That is a really bad idea SE -_-
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-08-13 22:55:47  
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-14 10:47:40  

"It's a general contrast check. As you can see, on the left side it's all neutral contrast, that's how it should be. But on the right side, the FFXV poster image is significantly different in contrast. It's much darker (in which it appears lighter here), while the white paper under is is still black like on the left side. This is a general sign for photoshopping as someone had to increase the darkness of the replicated image to match the darker shade on the right."

possible photoshop to spread a fake rumor, we'll see what SE says
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-14 10:55:55  
damn it all we got to wait a few more months, final fantasy 15 is being pushed back to release November 29th now from the original september 30th date
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-14 11:00:55  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
damn it all we got to wait a few more months, final fantasy 15 is being pushed back to release November 29th now from the original september 30th date
I have my doubts now, a lot of people are digging and breaking the image apart and the majority of people believe it is a fake / photoshoped poster.

A lot of people around the US who work for GameStop have posted that they do not have any marketing material or sticker, and that all plans are still aimed at it coming out it's original release date.

Sounds like Gamnesia wanted some views and clicks, and dang did they get them.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-14 11:10:20  
hopefully its not pushed backed then, september is coming up fast fingers crossed
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-14 19:35:48  
I walked into Gamestop today and they told me it was still on track for Sept 30 and their posters hadn't been changed. I pressed them a bit and they wouldn't give me anything else, but I come home to see this and I hope it ends up being fake.

I also see SE has not announced anything as of now. So, hopefully, its a sham. It makes no sense to delay this game until the end of November unless they absolutely have to because it needs more polish. But from a marketing standpoint, they are releasing right now ahead of the holiday season, ahead of the annual top selling games. To release after those heavy hitters is not a recipe for success. It just doesn't work. So as long as the game is good to go, they should stay on track for Sept. 30th.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-15 06:29:33  
Final Fantasy XV Game Delayed to November 29
The official YouTube channel for Square Enix's Final Fantasy XV PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game posted a video message on Monday from director Hajime Tabata announcing that Square Enix is delaying the game from September 30 to November 29. (Note: the video below has an English-subtitle option.)

YouTube Video Placeholder

Tabata mentioned that his team finished the game's Master Version the other day. Square Enix will additionally release an approximately 30-minute video on August 16 featuring the English edition of the Master Version of the game. The video will be playable at Gamescom, and will be from the very start of the game.

Tabata explained, "Our objective with [Final Fantasy XV] was to deliver a Final Fantasy of the highest possible quality, to every single person who buys the game. We have completed the Master Version, but when it comes to that highest possible quality, we felt that we had not quite reached this standard yet." Tabata added that his team is creating a day-one patch for the game, but stated he knows not everyone can access this patch since it requires an Internet connection. He decided therefore that "it might be a mistake just to deliver the Master Version we have finished to everyone," and said he and his team would "wind up regretting it" releasing the game with the current Master Version.

The physical version of the game that will go on sale worldwide on November 29 will feature everything that was scheduled to be included in the day-one patch, "as well as some extra things on top of that." Tabata said that for those who do have an Internet connection, he is "thinking about bringing ... even further patches and DLC in the future."

Square Enix had announced on Thursday that the game will have six DLC available, and those who purchase the digital premium edition of the game that comes with a Season Pass for all six DLC will also get other extras. The extras differ depending on the console.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-08-15 10:31:06  
PS4 Neo 2016 release confirmed >.> Jk
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-15 11:51:43  
Definitely another letdown, certainly doesn't make any sense to release the Tuesday after Black Friday weekend. One step forward two steps back, as usual for SE.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-08-15 12:48:46  
one month push back isnt that much of an issue.
if they iron out the few details, worth the wait.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-15 12:53:19  
It's 2 months
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-08-15 12:57:30  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Definitely another letdown, certainly doesn't make any sense to release the Tuesday after Black Friday weekend. One step forward two steps back, as usual for SE.
I've waited forever for this game. I can wait another two months if it means we don't get a broken poorly optimized mess like every Bethesda game is on release.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-15 13:01:04  
I don't mind waiting 2 more months, maybe the PS4 will have another price drop before I get one for 15. I bought a PS3 for Versus XIII, I can wait a bit more to buy a PS4 for 15 lol
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-15 13:10:37  
This delay is really no big deal for anyone who wants to play it because it just means there are less chances of bugs or other broken things(and in 10 years who cares about 2 months lol).

