[Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments
[Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-26 09:49:33  
10-26-2012 8:27 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey

In addition to reducing the number of required astraria at each hierarchy, we have also decided to perform the following adjustments to increase the likelihood of clears. These adjustments are not yet reflected on the test server.

Raising the upper limit on "Advance ??? floors"
To slightly increase the opportunity to advance to floor 100, we will increase the maximum number of levels warped from 9 to 11.

Adjusting the Reaction Time of Runic Lamps
So that lamps inhibit the run time as little as possible, we will make the following changes to waiting time:
*"Same Time" lamps: Reduce waiting time for reactivation from 30 seconds to 15 seconds
*"Order" lamps: Reduce judgment time of correct order from 12 seconds to 7 seconds

Adjusting the Astraria in Possession to the New Amount
The test server currently reflects the following numbers (see post above this one, the one where you divide by 5 and round down).

We plan to change this to:
0 > 0
1~6 > 1
7~12 > 2
13~18 > 3
19~24 > 4
25 > 5

Changing Jobs that Can Use Powder Boots
There is a concern that the jobs on Powder Boots influence the jobs utilized for this assault and we have received a lot of feedback on this. We plan to change Powder Boots to "All Jobs" on a trial basis. This adjustment is not yet reflected on the test server.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

11-08-2012 08:01 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Powder Boots for All Jobs

Hello-

Thank you for the various suggestions regarding putting all jobs on Powder Boots. There were a lot of pros and cons, and we want to let you know that we will forgo this adjustment in the next version update.

This is because that there is a possibility that other problems may be caused by changing Powder Boots before first seeing the results of the adjustments to the content itself, and also because there were many suggestions that any adjustments to ease content should be made to the content itself.

Once we reflect on the effects of the content adjustment, we can take another look at whether we want to make changes to Powder Boots or adjust the content further.

Subscribe

11-08-2012 02:20 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

As there has been a large amount of feedback and requests to make direct adjustments to end-game content, and there is also a concern that making changes to Powder Boots before seeing the results of content adjustments could cause separate issues to arise, the development team has decided that they will not be making adjustments to Powder Boots to enable all jobs to equip them in the next version update.

With that said, we will first be making adjustments to content, and based on what we see from that we will look into whether more content adjustments are needed, if Powder Boots should be changed after all, or if jobs need to be addressed.
Subscribe
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-10-26 09:51:36  
Technically an improvement, but the problem with floor jumps isn't the ceiling, it's the floor.

The lamp change helps, if they're that set on keeping the lamps.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-10-26 09:53:47  
A step in the right direction I guess.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-10-26 09:57:20  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

So that lamps inhibit the run time as little as possible, we will make the following changes to waiting time:
*"Same Time" lamps: Reduce waiting time for reactivation from 30 seconds to 15 seconds
*"Order" lamps: Reduce judgment time of correct order from 12 seconds to 7 seconds
Subscribe

Give me a break! If they really wanted lamps to inhibit the run as little as possible you'd get rid of them all together.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-26 09:58:48  
They also want to keep them because of the original Nyzul, I'm sure.
[+]
By Valentine 2012-10-26 10:28:04  
Ramuh.Yarly said: »
A step in the right direction I guess.

No Embrava is all I remember.
By Valentine 2012-10-26 10:32:28  
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Raising the upper limit on "Advance ??? floors"
To SLIGHTLY increase the opportunity to advance to floor 100, we will increase the maximum number of levels warped from 9 to 11.

Subscribe

4~10 would be better or 5~10 with Bosses being a challenge.
By Valentine 2012-10-26 10:54:39  
2~9 floor jumps to reach floor 80:
maximum of 40 jumps with 2 floors.
minimum of 8,88~ jumps with 9 floors.

2~11 floor jumps to reach floor 80:
maximum of 40 jumps with 2 floors.
minimum of 7,27~ jumps with floor 11.

If avarage is 5 floors per jump... so it'll be 16 jumps w/o embrava.
Good Luck trying floor 100.

4~10 floor jumps would be realistically better to reach floor 80.

Maximum of 20 jumps with 4 floors.
Minimum of 8 jumps with 10 floors.

If avarage is 7 floors per jump... so it'll be 11,4 jumps w/o embrava.

Trying to reach floor 100 would be something like:

Maximum of 25 jumps with 4 floors.
Minimum of 10 jumps with 10 floors.

If avarage is 7 floors per jump... so it'll be 14,2 jumps w/o embrava.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-26 10:59:13  
The amount of astrarium being cut for the people who actually farmed those seems harsh to me. Those sorts of groups would have been having a bad time getting to 80 as it is, and as such worked for their astrariums. Cutting 20 of them into 4 seems extreme, at least give them a piece of armor.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-26 10:59:32  
14 jumps without embrava is possible with reasonable luck, 20+ is essentially never going to happen.
[+]
 Valefor.Kitheren
user: Kitheren
By Valefor.Kitheren 2012-10-26 11:06:28  
It's a step in the right directing but raising the minimum amount of floor jumps or the chance of getting a better floor jump would help much more.

