Bahamut.Atoreis
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-12-25 17:13:43  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Kilobyte said: »
Just wanted to say... 17*5= 85 not 100.

I just said it in another thread, SE basicly dont know how their own game works.
Each level actually adds 20% mod.

Actually they know. 17% each step is what you get after Alpha multiplication. 100*0.85=85 85/5=17
They chose to say about real WSC you get instead of mod before Alpha. Since they have never said anything about any WS mod in the game before this update then there is nothing wrong that they chose to show it this way not the other.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
By Mirvana 2012-01-27 23:19:43  
Necrobump I know, but any tested if @ 5/5 gorget/belt or something like Sylvan Scarf + Scout's Belt (AGI+11 Ratk+15) makes a bigger difference on this one?
I've tried both sets but can see a discernable difference and don't have access to a parser atm.
 Phoenix.Bomber
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-01-27 23:31:00  
lol WS been modded 100% by a stat is a big pile of BS i have 5/5 shattersoul 210+ INT total outside abyssea and best i have gotten is 1500+ >.>
 Asura.Izilder
サーバ: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2012-02-07 13:01:34  
Im interested to see some numbers from this WS with Yoich (outside Aby!) to see if i should get this and not Anni / last stand.
 Fenrir.Greever
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Greever
By Fenrir.Greever 2012-02-08 04:53:10  
from what i did on lvl 105 mobs with 3/5 i wasent convinced this ws would be that good to anyone with access to emperyan/relic. my friend did some testing of his own 5/5 and was so underwhelmed he droped it right away. I used it a bit on Akvan VW mob 5/5 (not much though) and sidewider was doing maybe 2-300 less dmg and refug was just about matching its dmg. It was doing maybe 5-600 less dmg then jishnu's
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-08 05:29:02  
Asura.Izilder said: »
Im interested to see some numbers from this WS with Yoich (outside Aby!) to see if i should get this and not Anni / last stand.

Not even close dude. Just look at the tp mods. The only possible situation it could be better is if you're fighting something with ridiculous defense (not -pdt, defense). I don't know of any mobs in the game at the moment that fit this criterion.
By javelinx 2012-02-08 06:51:04  
using same ws build as SW/arching arrow(i know they shouldn't be the same, but idc about rng lol) set i was averaging 600 dmg more with 3/5 merits on Rw Nw Prt M Hrw, had food on, Pot-au-feu nq's, aggressor and zerk up, 1600 avg Apex, 1000 avg SW and arching arrow (AA peaks a little higher than SW with this set because of rancor collar)

this is kind of a hobbled together set i use for VW when a group really wants me to come rng for w/e reason, agi/dex+ 4, crit/ws dmg+2 on anwig. I replaced neck with af3 neck after i was done, and something on the back with Ratt like terebellum would probably be more effective on high lvl nm's, same with ring2 and ear2, anwig with AGI+4 Increases weapon skill damage (+2%) and Ranged Accuracy+10 Ranged Attack+5 would probably parse better, seiryu's kote(left mine in storage), percept bow might win out from ws mod and Ratt (was using vision because my skill is low and i need the acc), overall this ws is very nice on mobs with high def, which is what the devs intended i'm sure.

edit: my skill is 372 atm.
By Vengador 2012-02-13 07:08:57  
Hello shadow belt and shadow gorget work on apex arrow?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-13 07:10:49  
Nope. It is Fragmentation (wind/thunder) / Transfixion (light), so only Breeze, Thunder, and Light Gorgets will work with it.
By Vengador 2012-02-13 13:22:58  
Thankyou
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-02-16 12:03:33  
Would the Moonshade earring tp bonus have a greater effect on this weaponskill rather than agility, considering it would ignore more defense? I'll be getting it for Ukko's Fury and was just wondering if it would be just as ideal on Apex as it is on Ukko's.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-02-16 12:07:40  
Quetzalcoatl.Seveth said: »
Would the Moonshade earring tp bonus have a greater effect on this weaponskill rather than agility, considering it would ignore more defense? I'll be getting it for Ukko's Fury and was just wondering if it would be just as effective on Apex as it is on Ukko's.

