users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Adoulin GK with 140 DMG
New Adoulin GK with 140 DMG
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2013-03-27 01:14:09  
So I saw this pic online and noticed the new GK called 水神切兼光 (Suijingiri Kanemitsu). According to the pic it has 140 base damage, 450 delay, STR +8, water resistance +20 and Enhances "Skillchain Bonus" effect.

I don't know how hard or easy this GK will be to get but the fact is, it has 8 more base damage then Lv99 Amano and Masa. Sure it doesn't have any Aftermath and such but still I'm somewhat surprised to see something like this.

I knew Adoulin would bring more powerful gears but I didn't think the base damage of Lv99 empy/relic/mythic would be so easily surpassed. There'll probably be similar cases with other weapons too I'd imagine. What do you guys think? Are you okay with weapons that have higher base damages then weapons it took you significant time and effort to obtain?

P.S.: On a side note, in that same pic I notice a guy in a blue hooded robe that looks a lot like the Geomancer outfit from FF3, so I'm hoping that's the Geomancer empyrean armor because I'm not a big fan of the Geomancer AF sadly.
 Bismarck.Amearth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Amearth
By Bismarck.Amearth 2013-03-27 01:33:24  
Who is to say that this weapon doesn't take 30,000 pieces of Odinrite and 20 different quests to obtain till we know how you get it they are just numbers, if they drop like candy from a mob then yeah i think people will be upset.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-03-27 01:34:41  
Could be a story line reward or something.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-27 01:35:43  
Bismarck.Amearth said: »
Who is to say that this weapon doesn't take 30,000 pieces of Odinrite and 20 different quests to obtain till we know how you get it they are just numbers, if they drop like candy from a mob then yeah i think people will be upset.

It's a drop from the Naakuals.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 01:37:03  
I heard it was WS dmg+ on the GK. Was that a mistranslation? It looks like it might be a sick GK honestly. I hope the h2h is just as stellar.
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-03-27 01:37:11  
Everything is gonna get crapped on. There are pieces of new campaign gear that beat HQ hexed for some slots.....and the gear is only going to get stronger.

Looks like i picked the wrong week to finish farming 300 salvage papers.....
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-27 01:37:28  
shouldn't be upset to begin with since 8D isn't displacing r/m/e anyway on top of matsui saying that he's planning to keep r/m/e relevant

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 01:39:00  
Siren.Barber said: »
Everything is gonna get crapped on. There are pieces of new campaign gear that beat HQ hexed for some slots.....and the gear is only going to get stronger.

What? What pieces beat HQ hexed?
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2013-03-27 01:45:22  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
I heard it was WS dmg+ on the GK. Was that a mistranslation? It looks like it might be a sick GK honestly. I hope the h2h is just as stellar.

Well my Japanese is not the best but what I did to make sure was I went and looked up the Charis Bangles +2 on ffxiah, which I know have the Enhances "Skillchain Bonus" Effect, and then i just hit the JP link and looked at the translation and it was exactly the same so I'm pretty sure I got it right.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 01:48:00  
well if it was WS dmg it MIGHT have been a better GK for shoha spam only, but since it's SC bonus, I would say it's a definite no then. DPS is gonna be better on r/e/m. It looks neat though, as do some of those other weapons :D
 Siren.Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-03-27 01:50:22  

I looked first at monk and bard because thats what I play the most. right off the bat the new aurore/campaign head beats khepri for victory smite. Wars are talking about two of the pieces as best for upheaval (although I know nothing about war). The brd body could render marduk +1 worthless and the pants may be best for precast too. Either war or sam was talking about nyzul pants going bye bye.

My main point (or worry or excitement) is that if the new casual gear is beating hexed/nyzul/salvage gear in some slots......what will the gear from aldouins endgame do? I feels like a reset and nothing outside of ochain/daurdabla is safe from being relegated to second best in slot. Tomorrow will be a fun day.
 Cerberus.Meatster
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2013-03-27 01:51:39  
Who cares what happens to E/R/M as long as they nerf that dam twilight scythe.

