[Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments
[Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Enuyasha 2012-10-27 23:40:22  
Hyabusa said: »
Enuyasha said: »
Sylph.Mirvana said: »
I'm just glad I'm only losing 1 gold astraria (2/25 atm). Will probably still try to do runs before this comes into play as I would still like to get Thaumas Feet snagged IMMEDIATELY!! Dey Soz Sexies! @o@

I would hoard my astraria and get a set immediately after the update :< but that'd be way too much work and i dont have a jesus SCH geared up.

I think you're missing the point. Your astaria are going to be divided by five and then rounded down. If you're 1-4/25 you will have zero after the update. If you're at 24/25 you will have 4 after the update.

I didnt know they where adjusting it the way they are. Now that i know i wouldn't do it like that~ Not that i would be able to anyway as i dont have the jobs with gear/weapons that the people who do NNI demand on my server :<
 Sylph.Peldin
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-28 00:55:40  
I'm just glad I'm only losing 1 gold astraria (2/25 atm). Will probably still try to do runs before this comes into play as I would still like to get Thaumas Feet snagged IMMEDIATELY!! Dey Soz Sexies! @o@
If anyone is looking at it this way, you are just plain failing.

If you are at 2/25 now, and that will change to 1/5 later. You've effectively GAINED 19. You will only need 4 more.

If you're at 10/25, after the update you will be 2/5. You've still effectively gained 12.

You guys see how that works right? Back to Mirvana:
25 - 2 = 23
5 -1 = 4
You need 23 more right now. After the update you will only need 4. So...
23 - 4 = 19. After the update you will have effectively been handed a free 19.

I can't make the math any simpler than that so I hope that makes sense to anyone else worried about the division process. EVERYONE is going to gain except in one occasion:
If you are already at 24/25, after the update you will be 4/5. So you don't lose or gain. You'll still be 1 away. Everyone else will be closer to turning in gold astraria after the update. This specific change will be a win/win.
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-10-28 00:57:10  
It still probably won't hurt to farm a handful or more lv80 clears. I don't think the adjustments have been given any sort of time frame and if you can get 19 or more you're pretty set for when the drop does come (puts you into the 4/5 bracket).

If this happens before the embrava nerf though, Mercs will just start selling floor80 wins instead of 100s.

@ Peldin, I was referring to trying to clear another floor100 for the boots, not 23 80s. Though admittedly I didn't word my statement as I may have intended.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-28 13:07:22  
If you're at 6, 12, 18, or 24 currently, then I would say it would be beneficial for you to take one of your runs and set the objective to floor 80 just because it's easier to get to 80 now than it will be post-embrava nerf.

I would not suggest aiming for floor 80 for any other circumstance as getting to floor 100 right now is still very doable. Last week my group won 2/3 and then last night we won 1/3. In fact, it would've been 2/3 again but we had someone dc on a CODE LAMP floor, so we were stuck until they logged back in which took a few minutes. Still got to floor 94 on that run.

*Edit* Thinking about it, even if you are at 6/12/18/24, I don't know if I would actually recommend setting the objective to 80. I guess it depends how your group is doing. By just setting the objective to 100, you will still run in to the 80 boss eventually, putting you in to that next tier anyway.

And btw, my recent success is not indicative of our average success. We've just had good luck recently. We went for almost 4 weeks with back luck. We would get consecutive 2-3 jumps, multiple order lamp floors, or just large floors that really slow down a group that doesn't speed hack. Our recent wins have been due to favorable jumps, and/or some very fast floors. Like a code lamp that's close by, or specified enemy/leader close by. Not to mention our kill speed is extremely fast.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-08 11:09:58  
11-08-2012 08:01 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Powder Boots for All Jobs

Hello-

Thank you for the various suggestions regarding putting all jobs on Powder Boots. There were a lot of pros and cons, and we want to let you know that we will forgo this adjustment in the next version update.

This is because that there is a possibility that other problems may be caused by changing Powder Boots before first seeing the results of the adjustments to the content itself, and also because there were many suggestions that any adjustments to ease content should be made to the content itself.

Once we reflect on the effects of the content adjustment, we can take another look at whether we want to make changes to Powder Boots or adjust the content further.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-08 14:24:34  
11-08-2012 02:20 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

As there has been a large amount of feedback and requests to make direct adjustments to end-game content, and there is also a concern that making changes to Powder Boots before seeing the results of content adjustments could cause separate issues to arise, the development team has decided that they will not be making adjustments to Powder Boots to enable all jobs to equip them in the next version update.

