users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Help with WHM DD Sets
Help with WHM DD Sets
 Fenrir.Luckycharmss
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Luckycharmss 2013-04-28 15:09:15  
Voren said: »
I've seen some nice sets for /NIN, but my wife doesn't like to technically DD, but wants the relic hammer and to be able to survive if things go south. I was considering this for her

ItemSet 298854

She's got a great set up for cures, just looking for something on those "oh crap mob's coming for me and DD/Tank are down" moments.

In that case i'd suggest building a PDT build rather than the above set
[+]
By Voren 2013-04-28 15:13:37  
Derp, good point.

I often forget about PDT on anything other than PLD and WAR. I'll go look in that direction then, thanks!
 Fenrir.Luckycharmss
By Fenrir.Luckycharmss 2013-04-28 15:16:08  
^_^ Glad I could help
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Corphish
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-05-30 02:26:06  
Buuummp.

Would Bokus Robe Rank 15 (with 23 MND) beat Sublime Breastplate for Realmrazer?
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-05-30 12:04:42  
Cerberus.Corphish said: »
Buuummp.

Would Bokus Robe Rank 15 (with 23 MND) beat Sublime Breastplate for Realmrazer?

I would argue Sublime still wins because of the STR, but more so if you're trying to smash anything effectively in SoA. The evasion ratings there are fairly potent. Soloing VT-IT+ Umbrils in the caverns, I was probably eyeballing about 85% accuracy while riding Sole Sushi + Dexterity Club off hand.

Keyword though, eyeballing, thus take with a grain of salt. I'd still probably main Sublime on most WS as one will most likely not be attack capped on anything worth its salt. Also take with a grain of salt because this is my gut feeling on the matter (not even any napkin math here, heh)
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-05-30 17:18:18  
I ask because you mentioned on the previous page of replacing pieces with a combination of STR/MND with higher MND

Hyline hat > Magavan Beret
Marduk Dastanas +1 > Healer's Mitts +1

Plus I don't plan on doing tougher content with Winja (that's what my DRK is for).
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-05-30 19:02:07  
I ask because you mentioned on the previous page of replacing pieces with a combination of STR/MND with higher MND

Hyline hat > Magavan Beret
Marduk Dastanas +1 > Healer's Mitts +1

Plus I don't plan on doing tougher content with Winja (that's what my DRK is for).

No math still to back it up, but my gut tells me the difference would be so minute that you can use either for good results. After rethinking the numbers slightly though, I'm actually leaning towards the Bokwus Robes in a non-ACC scenario.
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-05-31 14:26:19  
Perhaps I spoke to soon.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-05-31 17:58:18  

Dev Team, incredible at throwing wrenches at any thought process =p

I'm still leaning towards Bokwus Robes in any non-ACC scenario, but the already fine margin is now finer.

Before, the debate in my head was 7 attack vs 6-7 WSC on MND (with the 2-3 fSTR balancing 2-3 WSC on MND), which should push the WS mod ahead.

Now it's more like 10 attack versus 6-7 WSC on MND, which still makes me feel MND would still win.

Still disclaiming the fact that I may be pulling my numbers outta my butt as I haven't really talked with any math experts to determine if my understanding of DD mechanics is right =p

I am looking forward to having the extra attack (about 30-40 on most decent WHM DDs) as well as the minute amount of accuracy (About 20 more accuracy)
By Connavarr 2013-06-01 03:06:03  
What would be a good club combo for someone who has no intention of making a relic/mythic club, or farming kraken. I've recently started gearing my WHM within the last month or so, after only using it on occasion in Aby. Backline sets are getting there, but for when I bash things with a club, what should I use?

Right now, while unlocking both Black Halo(yeah, shoulda done this ages ago for MNK) and Mystic Boon, I'm off handing Sahsa wand, ATK/ACC+10, haste+1 on it. I don't have a clue which clubs I should build from Magian line. Would a 99 WoE club be worth using? I won't 99 Gambenteinn, so that's out. OAT? STR? WSDMG+10%? I had considered the WoE club and WSDMG or STR ones, but wanted to check with you folks before starting.
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-06-01 10:54:05  
STR and DEX magian are good offhands, especially with the coming update. If you do Delve regularly, and have points to burn, Mondaha is currently the highest base club (excluding the stinger-crafted super Morgenstern Sharur +1, but who knows what people are gonna sell it for) and it has the potential to be +20 MND for certain WS modifiers.

DA2 Magian (as an offhand) loses its value with its high delay and doesn't really contribute to WHM's two super Weaponskills, Hexa Strike and Realmrazer, as both are really close, if not cap the attack rounds in a weaponskill. Its redeeming quality is at 99, it has high base damage.

OAT and OA2-4 are semi decent TPing clubs, but remember OAX does nothing for weaponskills. Their high delays may be getting phased out, though...

If you already have Gambanteinn 85, don't bother with Rose Couverte. Your 85 is better.

The best thing I believe you can add to your arsenal is the Delve cudgel, then offhand your Sasaha. This combo alone (with the right atmas) will be sufficient for anything you feel like bashing in Abyssea. Should you start considering WHM DD a bit more seriously, check out the sets and discussions of this thread, and this one. I've used both to assist gearing my whm.
By Connavarr 2013-06-01 13:59:24  
Thanks for the reply!

I'm not used to a 6(+1) and 7(+1) hit ws's, totaly forgot about that when I mentioned the OAX and DA clubs. That said, I don't have a Gambenteinn, but I have the items for the 90 WoE club, finishing it to 99 woulnd't be difficult at all, which is why I was wonder for that as a main hand. I'm also wondering how the TP BOnus magian would work for Hexa/Realmrazer as an off hand?

