Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-18 00:13:23  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Odin.Kalico said:
LOL What...you had to buy wotg though regardless lol ...come the *** on man
Which had been out for years... and could be bought at a store... and I'm not a man.

Ok just to make you feel better "miss" all the new spells are going to come from the old areas and although it makes no sense none of the new spells are going to come from the new expansion areas like the last ones did...0.o...in reality go put $10 on your debit card and go buy the expansion.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-18 00:37:33  
And you had to buy CoP AND go thru almost all the missions just to get acess to sea spells. Which are all very good and useful. In fact several are pretty much perma set once you get them.

Quit your complaining and buy the damn addon. And who cares if the other expansions are in a store. Online thru playonline viewer is way easier than getting at a store.

Also yeah what blazza said. When mobs use Battery charge it is just instant amount of mp restored not refresh
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-18 03:12:09  
I'm not sure I agree with you Kalico (there's a shock). All the spells except what appears to be aqua breath are from mobs that are readily available in current zones. I still find it odd that they would only add one spell from mobs in the new zones, and I really doubt we'll be seeing qutrubs, wivres, or pots in the new zones, and probably not gnats or sea monks. Having said that, Orobon isn't a much better option than Ada, since I don't think there are any Orobon mobs that aren't NM's? Unless the ones fished up aren't counted as NM's either, but sheesh, that'd be new.
 Odin.Yakoo
user: Yakoo
By Odin.Yakoo 2010-06-18 04:11:47  
SE, give us Citadel Buster and Spike Flail ; ;

Diffusion should be removed from Merit list changed to Job Ability with 5min recast.

I think the spell embrace will depend on moon phase x.x
Maybe max potency at 100% like Cure V max?

@ OP, Battery Charge is not Refresh, its MP gain.

Is there anyway a monster ability which has the effect of refresh? I think not.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-18 04:21:29  
Not that I'm aware of (or I'd have used Voracious Trunk on it by now), but some of our spells ARE slightly different to when the mob uses them. Buuuut I can't think of any that actually turn out BETTER than the mob version...
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2010-06-18 04:23:10  
Exuviation just straight out caps and wont boost for bad statuses sucks
 Carbuncle.Maxz
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: LQCH6027
By Carbuncle.Maxz 2010-06-18 05:58:18  
what they should do is give blu acess to spells like mortal ray 10k needels, extremly bad breath ,spike flail and other really bad *** spells but it can only be active during 2hr just like odin his move basically is the only form of the spell death a player can get
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-18 06:08:22  
Nah, then our 2-hour would actually be worth using.
 Ramuh.Zangada
サーバ: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-06-18 06:41:22  
I'd like to see something new for blu besides hours of spell hunting.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-18 06:43:29  
Ramuh.Zangada said:
But then it wouldn't be BLU now would it?
 Fenrir.Akuma
サーバ: Fenrir
user: nasamoo
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-18 08:02:31  
@ Maxz- Would be nice huh.. sadly I don't think SE is quite that smart.

@ Blazza- No kidding... I don't think I've ever really used my 2hr, other than trying to see how many damage I can try boosting a solo sc by with it.

On another note.. 16 blu vs ada for aqua breath lol think about it.. think people on servers would be nice enough to blu's? (I doubt it lol). and about battery charge, it's not a refresh but I'm really curious what the mp restore will be based on O.o.
 Valefor.Grozny
サーバ: Valefor
user: Grozny
By Valefor.Grozny 2010-06-18 08:47:52  
Fenrir.Akuma said:
and about battery charge, it's not a refresh but I'm really curious what the mp restore will be based on O.o.
My wild guess is to stack agi, we need another gear set to carry around right? Get a use for denali body.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-06-18 08:49:52  
Valefor.Grozny said:
Fenrir.Akuma said:
and about battery charge, it's not a refresh but I'm really curious what the mp restore will be based on O.o.
My wild guess is to stack agi, we need another gear set to carry around right? Get a use for denali body.
Wootga! I knew holding onto that denali body would be useful someday!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-18 10:06:23  
Valefor.Grozny said:
Fenrir.Akuma said:
I will hunt you down and shoot you if this is the case <_<
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-18 10:23:54  
How do they know battery charge is Refresh? Or someone stole it with Aura steal from a pot after use? I am excited for some new spells!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-18 10:26:10  
They don't, because it's not, lol. Blue Magic Hunting grounds is an excellent site for new blue mages, but it's not a reliable source of information for anything past that. Full props to whoever put it together of course, but don't read everything there as gospel.
 Sylph.Spiriel
サーバ: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-18 10:31:43  
Odin.Blazza said:
Odd that you'd have one from a mob that has no non NM version, but come Abyssea there could well be regular versions.
Didn't they outright say at Fanfest that HNM spells might be in BLU's future?
 Odin.Yakoo
user: Yakoo
By Odin.Yakoo 2010-06-18 11:56:00  
Ramuh.Zangada said:

For me, spell hunting was very funny and exciting during leveling blu :)
 Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-06-18 12:09:50  
I am hoping they will set it up so spells from level 20ish or so will be part of a dual wield build where the more you set the higher tier of dual wield you get sorta like clear mind. Might also get some of the job traits from the update, with the new spells and all.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2010-06-18 12:22:54  
Not alot of people are sure about what Azure Lore does. I was unaware. But it gives all spells 300% tp like chain affinity and Is More useful with sneak attack to see a huge diff. Can pop a 1500 cannonball without tp and then pop Azure lore Chain affinity sneak attack and do 3k+ easy. Its all about how you use it. THey need to make it last longer.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 12:23:18  
We already have to set a shitton of spells for one thing or another; these need to be hugely useful spells or I'd honestly prefer they just give us DWIII+ and call it a day. DWI settable trait isn't horrible, but I'd really like something better.

