Verified by visa/secure code
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-30 09:58:06  
Suicidekingg said:
Antipika said:
Paypal is ***for corporation, too many fees, less way secured, and cannot be controlled by SE.

LOL at last part!

I do online everything and alot of Big Companys i deal with use Paypal as preffered. Amazon, Microsoft, Blizzard, Ebay etc... Those are some of the biggest companies in world. I have only ever had 2 problems ever online businness and both times were visa double bill, 5 hr phone call later sort out.

That is why i dumped cc for online, and in general.

Interest no thanks..

Ok man, first paypal and ebay = the same holding, so you're *** stupid for saying "lol ebay use paypal". Then Microsoft, Amazon, etc... can afford to use such service because the fees are very small compared to the amount of money spent on these website everyday.

Now for SE, what do you *** spend ? $13 a month ? For what ? 100K subscribers at best ? (Japan barely use PP FYI). That's just stupid.

Paypal is ***, not secured for seller, too many chargeback/fraud issue unless verified account, payment ain't really "instant" and again SE cannot control it.
 Cerberus.Hulkamania
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hulkamania 2009-07-30 13:51:52  
well the good news is bro.com has visa cause there still spaming the hell out of people and the zero efforts by SE to allow us all to play without the continued spams makes you wonder do they really give a flying fook about there customer base!
 Hades.Pyrexia
サーバ: Hades
user: Pyrexia
By Hades.Pyrexia 2009-08-01 08:53:57  
I can verify that changing your exp date counts you as new. I got a new card from my bank last month, changed the date, and guess who can't play today?

That's this girl.

EDIT: Oh but hey guess what, they were still able to charge me for Kupo D'tat.
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-08-01 10:36:02  
maybe I shouldn't have started a new thread... here is what I posted

Square Enix said:

If you do not register your cards on one of these sites, or if your credit card issuing bank has not signed up with either service, you will not be able to access the PlayOnline services. In such case, please contact your place of purchase for return, refund, or exchange subject to the return and exchange policy of the retailer. If:
(1) your place of purchase is unwilling to accept returns or exchanges of opened software AND
(2) you are unable or unwilling to register with Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCard AND
(3) it has been less than 30 days since you purchased the software, AND
(4) you are located in the United States or Canada, THEN you may contact PlayOnline Information Center at (858) 790-PLAY (7529) and request a full refund of your purchase price for the Licensed Software, not including shipping and handling charges.

Well enough foreplay... today I got called from my bank's anti-fraud department, they said someone tried to use my credit card in USA at 7 am. I live in Chile, South America. So they cancelled my card as a precautory measure and they'll send a new one soon.
Well I did my share of research and my country doesn't have this system set up. idk if they even will do have it soon...

Anyhow I guess you see where this is comming, when I update my payment methods I won't have my www.SecureCode.com so I won't be able to pay for FFXI and SE will give me the middle finger, like it says above in bold.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.... idc for SE's refund for AMK... I want to play T_T
{Please Help me Out] any ideas?? anything
Thanks
 Cerberus.Hulkamania
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hulkamania 2009-08-01 11:11:40  
Well at least you verified this new policy hurts many players who do not have the visa or mastercard verification available, but like I said rmts must have been verified there still in game.

so who is this stoping or preventing.. Honest players thats whats being screwed over royaly, Shame on you SE!
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-08-01 12:06:57  
if you call customer support(lol) they can help you if you don't have mastercard or visa
 Kujata.Nanyo
サーバ: Kujata
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-08-01 12:32:57  
Alla Story of Complaints on this

Alla's Notification

Started Checking this out after a friend who reads here told me about it, They complain alot of CC Companies Do No Adcept this so, it seems unless this is removed when all of our Credit cards are removed we're done
 Fairy.Lethewaters
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-08-01 12:45:29  
Pyrexia said:
I can verify that changing your exp date counts you as new. I got a new card from my bank last month, changed the date, and guess who can't play today?

That's this girl.

EDIT: Oh but hey guess what, they were still able to charge me for Kupo D'tat.

