users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » New BLU Spells
New BLU Spells
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Alexander.Rabond
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Rabond 2010-06-18 13:21:41  
Maybe SE is makeing a HNM god mode for blu when you hit 99 then 2hr haveing all HNM spell. something like Smn 2hr blood pact. wish wish
 Siren.Bloowrii
サーバ: Siren
user: bloowrii
By Siren.Bloowrii 2010-06-18 13:25:49  
omg yes yes yes yes yes ......./drool
 Siren.Bloowrii
サーバ: Siren
user: bloowrii
By Siren.Bloowrii 2010-06-18 13:29:07  
SE just made blu mage such a god
 Leviathan.Emissaryofdeath
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Emissaryofdeath 2010-06-18 13:30:33  
new blu spells are good but leting use set more spell every 5 more levels and adding stackable fastcast spell even better
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-18 13:32:33  
Yall are saying Blu can't do good damage on high lv mobs like NM HNM ect...My question what do you consider high damage? I can do 400+ on most high lv NM's with big 3 is this considered low damage...and if we are getting compared to Sam MNK ect...those are WS DD...so the only way really to be on par with WS DD. Blu need a stronger WS not spells...if we had a sword WS that did an average of 800+ we would be good...but is this going to happen who knows we are suppose to get a bunch of new WS by the time we hit 99 so lets hope lol
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-06-18 13:38:32  
Savage to SATA Cannonball not only does good damage on HNM type mobs, but it is a great hate tool.

I mean you're not going to put out 2500 damage consistently on those mobs, but 1200-1400 with a mirrored light and the ability to plant massive hate on your tank isn't exactly craptastic.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-18 13:45:54  
true but most things now get dual pld/nin tanked so planting 2.5k damage worth of hate on one of them is counterproductive, unless one of them dies. and if thats the case, the easiest way to solve that problem is getting better tanks
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 13:54:30  
Odin.Kalico said:
Yall are saying Blu can't do good damage on high lv mobs like NM HNM ect...My question what do you consider high damage? I can do 400 on most high lv NM's with big 3 is this considered low damage...and if we are getting compared to Sam MNK ect...those are WS DD...so the only way really to be on par with WS DD. Blu need a stronger WS not spells...if we had a sword WS that did an average of 800 we would be good...but is this going to happen who knows we are suppose to get a bunch of new WS by the time we hit 99 so lets hope lol
When you pump out 600-1k+ on multihits depending on the target and the spell in question, 400 becomes a frustratingly low value. It's also an inefficient source of damage when you account for damage/MP and the TP fed to the mob in the process. Better sword WS would definitely help too.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-06-18 14:19:59  
Yes you're right Angel, but I said 1200 damage not 2500. I was using the 2500 as an example for one of the jobs considered heavy DD.

1k-1200 damage plant isn't outrageous.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-18 14:30:26  
aye, true enough
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-18 15:54:43  
I personally thing BLU just got the shaft. Being told we'd get DW native at fan fest, then they turn around and give it to a job that's already as broken as DNC. If BL does get it now, it'll be from spells and it'll either cost etreme amounts of spell points to make useful, or it'll only be a totally *** useless tier 1. Unless they make it so we can upgrade it to ninja like levels through spells, SE essentially just brought BLU to a pig party.

As for the spells, Animated Wail needs to be 15%+ for it to be appreciated.

Embrace needs to be not complete ***when moon phase is low.

Battery recharge needs to give back a lot of mp on a long recast or a smaller bit with a short recast and shorter casting time.

We also need new Multihit spells with higher mods. Our current spells will only get weaker as we level up thanks to level correction @ for WSC.

We need something to enhance Blue magic attack a lot more, simply because the higher we get, the larger the pDIF advantage of Melee damage gets because of higher base levels of attack, % boosts to Attack, more and more attack buffs that come out, and not to mention, the tons and tons of gear that will enhance attack and the very few or nonexistant pieces that will help blue magic.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-19 06:15:19  
For once I agree with Brain, 100%.
By Stnick 2010-06-19 06:18:37  
Remora.Brain said:
already as broken as DNC

I lol'd.
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-19 09:30:27  
You guys realize SE had to make DNC broken to get any self respecting guy to play the silly job right? Frills and rose tiaras... c'mon.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-19 09:33:19  
Remora.Brain said:
I personally thing BLU just got the shaft. Being told we'd get DW native at fan fest, then they turn around and give it to a job that's already as broken as DNC. If BL does get it now, it'll be from spells and it'll either cost etreme amounts of spell points to make useful, or it'll only be a totally *** useless tier 1. Unless they make it so we can upgrade it to ninja like levels through spells, SE essentially just brought BLU to a pig party.

As for the spells, Animated Wail needs to be 15%+ for it to be appreciated.

Embrace needs to be not complete ***when moon phase is low.

Battery recharge needs to give back a lot of mp on a long recast or a smaller bit with a short recast and shorter casting time.

We also need new Multihit spells with higher mods. Our current spells will only get weaker as we level up thanks to level correction @ for WSC.

We need something to enhance Blue magic attack a lot more, simply because the higher we get, the larger the pDIF advantage of Melee damage gets because of higher base levels of attack, % boosts to Attack, more and more attack buffs that come out, and not to mention, the tons and tons of gear that will enhance attack and the very few or nonexistant pieces that will help blue magic.
^^^^^
This, so much.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vontri
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-06-19 10:17:52  
Now that they are giving Dual Wield to DNC can SE just drop the idea for BLU and give us a C- Shield skill... >_> just saying.. it would be more useful than lolDW

I dont feel like having to set more spells just to get DW when I am running out of spells to set just to get the stuff i want already.....
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-19 10:19:28  
Carbuncle.Vontri said:
Now that they are giving Dual Wield to DNC can SE just drop the idea for BLU and give us a C- Shield skill... >_> just saying.. it would be more useful than lolDW

I dont feel like having to set more spells just to get DW when I am running out of spells to set just to get the stuff i want already.....
And throwing, too, please. I mean, seriously.