With that said, we will first be making adjustments to content, and based on what we see from that we will look into whether more content adjustments are needed, if Powder Boots should be changed after all, or if jobs need to be addressed.
Subscribe
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-12 00:46:26  
Still waiting for the japanese to request that our time not start until we actually enter Floor 1. Or at least give us a 1-2 min grace time for buying temp items. I say wait on Japanese b/c I haven't really seen any considerations of suggestions submitted on the English forums lol.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-11-12 03:23:41  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
11-08-2012 02:20 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

As there has been a large amount of feedback and requests to make direct adjustments to end-game content, and there is also a concern that making changes to Powder Boots before seeing the results of content adjustments could cause separate issues to arise, the development team has decided that they will not be making adjustments to Powder Boots to enable all jobs to equip them in the next version update.

With that said, we will first be making adjustments to content, and based on what we see from that we will look into whether more content adjustments are needed, if Powder Boots should be changed after all, or if jobs need to be addressed.
Subscribe

I've no words to accurately display my disappointment to this reply.Not because I have any interest in NNI. In fact I couldn't care less (yes,someone on the internet used that term correctly for once!) about it.But based on their last replies,and now this.All hope has finally and unreservedly died for me.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-11-12 03:57:02  
And now the price of Powder Boots tanks on most servers with the sell-off.

Ladies and Gentlemen: The economics of speculation!

Edit: Actually, it didn't even go up. Nobody thought to buy up stock?
 Quetzalcoatl.Bloodpool
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Bloodpool
By Quetzalcoatl.Bloodpool 2012-11-12 05:10:23  
More likely everybody realized SE would find a way out of what seems a not so difficult task.
By itchi508 2012-11-12 05:51:18  
Sad to see a nerf like this, will still be able to FL100 NNI with luck but this is the action SE takes rather than punishing those who cheat they nerf somthing that will in fact slow down everyone, NNI to a 6man non cheating static or even non 3rd party program users is a real challenge as it was intended to to be stretching over the course of months to completer your sets but when ppl cheat n sell gear goin 4/4 on wins constantly every week n clearing 15/15 in 1 month wtf is wrong with you people .. Thats jus sad and no that dnt make you a good player i no you think you are but if you cant go FL100 w/o cheating you should not even be in NNI and those who pay for the gear are just as stupid, those who cheat and abuse this game ruin it for others. The place embrava will hurt most is in Legion for sure, NNI is still possible for sure and things like ADL or prov Watcher are not a issue w/o embrava,
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-11-12 07:37:17  
Haven't won a single NNI out of 4 runs per week with a static for a few weeks now.

Is there any hope post update?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-11-12 07:42:40  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Haven't won a single NNI out of 4 runs per week with a static for a few weeks now.

I would look at your own group and how to improve, no wins in several weeks is either severely bad luck or you're doing something wrong.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-11-12 07:49:39  

Lock onto floor 80 post update.
By Valentine 2012-11-12 07:49:59  
itchi508 said: »
The place embrava will hurt most is in Legion for sure, NNI is still possible for sure and things like ADL or prov Watcher are not a issue w/o embrava,

Opinions, Opinions... opinions... >.>
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-11-12 07:52:23  
My group has had shitty luck as well. twice now, we have hit 97 with 3 mins left, and an easy floor, then jumped up to floor 99 with either a 5 lamp Order or chariot family on a big *** floor.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-11-12 07:54:00  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

I would look at your own group and how to improve, no wins in several weeks is either severely bad luck or you're doing something wrong.

Bunch of relic DD with good communication.

We got 7 lamp floors one run this week. 7.

There are ways to improve, yeah, but mostly it's the constant 2-3 floor jumps. Gotten to 85+ so many times it's not funny.

Not saying that we're not doing something wrong, just that we've gotten close enough so many times that I think it's awful luck.

Like that time we climbed up 3 1-3 floors. All run @.@
By Valentine 2012-11-12 07:57:19  

Getting to F100 w/o cheating is 100% luck + Efficience on the objetives.

I've made it with 4 Relic99 DD's we all know perfectly what to do. the "occasionally you'll get severe badluck" is all over the place xD Kill all with Genbu included lol or Tiamat camping a Lamp lol

The Reality is this is an event based severely on luck.
 Siren.Hyabusa
user: Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2012-11-21 23:13:49  
Valentine said: »

Getting to F100 w/o cheating is 100% luck + Efficience on the objetives.

