users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Verified by visa/secure code
Verified by visa/secure code
 Carbuncle.Kyri
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 18:06:32  
im so mad as for people like psyence obiously he didnt wake up to this kinda bs like alot of other people did.
in canada theres like a whopping 6 buisnesses that support this code.

ive seen in my forum and this one we have a few other CITI users.

best part?

CITI DOESNT EVEN KNOW WTF A SECURITY CODE IS!

i had to send them to the site telling them how people will not be able to use anything by any buisness that is signed for this service. they have no idea, never even heard of it.
nor can they evn try to do anything about it till after the long weekend. good job SE
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Bahamut
user: hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-08-02 18:09:36  
Kyri said:
im so mad as for people like psyence obiously he didnt wake up to this kinda bs like alot of other people did.
in canada theres like a whopping 6 buisnesses that support this code.

ive seen in my forum and this one we have a few other CITI users.

best part?

CITI DOESNT EVEN KNOW WTF A SECURITY CODE IS!

i had to send them to the site telling them how people will not be able to use anything by any buisness that is signed for this service. they have no idea, never even heard of it.
nor can they evn try to do anything about it till after the long weekend. good job SE

Leave it to SE to implement something that no major credit institutions are a part off.
I wonder how much the developers get paid to sit around and think up ***to make everyone's life miserable.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 18:12:14  
no freakin kidding...
 Bahamut.Megbite
user: Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2009-08-02 18:19:26  
Im just wondering how many players have been affected thus far, can anyone on Bahamut server do a /sea all and report back?
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-02 18:21:25  
I'd tell you how many on Diabolos, but... Seeing as I can't log in due to this, I'm of no help. ^^
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 18:31:45  
heh
 Bahamut.Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2009-08-02 18:45:24  
I had a friend tell me about "1500." Bahamut usually has about 2000+ online whenever I've checked. I'm guessing that if the other servers are missing out on a forth of their population as well, POL will make some type of recant and rectify the situation.
until then, /fume
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 18:53:29  
till then ; ;
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-02 19:13:10  
I just tried and the verification on the SE site went through this time (same card) but it failed in the actual PoL viewer... o.O.

Told me to check my card number... I r confuse-ed.

Now I am completely lost. Unless someone is scrambling at SE HQ trying to fix this as we speak... I contacted my bank hotline and they have never even heard of this service, so obviously they do not offer it. So why then would my card pass verification on the SE website at all?! Something is amiss here. Anyone else having the same issue? Passing the SE website verification but failing in the POL viewer?
 Diabolos.Brian
By Diabolos.Brian 2009-08-02 19:41:28  
Chupacabra said:
I'd tell you how many on Diabolos, but... Seeing as I can't log in due to this, I'm of no help. ^^

1,389 on Diabolos @ 7:41pmCST
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-02 19:46:38  
Omg... that's like... half the people gone. o.O

I bet the NMs of Vanadiel are just wandering around, free! ; ; I could be killing said NMs :(

Usually when I did a /sea all, I got roughly 2800-3400 each time. less than 1400 is just insane. I bet SE fixes this ***real quick.

I personally don't need or want more security :\

At least not at the expense of convenience or in this case, playability. This sucks.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 19:51:15  
1450 on carby from what my friend said. thats like.. 1/3rd of the normalammount..
 Diabolos.Brian
By Diabolos.Brian 2009-08-02 19:51:45  
Chupacabra said:
I bet the NMs of Vanadiel are just wandering around, free! ; ; I could be killing said NMs :(

Actually... I fell asleep camping Noble Mold (there's always been one other person there when I go) the other day and woke up with him in front of me, he could have easily been there for 6 hours. After I got my hat (yay!) I went to Sim and there were only 2 other campers instead of the usual 10+...
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-02 20:02:08  
Congratulations! ... but that doesn't make me feel better lol.

Oh well. If they don't fix this, i.e. remove this useless crap, I might be done with ffxi. Uggh... I don't want to play WoW -.-
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 20:20:54  
chupa look at my forum, the "warning for all" its looking like we might have a solution
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-02 20:33:12  
Reading up on it now Kyri, thank you much ma'am.

Edit: Yeah. I'm gonna probably see about getting a pre paid card to deal with this eventually. But it's certainly not winning any brownie points with me. This knee-jerk change in policy with little to no warning, in addition to completely destroying the ability to play of 2/3rds of their playerbase is quickly adding up to a PR fiasco.