Same, They also were able to charge my monthly fees on my card that is canceled. I can still play for the moment. Thanks SE.. maybe a little more notice would've helped!
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-01 13:03:24  
this is dumb

SE is dumb
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-08-01 13:09:10  
uh. paypal may very well be the answer to all the people who are complaining about not being able to play or whatever due to the rubbish about their cards not being accepted. u can pretty much generate your own MC with the paypal plugin. not sure if they've already verified themselves with the crap se is talking about. but it seems to be a very simple solution. i found it to be very useful for when u dont want someone to charge something to ur card or w/e
 Sylph.Izey
サーバ: Sylph
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-08-01 14:21:19  
I think RMT spamming gil selling messages might stop now... who knows? maybe they arent able to verify ;p, and if they do the credit cards they use will be bound to those accounts so the Name/CARD would probly be Banned from creating accounts after being shut off cause of RMT activity. (This is just my theory). It maybe for the better who knows.
 Garuda.Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-08-01 14:22:40  
Cjkenji said:
Don't need to do this if you:

Update your billing information on PS2.

Elaborate on that :O
the update didn't affect PS2 users?
 Sylph.Izey
サーバ: Sylph
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-08-01 14:26:23  
Well if the RMT are still there, then the Customers are boned =3, SE looses money off of this so np. They'll fix it alot faster than what they took to supposeably "help" customers who've gottin hacked and such cause of RMT since some ofus still play anyway. I wonder somestime about Square Enix.... looks like we need an inside man =)
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-08-01 15:29:36  
Ishkur said:
Cjkenji said:
Don't need to do this if you:

Update your billing information on PS2.

Elaborate on that :O
the update didn't affect PS2 users?

^this
more info would be nice.
 Ifrit.Edric
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Edric
By Ifrit.Edric 2009-08-02 01:37:23  
Zeluha said:
Quipto said:
Zeluha said:
Guys... It says straight up for NEW cards. [edit: NEW cards and accounts that are younger than 30 days old.]

Existing accounts/cards are unaffected as of what I can read.

See also: Banks and Credit companies can verify them already and will DENY you when you attempt to verify manually- you need to check with your card too!

read the "Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline"

* If you are a current PlayOnline member and your credit card company does not support this service, please contact the Information Center for further assistance. Be sure to have the payment method ready when you contact the Information Center.

im sure all theyll say is youre SOL if your card isnt eligible for it.

User submitted image
User submitted image

Now yes, your quote is correct, but they are probably going to allow you to verify the account if you have the payment sitting on it for a long period of time. Basically, they're trying to stop the SELLING of accounts over and over- and fraudulent payment types- specifically chargeable VISAs and stuff that don't deny payments for a while after it's "cleared".

I can't say that things aren't going to be wacko for those who aren't verified, but you shouldn't need to rush and certify all your credit cards tonight over this minor minor update.

(sorry for the quick paint job- lol)

The thing that really sucks is that my prepaid card (ACE All-Access Netspend MasterCard) won't automatically run through every month, regardless of the fact that the money is on there. Every month, I have to manually re-input my CC info to be billed, reactivate my POL account and my Content ID's. I believe this will count as "updating" CC info. I checked with securecode, while the issuing bank for the ACE All-Access Netspend is listed (Inter National Bank), my card is not supported. How depressing, I've been with Netspend since 2004. I'm just going to go through my mom's bank and get a debit card and say to hell with this crap. I understand why SE is doing this. It's going to kick fraud to the curb, and probably cut the RMT's throats. Too many legit players are going to get caught up in this, though. I feel sorry for the poor *** working for POL's call center Sunday and for the next week. Good luck yall.
 Carbuncle.Alistria
user: ryusadow
By Carbuncle.Alistria 2009-08-02 10:02:47  
I can tell you guys right now that if you have to input your information again for ANY reason, you'll be asked for this. Been trying all morming to get everything going again because SE screwed the pooch on billing for me. This won't affect you as long as you don't have to input your information again.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 10:04:21  
u too? =/
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-02 10:12:48  
check This

should be working.
 Carbuncle.Luckydeville
By Carbuncle.Luckydeville 2009-08-02 10:24:31  
NOOO not the people of carbuncle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Carbuncle.Alistria
user: ryusadow
By Carbuncle.Alistria 2009-08-02 12:08:01  
yeah it's messed up.....FFXI is going to just become a memory for me.....I miss my carbuncle peeps too....