My group tends to see 2-4 floor jumps more often than we see anything.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-26 11:20:46  
Valefor.Kitheren said: »
It's a step in the right directing but raising the minimum amount of floor jumps or the chance of getting a better floor jump would help much more.
Raising the minimum amount of floors goes against their intention for Nyzul, which is to make it random and fairly luck based.

Although I can't say that's impossible, I would imagine you are saying that because you tend to notice the 2-4 jumps more, and not because you actually have data to prove the claim.

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Subscribe

Give me a break! If they really wanted lamps to inhibit the run as little as possible you'd get rid of them all together.
Some people will never be happy until everything is handed them on a silver plate, and even then, they'll probably complain about it not being gold.

These are all great changes to Nyzul. "A step in the right direction" is a phrase you use when you expect more changes to happen. Don't count on it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Icemn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2012-10-26 11:24:01  
The rune SCH in my group usually writes down floor progression inbetween hitting the lamp to go up, we average 4.5~6.5 every time, doesn't matter how many 2s or 4s you get they average out, will be the same deal with the new 11 floor jumps, all they essentially did was raise the average per jump.
 Asura.Kohanu
サーバ: Asura
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2012-10-26 11:28:13  
Assuming equal distribution and that floor 1 doesn't count...

2-9 jumps is an average of 5.5 floors/jump, or an average of 18 to get to 100 or 14.4 to get to 80.

2-11 makes that a 6.5 floors/jump, an average of 15.2 to get to 100 or 12.2 to get to 80.

Raising it to 4-10 (which I doubt would happen) makes it 7 floors/jump, 14.1 jumps to get to 100 and 11.3 to get to 80.

(I rounded the decimals because typing insignificant digits is for chumps.)
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-26 11:32:52  
Valentine said: »
Sylph.Peldin said: »
Raising the minimum amount of floors goes against their intention for Nyzul, which is to make it random and fairly luck based.

Although I can't say that's impossible, I would imagine you are saying that because you tend to notice the 2-4 jumps more, and not because you actually have data to prove the claim.

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Subscribe

Some people will never be happy until everything is handed them on a silver plate, and even then, they'll probably complain about it not being gold.

Congratulations on your 15/15 ***.

I'm 4/15. Very mature btw.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-10-26 11:44:23  
The idea that there is any type of intentional "Judgment Delay" just makes me want to p*ss in SE's cornflakes.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-26 11:45:27  
Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
The idea that there is any type of intentional "Judgment Delay" just makes me want to p*ss in SE's cornflakes.
I can understand a few seconds, but 12+ is pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-26 11:49:52  
I'm kind of shocked that they've even admitted that they actually programmed that ***in and it isn't just server latency
[+]
By Avitori 2012-10-26 11:50:19  
Meh...they are making it easier at least I don't see why people are still complaining. Hitting floor 80 5 times is a realistic goal for those groups who are struggling as most of the "hardcore" players have been 15/15 a long time ago. Switch up the strategy a bit by bringing a good BRD and there you go.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-10-26 11:50:40  
Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
So true, the fact is, you can't make a new judgement on order until you know which lamps have stayed on, which by that point the lamps are able to be turned on again.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-26 11:51:25  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'm kind of shocked that they've even admitted that they actually programmed that ***in and it isn't just server latency

This was my thought as well.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-10-26 11:52:12  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
^this
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-26 11:53:00  
Avitori said: »
Meh...they are making it easier at least I don't see why people are still complaining. Hitting floor 80 5 times is a realistic goal for those groups who are struggling as most of the "hardcore" players have been 15/15 a long time ago. Switch up the strategy a bit by bringing a good BRD and there you go.

This is the internet.

Stop bringing practicality into this. We will argue on principle or over a few decimal points until Al Gore takes his internet and goes home.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-10-26 12:50:49  
Quetzalcoatl.Worlace said: »
Some of us have been 15/15 for months if you ain't by now then i don't know what to say.

That been said some nice adjustments yet some of you little muppets still complain.
complaining ≠ whining; get off your high horse.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-26 12:53:15  
I'm 0/15 :o
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-26 12:56:45  
Starting the Get Kalilla Nyzul gear Campaign now. If only there weren't these pesky server barriers...
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
サーバ: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-10-26 12:57:30  
welcome to the club. waiting on the "nerf" already "tested" with my friends NNI 80 w/o embrava(SCH, THF(@lamp), MNK, BLU, SAM, DRG), got probably the "worst run" (8 Lamps floors, 6 order, 2 code) and still got 80 and killed boss w/ 2-3mins remaining.

1 piece per week, well better than nothing. and legit.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7