EDIT: If by 300 you mean 350 when under the effect of CA and by just like CA you mean CA uses whatever TP you have + your Enchainment merits should you have any, then yes.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-18 12:26:36  
Bismarck.Drakelth said:
Might also get some of the job traits from the update, with the new spells and all.

Doubtful considering that blu usually tends to get the lower tier traits much, much later than jobs whom those traits originally belonged to... roughly ~30 levels later at that
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-18 12:36:02  
I don't understand why Azure Lore is so short, to me it doesn't make sense when comparing it to how long other 2hrs last. But what really bothers me about it is that by the time the recast timer for a spell is back up, Azure Lore's effect is either over or just about to be. Considering how blu is played, we're usually forced to max out one spell to get worthwhile numbers making a 30s 2hr pretty fail
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2010-06-18 12:44:24  
Well the cool thing is if blu subs sam and has dual wield will be 3 way skillchainer. Can do weapon skill weapon skill spell and still be able to use chain affinity before. Yeah dude Im 5/5 enchainment. Cannonball sucks unless its 5/5. And TP caps at 300. So Before you edit me do your own research.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 12:46:39  
Cerberus.Deadplaything said:
Well the cool thing is if blu subs sam and has dual wield will be 3 way skillchainer. Can do weapon skill weapon skill spell and still be able to use chain affinity before. Yeah dude Im 5/5 enchainment. Cannonball sucks unless its 5/5. And TP caps at 300. So Before you edit me do your own research.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Blue_Magic_Damage

You were saying? 350 is a value that's thrown around for convenience since we obviously can't ascertain an exact value, but fTP values during 2hr exceed the 300 TP values.
 Cerberus.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-18 12:55:18  
I'd like to know where you got that information regarding azzure lore. I remember reading testing that was done about 3-4 years ago that showed that it effected the base damage of your "blue mage weapon". That is to say the part of the blue magic damage forumla that uses your blue magic skill level to detirmine the weapon base damage in the WS formula for spells. I can't remember the website for it anymore but it was pretty much proven conclusive.

They really need to increase the base weapon damage of blue mage spells beyond a set cap, and to add a way to stack attack with spells because the pdif section of blue magic spells is just utter trash against anything beyond merit level. The only reason cannonball isn't ***is because they put a way to enhance this through defense. Assuming cannonball remains the only spell like that blu will just become utterly useless in end game.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-18 13:04:00  
Cerberus.Excelior said:
blu will just become utterly useless in end game.

blu can still tan--... yeah, who am I kidding :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 13:08:00  
Cerberus.Excelior said:
I'd like to know where you got that information regarding azzure lore. I remember reading testing that was done about 3-4 years ago that showed that it effected the base damage of your "blue mage weapon". That is to say the part of the blue magic damage forumla that uses your blue magic skill level to detirmine the weapon base damage in the WS formula for spells. I can't remember the website for it anymore but it was pretty much proven conclusive.

They really need to increase the base weapon damage of blue mage spells beyond a set cap, and to add a way to stack attack with spells because the pdif section of blue magic spells is just utter trash against anything beyond merit level. The only reason cannonball isn't ***is because they put a way to enhance this through defense. Assuming cannonball remains the only spell like that blu will just become utterly useless in end game.
The original data was pulled from Studio Gobli and verified by VZX. Testing from there has largely been carried out on BG and Alla; there's a huge BLU thread that will doubtless get bumped come Monday on BG and obviously there's the BLU forum over at Alla. The page I linked to is literally a copypaste of VZX's information.

There is some kind of multiplier in effect during Azure Lore even without CA but I'm not sure of the exact mechanics involved. Something to boost spell attack would be wonderful - even a decked BLU isn't going to break 400 Blue Attack aside from Cannonball and spells with an attack modifier during CA. Honestly that's just sad given the kind of numbers other DDs can reasonably expect across the board these days. I wouldn't say useless but for very high level targets... could be problematic, aye. Nukes only work so well after a point and obviously you're not going to do much damage with such a low attack on other spells.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 13:08:19  
Valefor.Angeluzun said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
blu will just become utterly useless in end game.

blu can still tan--... yeah, who am I kidding :/
I miss tanking on BLU ; ;
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-18 13:21:01  
Odin.Blazza said:
Not that I'm aware of (or I'd have used Voracious Trunk on it by now), but some of our spells ARE slightly different to when the mob uses them. Buuuut I can't think of any that actually turn out BETTER than the mob version...

Metallic Body and Head Butt are both better than the mob versions, haha.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8