Ballista Tournament
First Page 2 3 4 ... 19 20 21
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:31:32  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Sorry, not everyone follows you around like a whipped dog on this site. Considering context, it was appropriate.

Well congratulations? Everybody already knew. You're like that guy who turns up to a party 3 weeks late and says "Did you here, Steve jobs died" when someone discusses an iPad.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-10-28 13:32:52  
It's not just a coincidence that the moment Flion entered this thread it went to crap.

Best of luck with your tournament, Urteil. Would join if I was on your server.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:34:11  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
It's not just a coincidence that the moment Flion entered this thread it went to crap.

Best of luck with your tournament, Urteil. Would join if I was on your server.

I was only mentioning my dislike of PVP.

If he wants to defend it to the death who am I to stop him? He should be grateful for the free bumps.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-28 13:34:41  
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-10-28 13:34:58  
Carbuncle.Huttburt said: »
Sorry, not everyone follows you around like a whipped dog on this site. Considering context, it was appropriate.

Well congratulations? Everybody already knew. You're like that guy who turns up to a party 3 weeks late and says "Did you here, Steve jobs died" when someone discusses an iPad.

Does it ever bother you, that your entire existence is justified simply and only by the ability to state useless and nonsensical metaphors, in an attempt to hide your incompetence?

You're only serving the purpose by bumping this thread repeatedly, and are easily manipulated.

And now below this, you'll respond appropriately.
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:37:43  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Carbuncle.Huttburt said: »

Does it ever bother you, that your entire existence is justified simply and only by the ability to state useless and nonsensical metaphors, in an attempt to hide your incompetence?

You're only serving the purpose by bumping this thread repeatedly, and are easily manipulated.

And now below this, you'll respond appropriately.

Implying that saying "You'll respond appropriately" would get me to stop. I know your desperate to get the last word, so you'll reply appropriately below here. I bump the thread because I want to bump the thread. Be grateful for the free bumps.
 Fenrir.Savoree
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Savoree 2011-10-28 13:38:06  
Put this thread to bed
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-10-28 14:15:53  
Flion topicbanned.
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-10-28 14:16:50  
Sign me up!

Think you can add all the time zones for USA, Japan, and some of the other popular countries that play?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-10-28 16:04:23  
My money's on the pld who has aegis (for nukers), o chain (for melee), almace(for phalanxers) kraken (for non-mnks), and burtgang (for mnks). Just saying.

If this said pld does not join, then some blm or cor will just come and blow everyone up (why I stopped enjoying uncapped ballista)
 Fenrir.Didgist
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-10-28 16:26:19  
Back when there were still arcades there was this guy that was unstoppable with M.Bison in Street Fighter. Everyday he would show up and laugh at you while you poured your allowance into the second coin slot.

One day some guy showed up and beat his *** mercilessly with Dan for about 30 minutes until the guy gave up and stormed off.

Curty is right, there are some gear/job combos that are almost impossible to beat. Taking one of these guys down would probably be the pinacle of a PvP players FF experience, especially with all the ego and posturing that goes on in this game.
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-10-28 16:28:13  
I would love to join... too bad about the whole different server thing =/

Fenrir.Curty said: »
My money's on the pld who has aegis (for nukers), o chain (for melee), almace(for phalanxers) kraken (for non-mnks), and burtgang (for mnks). Just saying.

If this said pld does not join, then some blm or cor will just come and blow everyone up (why I stopped enjoying uncapped ballista)
NIN/SCH can beat any of the PLDs you just said. Now if the PLD was using KC/Aegis, and /SCH for Sublimation it might be a different story.

vs Ochain: Just spam nukes with nuke set, It's beyond easy.
vs Aegis: Stay in Dark Arts spam Aspir, Dispel, and try to sleep. Once they run out of MP spam nukes, It'll take a lot longer to win and need luck, but it's very possible.
Vs Almace/Burt: They won't really help much in this situation.
Vs Kraken: They would probably have the best chance at winning with this just because of PLD's high club skill. It's possible to win using the same Aegis strat, but it wouldn't really be easy.
 Ragnarok.Beef
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: beeeeef
By Ragnarok.Beef 2011-10-28 16:40:40  
Fenrir.Didgist said: »
Back when there were still arcades there was this guy that was unstoppable with M.Bison in Street Fighter. Everyday he would show up and laugh at you while you poured your allowance into the second coin slot.

