Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 153 154 155
By Bamboom 2017-07-13 11:37:46  
119 Masamune has pretty low dmg compared to other GKT and not as much of a str boost as v3 Masamune. This is probably the biggest factor

Also when shooting for WSDmg, don't forget about str. I ended up using taupe stones for Str+15 and ws dmg +3-4
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-07-13 11:40:37  
Brynach said: »
What level is this gkt? Is it 119-3? What is your trust setup when soloing?
Masa is 119 no AG.
I use rdm brd cor trusts for buffs

Bamboom said: »
119 Masamune has pretty low dmg compared to other GKT and not as much of a str boost as v3 Masamune. This is probably the biggest factor

Also when shooting for WSDmg, don't forget about str. I ended up using taupe stones for Str+15 and ws dmg +3-4
Yea. I have been unbelievable unlucky when it comes to those augments. I have still yet on any of my reis gear to get STR with any WSD and I have tried.... a lot.. :(
By Bamboom 2017-07-14 15:54:17  
For Masa am3 purposes would a crit + 10 cape be worthwhile while AM is up(to be used along with ken gear which has a ton of crit +)? Sounds reasonable in theory to max damage when the triple damage procs but DA + 10 sounds amazing too...
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-07-14 16:07:17  
I may be wrong but if I am not mistaken triple proc damage doesn't necessarily mean its a critical hit so the double attack would be better overall dps. but again I might be wrong, I am getting up there and my brain ain't what it used to be. :)
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-07-14 17:30:21  
Sylph.Darkside said: »
Curious if this is just me. So I tend to solo a lot and I am not overly impressed with my Fudo damage. Its seems very inconsistent. When in Reisenjima killing toad/hogs/wasps I will hit for 5k - 15k. Its pretty much all over the board. 1k tp is 5k-10k, 2k tp is like 5k -11k, and full 3k tp is 7k -15k. I guess I am more used to CDC consistency as well as my reso/torc/cata/cross reaper numbers which are usually within 1-2k of the normal average.

I am still working on my WS set so I know that has a lot to do with it. But maybe I am missing something. Here is what I have currently. My Valorous pieces are both 5% wsd but not good stats otherwise. My Acro is 3% plus acc/atk. I dont have my JSE wsd back done yet either. I can get much more consistent with Berserk/Warcry/Aggressor/Ghor Bard/Geo support. I am not always in the mood to dual or tri box. I guess I just wanna hear where everyone else is at so I know what to expect once I get my set to a higher tier.
edit - Masa is 119 not AG yet.

ItemSet 352334

Gear could use some overhaul and back is important, but you are aware so not going to get into that. That being said even at 119 with posted set you should be annihilating fodder. Fudo for me even with bis gear, I still whiff. For me at least that is the only factor, hit or miss. My numbers stay consistent. Do you have vorseals etc?
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-07-14 17:53:15  
So I basically have a 0 JP SAM with cobbled together gears with the RuANN GK and just got a working lua and was soloing some faeries in Reisenjima with trusts. I noticed this same thing and couldn't for the life of my figure out what was going on. Like 11-14k at 1ktp and then I'd crap out a 5k and couldn't figure out why.

Turns out, it's a double attack proccing after a miss...and since Fudo misses so damn much (seriously - wtf? I play DRG and my 1 hitters never miss), it's actually a rather common occurence.
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-07-14 19:28:35  
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Sylph.Darkside said: »
Curious if this is just me. So I tend to solo a lot and I am not overly impressed with my Fudo damage. Its seems very inconsistent. When in Reisenjima killing toad/hogs/wasps I will hit for 5k - 15k. Its pretty much all over the board. 1k tp is 5k-10k, 2k tp is like 5k -11k, and full 3k tp is 7k -15k. I guess I am more used to CDC consistency as well as my reso/torc/cata/cross reaper numbers which are usually within 1-2k of the normal average.

I am still working on my WS set so I know that has a lot to do with it. But maybe I am missing something. Here is what I have currently. My Valorous pieces are both 5% wsd but not good stats otherwise. My Acro is 3% plus acc/atk. I dont have my JSE wsd back done yet either. I can get much more consistent with Berserk/Warcry/Aggressor/Ghor Bard/Geo support. I am not always in the mood to dual or tri box. I guess I just wanna hear where everyone else is at so I know what to expect once I get my set to a higher tier.
edit - Masa is 119 not AG yet.

