By Taint 2017-12-26 17:08:23  
zaxtiss said: »
where you get the euipveiwer? i didnt see it on your github

https://github.com/ProjectTako/ffxi-addons/tree/master/equipviewer
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-26 17:17:37  
Um.... Why do your timers plugin font look so much cooler than mine? Can that be changed? Also that equip viewer.....
 Lakshmi.Sulia
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2017-12-26 19:53:34  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Um.... Why do your timers plugin font look so much cooler than mine? Can that be changed? Also that equip viewer.....
Timers has a space in the settings file to change the font and font size.
By Sammeh 2017-12-27 05:51:31  
This is my timers.xml file under plugins\settings folder. I *think* its default other than the x/y coords. My normal play resolution is 1600x900 which takes up a good size portion (for me) of a 1080p screen in windowed mode. I don't play full-screen.
Code
<settings>
    <global>
        <EnableRecast>true</EnableRecast>
        <EnableBuffs>true</EnableBuffs>
        <GraphicalMode>true</GraphicalMode>
        <SlimMode>true</SlimMode>
        <ShowTenths>true</ShowTenths>
        <Show1HourName>true</Show1HourName>
        <HighRed>255</HighRed>
        <HighGreen>0</HighGreen>
        <HighBlue>0</HighBlue>
        <MedRed>255</MedRed>
        <MedGreen>160</MedGreen>
        <MedBlue>0</MedBlue>
        <LowRed>0</LowRed>
        <LowGreen>255</LowGreen>
        <LowBlue>0</LowBlue>
        <TextA>255</TextA>
        <TextR>255</TextR>
        <TextG>255</TextG>
        <TextB>255</TextB>
        <BGA>128</BGA>
        <BGR>0</BGR>
        <BGG>0</BGG>
        <BGB>0</BGB>
        <FlashR>255</FlashR>
        <FlashG>255</FlashG>
        <FlashB>0</FlashB>
        <FontName>Arial</FontName>
        <FontSize>8</FontSize>
        <FontBold>false</FontBold>
        <BarSpacing>0</BarSpacing>
        <RecastTimerLimit>10</RecastTimerLimit>
        <BuffsTimerLimit>10</BuffsTimerLimit>
        <CustomTimerLimit>10</CustomTimerLimit>
        <RecastX>970</RecastX>
        <RecastY>700</RecastY>
        <BuffsX>1170</BuffsX>
        <BuffsY>700</BuffsY>
        <CustomX>970</CustomX>
        <CustomY>600</CustomY>
        <ExtendText>true</ExtendText>
        <TextColoring>false</TextColoring>
        <!--One of: Alphabetical, Creation, Duration-->
        <SortType>Creation</SortType>
        <MedPercent>0.5</MedPercent>
        <LowPercent>0.25</LowPercent>
        <RecastLowToHigh>true</RecastLowToHigh>
        <BuffsLowToHigh>false</BuffsLowToHigh>
        <CustomLowToHigh>false</CustomLowToHigh>
        <RecastFlashDuration>2</RecastFlashDuration>
        <BuffsFlashDuration>2</BuffsFlashDuration>
        <CustomFlashDuration>2</CustomFlashDuration>
        <!--If true, only items on the recast/buff lists will be displayed-->
        <WhitelistMode>false</WhitelistMode>
        <!--List of ability names to display recasts for if in whitelistMode and to exclude otherwise-->
        <AbilityRecastFilter />
        <!--List of spell names to display recasts for if in whitelistMode and to exclude otherwise-->
        <SpellRecastFilter />
        <!--List of ability names to display buffs for if in whitelistMode and to exclude otherwise-->
        <AbilityBuffFilter />
        <!--List of spell names to display buffs for if in whitelistMode and to exclude otherwise-->
        <SpellBuffFilter>Protect*|Shell*</SpellBuffFilter>
        <!--If true will show a font outline-->
        <Stroke>false</Stroke>
    </global>
</settings>

[+]
By Rainemard 2017-12-27 15:37:41  
Argosy +1 4/5 + pumm feet +3 still bis for resospam btw?
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-12-27 16:35:43  
Been using Monty forever glad to see others are now seeing it in new light. The biggest issue it had was acc which really isn't that big anymore with all the adjustments and gear. On my drk I have something around 12qa TA from flamma+2+montHQ but sadly the DA isn't as high <drk after all :( > at around 28ish bit its fun throwing out scs every couple seconds
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-27 17:17:50  
Rainemard said: »

