The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 224 225 226
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-12-28 22:19:12  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Thanks Sammeh/Saevel/Austar for your answers.

Quick backtrack cuz the last few pages lost me between the af+3 vs flamma+2 vs argosy+1 debate. What is the ideal piece for resolution? Have 4/5 argosy+1 (not including body). Can someone post their set? Also, Is the +3 body better than argosy+1 body for reso? I understand wsd doesn't work well past the first hit, but that 10% is huge so was wondering.

Post a set, or provide the numbers behind using flamma+2 head/feet/ring over argosy pieces.

Thanks

ItemSet 353814

The math is already here a few pages back. This assumes you're attack capped. If you aren't attack capped then you should sub in Argosy Celata +1 and Pummeler's Calligae +3.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-28 22:27:16  
Also, Is the +3 body better than argosy+1 body for reso? I understand wsd doesn't work well past the first hit, but that 10% is huge so was wondering.

Your not a DRK so no it's not.
By Rainemard 2017-12-29 04:32:16  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Thanks Sammeh/Saevel/Austar for your answers.

Quick backtrack cuz the last few pages lost me between the af+3 vs flamma+2 vs argosy+1 debate. What is the ideal piece for resolution? Have 4/5 argosy+1 (not including body). Can someone post their set? Also, Is the +3 body better than argosy+1 body for reso? I understand wsd doesn't work well past the first hit, but that 10% is huge so was wondering.

Post a set, or provide the numbers behind using flamma+2 head/feet/ring over argosy pieces.

Thanks

ItemSet 353814

The math is already here a few pages back. This assumes you're attack capped. If you aren't attack capped then you should sub in Argosy Celata +1 and Pummeler's Calligae +3.

Gonna guess Lugra+1 is only better from Dusk until Dawn? Brutal seems better outside of it to me, same with cessance. Just for clarification, never know when an item's description is wrong or buggy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-29 07:27:04  
DirectX said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
What would TP and WS set look like for Chango assuming:
No HQ Argosy. No expensive HQ buyables (i.e. belt+1).
No perfect augments on Valorous but can assume WSD 5%.
Just for the mean time while I have to gear other jobs and then I can come back to these elements later.

Something like this, its become my generic go-to set nowadays because Flamma +2 really changed some stuff in my WS sets. The problem I had with Chango in the past is, that since I'm Multi-stepping I had to deal with the lowest TP return WS, which for me was Full Break. With Flamma +2 it has enough Store TP that I don't need extra in my TP set to accommodate it anymore.

ItemSet 350357
What are the minimal augments that the body needs to be best on that set? What is a good upheaval set I can use under the limitations I set?

I'd got for DA +4/5 and Accuracy 15~20, it's a TP body for high MA sets which is paired with Sulevia's gauntlets +2 (STP +3 DA +13). The other option is HQ Emicho body / hands which is used when I either need high acc or more store TP (STP +7 DA +9).

For Upheaval your going to need two sets, first for under 2K and another for 2K and higher. First is going to be Multi-Attack / VIT the second is going to be WSD / VIT.
Code
sets.UpheavalA = {ammo="Knobkierrie",
			     head=WSD_Head,neck="Fotia gorget",ear1="Ishvara earring",ear2="Moonshade earring",
			 	 body="Pummeler's lorica +3",hands="Odyssean gauntlets",ring1="Niqmaddu ring",ring2="Regal ring",
			   	 back=WSD_Back,waist="Fotia belt",legs=WSD_Legs,feet="Sulevia's leggings +2"}

sets.UpheavalB = {ammo="Knobkierrie",
			     head="Odyssean helm",neck="Fotia gorget",ear1="Telos earring",ear2="Moonshade earring",
			 	 body="Pummeler's lorica +3",hands="Sulevia's gauntlets +2",ring1="Niqmaddu ring",ring2="Regal ring",
			   	 back=WSD_Back,waist="Caudata belt",legs="Sulevia's cuisses +2",feet="Pummeler's calligae +3"}

Set A is for 2K or more TP, Set B is for under 2K. Since I'm usually using a Chango the under 2K TP isn't used often so I reused some +WSD pieces that happened to have a lot of VIT / Atk / Acc on them anyway. Odyssean head was augmented with a ***ton of VIT and Atk/Acc, the Hands were VIT +11 WSD +4 I think.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-29 08:07:51  
I was using that unm eating with are and accuracy over lugra during the day. Guess it's not as good
By Darkvlade 2017-12-29 13:39:15  
Hi can someone point me to a scourge set, was looking through cant seem to find it thanks

Also can someone show/post the stones needed for which augments for valorous and odyssean gear , I saw some of the sets says QA but is that normal stones or dark matter, thanks again.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-29 14:25:28  
1 more DA but 1 less STP. Is this 1 STP needed?

I have both, Lissome provides the best overall benefit since I try to keep the accuracy in my WS and TP sets the same. That set is packing over 90% DA rate, +1 DA is incredibly small while the accuracy could be more useful.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-29 14:41:32  
When DA is less of a benefit, why not Flamma +2 hands instead of Sulevia +2?

4 DA, 47 ATK vs 6 STP, 8% Crit rate, 8 STR, 20 DEX, 1% Haste
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-29 15:18:06  
That said, I will be fine with Asperity for now then right? I went 0/10 earlier but at least got the Geomancy neck while at it.

