[Dev] Matsui: To All Adventurers And Pioneers!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » [Dev] Matsui: To all adventurers and pioneers!
[Dev] Matsui: To all adventurers and pioneers!
 Lye
By Lye 2013-03-22 16:30:27  
I read that and didn't get anything out of it.

Is it just the translation or does Matsui use too many words to say far too little?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-22 16:30:51  
All these people complaining about getting an expansion...gtfo my game.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-22 16:32:52  
I don't get it, I play on ps3!

:P
 Shiva.Alistaire
サーバ: Shiva
user: Alistaire
By Shiva.Alistaire 2013-03-22 16:33:28  
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
No new spells for old jobs.

Where did they say this?
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-03-22 16:36:53  
Shiva.Alistaire said: »
No new spells for old jobs.
Where did they say this?

Did you watch the PAX speech today on all Final fantasy games at the convention?

That guy said many things that we were getting but nothing about what I posted.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-22 16:43:45  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
Part of the joke about Cait Sith and Atomos is that it's been SO LONG since they mentioned adding them /and/ the battle data for their dats has been in the game for years. (Atomos' battle form and Cait Sith's battle forms show up in a mission at a certain point in WotG).

So they /have/ the dats for them. They just can't be bothered to actually implement them. It would be one thing if the dats were only set for cutscenes, but they have all their animations for using spells and TP moves. I know more goes into it and they just can't give a scroll for us to use to learn the spell, but still. Their lack of prioritizing things they talk about seems to get brushed under the rug every time they get a new idea they want to talk about. ...and none of any of it ever gets made into live content except for nerfs.

Anyhoo, I'm not really butt-hurt about it. I just can't fathom what their director is thinking.

Edit Despite being let down, and the fact that we'll be waiting months or even years for everything they mention to be developed and made playable content on the actual (not test) servers, I'll still happily buy it and enjoy it. It's great that they still are rolling out new content, even if it feels like they have a misguided out-of-touch-with-their-playerbase skeleton crew on the development end.

.dats are one thing, but they need to think about how said avatar will be implemented, as well as giving them stuff the fights in WoTG didn't have. Caith Sith would literally never be used outside of the first week or so, if it only had 6 BPs. Caith Sith didn't have a single "ward" during the WoTG fight, so yeah... There is much more to implementation other than simple .dats. Also as I've said in other threads, bigger fish to fry, etc etc.
 Sylph.Agentblade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2013-03-22 16:47:14  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
^This..... Everyone who has played this game for years knows what SE is all about. Time to accept it and move forward or gtfo!
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-03-22 17:17:19  
SE knows the limits of their own game, and they will give us whatever they can, whenever they feel like it.

There is no point in complaining and whining. The best thing you can do is leave something smart and constructive on their forums, and hope it gets rated up a lot. Even then, it depends what you are suggesting. If it is something exceptionally difficult to implement, then all they can do is look into it and see if its possible. They are only human like us, and things may get pushed to the wayside, they do have to sleep as well you know.

People have been saying for years that this game was going to die, but this expansion just shows it has many years to go. SE continues to encourage retired players to come back, and they encourage newer players by offering them extra support and making the grinding of EXP a million times easier to what it used to be.

There are so many things that can be changed, but just like anything in life, if you change something too much in a short amount of time, big problems will probably happen, and this will make the game worse overall. The game is over ten years old and has limitations, just be happy that we will have new areas to explore. I get my first relic weapon this Sunday, and to explore the new zones with my new weapon will be extrenely enjoyable.

Also this is not WoW. You can't compare that game to FFXI, they are two completely different games made by two completely different companies. We already had level increases from 75 to 99 in small increments over the last couple of years, and level 99 is the natural top level for any Final Fantasy game..

