[Dev] Matsui: To All Adventurers And Pioneers!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » [Dev] Matsui: To all adventurers and pioneers!
[Dev] Matsui: To all adventurers and pioneers!
First Page 2 3 4
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-22 13:12:05  
03-22-2013 02:36 PM
[source]
Akihiko Matsui
Dev Team

To all adventurers and pioneers!

Hello,

Matsui here.

We are just a couple days away from the release of Seekers of Adoulin and the development team is putting on the finishing touches. (The main tasks being the testing and fixing of any bugs that were discovered by the dev or QA teams.)

However, there are a couple of things that I wanted to let you know ahead of time, so I broke free from the development tasks for a bit to write up this post.

First I would like to talk about missions and quests.

• Missions and Quests
    One of the biggest requests we have received for the past couple years was to add quests that have a deep story and allow you to feel more of the world and lore, so for Seekers of Adoulin the entire event staff has been using all their power to respond to these requests. (The amount of materials for the new continent's lore is seriously huge.)

Due to the fact that the translation work volume is extremely large, there are some quests that had to be pushed back from the upcoming version update; however, I believe that there is still quite a large volume of quests to be implemented.

Also, with the version updates to take place after launch, we will be adding quests and putting material on topics to go along with the main story missions as they are added, and we are striving to make it so everyone can directly feel the world being pioneered and all the changes that take place.

Next, I would like to discuss the level design in Seekers of Adoulin. Equipment, content, and jobs are not something that we can separate from this, so I would like to explain our thoughts on this by including them all.

• Level Design of Seekers of Adoulin
    For those players who have reached level 99, the main focus of growth is equipment. We envision a play cycle where players take on content with their current gear in order to collect equipment with better stats, and then take on more difficult content to procure even better equipment.

We are currently working to make it so there is a common gauge for equipment and content (let's call it content levels for the time being), and to create index data that will allow those who are implementing equipment and content to have a more objective understanding of the equipment stats and monster strength. Ultimately I would like to be able to release information indicating the content level to all of you adventurers. While this is still in a phase where work needs to be done, I'm getting the feeling that things are coming together bit by bit.

The parameters for monsters that await adventurers and pioneers have been decided by the above content levels and index data.

We've eased up on the AoE damage of monster's special attacks, and we've also eased up the status ailments from added effects so that they last for a maximum of 60 seconds. Also, we've made Amnesia and other difficult to cure status ailments have an even shorter effect duration.

In regards to the addition of two new jobs and the increasingly difficult job adjustments, I believe that making adjustments so that regardless of the enemy all jobs are able to deal the same damage or making adjustments so that regardless of the content all jobs can clear it using the same strategy are not fitting adjustments for a game with 22 jobs. Job adjustment is fundamentally content adjustment. For any content, if there are only enemies that are strong against magic, magic based jobs will no doubt take a hit. We will pay even more attention to whether the content that is implemented is open to all jobs and be more thorough in sharing information between the people who are implementing the content. We're aware that there are still some uneven aspects to strengths and weaknesses of certain jobs, but the job lead and those making content adjustments are aware that only modifying the job parameters will not accomplish this task, and will be continuing to make adjustments.

Once I start writing it often times gets quite long. If you are feeling tired while reading this, go ahead and take a break and come back later.

Moving on, I would like to talk about Seekers of Adoulin related content.

• Seekers of Adoulin Related Content
    In regards to battle content, we will first be implementing Reives and Skirmish.

• Reives
      Reives are essentially a means to pioneer. Battling with monsters who are in the way of pioneering and clearing out other natural obstructions to increase the colonization rate is a world-wide endeavor.
      By increasing the colonization rate it will be possible to gain various boons such as making it easier to progress through areas and making it easier to gather materials.

Also, as an individual reward, you will gain points known as Bayld, which you can then use to exchange them for equipment and other things.

• Skirmish
      Skirmish was shown the other day on YouTube Live and it is a type of end-game content. For the upcoming version update we have prepared two types of Skirmish. The difficulty is by no means low, and we've prepared fitting rewards, so if you have the confidence please try and take on the challenge.

We plan on expanding both of these contents as areas open up.

Also, we are working on developing content that a tier higher from Skirmish as well. This battle content is planned to expand with each version update.

• Mog Gardens
      During VanaFest we showed off all of the content we felt we were going to be able to introduce, and many of you were hoping to be able to experience it when the expansion launches, but we plan on releasing thee Mog Gardens content as Adoulin is colonized.

Content-wise there are a lot of aspects which require a lot of time for testing, but Fujito is working hard to deliver this content around summer time as planned. (Fujito plans on making a comment separately on this, so stay tuned.)