I use the set: AGI+8 earrings, but moonshade -might- bee better
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-02-16 12:11:13  
That's what I have in my potential set as well. I like having gear that is usable on multiple jobs to make inventory space less a hassle. So, every little bit counts imo!
 Sylph.Mesheef
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-02-16 12:18:45  
don't merit apex
/thread
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-02-16 12:19:45  
Stop answering out of context.
 Sylph.Mesheef
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-02-16 12:23:42  
how is saving people time and disappointment out of context? i have capped archery and an amazing AGI set. sidewinder out preforms apex on every level.
 Lakshmi.Edgley
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Edgley
By Lakshmi.Edgley 2012-02-18 14:35:37  
Recently when I was trying to decide on Yoichinoyumi vs Annihilator I did some testing on the test server. I found that on EP mobs Apex and Namas are similar damage. Last Stand obviously beat it out point for point. but it was only behind 200 damage or so. on Sky Pots Namas and Apex were hitting for 1900-2000 and it spiked a couple times for 2200. Annihilator Coronach was similar to namas and Last Stand beat it out by 200 or so damage. It's expected because Last Stand is 2 hits.
 Ragnarok.Matix
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2012-02-20 15:52:34  
so like has no one heard of refulgent arrow...? if you want a damaging (300tp)ws, 60% str mod, 5.0 ftp, 2hits. I have incredibly impressive results with this ws(4k-5k+), and i never notice others using it, not sure if its gone under their radar or what.. but everyones after that super strong ws, well its been here for a few years now, esp with wings in VW, refulgent shines. I dont know why people expect apex to be super powerful, it should be clear the only place it will shine is a mob with very high defense(not -dt). I mean, clue me in if im missing something, but refulgent arrow is bow's equivalent to last stand.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-02-22 16:32:01  
Ragnarok.Matix said: »
so like has no one heard of refulgent arrow...? if you want a damaging (300tp)ws, 60% str mod, 5.0 ftp, 2hits. I have incredibly impressive results with this ws(4k-5k+), and i never notice others using it, not sure if its gone under their radar or what.. but everyones after that super strong ws, well its been here for a few years now, esp with wings in VW, refulgent shines. I dont know why people expect apex to be super powerful, it should be clear the only place it will shine is a mob with very high defense(not -dt). I mean, clue me in if im missing something, but refulgent arrow is bow's equivalent to last stand.
Wrong thread maybe? :X
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [408 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Jkun
サーバ: Asura
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-04-06 05:16:42  
Any word on Apex Arrow damage post-update? Assuming there's someone out there who still has it merited 5/5

Edit: to clarify, I'm asking because I still haven't figured out if last update's DEF/dmg adjustments were client-side only ._.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [171 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-24 12:11:32  
Asura.Jkun said: »
Any word on Apex Arrow damage post-update? Assuming there's someone out there who still has it merited 5/5

Edit: to clarify, I'm asking because I still haven't figured out if last update's DEF/dmg adjustments were client-side only ._.

got it 1/5 and been doing 5 K WS >.>

and 5/5 was only doing 5,5 K >.> so 500 dmg difference not a big deal.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-24 12:52:18  
500 damage across 20-30 ws is 15-20k damage. so you're basically saying that a 10% increase in damage is nothing in a game where 1% is significant.
 Phoenix.Taletta
user: DrTaletta
By Phoenix.Taletta 2013-09-24 13:58:25  
Well according to the position of the moon and the sun, and my 2nd grade mathematics, 500∙20 = 10,000 and 500∙30 = 15,000.
10-15k damage is nothing to sneeze at during the course of an event, but this is assuming that the merits aren't currently being spent on more relevant jobs. I wouldn't be surprised if those extra 4 merits on pretty much any other WS would yield more than 500 additional damage (on average).
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-24 14:08:43  
as an ally leader, i couldn't really care less how much you're realmrazers do. any job you take to big stuff regularly that makes use of a merit ws should be 5/5. that damage gap becomes larger and larger as buffs increase and could be into the 6 figures in a 45 minute fracture.
 Phoenix.Taletta
By Phoenix.Taletta 2013-09-24 14:38:22  
I don't think anyone is disputing that we should be making the most of our chosen job. That being said, Apex Arrow doesn't see nearly as much action as other merit WSs, so whether the ~10% damage increase is worth the 4 merits is up to how often the player uses it. As far as I'm concerned, unless you're in a position where you are consistently taking RNG to endgame events, the extra 4 merits are not worth dumping in to Apex Arrow.
EDIT: It may sound like I'm missing the point, but let's face the music: We don't put RNG on the top of our list for invites. It's not bad, but it's not the first choice.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-24 14:42:04  
Probably not, no. But, if you are making a concession based on how rarely you take a job to something, that should be the reasoning, not that it's only 10% damage, because 10% is massive.
 Phoenix.Taletta
By Phoenix.Taletta 2013-09-24 14:50:45  
I thought I had agreed that the 10% increase is worth taking.
Strictly within the context of maximizing Apex Arrow, yes: you should 5/5 it. You can make the identical argument for every other merit WS, however, so it isn't that compelling.
The problem with WSs like Apex Arrow is that the appropriate job isn't "popular" right now. I do not see Rangers throughout the servers like I do Monks, or Warriors, or even Red Mages (now). These jobs are worth having WSs with 5/5 merits in them. Now, if you are able to consistently go to events as RNG, sure: go fully merit Apex Arrow. But if you just play RNG occasionally (like most people), the 10% is not worth it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-24 15:25:20  
Considering apex arrow is only relevant at the moment for one job and one monster, I'd say 5/5ing it is a waste of resources.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-09-25 18:01:36  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Considering apex arrow is only relevant at the moment for one job and one monster, I'd say 5/5ing it is a waste of resources.

I agree, just that using it on SAM not a RNG (for a SAM to be doing 500 dmg difference btween a 5/5 and 1/5 not too bad due to having GK 5/5)

Just thought might be worth to SC or w/e

idk, so far Yoichi 5/5 APEX V.s. ME 1/5 (I beat them) but possibly cuz DMG on weapon only.

he did 1,7 k
I did 3,5 k
 Valefor.Mattyc
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2013-09-25 19:26:54  
not really a waste of resources >.>
not just good on "one monster"...