users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Pandemonium Warden was just killed by Apathy of Remora
Pandemonium Warden was just killed by Apathy of Remora
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-18 04:38:31  
i might just be Dumb or something, but i dont nessasarly understand how you beat this by logging out, i understand loseing hate so Astral Flow doesnt kick your *** to the curb, but woudlnt the monster go un-clamed, or De-pop (since its force poped an not spawned like normal nm's "I think ive olny done a T1 ZNM so <.< im guessing"

not olny that, but if you have to log out, to beat the sob, you are allso running the risk of getting shifted on the drops from your pop, i mean the ppl with you are with could be royal *** and not re-invite you an take the items that droped an clame them as there own, so you tottaly lose out.

but, thats just how i see it, and like ive said, ive olny done 1ZNM so im inexperianced in this.

(Get the bucket ready :O i'm bout to be flamed for 1) being a noob ^^ 2) giving my .02 cents )
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-18 05:17:48  
Popped NM's usually have a three minute period after hate is lost where they'll wonder back to their spawn point before despawning. I haven't fought PW, but I imagine it's the same principal going on how they beat it.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-18 05:43:06  
maybe, I need to get in to ZNM's i want a Hachiryu Haramaki <.< my mnk would Pawn in that :3 hell the hole set would be sexyer then... something thats really sexy ^^
 Remora.Devek
サーバ: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-01-18 08:41:24  
Blackmist said:
maybe, I need to get in to ZNM's i want a Hachiryu Haramaki &lt;.&lt; my mnk would Pawn in that :3 hell the hole set would be sexyer then... something thats really sexy ^^

Full usukane would be better, though I guess you could swap it in for weaponskill.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
サーバ: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-18 09:58:09  
To Blackmist: well i assume PW would hit you with Astral flow regardless if you had hate or not. Its more than likely like Kirin's. 2nd of all more than likely you are not doing PW with a group of random people from Whitegate's Rejected, Used, and Discarded pile. So your Group will re-invite you. If they don't, by the time you get to PW You should have noticed by now that your group of super best friends are shady.

Oh And I am not flaming you I'm just stating that ZNM's are usually done with larger groups of people who originally set out with the goal in mind of doing ZNM's so you probably have some sort of drop system worked out with each other and you can somewhat trust one another.

Id think to survive PW Astral Flow you'd have your main Group Log. leave behind enough people to drop it w/e % you need to drop it for it to AF have your Cell phone ready text your friends/email them/post on your respective Web page for them to Log back in immediately. Finish the job get people back up, distribute drops, back in time for House. d=

Edit: oh yea grats on the kill
 Remora.Narse
user: Narse
By Remora.Narse 2009-01-18 11:14:26  
I'll clarify a few things: First, logout was precautionary, as we have figured out how to effectively nullify Astral Flow (well, one person still dies) without having to log out (but if the person fails then everyone dies; better safe than sorry). No, the two drops are not going to the same person. Bowser got the H2H, and the body hasn't been distributed yet (Terraflarex had it for testing; he is not interested in the body though).
 Fairy.Poostaru
user: poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-01-18 11:59:29  
Blackmist said:
2) giving my .02 cents )

Its impossible to give .02 cents thats 2% of one cent, you can give 2.0 cents or .02 dollar.
Anyway the main point of this post was Congrats and sorry for being an asshat, its the Math major in me...
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-18 12:18:50
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I'm finally glad someone gave some justice to this NM that caused a media uproar and pile of *** over a group of fools that wasted 18 hours trying to kill it.

Congrats on defeating it, regardless of how it was done.
 Remora.Kindle
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-18 13:05:28  
Poostaru said:
Blackmist said:
2) giving my .02 cents )

Its impossible to give .02 cents thats 2% of one cent, you can give 2.0 cents or .02 dollar.
Anyway the main point of this post was Congrats and sorry for being an asshat, its the Math major in me...

Looooool
 Kujata.Rosangela
user: Angel
By Kujata.Rosangela 2009-01-18 13:19:17  
Congrats you guys. ^^
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-18 13:25:00

Poostaru said:
Blackmist said:
2) giving my .02 cents )
Its impossible to give .02 cents thats 2% of one cent, you can give 2.0 cents or .02 dollar. Anyway the main point of this post was Congrats and sorry for being an asshat, its the Math major in me...