SE better be frantically typing up an apology and a method of fixing this for the NA players who just got shafted. I'll give them a week though. I can go that long without talking to friends in game. If they continue this completely illogical witch hunt for RMT, I think I might just give up on them as a company. Tough to just give up 4 years+ of play, but it has to happen sooner or later I suppose. We'll see how things end up Monday morning.
 Odin.Aerillie
サーバ: Odin
user: Aerillie
By Odin.Aerillie 2009-08-02 20:54:08  
just got back on had to use the ps2 to bypass everything, who knew keeping it would come in handy. apparently the 360 works too, still complete BS if you ask me they better fix this before next billing cycle i'm not going out of my way for them again >.<
 Midgardsormr.Grimhalo
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Allmecia
By Midgardsormr.Grimhalo 2009-08-02 21:13:34  
***!

people who get disconnect from game for lack of funds will have to verify their card. you know you have to resubmit your card info and if you don't verify it's a no go. I'm dealing with this ***right now.

/sigh
 Midgardsormr.Grimhalo
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Allmecia
By Midgardsormr.Grimhalo 2009-08-02 21:33:11  
Hatekhaos said:
This is *** as always with SE every friggin month there is another billing issue. How the hell that stupid *** website they have does not have Chase or Citibank listed on it.

yep, that the problem im having too man wtf!
 Remora.Eireamhon
サーバ: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-08-02 22:38:14  
1337 @ 2337 EST Sunday night Remora
 Bahamut.Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2009-08-02 22:57:34  
lols @ POL!

I went around their system and reregistered via xbox360!

Take note, if you are having the same issue I had and have access to a PS2 or 360, register on one of them. POL can't force you to verify when you do so! win!
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-08-03 00:03:50  
Someone told me that they got on by entering their CC number wrong, a message comes up about invalid # or whatever, and when you go back to enter it again, it acts like it's verified and you're all set. If anyone on here tries that and it works, let me know. I'm still playing, but my friend can't get on and it didn't let him use my card (that I use for my own character).
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Missdominatrix 2009-08-03 00:08:33  
There are gift cards out there that are sponsored by some of the banks mentioned, for example Simon Mall gift cards are issued by USbank which are verified by VISA. I am lucky to have two malls in my city, but good luck to those of you having problems.
 Hades.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2009-08-03 00:12:24  
Phyrefly said:
Someone told me that they got on by entering their CC number wrong, a message comes up about invalid # or whatever, and when you go back to enter it again, it acts like it's verified and you're all set. If anyone on here tries that and it works, let me know. I'm still playing, but my friend can't get on and it didn't let him use my card (that I use for my own character).

nah i just tried it and it didnt work. just went right to UCS-5313 card is not eligible for verified visa or master card service..
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2009-08-03 00:26:23  
Yeah, if you're having issues with your card not being able to be registered at one of the two secure code *** sites SE provided, and you still have a console version, just update the payment info on that. Like it's already been stated before, it works. Glad I kept my ps2!
 Alexander.Ashleylarry
サーバ: Alexander
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Ashleylarry 2009-08-03 01:26:01  
WTF i get kicked last night for this BS....I have been using a capital one cc for this account for about 3 years. Well guess what Capital One is not on the plan, NOR is Chase cc's Nor my local bank debit card........Sounds like the nail in the coffin for me.

Will give the inbreed idiots a call on monday.

Friend sd there was 1200 online sunday morning(avg 1800+)
 Bahamut.Hatekhaos
By Bahamut.Hatekhaos 2009-08-03 01:37:09  
Ashleylarry said:
WTF i get kicked last night for this BS....I have been using a capital one cc for this account for about 3 years. Well guess what Capital One is not on the plan, NOR is Chase cc's Nor my local bank debit card........Sounds like the nail in the coffin for me.

Will give the inbreed idiots a call on monday.

Friend sd there was 1200 online sunday morning(avg 1800+)

Capital One is listed on the list.
Capital One
Capital One - Debit

Those two show up under mastercard link. gl hope this helps u

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Pakalolo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Pakalolo 2009-08-03 01:59:50  
Its all part of SE master plan........Step 1 ban everyone, I mean everyone over the next 3-4 months for various reasons...2 months ago it was we gotta verify your cc info give us a call....last month it was gardening....now its some lame cc verify crap....next month who knows but im sure another 15% will be banned.

Step 2 once everyone is banned, after the initial "*** You SE" period it will be "Man cant wait for 14" fix.

Step 3 Mass sales of FF14 on day 1.... SE makes millions the suits are happy.
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-08-03 02:11:05  
I use Sterling saveing bank and other then panicing about not haveing enough Green in the bank to pay for FF (26$ last & this month payment & The add on) im still active

as for the Server pop. 1180 on Fairy, I think we are normaly at something between 1500-1800 we are a small server *It is 12:10 am Pst, and it's mainly a EST~GMT when most our players are on, so im told