users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Pandemonium Warden was just killed by Apathy of Remora
Pandemonium Warden was just killed by Apathy of Remora
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-01-20 12:58:40  
Yep, in fact my nyzul static does that every single Sat. when we farm bosses.

Seriously though, avoiding damage is one of the major strategic points of this game. Why do you stand out of range of fire spit/GOH when your fighting Cerb, or why do you run out of range of meteor from KB. Apathy could have easily just escaped from the zone or tele'd out then run back after the AF went off, but they just used log off b/c its quicker. The reason this is different from AV methods is that they did nothing that prevented PW from behaving in the manor in which it was intended. If fact, it may very well be what SE intended, to some how run away to avoid the AF. If they didn't want that to happen, then why isn't PW's AF random like Kirin? It occurs at set hp % points, so players have the ability to predict it's behavior and react accordingly.
 Hades.Dekar
サーバ: Hades
user: Dekar
By Hades.Dekar 2009-01-20 13:06:18  
wow some people. 1st off this game was intended to be able to log off. this is no how way shape or form and illegil or illegal cheat hack invincibily *** code get over it they beat it fair and square. sure there's probably more then one way to kill it but they figured out a method to kill it so bravo to them. As for everyone who thinks this was an illegit win take your pissy attitudes and your pissy remarks and stop trying to bring down others happiness just because you want too. Again i say congrats on figuring out how to kill PW... now maybe others will start killing it as well ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Crosis
サーバ: Leviathan
user: CrosisX
By Leviathan.Crosis 2009-01-20 13:38:46  
I think my lips would be chapped if i kissed this much ***. They beat it and thats the end of it. Its a game not a real life accomplishment.
 Asura.Srcibbles
サーバ: Asura
user: srcibbles
By Asura.Srcibbles 2009-01-20 14:57:57  
Wooooodum said:
Genja said:
I mean... is this the american way of life?!
GTFO Moron. This isn't an American only game! How do you know that it's not supposed to be killed by logging out? The two hour time limit doesn't exactly provide a cushion of time to withstand the constant Astral Flows, somehow kite or hold it whilst everyone unweakens. Nine astral flows, did I read correctly? So that's about six minutes per Astral Flow to unweaken, so an hour of the two hours is spent unweakening. Even if there's not nine, just take into account the ~six minutes for an alliance to unweaken per Astral Flow that they decide to "heroically" and "unshamefully" take to the face. Heroic? More like stupid. Anyway, do the maths, and when it's been killed fifty times without logging out, feel free to come back and QQ that they cheated about it.
Genja said:
this win is a shame nothing more
A shame? Hardly. Every linkshell across every server now has a rough idea of how to win this themselves, if they didn't already. People will also talk about how "That Apathy of Remora" were the first shell to defeat Pandemonium Warden. A shame? Hardly...
Genja said:
You march into a poor country and blow away rusty buckets with an abrahms tank and you are proud of your win.
LOL, you're too much.

Maybe SE did make it so logging out is the way to beat it that would be consistent with that opening message about not making the game your life. I'd like to think it was their little way of saying you don't have to be on 24/7 to beat the biggest baddest boss. "If you log off FFXI good things can happen." also in the end there are no real winners here we are all losers for pouring countless hours into this game.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Firewind
サーバ: Garuda
user: Firewind
By Garuda.Firewind 2009-01-20 16:25:00  
In a sheer moment of total irony, I am apathetic about this mob.

However, Grats.
 Siren.Nayrhwiet
サーバ: Siren
user: Nayrhwiet
By Siren.Nayrhwiet 2009-01-20 18:34:43  
yea I don't see how this method is any different than running out of range of say, Citadel Buster or any other anticipatable move. congrats guys good teamwork. flamers... stop yelling at the brick wall that is the internet
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2009-01-20 20:04:39  
Has no one read the previous pages.

They logged out as a "precaution" they knew how to null his AF. But if that person messed up they all died.

They did not win because of logging out.
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-01-21 00:47:51  
I still cant believe this!
 Kujata.Malicfayt
サーバ: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-21 08:31:03  
I used my Game Genie to beat PW. Remember to save your game b4 entering a dungeon/ fighting a boss everyone!
 Fenrir.Tidusstrife
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tidusstrife 2009-01-21 10:18:27  
So, I have read pretty much every post about this, a lot of people complaining that it was a cheat/exploit on logging out to win, one dude even compared it to going to a 3rd world country and blowing ***up (seriously wtf drugs are you on dude?)But I'll say this, you go into this to win, i personaly do not see anything wrong with logging out, logging out is in no way cheating, you log out to avoid fighting a mob you might have agged then slept, so logging out to avoid a brutal 2hr assault on the whole linkshell (not just the main 18 alliance) is a very creative thinking idea, they have earned the congratulations from us all on opening a path for us to all try this method.