I think he meant like $00.02 cents lol. Since it would look rather foolish to type like $00.2 , could mean $00.20 :P
 Kujata.Malicfayt
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-18 13:32:39  
Poostaru said:
Blackmist said:
2) giving my .02 cents )

It makes me glad that superiority complex's are a mainstay in our brilliant yet vibrantly dull and simple lives in society. Simply correcting someone is never enough, Our ego's need to constantly be stroked to remind us how un-originally different and wonderful we truly are. How unfortunate.

We understood what he was getting across but thank god the math major came along and cleared up all the confusion.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-18 14:03:15  
lol
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-18 14:17:49  
I second the lol ^^
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-01-18 15:25:12  
haha! very cool, Congrats on the kill!
 Hades.Rafleshiaa
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Rafleshiaa 2009-01-18 16:35:37  
Its a shame how it was brought down to logging off to avoid AF.. its like the wall glitch on AV, just not as bad.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-18 16:44:18

This calls for "Vid or it didn't happen."
 Asura.Lazera
サーバ: Asura
user: Lazera
By Asura.Lazera 2009-01-18 17:06:37  
Congrats to you and your LS :)
 Leviathan.Crosis
サーバ: Leviathan
user: CrosisX
By Leviathan.Crosis 2009-01-18 18:21:00  
I don't think it matters as to how they killed it but just that they did in general is good enough. Afterall we didn't have any idea what kinda crap this really dropped only some speculation.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-18 18:28:31  
Poostaru said:
Blackmist said:
2) giving my .02 cents )

^^ i was just being sarcastic with the .02 cause :P my comment didnt have much weigh in ;p i know you cant have 2% of a penny ... O.o Unless you break it in to 100 pices
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-18 20:18:41  
hmm does this make apthy the number one ls thru out FFXI?
 Leviathan.Crosis
By Leviathan.Crosis 2009-01-18 20:25:01  
No cause they didn't beat it they way i'm sure it was intended to be beat
 Seraph.Skylinekat
サーバ: Seraph
user: medjaix
By Seraph.Skylinekat 2009-01-18 21:45:54  
yes this makes apathy #1 LS in ffxi dont matter that they didnt beat PW, they beat him never the less. To all that want proof just look at some of their members titles they have the title from beating him so stop saying that you need a vid or some other crap to prove that they are better then you, and me will be lol
 Leviathan.Crosis
By Leviathan.Crosis 2009-01-18 21:52:57  
I'm not arguing the fact that they killed it i just don't think they're #1.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-18 22:02:54

Anyone can use obscure or grave tactics to get their ends and accomplish something in a video game. That doesn't necessarily make them better or more skilled than everyone else. However, I still tip my hat and give mad props to them for defeating a boss that caused such a fuss among the FFXI community and media for this "18 hour, undefeatable NM".
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-18 23:02:59  
well remora #1 then! jk
 Leviathan.Crosis
By Leviathan.Crosis 2009-01-18 23:12:58  
Artemicion said:
Anyone can use obscure or grave tactics to get their ends and accomplish something in a video game. That doesn't necessarily make them better or more skilled than everyone else. However, I still tip my hat and give mad props to them for defeating a boss that caused such a fuss among the FFXI community and media for this "18 hour, undefeatable NM".

I support this statement 100%

I think you're all just mad/jealous because they aren't disclosing how they killed it(in its entirety) as of yet. >.>

Honestly, you don't know how its "meant" to be defeated. Death has to be avoided in some manner, so devising a plan is better then doing nothing at all, and just succumbing to your early demise.

At least its been clarified though, that the /logout was to avoid something. lol I'm sure plenty of us were thinking you have to log @1% HP on PW for it to die...god that would be so dumb, but I wouldn't put it past SE. xD

My guess is they had several parties there for the fight though. Possibly to switch out PT's in the alliance so that if a PT wiped they could be replaced, and taken out of line of fire.

~Edit~

"If all individuals who have developed enmity die, Pandemonium Warden will return to his spawn point, with his train of lamps, and will not be aggressive to any non-combat action."

Can't seem to find a despawn time. :(
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-19 05:25:05  
Crosis said:
Artemicion said:

I support this statement 100%

100%