user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-26 11:13:13  
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-26 12:16:46  
wow wtf, google knows I'm hungry, getting hot dog ads.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-26 12:20:15  
HA! I think it would be hilarious if the mods kept RP&R down for the holiday!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-26 12:22:56  
'bout *** time Bananna!

The part about bypassing the censor wasn't unclear it was the whinning about repercussions of ones posting behavior. It's called SNARKS.

Also you're not supposed to make people happy. Unless its an ending cause everyone wants happy endings.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-26 12:23:00  
I think the 'random' P&R was a stupid idea from the start. conversations don't break down as quickly into partisan bitching when there is a specific topic on the table.

/shrug

whatever.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-26 12:25:00  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
everyone wants happy endings
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-26 12:25:13  
Siren.Mosin said: »
I think the 'random' P&R was a stupid idea from the start. conversations don't break down as quickly into partisan bitching when there is a specific topic on the table.

/shrug

whatever.

Eh. It was a good way at first to stop the random small stories that didn't really need their own thread from dominating the main page, but the same handful of people can't stop from dragging it down, and some others of us apparently can't manage to simply not engage them sometimes.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-26 12:25:46  
Also you're not supposed to make people happy.

so much this. any position of any authority is much better suited keeping end goals in mind rather than people's happiness. this is where the baby boomer generation went wrong in their parenting. a father shouldn't be your *** homie, he should be the voice of good decisions that lead to a constructive future.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-26 12:28:55  

/shrug

whatever.

I can't remember exactly what the purpose for its conception was. I think it was partly to keep P&R threads from overrunning the threads that are XI/other games related. It's understandable.

EDIT: Ramy beat me to it.

I remember at one point someone was posting the most macabre random articles on a very regular basis. Dad kills his entire family, woman kills a bunch of babies she gave birth to and buries them in her yard, somebody kills someone, etc. WTF was going on in that person's head?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-26 12:37:09  
It came about because of all the random threads KN started and would try to wield OP topic ban requests on people he didn't like. Then Anna or Aelius said just make one thread to cover everything. The KN jumped on that made the thread eventually got topic banned from his own thread for frivolous op topic ban requests and harassing people he got banned via pm.

The good old days when I would get constant PMs from Anna because KN was reporting every other one of my posts. There was one point where Cat, Dog and Girlboy just took turns for a month cause the reporting was so rampant.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-26 12:43:23  
ugh. I'm going to go eat something so I have more energy fo hustlin.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-26 12:54:03  

so much this. any position of any authority is much better suited keeping end goals in mind rather than people's happiness. this is where the baby boomer generation went wrong in their parenting. a father shouldn't be your *** homie, he should be the voice of good decisions that lead to a constructive future.

There's a possibility some kiddos were products of early "X"ers. Just saying...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-26 12:58:46  
All this generations nomenclature always confuses the hell out of me.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-26 13:03:09  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Well it's so hard to be accurate with it. You can define it all you want by hard-and-fast birth years, but those simply don't apply to some people.

I'm more X than millennial despite being so frequently lumped in with the latter, though have a few distinct characteristics of both.

"Protomillenial?" "Generation XY?"

Dammit, Zah. How do these conversations keep happening!? It's clearly your fault!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-05-26 13:04:50  
There is no perfect way to parent and not every kid reacts to the same stimuli the same way... While I do agree there needs to be a firm hand providing a positive guiding force it doesn't necassarily preclude you from being a friend as well as long as you have your priorities straight... In fact when you're in that type of relationship it can even make it easier for the child to share things they might not normally...
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-26 13:07:51  
Going by Pokemon titles, we should be dealing with the ORAS generation right now.
By volkom 2016-05-26 13:08:44  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

There's a possibility some kiddos were products of early "X"ers. Just saying...
My father is a baby boomer. He's definitely not my homie. Would've put me through a wall if I *** up and would give the pat on the back for a good job.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-26 13:15:07  
Ramyrez said: »

Well it's so hard to be accurate with it. You can define it all you want by hard-and-fast birth years, but those simply don't apply to some people.

I'm more X than millennial despite being so frequently lumped in with the latter, though have a few distinct characteristics of both.

Dammit, Zah. How do these conversations keep happening!? It's clearly your fault!

/frantically points at Mosin

IDK. I don't usually laugh at commercials, but the girl eating it while trying to run away with a wall-mounted, corded phone in 'The Neighbors' sequel was a good one.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-26 13:19:06  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Going by Pokemon titles, we should be dealing with the ORAS generation right now.

See? This is where I lose track of millennials.

I have no idea what the *** this means beyond a vague understanding that Pokémon grow into not-cute versions of the small ones.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-26 13:19:35  
Ramyrez said: »

/frantically points at Mosin

IDK. I don't usually laugh at commercials, but the girl eating it while trying to run away with a wall-mounted, corded phone in 'The Neighbors' sequel was a good one.
Damn old people phones!

Kinda odd that I'm old enough to remember corded phones...hell, I remember having a rotary phone.
By Ramyrez 2016-05-26 13:20:46  
hell, I remember having a rotary phone.

You're from the sticks.

Your grandma probably still has a rotary phone in her house, if she's alive.

I know mine does.

I mean, she doesn't use it but she also won't get rid of it, just in case the new digital one breaks down.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-26 13:28:00  
I'm a proud owner of a cellphone that doesn't even have colours.
Dat orange screen!
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-26 13:30:14  
I want one of these! It's like a lawnmower that tears ***like bushes and small trees up.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-05-26 13:32:01  

/shrug

whatever.

I've had a lot of bad ideas over the years.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-26 13:32:24  
I'm a proud owner of a cellphone that doesn't even have colours.
Dat orange screen!

I actually kind of miss pre-smartphone cell phones. They weren't half as useful but they had character. Every smartphone looks more or less the same.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-26 13:32:48  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
You can enjoy something while still being critical of it.
spoken like a true frenchmen! /gloveslap /demands satisfaction
It's like if your friends are doing something dumb, you're gonna say something cuz you genuinely want them to be better than that. I don't care about those music festivals though.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-26 13:34:01  
I want one of these! It's like a lawnmower that tears ***like bushes and small trees up.

It's like a weed eater that won't lose when it goes up against a tree stump the way mine does.

Or, put in positive light, it wins much faster than mine does.

Shaving a sixteenth of an inch off the stump every week before advancing the line and moving on is the slowest way to pull out a stump ever.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-05-26 13:35:01  

/shrug

whatever.

I can't remember exactly what the purpose for its conception was. I think it was partly to keep P&R threads from overrunning the threads that are XI/other games related. It's understandable.

EDIT: Ramy beat me to it.

I remember at one point someone was posting the most macabre random articles on a very regular basis. Dad kills his entire family, woman kills a bunch of babies she gave birth to and buries them in her yard, somebody kills someone, etc. WTF was going on in that person's head?

The reason I suggested it initially was because there was a rash of people making new threads then requesting topic bans for people who disagreed with them. So then a user created the random thread and did the same thing. Hindsight, chickens and eggs, etc.

I'M SORRY OK!!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-26 13:35:52  
Jassik said: »
I'M SORRY OK!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17975 17976 17977 ... 18549 18550 18551