I cant wait to farm 30000 heavy metal runes for archukon!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-27 01:55:36  
Who wants yet another content release full of minor upgrades/side-grades? Boooooooooooring...
[+]
 Siren.Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-03-27 01:58:29  
Oh I certainly dont mind. The only thing left on my once full to do list was 4 more tutelary papers and 6 more ritualistic papers. Thats from everything the game had to offer. So I was pretty bored. But if you obsolete things that take someone a couple years to acquire there will be some pushback.

Plus if all the old content is outdated the new areas are going to be mega crowded.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-27 02:07:48  
Their new tiered content philosophy probably means that your current shinies will allow you to progress further and quicker than the rest of the FF11 rabble. If there isn't some sense of progression with the new expansion, than really what is the point? People are gonna complain anyway, but the people that want the newest and bestest gear (i.e. most everybody) will do the new content and hopefully enjoy it.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-27 02:15:21  

I looked first at monk and bard because thats what I play the most. right off the bat the new aurore/campaign head beats khepri for victory smite. Wars are talking about two of the pieces as best for upheaval (although I know nothing about war). The brd body could render marduk +1 worthless and the pants may be best for precast too. Either war or sam was talking about nyzul pants going bye bye.

My main point (or worry or excitement) is that if the new casual gear is beating hexed/nyzul/salvage gear in some slots......what will the gear from aldouins endgame do? I feels like a reset and nothing outside of ochain/daurdabla is safe from being relegated to second best in slot. Tomorrow will be a fun day.

I don't see how that body is anything close to Marduk+1. Marduk has 11% FC and refresh not to mention set effect. The chapeau you're right, by a whopping 1 str/dex... But nobody knows how hard this stuff will be to get anyways.
 Siren.Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-03-27 02:16:59  
I just meant as a standing refresh piece. Marduk body isn't being used for any other reason other than fc set which you need the gloves for as well (and you can get 80% without them so they aren't neccessary)

Edit: assuming its +2 of course.
Edit 2: I'm guessing the head will be easier to get than coming up with 100M. True, that is an assumption, but a safe one.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-03-27 02:20:24  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Their new tiered content philosophy probably means that your current shinies will allow you to progress further and quicker than the rest of the FF11 rabble. If there isn't some sense of progression with the new expansion, than really what is the point?

The point is that two the few things that set FFXI apart from the current crop of gear-treadmill shiny MMOs are breadth of content and durability of gear.

FFXI is one of the very few games where your ebody from 2004 is best-in-slot in 2013, and they did it in a way that keeps old content attractive while introducing new content.

Because players have an incentive to do most of the content in the game, as opposed to games where only the latest expansion pack is useful at all, FFXI is able to offer far more to do than, say, Tera or SWTOR.

If this expansion obsoletes all previous content, and adjustments aren't made to old content, FFXI loses what is arguably its greatest attraction.

If FFXI embarks upon the generic grindy MMO content-treadmill model, well, there's an endless list of current-gen MMOs that do the same thing much better. At that point, it's just another MMO, except with decade-old graphics and an archaic battle system.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-03-27 02:25:32  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
shouldn't be upset to begin with since 8D isn't displacing r/m/e anyway on top of matsui saying that he's planning to keep r/m/e relevant

Matsui said: »
We are not planning to enhance relic, mythic, or empyrean weapons via Trial of the Magians or through other methods.

However, in regards to these weapons that you have enhanced up to level 99, we are formulating plans so that they do not go to waste.

"They won't go to waste" falls a bit short of a ringing endorsement.
 Fenrir.Camiie
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-03-27 12:46:43  
It seems like it's going to go the way of WoW where that Legendary you just made from the fangs of Deathwing the world-eating dragon is inferior to some nobody panda-man's pocketknife.
[+]