ItemSet 352334

Gear could use some overhaul and back is important, but you are aware so not going to get into that. That being said even at 119 with posted set you should be annihilating fodder. Fudo for me even with bis gear, I still whiff. For me at least that is the only factor, hit or miss. My numbers stay consistent. Do you have vorseals etc?
I absolutely annihilate fodder in Escha Zi'tah and Ru'Aun 12-22k Fudos. Still a bit inconsistent but not as bad as in reisenjima

I do have a good amount of vorseals as well 5-9 in pretty close to all categories
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-14 20:19:57  
YouTube Video Placeholder

I can't be the first person to come across this, surely?

I literally stumbled across this during a CP party earlier, I was intending to hit Enpi off of Ageha but saw Jinpu doing massive damage when I accidentally hit the WS macro for it. I went back later and tested it... Jinpu is apparently broken as ***. Keep in mind this was with no GEO, no BRD, and a Trust COR.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-14 21:05:02  
That sir, is incredibly, and awesomely, broken as fug

Incoming bandwagon
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-07-14 22:11:52  

Believe it.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-07-14 22:33:51  
You aren't the first to notice, no.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-07-14 22:50:45  
That buff was meant for MNK. Give it back!
[+]
 Asura.Syto
サーバ: Asura
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-07-14 23:03:02  
^_*)y

Lets see if SE does anything about it soon or let it ride into the sunset..

I doubt they will do anything..

Express your Samurai Pride guys and enjoy the Jinpu's...
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-07-15 06:09:43  
Ruaumoko said: »
I literally stumbled across this during a CP party earlier, I was intending to hit Enpi off of Ageha but saw Jinpu doing massive damage when I accidentally hit the WS macro for it. I went back later and tested it... Jinpu is apparently broken as ***. Keep in mind this was with no GEO, no BRD, and a Trust COR.

I say this as a fan of your guides so don't think I'm bashing you in any way but....

I went out and attempted to recreate this, with a set extremely close to yours and I couldn't seem to do so reliably with quite a bit of testing, I did hit 40k twice.... but it seemed exceedingly rare.

I will say, Jinpu did seem actually to come out ahead of my Fudos on average, so it's a worthy find if nothing else, but I was definitely underwhelmed compared to my hopes after finding this, people made it seem like it was leaps and bounds ahead.

My experience was that my wses were more in the 10~20k range most of the time with the quite rare 30k or 40k spike.

The difference between our sets was negligable (though I don't know the augs on your mask as you didn't show it), I used the same trusts, same targets, and am master.

Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-07-15 07:25:04  
Asura.Selindrile said: »

I say this as a fan of your guides so don't think I'm bashing you in any way but....

I went out and attempted to recreate this, with a set extremely close to yours and I couldn't seem to do so reliably with quite a bit of testing, I did hit 40k twice.... but it seemed exceedingly rare.

I will say, Jinpu did seem actually to come out ahead of my Fudos on average, so it's a worthy find if nothing else, but I was definitely underwhelmed compared to my hopes after finding this, people made it seem like it was leaps and bounds ahead.

My experience was that my wses were more in the 10~20k range most of the time with the quite rare 30k or 40k spike.

The difference between our sets was negligable (though I don't know the augs on your mask as you didn't show it), I used the same trusts, same targets, and am master.

I went out and tested as you can see from my post, only reason I didn't question is the hands for me are the only maxed founder and I had to swap from /war to /drk to get what I got.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-07-15 08:02:13  
Well as I said I did hit 40k twice, and did average higher than Fudo which makes it significant... but, the average was certainly well under expectation, from the way it was made to sound, was all.

Perhaps subbing dark would've helped, I did legitimately miss that bit, ~5% more attack, at the cost of 10 Double Attack.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-07-15 08:09:30  
So based on the listed WS formulas, this should be impossible. A 2 hitter at 3k tp an FTP of 1 with a 30 STR mod where FTP doesn't transfer, although maybe effected by mab. Do we think it's bugged, we have the mods all wrong, or something else impacting it? Like the skillchain bonus from Aeonic AM impacting elemental damage on the weaponskill?
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-07-15 08:15:03  
I think Sele missed my point, I came close to hitting 40k once as you can see, my only maxed founder is hands. I didn't bother questioning since all gear was identical except the augs which are significant maxed and I use Wakido +3 for legs.
By Blazed1979 2017-07-15 08:16:13  
YouTube Video Placeholder

I can't be the first person to come across this, surely?