I've made it with 4 Relic99 DD's we all know perfectly what to do. the "occasionally you'll get severe badluck" is all over the place xD Kill all with Genbu included lol or Tiamat camping a Lamp lol

The Reality is this is an event based severely on luck.

Great truth in that. My group has existed for two and a half weeks (I'm kicking myself for not starting sooner) and we've been to floor 100 three times out of ~Fourteen runs. We timed out twice thanks to the normal *** of lamp floors/***jumps/boss floor without WSs... but we did manage to get our first win exactly two weeks after forming.

Just keep trying man, it's luck based but that means you always have a chance. Btw group is Empy MNKx2, Empy BLU, OAT GS DRK and SCHx2
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-11-21 23:30:05  
In actuality, the higher your skill level, the less luck-dependent this event becomes.

I wouldn't go around telling everybody that you believe this event is 'severely' luck-dependent.
[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-11-21 23:38:19  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
In actuality, the higher your skill level, the less luck-dependent this event becomes.

I wouldn't go around telling everybody that you believe this event is 'severely' luck-dependent.

I like to think there's runs where bad luck can definitely cause a run, but you certainly don't need to be lucky to win more than you lose.
By Valentine 2012-11-21 23:39:02  

Get order lamp x8 at the same run and says me skill worth something in that case.
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-11-22 00:59:38  
The only thing that's truly wrong with NNI (100 or bust) is what's being adjusted (farm 80x5 afterwards). I've never seen the "need" for powder boots (movement speed, yes; powders, no). My LS makes sporadic attempts and we end up 90+ pretty frequently,
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-22 02:02:13  
The only thing that's truly wrong with NNI (100 or bust) is what's being adjusted (farm 80x5 afterwards). I've never seen the "need" for powder boots (movement speed, yes; powders, no). My LS makes sporadic attempts and we end up 90+ pretty frequently,
you wont need it every floor, or every run. but when you get big floors, or a code floor with the lamp being way over in east truck-a-fk youll need them, and you only get 1 sprinters drink if youre willing to burn the tokens
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-11-22 02:28:02  

Get order lamp x8 at the same run and says me skill worth something in that case.

aTbhcidse fmgahkiejsk lmmonroep qsresntsuev wtxhyazn1 2y3o4u5.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-11-22 02:52:09  

he said less luck-dependent, not free from luck.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-11-22 04:04:48  
Luck is a huge factor in this event, no if's and's or but's. I have probably cleared 100 at least 50 times so I know the event inside and out. If you get a few (even 2) 4-5 lamp order floors where you need to try 4 or 5 combinations before you get it right it is a serious time sink and can tank the whole run. Not to mention the complete and utter randomness of jumps, I have done runs where I've timed out in the 80's but cleared 23 floors, I have also had runs where it takes 13-14 jumps and clear before the 10 minute warning. No matter how "skilled" you are there is still a huge luck component involved.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-11-22 04:30:54  
It's like people don't read anymore.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-11-22 04:31:29  
Siren.Hyabusa said: »
Haven't won a single NNI out of 4 runs per week with a static for a few weeks now. Is there any hope post update?
Getting to F100 w/o cheating is 100% luck + Efficience on the objetives. I've made it with 4 Relic99 DD's we all know perfectly what to do. the "occasionally you'll get severe badluck" is all over the place xD Kill all with Genbu included lol or Tiamat camping a Lamp lol The Reality is this is an event based severely on luck.
Great truth in that. My group has existed for two and a half weeks (I'm kicking myself for not starting sooner) and we've been to floor 100 three times out of ~Fourteen runs. We timed out twice thanks to the normal *** of lamp floors/***jumps/boss floor without WSs... but we did manage to get our first win exactly two weeks after forming. Just keep trying man, it's luck based but that means you always have a chance. Btw group is Empy MNKx2, Empy BLU, OAT GS DRK and SCHx2

0 mnk more warrior and drk, your not killing fast enough on floors and for the floor 100 boss I can assure you mighty strikes upheaval / resolution is pretty much unless you have 30 seconds remainaing.... a guaranteed win.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-11-22 05:30:40  
My Group doesn't win often we do however manage to get to floor 96 frequently with SCHx2 COR DRK DRK SAM, The cor previously was BLU but we have found COR made a serious improvement due to bolters on lamps / boss / specified along with tacticians.

Name of this event is who can move fastest imo.

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7