and yeah I've tried Gift Cards before. They don't generally work for me
 Fairy.Staley
user: Staleyx
By Fairy.Staley 2009-08-02 12:17:29  
Was kicked this morning, tried to log back in says I have unpaid fee's on my account? Guess they never charged me for the xpac, but none the less I have enough money on the card. Then POL made me update cc info. Blah blah blah, try to update, card isnt eligible for VBV. Will try calling customer support monday.
 Garuda.Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-08-02 12:19:23  
Can't play either, nor update my paying info... cuz I can't access that securegaycode
 Hades.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2009-08-02 12:28:41  
This is *** as always with SE every friggin month there is another billing issue. How the hell that stupid *** website they have does not have Chase or Citibank listed on it.
 Ifrit.Edric
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Edric
By Ifrit.Edric 2009-08-02 17:03:03  
Well, I retract my previous statement. As I stated I couldn't get securecode for my netspend card, well going through POL's process I was indeed able to make up a securecode for my card, and I'm in the process of logging back in now. Good luck yall.
 Fairy.Staley
user: Staleyx
By Fairy.Staley 2009-08-02 17:42:21  
Did you do it with SE customer service? Or some other means.
 Bahamut.Megbite
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2009-08-02 17:46:48  
WTF is this ***!
ffs I've played for nearly 7 years and now they want to fuk me over?! I use citi bank, the world's largest bank! It is not a member of their ***-eyed service.
I have had put up with double charges several times with POL, but this takes the cake. I'm totally vexed and cannont log in at all. I am not rmt, I am a good paying customer with an addiction, and now they bent me over.
thx POL, you POS.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-02 17:50:51  
I just the the joy of dealing with this today, i JUST got my new bank cards in the mail too lol.

Luckily i'm able to use this service, if i couldn't have i would have been one pissed off customer.

I'm sure you may be able to call in and force them to accept your payment info without that though.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-02 17:52:30  
Sounds pretty simple to me... I had to use "Verified by VISA" several times to buys things over the internet before. And as stupid as this may be, it's just another damn password you have to make and remember... >.>

Now if you credit card company doesn't support that program, I guess you can just make a 500$ CC with another company that does... How hard is that? Unless you have a TERRIBLE credit score, any financial instution will gladly send you a card in the mail the next business day... >.>

SE making our life miserable? Of course they are, but that's nothing new, so why don't we just all calm down and stop acting like it is the worse evar PR mistake of Square Enix?
 Remora.Redchaos
サーバ: Remora
user: Redchaos
By Remora.Redchaos 2009-08-02 17:58:20  
if you are not able to use the verified by visa or master cards version,or if your bank isnt offering this service you are not screwed. you can get a free bank account at bankofamerica.com with a debit card that comes with verified by visa ready! all you have to do is make the free acccount at
http://www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/checksave/index.cfm?template=apply&ch_bag=CHMA

this is the path i picked to get back online hope this helps all who think they have no way to play again after this new screw up on SE's part
 Bahamut.Megbite
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2009-08-02 17:58:32  
Psyence said:
Sounds pretty simple to me... I had to use "Verified by VISA" several times to buys things over the internet before. And as stupid as this may be, it's just another damn password you have to make and remember... >.>

Now if you credit card company doesn't support that program, I guess you can just make a 500$ CC with another company that does... How hard is that? Unless you have a TERRIBLE credit score, any financial instution will gladly send you a card in the mail the next business day... >.>

SE making our life miserable? Of course they are, but that's nothing new, so why don't we just all calm down and stop acting like it is the worse evar PR mistake of Square Enix?

I've got nearly *** perfect credit, 780+ last time I had it checked, and one reason why is because I do not open new cards. I pay my bills on time and have credit limits upwords of 15k on my citi bank and discover card. Neither of these reputable cards/banks are accepted on their website, this is recockuless! Easy for you to say that its no big deal ya, you aren't affected.

No personal gripe with you sir, but the fact remains that they are bending over a large portion of their paying customers today.
[+]