Flamma +2 Head / Feet with Argosy +1 for the other three slots.
[+]
By Rainemard 2017-12-27 19:30:13  
Asura.Saevel said: »

And if att isn't capped? I pug a lot.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-27 21:11:56  
Mighty Strikes Reso set is the same, just with Boii feet, or is valor crit/str augments something to build for?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-27 21:14:15  
str/crit damage valor with boii feet is what i use
[+]
By olson2189 2017-12-28 00:10:22  

That's for low-acc right? For anything that matters (i.e., helms) what does your reso set look like? Swap in AF+3 legs/feet?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-28 03:49:12  
If he's talking about DRK, its probably Torc/reso

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 07:33:24  
olson2189 said: »

That's for low-acc right? For anything that matters (i.e., helms) what does your reso set look like? Swap in AF+3 legs/feet?

I don't have low-acc sets, that's for fighting big stuff. Argosy has a ***ton of accuracy packed into it, same with Flamma +2.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 07:37:18  
DirectX said: »
What would TP and WS set look like for Chango assuming:
No HQ Argosy. No expensive HQ buyables (i.e. belt+1).
No perfect augments on Valorous but can assume WSD 5%.
Just for the mean time while I have to gear other jobs and then I can come back to these elements later.

Something like this, its become my generic go-to set nowadays because Flamma +2 really changed some stuff in my WS sets. The problem I had with Chango in the past is, that since I'm Multi-stepping I had to deal with the lowest TP return WS, which for me was Full Break. With Flamma +2 it has enough Store TP that I don't need extra in my TP set to accommodate it anymore.

ItemSet 350357

Post deleted by User.
By Rainemard 2017-12-28 08:19:53  

I don't have low-acc sets, that's for fighting big stuff. Argosy has a ***ton of accuracy packed into it, same with Flamma +2.
For when the brd is shitty or w/e though, wouldn't argosy+1 4/5 + pumm feet+3 be better? I have no idea how much attack is capped in for example kin fight. Just wondering if the att when not capped > the +21 STR you get from flamma+2 head/feet.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 08:49:32  

For when the brd is shitty or w/e though, wouldn't argosy+1 4/5 + pumm feet+3 be better? I have no idea how much attack is capped in for example kin fight. Just wondering if the att when not capped > the +21 STR you get from flamma+2 head/feet.

Oh if your talking attack then Pummeler probably wins, WAR rarely has an issue with attack provided they are getting proper buffs (Chaos + Frailty + Berserk + Marcato VM + Min V). If your BRD has Aeonic they NEED to be using Marcato on Honor March, slap them if they don't know why they should be doing that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-28 09:21:56  
You can form a pretty simple group for VD Omega. I solo mine on blue and rune. Just kept ninja sub for shadows and was a cake walk. Think I did normal but difficult is very possible. Also, ninja wrecks that fight and takes nearly no damage.
By Rainemard 2017-12-28 09:53:39  

Oh if your talking attack then Pummeler probably wins, WAR rarely has an issue with attack provided they are getting proper buffs (Chaos + Frailty + Berserk + Marcato VM + Min V). If your BRD has Aeonic they NEED to be using Marcato on Honor March, slap them if they don't know why they should be doing that.
Yeah, most brds I play with don't even have 3song and usually there's no cor when I do kin runs since it'll have less lotters that way. Gonna use your suggestion for ***that matters, 4/5+pumm for regular pug play.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 10:19:52  
Yeah, most brds I play with don't even have 3song and usually there's no cor when I do kin runs since it'll have less lotters that way.

For the love of god dump their sorry *** and replace them. The JSE harp is all that's needed for a 3rd song and they can get all Song +1 on a Linos and all Song +2 from a neck. That's no different then a GEO having the AF bell and 780 skill.

If your buff situation is so bad that trusts would be better, just use a BLU because that's where they shine the most.
By Rainemard 2017-12-28 14:44:28  
Yeah, most brds I play with don't even have 3song and usually there's no cor when I do kin runs since it'll have less lotters that way.

For the love of god dump their sorry *** and replace them. The JSE harp is all that's needed for a 3rd song and they can get all Song +1 on a Linos and all Song +2 from a neck. That's no different then a GEO having the AF bell and 780 skill.

If your buff situation is so bad that trusts would be better, just use a BLU because that's where they shine the most.

Thing is I can't dump them mid-run, never know beforehand what I'm going to get with these people. They all say they're geared but half of them just lie to get drops. Don't want to be that guy that gearchecks everyone, good way to get hated on a server I already have few people to play with due to EU times. Least Fencer sets rule in situations like that, my SB set is strong enough to consistently do 30k with a geo bubble, no shitty brd needed. Would still like a static with a good brd though, makes runs SO much smoother.