So lighten up people :) Its just a game.
By nyheen 2013-03-22 17:25:48  
it funny. they releasing a new damn exp pack and you guys complaining? wtf. bet you guys was complaining about CoP when was getting ready to come out
 Garuda.Finuve
サーバ: Garuda
user: Finuve
By Garuda.Finuve 2013-03-22 17:34:15  
this all sounds pretty great to me, other than the whole "Content Level" business. Just sounds like the whole gear score style progression that all other MMOs have used and has always been lame.

I like the current progression AF3 from Abyssea > VW = NNI = NeiEin = NeoLimbus > Legion

I dont want to see the branching out we can do ruined for a linear path

as long as they don't screw that up, this expac sounds great
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-03-22 17:49:08  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I don't play enough to really be considered elitist anymore, but I'd like to think I'm in the next tier of player down from the 18-hour-a-day full-timers. I hold down a full-time job while continuing to keep my main two jobs as up to snuff as can be expected.

Having to go back to camping individual NMs to get evoliths for marginal side-grades would be back-breaking for me. And the system was pretty lame in the first place.

I hear what you're saying, I just highly doubt SE could manage to not totally screw the pooch on making it a decent system.

1. Sellable evoliths. (make em all AHable and some craftable.)
2. Streamline the sockets. (i.e by armor type)
3. Add set bonuses for wearing X number of evoliths to make them worth using.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-03-22 17:53:26  
Evoliths on Magian Weapons would be pretty cool if they did that. WS damage on STR Thokcha, or +Attack, etc.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-03-22 18:42:53  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

nyheen said: »
it funny. they releasing a new damn exp pack and you guys complaining? wtf. bet you guys was complaining about CoP when was getting ready to come out

Honestly, people will find something to complain about no matter how awesome something is. It's kind of something that happens on internet forums. Like I said, I'm happy they are still trying to add new content. I guess if I had a complaint, it wouldn't be that there is a new expansion. My complaint would be that I'd prefer if they actually got around to completing some of the things they said that they had in development.

This image has been around for years. I think it came from the time when people started to notice that SE was all about saying they were going to add something and then waiting like 4~6 billing cycles before it ever came to be.

Actually... that gives me an idea. I'll update it for 2013.

...and since I don;t have anywhere to stick this, I'll just put it here.
[+]
 Sylph.Organic
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-22 20:01:04  
There is a fine distinction between just pissing / moaning and having honest concerns. Its not like i personally think that this is expansion is gonna be bad, it just looks like the new expansion is gonna be underwhelming at the release. Its been...like 5 years since WotG? You would think they would've taken what people complained about that, few missions and not much added content, and built upon that. GRANTED, the expansion has not been released, so all of my pre-emptive concerns could be rendered moot.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-03-22 20:10:09  
Sylph.Organic said: »
There is a fine distinction between just pissing / moaning and having honest concerns. Its not like i personally think that this is expansion is gonna be bad, it just looks like the new expansion is gonna be underwhelming at the release. Its been...like 5 years since WotG? You would think they would've taken what people complained about that, few missions and not much added content, and built upon that. GRANTED, the expansion has not been released, so all of my pre-emptive concerns could be rendered moot.

Which is the point.

Save the complaints until a proper exploration of the expansion has been done. I don't really care if something like Moogle Resort or PaaM isn't done for Seekers launch but if the new xpac looks like WOTG at launch then I'd presume the worse.
 Sylph.Organic
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-03-22 20:14:22  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Sylph.Organic said: »

Which is the point.

Save the complaints until a proper exploration of the expansion has been done. I don't really care if something like Moogle Resort or PaaM isn't done for Seekers launch but if the new xpac looks like WOTG at launch then I'd presume the worse.