One day some guy showed up and beat his *** mercilessly with Dan for about 30 minutes until the guy gave up and stormed off.

Curty is right, there are some gear/job combos that are almost impossible to beat. Taking one of these guys down would probably be the pinacle of a PvP players FF experience, especially with all the ego and posturing that goes on in this game.

M. Bison is just cheap tricks, Sagat is where the real cheese is at. low and high fireballs, dropping like 3 tiger uppercuts in 2 seconds, his bogus counter knees, and his huge reach advantage over everyone but slow *** dhalsim is the worst.

M. Bison is just a psycho crusher to cheap throw spam character. Zangief can own him.

i think Urteil and Flionheart should work it out in Ballista.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2011-10-28 16:46:04  
PLD/WHM vs. the game with Ochain, if they have no ability to counter or phalanx just Kclub/Enlight them to death, they'll have nearly unlimited HP/HP. A job CAN beat them, the do have a very strong advantage though. (DRK/RDM w/ Apoc is fun vs. PLD but no where near as efficient) 60caps is where the balance is any way, nearly every job is able to be played efficiently and can have a roll in the actual game of BALLISTA, not this 1v1 epeen measurement. GL on the tourny tho
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-10-28 16:47:17  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Odin.Upbeat said: »

NIN/SCH can beat any of the PLDs you just said. Now if the PLD was using KC/Aegis, and /SCH for Sublimation it might be a different story.

vs Aegis: Stay in Dark Arts spam Aspir, Dispel, and try to sleep. Once they run out of MP spam nukes, It'll take a lot longer to win and need luck, but it's very possible.
Vs Kraken: They would probably have the best chance at winning with this just because of PLD's high club skill. It's possible to win using the same Aegis strat, but it wouldn't really be easy.
paladin is near immune to sleep after the first 1 or 2 casts even as a rdm with capped enfeebling, that strategy wouldn't help much
Immune? I think not. I've won many times using that exact strat. Sleep might miss 3 or 4 times in a row but it will land.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-28 16:49:18  

ahhhh i hate paladins in PVP ; ; I was having a field day the other day on BLM until PLD came along and pwn me repeatedly

edit: also what do CORs do in PVP? in a 1v1 situation could you just fire shot > light shot indefinitely?
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2011-10-28 16:50:12  
Did play the "new" Marv. vs. Capcon with me, Phoenix and Wolverine are bad chars, don't pick them, i promise.
 Valefor.Karppa
サーバ: Valefor
user: Karppa
By Valefor.Karppa 2011-10-28 17:02:50  
Peoples in another server can come if u doing that Ballista in test server... might be good idea to consider^^
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-28 17:04:05  
The ante and reward don't mean didley then, but it is a good idea for a separate event.
 Fenrir.Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-10-28 17:23:36  
I would bet my FFXI characters on my Zangief skills.
 Fenrir.Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-10-28 17:24:46  
Also I agree with mankey about 60 cap all the way up until the OMFG 2k Tachi: Jinpus.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-10-28 17:38:20  
All players build near immunity to (enfeebling) spells after some successful casts, dying less is advantageous for this reason.

Also, BRDs pretty pro in Ballista.

Fenrir.Mankey said: »
60caps is where the balance is any way

QFT
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-10-28 18:40:59  
I wish these level 60 people would level up.

Every job has a role at 60 cap, its only amplified at higher levels.

I wish all of these people with amazing strategies and insight would transfer it and come, it would be glorious.

Then we could ballista forever on the same server, yours are dead anyway!

I hope one of these Paladins of mythos joins, then I would in popular theory, actually have a chance of giving the bonus prize away when the champion gets to fight me.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-10-28 18:54:07  
Phoenix.Shiomi said: »
Sign me up!

Think you can add all the time zones for USA, Japan, and some of the other popular countries that play?

I think I did them right, didn't add JST. Wasn't sure what it equated to and didn't want to post the wrong thing.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-28 18:58:09  
JST is +8 GMT.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-10-28 18:58:19  
Odin.Upbeat said: »

There is very little chance a nin could kill a kraken pld, it would take a TON of kiting. You're underestimating how quickly it takes down a nin. Enlight is supremely broken when paired with kraken. Pld with no mp vs a nin spamming nukes, pld would still win easily. Sleep would be your only possible defense, but pld easily combats that with /sch. Although I'd probably just stick to /rdm and fealty > gravity = Good bye ninjar.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 19 20 21