Need to make gil for Valorous body next and get Omega earring.

You are perfectly fine with Asperity. To be completely honest inventory is something I'm mindful of due to playing multiple jobs. This maks me really picky on which "situational" accessories to include.

Also with Chango if I make 2000 TP and use Upheavel then should the next Upheavel make light with that or am I missing something? Do I need AM up for the first Upheavel and then only the 3rd Upheavel would make light with the 2nd?

The AM effect is only activated after the WS is used, meaning the first WS won't have T3 light property to link with the second. That is why King's Justice exists and you should make a set for that as well. KJ is Fragmentation and will link with Upheaval's natural Fusion property to make T3 light, which will link with another T3 light to produce double Light / Radiance.

KJ -> Upheaval -> Upheaval with Sekkanoki for double light, or ~2K Upheaval -> KJ -> Upheaval for three step Radiance. Four steps just has you insert Full Break or Steel Cycle before the Upheaval.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2017-12-29 15:54:37  
Once you make Radiance (or umbra for other weapons) the AM effect wears off.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-12-29 16:18:42  
Definitely thinking of making Chango after I finish my Trishula. It's either that or the gun.

At the moment I've been using Bravura for my great axe. I've been hitting some really decent Metatron Torment numbers. It's pretty nice when Warcry or Blood Rage is down. Most of the time barring spikes/full crits it puts my Ukkos to shame.

Once the card campaign hits I should have my +3 body.
ItemSet 355790

No real luck with WSDMG Augs for head/legs.

The hands have VIT+3/Int+4 Acc/Attack+18, Macc/Matk+19 and WSDMG+4

Cape is STR/Acc/WSDMG

If I'm messing around with trusts and I'm not getting super attack buffs, I switch my head/legs to argosy+1.

Pretty sad it ends up out damaging Ukkos most of the time.

More or less this is also my high TP set for KJ (minus the ishvara earring)
By Rainemard 2017-12-29 17:43:54  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Definitely thinking of making Chango after I finish my Trishula. It's either that or the gun.

At the moment I've been using Bravura for my great axe. I've been hitting some really decent Metatron Torment numbers. It's pretty nice when Warcry or Blood Rage is down. Most of the time barring spikes/full crits it puts my Ukkos to shame.

Once the card campaign hits I should have my +3 body.
ItemSet 355790

No real luck with WSDMG Augs for head/legs.

The hands have VIT+3/Int+4 Acc/Attack+18, Macc/Matk+19 and WSDMG+4

Cape is STR/Acc/WSDMG

If I'm messing around with trusts and I'm not getting super attack buffs, I switch my head/legs to argosy+1.

Pretty sad it ends up out damaging Ukkos most of the time.

More or less this is also my high TP set for KJ (minus the ishvara earring)

What numbers are you hitting with trusts? Making bravura atm, kind of curious.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-29 21:07:29  
I was using that unm eating with are and accuracy over lugra during the day. Guess it's not as good

This is why typing on a phone is stupid. just came back and read this and have no idea what I was saying.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-29 21:08:46  
I was using that UNM earring with STR and accuracy over Lugra during the day.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-30 02:29:28  
Thanks. Fowling ilvl one. Is that the BIS option during daytime?
By Davorin 2017-12-30 03:45:11  

Zwazo earring +1? Is your unity the best? If not, maybe Vulcan's pearl. Maybe Telos earring, or Cessance is best? What's your other earring? Which way are you facing? What's the moonphase?
By Rainemard 2017-12-30 18:01:32  
Davorin said: »

Zwazo earring +1? Is your unity the best? If not, maybe Vulcan's pearl. Maybe Telos earring, or Cessance is best? What's your other earring? Which way are you facing? What's the moonphase?
Kek
By Rainemard 2017-12-31 03:35:47  
Does anyone have a complete list of all the nultihit wses that transfer ftp on fotia neck/waist? Adjusting my gs, want to cover every weapon warrior has. Upheaval doesn't, right?
By Davorin 2017-12-31 03:46:41  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:FTP_Replicating_WS
[+]
By Rainemard 2017-12-31 04:53:25  
Much obliged
By Rainemard 2018-01-03 02:47:00  
Is WSD ever better to stack for King's Justice at a certain amount of TP over multi-attack? If so, what level of TP is the tipping point? Assuming all BiS items are available apart from Kin body & DM augments.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-03 06:46:00  
Rainemard said: »
Is WSD ever better to stack for King's Justice at a certain amount of TP over multi-attack? If so, what level of TP is the tipping point? Assuming all BiS items are available apart from Kin body & DM augments.

Same as Upheaval, around 2K TP.
By Rainemard 2018-01-03 07:30:21  
Also, is STR+30 acc/atk+20 Critdmg+10% worth it as MS Resolution piece? Or would using it together with 4/5 Val. critdmg aug'd have too little DA for it to be worth it?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-03 08:49:07  
I don't know of any crit dmg+10 capes, if you're referring to ambuscade. Its critical hit rate. MS is forced crits, so that cape does nothing for MS.
By Rainemard 2018-01-03 09:14:37  
I don't know of any crit dmg+10 capes, if you're referring to ambuscade. Its critical hit rate. MS is forced crits, so that cape does nothing for MS.
My bad, thought there was a critdmg one too. Just checked, DA it is :^)
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 224 225 226