Also mt, meant 4 song. Still can't cap attack with them though, prob less than 900skill and no relic etc.
By Afania 2017-12-28 14:54:48  

Thing is I can't dump them mid-run

Everyone all start somewhere. JSE needs clear and gil, not exactly new or returning player friendly.
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-28 15:38:51  
barring HQ Argosy, what is the best set for resolution these days? is it worth it to even use NQ or just wear mostly Flamma +2 and Pumm. Caligae +3?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 17:39:33  
Thing is I can't dump them mid-run, never know beforehand what I'm going to get with these people.

Ask ahead of time, don't need to be a *** but a few casual questions will let you know whats going on. "Hey so we can balance buffs, whats your +song at and how many songs you have". Then watch their response, if their open and straight forward then you can work with them, if they pretend not to read and go silent, or if they get super defense DUMP THEM IMMEDIATELY. They are just trying to waste your time and get ***for minimal effort, basically force you to pull their weight. You don't need the best, just someone who's legitimately putting effort in and trying to do their share.

Honor March really is a game changer though, Marcato turns it into a crazy powerful buff and then combine with VM + Min V + Mad / Min. The point of songs isn't to cap attack on their own, they are raising your base attack before percentage boosts like Smite, Berserk, Fury, Chaos and so forth. Min V at +6 (Linos, NQ Neck, JSE body) is +198 base attack that turns into +320 after Berserk and Smite. Chaos / Fury makes it over ++600 attack. Frailty serves to lower the targets defense and makes hitting cap much easier. So stacking base attack and then layering percentage bonus's really spikes the players attack value.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 17:41:52  
fillerbunny9 said: »
barring HQ Argosy, what is the best set for resolution these days? is it worth it to even use NQ or just wear mostly Flamma +2 and Pumm. Caligae +3?

Maybe valorous body / hands with STR / DA augments, Flamma +2 Head and Feet with Pummeler legs. Though honestly HQ Argosy has hit rock bottom in price if your server has someone with the leveled up crafting shield.
By Rainemard 2017-12-28 18:01:00  
Thing is I can't dump them mid-run, never know beforehand what I'm going to get with these people.

Ask ahead of time, don't need to be a *** but a few casual questions will let you know whats going on. "Hey so we can balance buffs, whats your +song at and how many songs you have". Then watch their response, if their open and straight forward then you can work with them, if they pretend not to read and go silent, or if they get super defense DUMB THEM IMMEDIATELY. They are just trying to waste your time and get ***for minimal effort, basically force you to pull their weight. You don't need the best, just someone who's legitimately putting effort in and trying to do their share.

Honor March really is a game changer though, Marcato turns it into a crazy powerful buff and then combine with VM + Min V + Mad / Min. The point of songs isn't to cap attack on their own, they are raising your base attack before percentage boosts like Smite, Berserk, Fury, Chaos and so forth. Min V at +6 (Linos, NQ Neck, JSE body) is +198 base attack that turns into +320 after Berserk and Smite. Chaos / Fury makes it over ++600 attack. Frailty serves to lower the targets defense and makes hitting cap much easier. So stacking base attack and then layering percentage bonus's really spikes the players attack value.

Yeah, usually do that. Kin was the exception, I really needed Utu Grip so I took any brds I could get my hands on. Went 1/26, saw body drop as often as grip. Glad I'm donw with that, can finally be more picky now. I try to give most people at least one chance to prove themselves though.
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-28 18:13:22  
fillerbunny9 said: »

Maybe valorous body / hands with STR / DA augments, Flamma +2 Head and Feet with Pummeler legs. Though honestly HQ Argosy has hit rock bottom in price if your server has someone with the leveled up crafting shield.

it seems that the shields here are for Gold, Bone, Leather, and MAYBE Cloth. -_-
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-28 21:55:24  
Thanks Sammeh/Saevel/Austar for your answers.

Quick backtrack cuz the last few pages lost me between the af+3 vs flamma+2 vs argosy+1 debate. What is the ideal piece for resolution? Have 4/5 argosy+1 (not including body). Can someone post their set? Also, Is the +3 body better than argosy+1 body for reso? I understand wsd doesn't work well past the first hit, but that 10% is huge so was wondering.

Post a set, or provide the numbers behind using flamma+2 head/feet/ring over argosy pieces.

Thanks
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 224 225 226