Well, many years ago we used to use Jinpu with Soboro and it produced amazing results. Just repeated your tests in this video but with my decked out brd and cor supporting. Will post some screenshots, got a few 99k Jinpu's off. Average seems to be mid 40's.
 Bismarck.Nariont
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-07-15 08:28:24  
Leviathan.Sidra said: »
So based on the listed WS formulas, this should be impossible. A 2 hitter at 3k tp an FTP of 1 with a 30 STR mod where FTP doesn't transfer, although maybe effected by mab. Do we think it's bugged, we have the mods all wrong, or something else impacting it? Like the skillchain bonus from Aeonic AM impacting elemental damage on the weaponskill?

Could always grab a GEO and toss up a -mdb bubble and see if it changes numbers, more likely speghetti code spiked the ftp or something
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-07-15 08:36:24  
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
I think Sele missed my point, I came close to hitting 40k once as you can see, my only maxed founder is hands. I didn't bother questioning since all gear was identical except the augs which are significant maxed and I use Wakido +3 for legs.

Guess I am missing it... not sure what you're trying to say.

I was saying that my gear slightly better overall as best I can tell, Founder Augs slightly higher total than his (Capped feet, Hands and Body 1 matk from cap), slightly better Ring (Regal over Shuk), and I'm master, only unknown is his valorous head augs, and my sub was War not Drk, but I didn't seem to be getting results that high with any regularity.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-07-15 08:58:19  
We are agreeing nvm
 Bismarck.Radec
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2017-07-15 10:02:44  
Thanks for this - the vast, vast majority in the 20-30k range, but a higher-than-normal TP return after a fotia proc (22xx TP, +750 bonus) gave me this gem:

84k+79k
Gear:
By Blazed1979 2017-07-15 10:11:27  
With 60 MAB:
http://imgur.com/L3UOE7r

With 60 MAB + Minuets 4/5
http://imgur.com/nJhAWkc

With Minuets 4/5
http://imgur.com/TNjf2HT

So after taking these screenshots and first tests had friend come out on his GEO and switched from Chaos rolls to Wizards.
You can expect consistent 70-99k with around 110 MAB providing you have north of 260 STR in WS set.
GEO-Malaise, Indi-Lang, Entrust Acumen, changed STR etudes to INT etudes and kept 2x Minuets.

This might be more potent than AC Zerg in terms of raw power/dps. Will test with /rdm and /blm later for that extra MAB as it seems to push dmg up exponentially more than anything else.

I hope you kept your random MAB/WSDMG augments on Valorous :)
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-07-15 10:44:30  

The occasional extremely high damage occurs when TA or QA occurs- the damage of the non-elemental strikes are summed and used as the base damage for the elemental hit.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-07-15 12:31:52  
Does this work with other weapons other than Dojikiri Yasutsuna? I can see that it has magic damage and magic accuracy on it.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-07-15 14:31:40  
Siren.Kyte said: »

The occasional extremely high damage occurs when TA or QA occurs- the damage of the non-elemental strikes are summed and used as the base damage for the elemental hit.

Oh awesome - so it's SAM's version of Ifrit's Flaming Crush.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-15 14:33:16  

That's how I thought it had worked but couldn't find the formulae on jinpu page. I'm guessing its somewhere though? Does this apply to all hybrid ws? Might this same thing be recreated on another job like ninja? They have some hybrid I believe?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-07-15 14:42:35  
Hybrids all work the same, yes, and katana does have a few hybrids (Teki, Chi, To).
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-07-15 15:20:36  
Hybrids all work the same, yes, and katana does have a few hybrids (Teki, Chi, To).

Hmmm I actually DO have some decent MAB+WSD pieces for NIN, thanks to Herculean gear for COR/RNG magical WS... time to go play with this!

Edit: messed with some Apex Raptors for a while with trusts, did not find any staggering Teki/Chi/To damage. I was using Kikoku (M.Dmg+186) with an Ochu offhand (M.Dmg+108/MAB+14), and have quite a bit of good WSD/MAB gear.

Herculean x4 (with WSD 4-5% and some MAB on each)
Samnuha Coat
Fotia neck/waist
Friomisi/Moonshade
WSD+10% cape

Also fiddled with the set to swap in some pieces with heavier multi-attack gear to get some more frequent DA/TA/QA procs and see how that affected WS. Wasn't ever getting crazy spikes.

I *DID* manage to make the elemental WS fairly strong, almost to the level of competing with NIN's usual Shun (usually best with lower buffs, Ten isn't really that great without buffs), Metsu, Hi - and the ele WS were more consistent. But no secret gamebreaking katana WS weirdness.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 153 154 155