I'm just starting in Delve, working on getting pieces for my WAR before WHM, though that club is a certain possibilty, just depends on how long it takes me to really get into Delve and get my stuff.

Once Black Halo and Mystic Boon are unlocked, the only clubs I have really is molva Maul and Sasaha wand. Looks like it's STR or DEX at this time, though I may make the WSDMG+10% club for main hand and off hand the STR or DEX clubs, provided that club is decent enough performance wise.

Yes, I know my performance won't be Mjollnir/Kraken good, but I'd atleast like it to be sufficent without killing myself for a melee aspect of WHM.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-01 15:09:24  
Molva Maul and Sasah Wand should keep you going for a bit. I would HIGHLY recommend the Delve club as it's fairly simple to build for and provides a significant umph to any WHM DD.

Sasah Wand (especially +1) gives a nice amount of Accuracy, Attack, and a little bit of Haste that can let you hit Haste Cap without going heavy into the really high tier melee gear yet. STR club is great because we lack attack and DEX club because we lack accuracy (go B+ skill). However, your mileage with the DEX club may vary and you only really need it if you're planning to hit things in Seeker's areas. It is a very easy club to make however, as Thunder Weather is quite frequent.

Your game plan will definitely change once you get Mystic Boon though and you'll love it to death.
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-06-05 23:23:59  
Connavarr said: »
I have the items for the 90 WoE club, finishing it to 99 woulnd't be difficult at all, which is why I was wonder for that as a main hand. I'm also wondering how the TP BOnus magian would work for Hexa/Realmrazer as an off hand?
While Dagan is a decent HP/MP recover WS, standalone, it isn't that great, and you'll find Mystic Boon vastly superior to use. Take away Dagan, and the 90 Canne de Combat just becomes an outdated maul. I'd use the WoE items you have for another weapon if you can.

The TP bonus club isn't going to make or break Hexa/Realm, but it's a fantastic piece should you decide to make the Canne de Combat anyway. Dagan benefits from the TP bonus, so with the right set, you could recover quite a bit.

I'm just starting in Delve, working on getting pieces for my WAR before WHM, though that club is a certain possibilty, just depends on how long it takes me to really get into Delve and get my stuff.

Once Black Halo and Mystic Boon are unlocked, the only clubs I have really is molva Maul and Sasaha wand. Looks like it's STR or DEX at this time, though I may make the WSDMG+10% club for main hand and off hand the STR or DEX clubs, provided that club is decent enough performance wise.
Yeah, the club is definitely if you have excess plasm to burn. There are many other fantastic pieces for other jobs, the cudgel (and some Bokwus pieces that are good for Realmrazer) can wait.

That said, I'd forget about the WSDMG+10% Ukaldi and just focus on the D-Cudgel. It's infinitely easier to make, and much stronger.

Yes, I know my performance won't be Mjollnir/Kraken good, but I'd atleast like it to be sufficent without killing myself for a melee aspect of WHM.
Mjo/Kraken is kinda 'outdated' at the moment anyway, lol.
By Tickmeoff 2013-06-12 01:41:59  
Noticed that Nabu's Jubbah hasn't been mentioned in the thread, is it not better than Shedir Manteel for TP or useful for WS at all?
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-06-12 01:46:33  
The Nabu vs Shedir discussion is in the 'Making Hexa Better' thread, but to sum up, Shedir is an ideal TP body to use if you're using Kraken. Elsewise, Nabu is fantastic for TP. It's a solid WS for Hexa/Realm/most club WS (and some Staff!), but there are better options, such as Sublime Breastplate.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-06-12 02:32:28  
Have you not heard. A whm should not melee. Get with the times. Kinda just kiddong but hey thats what people tell me andy sch could run circles around a whm dd.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-12 02:33:17  
hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
 Fenrir.Thandar
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-06-12 03:27:23  
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
Have you not heard. A whm should not melee. Get with the times. Kinda just kiddong but hey thats what people tell me andy sch could run circles around a whm dd.

Not sure if talking about a SCH named Andy who is a good DD, or a typo.
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2013-06-12 03:39:00  
Fenrir.Thandar said: »

Not sure if talking about a SCH named Andy who is a good DD, or a typo.

Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-12 07:57:08  

Well, I guess we could settle this debate when I return to Ragnarok. Quick, someone lend me a KClub. =D
By Narb 2013-06-12 08:07:22  
Presidenobama outparses every single DD on Rag with his SCH he's really strong
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-06-12 08:09:08  
Narb said: »
Presidenobama outparses every single DD on Rag with his SCH he's really strong

He outparses me right now T.T
By Narb 2013-06-12 08:29:21  
Hackedman and Hackedescobar :c
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-06-12 08:41:28  
Carbuncle.Ghishlain said: »

Well, I guess we could settle this debate when I return to Ragnarok. Quick, someone lend me a KClub. =D

Kclub won't save you bow. The fight would be over before you got off two weapon skills.
By Narb 2013-06-12 09:23:25  
Lulzworthyyyy
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-12 09:54:45  

Kclub won't save you bow. The fight would be over before you got off two weapon skills.

Killing Uptala in 30 seconds? Okay, I'd like to see you do that too then =D
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2013-06-12 10:17:44  

LOL go away, I'm fairly certain Ghishlain or myself would smash you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2013-06-12 18:49:29  
Quote:

Have you not seen Ghishlain whm DD set. I would be SCARED. He has put a lot of time into it, and he could still out heal most whms in a heartbeat.