It's just really bad for publicity. SE has alreayd always had a reputation of releasing everything much later than announced, plus this game has been in development for a decade, and if you add that critics are not exactly nice with them lately...I don't know if it causes them any financial loss, but it certainly doesn't help their image.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-15 13:31:25  
Personally I don't understand how a 2 month delay can make someone not want to buy it even if they were interested before. It's not a long time and it's to improve the game and add content to the disc

It just never bothered me if a game (any game) was delayed a little more (though I'm quite patient, I've been waiting since it was announced)

But this would go for a game with a normal development time as well. If it's for the best, it's not a big deal to me.

It doesn't look good for the company though, they really need to get 16 out much faster or their reputation will tank even more. And it better *** be a medieval one because I'm a little tired of the high tech stuff
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-16 05:07:17  
Sylph.Cherche said: »
I've waited forever for this game. I can wait another two months if it means we don't get a broken poorly optimized mess like every Bethesda game is on release.
I don't really know how much more they'll update. The reason for the delay is to have the gold copy sent out with the day 1 update already on the disk.

That's to make sure people who have horrible internet don't have to wait 2+ more hours just to install what they made out to be a very large day 1 patch.

Now I'm sure they'll do some things with the main game during those two months, but they more likely are putting their resources in their 6 DLC if not future ones.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-16 06:04:31  
Sylph.Cherche said: »
PS3 players had to wait a little over a year for Skyrim DLC and it came out with glitches so... hope that SE aren't just focusing on looks.
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2016-08-16 06:09:24  
I can just imagine the outrage and trolling the game would get if the day 1 patch they had planned was so huge that people with bad connections would have to wait days just to play.

"Worst game launch ever"

"Figures, a game in dev for 10 years was obviously gonna be a disaster"

"What a mess, SE is so incompetent. Game is out and people can't even play it"

It was the right call to delay I think.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-16 06:28:19  
I agree, it needed to be delayed to make sure that people who needed to get it on disk and had unreliable internet could play it the moment they get their hands on it.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-08-16 06:41:37  
Well... this gives me more time to camp out the local used electronics store. I've been told they sell PS4s as low as $70 when they come in... Japan isn't big on used things. But I am! Mweheheh.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-16 08:05:10  
Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
PS4 Neo 2016 release confirmed >.> Jk

It could happen. They are having an announcement in September.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-16 13:23:54  
 Lye
By Lye 2016-08-17 11:07:04  
I'm grateful that he made an address himself.

I'm puzzled, however, that the NA reaction to:
Quote:
We have completed the Master Version, but when it comes to that highest possible quality, we felt that we had not quite reached this standard yet."

seems to be:
Quote:
it just means there are less chances of bugs or other broken things

The impression I'm getting from Japanese media and friends is that Tabata is hesitant to pull the trigger because of his laudable ambitions. Understandably so if you set out to create FFXV as an unparalleled experience reuniting players with "Final Fantasy."

Then again, is it any surprise that NA "game journalists" go-to is inductive reasoning over deductive reasoning?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-18 14:30:01  
This one talks about the game (the ascension grid for example) but without any story spoilers

Talks about making magic, leveling up skills, dialogue options etc

It's only 15 mins, quite a good watch
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-08-18 14:37:28  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
This one talks about the game (the ascension grid for example) but without any story spoilers

Talks about making magic, leveling up skills, dialogue options etc

It's only 15 mins, quite a good watch
Good, I needed something like that. I'm way more interested in the battle mechanics and character progression system than the story and setting.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-08-18 16:07:14  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
This delay is really no big deal for anyone who wants to play it because it just means there are less chances of bugs or other broken things(and in 10 years who cares about 2 months lol).

It's just really bad for publicity. SE has alreayd always had a reputation of releasing everything much later than announced, plus this game has been in development for a decade, and if you add that critics are not exactly nice with them lately...I don't know if it causes them any financial loss, but it certainly doesn't help their image.
They're fine.

They aren't getting any backlash in Japan which is actually their main concern. Regarding the West, it won't affect the sales whether it's in NA or in EU. I doubt the game will be out of stock anytime soon but it's not a bad idea if they print more copies. They're not Nintendo, after all.

They're fine, really. Delaying a game is always better than releasing something bad, which has been the industry's habit more than ever lately. They know they can't *** up because Eidos's games aren't supporting the company properly, so they have to make sure everything is above average.

Also, delaying the game like that actually ensures that it will hit the Christmas period "properly", unlike the previous release date. There really is nothing to fear for them, it'll be the game of Christmas 2016 most likely.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-18 20:12:12  
.-.;

jeez. comes out tomorrow. People calling it "a really long cutscene"
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-08-18 20:21:34  
I mean, are the expecting a movie to be a video game?
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 54 55 56