You all have my congratulations, good job indeed

p.s if any of you think I'm sucking up, then go beat PW without logging up, I'll suck up to you if you do win as i can blatently tell you're jealous of Apathy's achievement
 Remora.Ampelius
user: Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2009-01-21 13:58:41  
Asura.Srcibbles: Maybe SE did make it so logging out is the way to beat it that would be consistent with that opening message about not making the game your life. I'd like to think it was their little way of saying you don't have to be on 24/7 to beat the biggest baddest boss. "If you log off FFXI good things can happen." also in the end there are no real winners here we are all losers for pouring countless hours into this game.<

Srcibbles I loved this ^

congrats Apathy... by the way can you guys get me an aegis? lol j/k
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-21 14:04:44  
Malicfayt said:
I used my Game Genie to beat PW. Remember to save your game b4 entering a dungeon/ fighting a boss everyone!

LOL ^^
 Pandemonium.Sepihroth
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Sepihroth 2009-01-21 15:46:58  
Big gratz Apathy on your win :) And nice drops to boot.
Also to all the haters (not *** kissing here...) if you think they chated well go out and beat PW without logging out. Till then keep your pie hole shut, don't be jealous or hateful just cause they did something you can't do or have the time to do.

Logging out is in no way cheating.....Tell me how many of you haters have gotten agg from something you couldn't kill slept it and hit /logout and pray it stays sleeping untill you logout? Is that cheasting? No it's called saving your sorry ***.

If PW's AF was meant to be avoided by logging out SE will have a maint fixing it and say try again our crack fiends and keep paying your monthly fees....we love your money. Spank you and have a nice day.
 Kujata.Kasumuni
user: ghughe23
By Kujata.Kasumuni 2009-01-22 11:19:44  
its not cheating, well done guys. I envy you're efforts in killing the so-called invincible monster SE made. Logging out is not cheating at all. Everybody has the oppertunity to logout, so what makes these guys different? They thought of a way to kill him and did it.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-22 11:42:17  
What SE didn't expect was that logging out would work, so honestly they didn't cheat, they just figured "Fuk it everybody log out".

Congrats on the win, glad at least some drops are confirmed and at least an ls tried and succeeded.

Sometimes you have to think outside the box :P
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-22 11:45:31
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I don't have access to BG forums right now, and I'm also too lazy to dig through it but..

Can someone explain to me in depth the strategy behind logging out? They log out to avoid the 2 hour.. that much I can surmise. But how many people stay logged in? I hear the 2 hour wipes out LS's and not alliance, probably like Spike Flail. Why does the alliance just stand out of range? And from all the mobs I usually battle, 2 hours happen pretty randomly, most times there's no specific % that the mob has to be at before it will 2 hour, most often it's a range like around 50% or something like that..

I'm just curious the strategy behind logging out...
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-22 11:53:56  
Apparently when it hits 75%, 50%, and 25% it summons all 9 avatars to use Astral Flow on anyone with hate and continues to repeat the process until everyone has died. Which means... If you have hate, you die. There's no running out of range as far as I've heard, but I could be wrong.
The reason they log out is to clear hate and keep 3/4 of the LS alive to take it from the quarter % down to just above the next quarter and then repeat.
They leave just enough people in the game (I've heard they left about half a dozen Blue Mages in to Cannonball) to damage it down to the AF % and then have everyone else log back in after it wipes everyone.
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-03 16:19:44  
=O PW making news! Does anyone think SE made this for publicity stunt?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-03 16:26:12  
Kindle said:

It's nothing to do with SE. Click the link.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-03 16:28:08  
Wow... Necro much? :P
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-03 16:29:38  
Wooooodum said:
Kindle said:

So do you think they MADE PW for publicity...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-03 17:01:56  
Kindle said:
Wooooodum said:
Kindle said:

So do you think they MADE PW for publicity...

No.

They get enough publicity as it is, and to be honest, publicity because players are throwing up from physical exhaustion due to an eighteen hour fight isn't the sort of publicity they'd want. They made Pandemonium Warden to be a difficult battle as a final obsticle from a new line of oppositions.
 Kujata.Malicfayt
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-02-03 17:12:47  
Wooooodum said:
They get enough publicity as it is, and to be honest, publicity because players are throwing up from physical exhaustion due to an eighteen hour fight isn't the sort of publicity they'd want.

HAHAHAHA

Your the best Wooooodum XD
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-03 18:03:09  
lol
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-03 18:20:43  
Malicfayt said:
Wooooodum said:
They get enough publicity as it is, and to be honest, publicity because players are throwing up from physical exhaustion due to an eighteen hour fight isn't the sort of publicity they'd want.
HAHAHAHA Your the best Wooooodum XD

Win XD /clap
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-03 18:39:33  
I wasn't trying to be funny, but /bow all the same!
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-02-03 19:57:55  
Haseyo said:
The whole logging thing is an exploit.
It was a victory from an exploit.
Personally, I cannot congratulate that.

You people bitching about logging out are flat out stupid, ever since people started doing HNM, the log out hate-erase strategy has been used, even way back when kirin was a *** hour long fight, Tiamat, fafnir/nidhogg hell i've even seen people log for those, you name it it's been done.

Why do you complain about this kill but not the very common strategy itself which has been around for years?

You guys must never have killed any hnm if you think it's a cheat, it's common to have someone log rather than die, why not an alliance then? It works.. gets the NM killed, they got whateverthehell it drops, got a title i'd assume and you can't take that from them by labeling a common practice an exploit.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-03 20:38:42  
Smurfo said:
fafnir/nidhogg hell i've even seen people log for those

True story, I've done that once.