yes, all true...but responding to what the producer said, i don't think its unreasonable for anyone to voice their concerns at this time. Obviously, once we have more information to go on in a couple days this is all gonna change. Then the proper bitching can really get going :)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-22 20:18:00  
If people convince themselves that they'll be disappointed then they'll inevitably be disappointed no matter what.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-22 20:32:32  
Cait Sith is probably taking so long because they want to actually make the new avatars useful, but SMN is such a terrible job that it's hard to make anything they have useful.
[+]
By Tsol 2013-03-22 20:36:13  
I have to agree with you on this one Pleebo. Some people would just rather focus on what we're NOT getting rather that what we are. I've been around the game for over 10 years and I should know by now how SE implements things. The gradually add new content, address any issues and give the player base a chance to ease into instead of all at once. Sure it hasn't always been smooth but SE has taken a lot of steps to change that.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-03-22 20:37:10  
Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Evoliths on Magian Weapons would be pretty cool if they did that. WS damage on STR Thokcha, or +Attack, etc.
that would be pretty terrible because this game already has way too much mindless worshipping of stacking att/str.

I'd actually prefer them to make other stat modifiers stronger and remake evoliths into a materia type system (so i have something to spent xp/merit points on leveling up)
Would rather see socketed materia that adds a -weapon/-%ws damage but adds OaT/Oa2-3/Endrain, or other things where there is a positive/negative tradeoff.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-22 20:42:32  
They should add a job trait to PUP/DNC/BRD that grant an fSTR-like bonus to melee attacks based on CHR!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-22 20:50:14  
You have quite the oral fixation regarding Mr. Matsui.
[+]
 Phoenix.Greenmoon
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Greenmoon
By Phoenix.Greenmoon 2013-03-22 21:22:46  
Someone needs to step away from the PC and take a little break.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bedrin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bedrin
By Bismarck.Bedrin 2013-03-22 21:32:27  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-22 21:45:09  
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You have quite the oral fixation regarding Mr. Matsui.
He's been flapping his lips for too long making the promise regarding unlocking MH furniture storage. He should use that mouth for something more constructive, just sayin'.

Please, just stop. thanks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-22 21:58:50  
If they keep consistent with their new update schedule per 1-2 months or so and make sure to add some story content each time it won't be as bad as WOTG where there was a drought of story content for 3-6 months at a time.

He's talking about job balance in that post, but it'd be nice if they decided to talk a little bit about what their actual vision for each job is and what they plan to do about it. Them always wanting to be so vague about job updates always leads me to think they actually have no clue at all of what they're doing and just add random stuff they think will benefit the job but then only does half the time.

Evolith system mite b cool if they decide to make the cool Evoliths come from quests/treasure chests instead of hunts. The problem with hunts was that you needed to camp low level NMs to get access to the good evoliths and that's just tedious. At least with quests/treasure chests you'd be doing level-appropriate content. If they insist on pushing the hunts they need to have ways of gaining Scyld quickly without needing to go back to town each time.

Quote:
That's half the problem with XI.... they don't even finish half the stupid ***they start to put into effect. Brainstorm > develop > encorporate > release..... Not *** "have an errant though > stick haphazardly into an update > blame that for never finishing content of worth.

Yeah, pretty much this. There's so much content that I don't understand why they never went back to fix. Of course, I'd prefer if they'd fix the core combat problems as they have been but there's so many events in this game that could be revived:

Garrison
Pankration
Chocobo Racing
ANNM
Fay Weapons
MMM

Just strikes me as kinda dumb they have system like these that were pushed as being major updates, and clearly were intended to be expanded upon further (Like MMM and Pankration), but they just decided to leave it undone for whatever reason.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-03-22 22:16:16  
MMM became Meeble Burrows for whatever reason.

I don't see why they abandoned a perfectly good system of "choose your own adventure" and turned it into a 20hr/day wallfest when the original event had so much potential.

I'm convinced its a case of one person designing something (like MMM) and then another person not wanting to muck with it so they simply create a new system rather than improve upon the previous.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-22 22:26:03  
That's possible, I think someone mentioned before that at this point it wouldn't be surprising if the entire coding team, or at least the majority of them, have turned over so none of the original members remain, which would also be why it takes so inexplicably long for them to implement changes that you'd think would be simple (like rental house storage) and would also explain a bit of why old events are abandoned.