What I'd LOVE to see is Greatsword, but that'll never happen. Still, I'm looking forward to BLU/WAR with Fencer.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-19 10:39:55  
Throwing ws's yayyy
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-19 10:57:38  
I can't see myself ever setting dual wield, unless it just happens to set itself with spells that I'll be using anyway, and even then I'll most probably still use a shield.
 Carbuncle.Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-06-19 11:08:36  
I mean seriously.. BLU feeds the mobs enough TP we dont need to be DWing on them to give them more..

If people care so much about quicker TP gain.. /sam it will be faster now...

and with Sekkonoki you can have more efficient to do 200 TP >> Meditate >> Sekkonoki >> Chain Effinity >> WS >> BLU Spell

or whatever the right order to all that is....

Give us useful skills like shields or better yet Subtle Blow on our magic....

We also do use 2 handed weapons so we can not have to worry about Hasso and just use Third Eye
 Fenrir.Akuma
user: nasamoo
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-19 11:23:08  
Higher shield skill would be sexy I mean seriously what blu goes "I'm only /nin for DW *** using shadows" I know as a 75blu shadows have saved my *** more than once lol. <3 utsu.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2010-06-19 11:24:22  
What they need to do more than anything really for Blu is just give us a pallet set for spells, so that when we change jobs to Blu we can just choose the spell set that we want and it'll automatically set them all.

For example, say that I'm called out to events alot as Blu/Thf for Cannonball. I'm going to want to have my spells set accordingly to augment Cannonball's stats, and due to the nature of some of those spells, they really don't have much of a place outside of augmenting Cannonball's damage. Rather than having to go into your list and choose each spell to equip every time that you change jobs to Blu/Thf, what I say they should do is let us choose the spells we want, then save that spell set, and then the next time we change to Blu, we can just go into our spell set list and choose the specific Cannonball spell set. It'd be like the macro system, but specifically for equipping Blu spells.

I'd actually be fine with them just giving us something like that, since that'd save time and just generally be less of an annoyance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-19 11:25:59  
Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said:
What they need to do more than anything really for Blu is just give us a pallet set for spells, so that when we change jobs to Blu we can just choose the spell set that we want and it'll automatically set them all.

For example, say that I'm called out to events alot as Blu/Thf for Cannonball. I'm going to want to have my spells set accordingly to augment Cannonball's stats, and due to the nature of some of those spells, they really don't have much of a place outside of augmenting Cannonball's damage. Rather than having to go into your list and choose each spell to equip every time that you change jobs to Blu/Thf, what I say they should do is let us choose the spells we want, then save that spell set, and then the next time we change to Blu, we can just go into our spell set list and choose the specific Cannonball spell set. It'd be like the macro system, but specifically for equipping Blu spells.

I'd actually be fine with them just giving us something like that, since that'd save time and just generally be less of an annoyance.

Yes. Yes, ***, YES. Yes to the 1000000th degree.
 Fenrir.Akuma
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-19 11:30:10  
that woud be nice or atleast save what spells we have set when we job change ><
 Carbuncle.Vontri
By Carbuncle.Vontri 2010-06-19 11:38:42  
Fenrir.Akuma said:
Higher shield skill would be sexy I mean seriously what blu goes "I'm only /nin for DW *** using shadows" I know as a 75blu shadows have saved my *** more than once lol. <3 utsu.

lol

Since when are we talking about the of /nin....

Also with /rdm sheild skill and genbu shield cocoon phalanx SS Protect not much is going to hurt you >_>
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-19 11:38:56  
Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said:

Agreed, also off-topic, but related to this post, ALL jobs in FFXIV will use a system like blu's setting spells to set their JA's and WS's and even job traits, with point cost and everything. If they don't have the sort of pallet system as suggested above, it's gonna get damn annoying changing jobs each time (as it is with blu already)

source (img)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-19 11:52:19  
Stnick said:
Remora.Brain said:
already as broken as DNC

I lol'd.
It's true. Honestly, everything in that post is most likely true. I'm reserving judgement until after the update, but there's a high potential for this to be a very "meh" update for us.
Odin.Blazza said:
Agreed, also off-topic, but related to this post, ALL jobs in FFXIV will use a system like blu's setting spells to set their JA's and WS's and even job traits, with point cost and everything. If they don't have the sort of pallet system as suggested above, it's gonna get damn annoying changing jobs each time (as it is with blu already)

source (img)
Oh ***haha, that could get annoying really fast.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-19 14:01:29  
I would laugh if SE makes us suffer, then gives us something at 99 that breaks us and makes us solo AV. Or something.

Like the ability to turn Flayer, or absorb other players o.O
 Fenrir.Akuma
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-19 16:27:12  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
I would laugh if SE makes us suffer, then gives us something at 99 that breaks us and makes us solo AV. Or something. Like the ability to turn Flayer, or absorb other players o.O

lmao we could only dream of such power.. since we know SE likes to give blus' the shaft most of the time.
 Valefor.Puye
user: Puye
By Valefor.Puye 2010-06-19 16:39:19  
I believe BLU is getting Nullsong. I thought I saw that animation when the DAT miners went nuts after the update.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8