltz 30 Curing Waltz II 35 Healing Waltz
20 Steps 20 20 Quickstep Lowers target's evasion. 30 Box Step Lowers target's defense. Because as a dnc, you use these often
Flourishes 25 30 Desperate Flourish Weighs down a target. Also used
Jigs 40 Flourishes II
All usable in a pt
15 Evasion Bonus 20 Resist Slow 25 Subtle Blow 30 Accuracy Bonus +10…
And now dual wield

SO… How are 3 blinks worth more than acc bonus, def down, evade down, and gravity?and cure curga drain and all around party assistance
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 14:50:28  
If DNC doesn't get as many tiers as soon as NIN does, NIN will win in terms of damage. You're spending TP that could be spent WSing, debuffing stuff. That's what DNC main is for.
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 14:53:24  
forget dnc. Cor gets movement and fastcast rolls. That > everything else
[+]
 Sylph.Spiriel
サーバ: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-17 14:58:37  
This has me scared that people are going to level /DNC to 49 and say "I don't need /NIN, I have /DNC!"

Bad idea, folks.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-17 15:07:00  
Sylph.Spiriel said:
This has me scared that people are going to level /DNC to 49 and say "I don't need /NIN, I have /DNC!"

Bad idea, folks.

I know people that would actually say that, even thou in merit partys people /nin for the blinks so the party can still plow thru mobs without needing as many cures...

hell i /nin and dont use dual wield i use it for the blinks
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-17 15:12:09  
So will nin/dnc have a unreal amount dual wield trait?
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 15:13:38  
It doesn't stack like that.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 15:15:10  
Carbuncle.Axle said:
you can dual wield X2, you can now put melee weapons in the ranged weapon and ammo slots.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-17 15:17:25  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
you can dual wield X2, you can now put melee weapons in the ranged weapon and ammo slots.

I mean the trait. Guess tier 1 or 2 won't over write nin's original tier 1 and 2.
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 15:18:20  
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

I mean the trait. Guess tier 1 or 2 won't over write nin's original tier 1 and 2.
this is like saying blm/rdm gets extra MAB since rdm gets it own...

lrn2playdough
[+]