Finally, I would like to talk about some other content. While content listed below is not everything, I wanted to discuss some of the more noteworthy aspects.

• Play as a Monster
    While Play as a Monster was originally being developed on a separate time schedule from Seekers of Adoulin, due to the fact that adjustments will be made to follow player growth post-Seekers of Adoulin, the speed of work on this has slowed down for the moment.

We are overcoming the technical hurdles one by one and are continuing to work on adjustments to fit Adoulin, so we would like to show it off on the Test Server or with a live stream when the time is right.

• Storage
    We are working towards making it possible to use storage from all rental houses. While we are still performing testing, we are hoping to make it possible around the spring to summer time frame.

• Expansion of the range for party invites
    Similar for this, we expect it to be around the spring to summer time frame. At the same time we are planning to expand party invites and the /yell feature to the Chocobo Circuit.

• Fishing
    We expect fishing revamps to take place around the summer to fall time frame. We also plan on implementing this to the Test Server for you all to try out, and your cooperation would be most helpful.

• Synergy and Evolith
    This is somewhat off in the future, but I feel revamps to this are necessary and have value. Once we are at the stage where we can let you know the specific plan we will inform you.

Subscribe

03-26-2013 12:42 PM
[source]
Akihiko Matsui
Dev Team

Hello,

Matsui here.

We've been receiving some questions in regards to what we will be doing with relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons moving forward, so I would like to address what I can at the moment.

We are not planning to enhance relic, mythic, or empyrean weapons via Trial of the Magians or through other methods.

However, in regards to these weapons that you have enhanced up to level 99, we are formulating plans so that they do not go to waste. (Including the weapons that do not yet have their afterglows.)

In regards to the shields and instruments, even in light of the growth that will take place for characters with Adoulin equipment, these in particular are still at the highest caliber and will not be addressed in the plans mentioned above.

While I'm unable to talk about the specifics at this point in time, as soon as the time comes where I can, I will be sure to let you all know.
Subscribe
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2013-03-22 13:19:04  
The furniture is definitely a long time in coming. Not sure why they didnt do this years ago when the locker was added.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-03-22 13:20:45  
I think I'm stoked about every single thing in that post. I could hug Matsui right now.
 Sylph.Washburn
サーバ: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2013-03-22 13:27:09  
When i did the rough translation this morning, "Reive" was translated as "Rave", So i'm assuming that's how it's meant to be pronounced.

"Rave is, it is intended to open up just rave about."
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-22 13:27:15  
Reposting since Kali is mean and made two topics
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Inb4ing the naysayers: I'm perfectly ok with this. I'd rather have more things to look forward to even after the expansion is out then get everything at the same time.
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-03-22 13:29:41  
Did anyone ask for Synergy changes?

Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-22 13:31:08  
The only synergy change I'd like is to have a little HUD appear with the status of the synth. Like the elemental levels and such so you don't have to guess when things are leaking or scan through spammed chatlog.
By Enuyasha 2013-03-22 13:32:16  
Sylph.Chrisstreb said: »
Did anyone ask for Synergy changes?

i for one am hoping "Synergy changes" eliminates the *** all randomness of augments...

Sylph.Washburn said: »
When i did the rough translation this morning, "Reive" was translated as "Rave", So i'm assuming that's how it's meant to be pronounced.

"Rave is, it is intended to open up just rave about."

I thought it was going to be spelled "Reave"....second cool thing SE has misspelled/misshortened :(
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-22 13:35:25  
Quote:
Because of the tremendous amount of translation work that is required, there have been some quests that were, sadly, postponed from this version update.

Just like *** WOTG..... "we have gotten 3 cutscene missions ready for release (even though we've been using this ***as an excuse for getting nothing else done for the past 6 months) and expect to see the completion somewhere near the week the servers turn off". I take their "binders full of content" about as heartily as the average voter took Romney's "binders full of women".

Since i type slow:

Inb4ing the naysayers: I'm perfectly ok with this. I'd rather have more things to look forward to even after the expansion is out then get everything at the same time.

I would too but i remember wotg having NOTHING except campaign and 3 cutscenes (literally up to cait sith in the storyline) at release. As long as there's SOMETHING then I have nothing to complain about.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-22 13:42:54  
I do hope they have a decent bit of interesting story to start. If they string it out like WotG, I'm going to end up loosing interest again. I only finally got the drive to finished WotG cause I had to have my moonshade for chant. And speaking of that... I hope the mission rewards for this are awesome an unique. Perhaps another ring? Or a neck piece? Or multiple parts? Whatever it is though, I hope it's as timeless as rajas is.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-03-22 13:46:07  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Quote:
Because of the tremendous amount of translation work that is required, there have been some quests that were, sadly, postponed from this version update.

Just like *** WOTG..... "we have gotten 3 cutscene missions ready for release (even though we've been using this ***as an excuse for getting nothing else done for the past 6 months) and expect to see the completion somewhere near the week the servers turn off". I take their "binders full of content" about as heartily as the average voter took Romney's "binders full of women".

Since i type slow:

I would too but i remember wotg having NOTHING except campaign and 3 cutscenes (literally up to cait sith in the storyline) at release. As long as there's SOMETHING then I have nothing to complain about.

You'll get 3 CS's which opens access to the new campaign style battles!
 Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Milliniar
By Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar 2013-03-22 13:46:52  
yes more evolith!!!!
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-03-22 13:47:17  
I just hope that little bit of content they forgot to put in isnt RNF/GEO AF/Relic/Empyrean sets...the world would explode with teal,aurore,and perle RNF/GEO and we'd have a great exodus again.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-22 13:47:33  
I'm very happy with the fact that they're implementing a curve for gear and content. It lets us have bigger jumps in gear to strive for in order to defeat/more efficiently defeat harder content for bigger rewards; essentially a tier system with less of a whip to the *** if you don't have the "tier" of gear required, I'd guess. Stagnating at level cap with situational gear pieces or very marginal upgrades would be boring as *** for an entire expansion.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-03-22 13:53:21  
All weapons/armor should have evolith slots. Give us a system like PUP's attachments for weapons, with 1-4 slots or so, and let us slot permanent Evoliths that aren't destroyed once removed, and don't take up inventory space. Their benefits can be small and relatively nuanced, but it'd certainly improve on the crap system they have now.

Also, I enjoyed the content of the post. Hopefully they don't *** it up.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-03-22 13:54:42  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
All weapons/armor should have evolith slots. Give us a system like PUP's attachments for weapons, with 1-4 slots or so, and let us slot permanent Evoliths that aren't destroyed once removed, and don't take up inventory space. Their benefits can be small and relatively nuanced, but it'd certainly improve on the crap system they have now.

even on R/E/M would be nice
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-22 13:57:44  
Remember there's a last ?? on the website and it's not Mog Resort! What could it be!
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-03-22 13:59:33  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »

Materia!!!!
By Shogunazzazzin 2013-03-22 14:00:10  
I missed the talks about FISHING updates, anyone knows whats the plan?
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-03-22 14:00:11  
I don't even remember what "Mog Garden" is.
By Enuyasha 2013-03-22 14:01:33  
Remember there's a last ?? on the website and it's not Mog Resort! What could it be!
AF/Relic/Empyrean sets prolly...or new "Legendaries"
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-22 14:02:23  
Enuyasha said: »
or new "Legendaries"
Hot.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-03-22 14:08:46  
Do. NOT. Add. Evolith. Adjustments.

It is a terrible system. It is annoying to use. It is frustrating to camp for lame Evoliths. There is not a single enjoyable aspect aside from (potentially) the finished product.

I will be very upset if they implement that shitfest of an excuse for armor modification into a required method for making high-end gear.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-22 14:09:40  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'm very happy with the fact that they're implementing a curve for gear and content. It lets us have bigger jumps in gear to strive for in order to defeat/more efficiently defeat harder content for bigger rewards; essentially a tier system with less of a whip to the *** if you don't have the "tier" of gear required, I'd guess. Stagnating at level cap with situational gear pieces or very marginal upgrades would be boring as *** for an entire expansion.
This so much. I like progression, I like hard/strategic content and I'd like my gear to mean something other than simply kill X 10 seconds faster. While I'm pretty happy with my gear overall, I'm interested in some nice vertical progression.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-22 14:10:45  
My only issue is that I probably won't be able to engage in any of the new endgame content ;; timezones suck.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-22 14:12:34  
I was looking forward to play as a monster way more than the expansion.

balls.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-22 14:18:24  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Do. NOT. Add. Evolith. Adjustments.

It is a terrible system. It is annoying to use. It is frustrating to camp for lame Evoliths. There is not a single enjoyable aspect aside from (potentially) the finished product.

I will be very upset if they implement that shitfest of an excuse for armor modification into a required method for making high-end gear.
The idea has potential, back when it was released it looked like it was going to be "augmenting" but with choice and I was quite excited for it. But the limits on the system was what killed it. You had certain slot types and requirements that basically let you do nothing useful even if you had a "Good" evolith. But most of all, it was what you could put slots on that was the issue. You couldn't put evoliths in anything decent. Again, I like the concept of customizing gear to make it better for situations or just better for it's specific purpose but I can't say I trust SE to do it right. The overhaul would have to be massive and basically scrap half the requirements and dumb ***. But if done right, it could be amazing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4