Anni Or Yoichi For Ranger?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Anni or yoichi for ranger?
Anni or yoichi for ranger?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-08 22:54:25  
That parse also means very little because it's a parse. We've had better ways of comparing two different weapons for a long time now.
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-06-08 22:54:48  
Do you or your LS keep parses by chance? Preferably final Delve 2.0 boss only or DM(or single AA? I don't know how big of a group you run with).

I'm curious to see how many shots/WS you're getting off in a fight. I'll take your word that you're not pulling hate in the sense that it literally never even considers coming to smack you as opposed to "it started moving towards the back but didn't kill anyone.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2014-06-08 23:41:19  
I used to when I was using KParse but I've been using Scoreboard for a while so I don't have anything saved. I only make Delve on Tuesday and unfortunately this week it's going to be Yorcia so no RNGs. And yeah, the boss does not even move at all towards the RNGs the entire fight. Next time I get a chance I'll load KParse up and post the results.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2014-07-08 22:47:11  
Been extremely busy/out of town/events cancelled etc but finally have a few parses to post from tonight. Keep in mind I was dual boxing a RDM to Flurry II the 5 RNGs and debuff the NM. Glecent, Darktemplar, and Acexx have Yoichinoyumi and Korats and Otss have Annihilator.

Forgot to restart KParse for the last one.

On the last run I Chainspell Flurry II'd the RNGs and debuffed the NM so I wouldn't have to worry about it during the fight. We also Overkilled that one since it was the last run of the night so none of it wore off.
 Carbuncle.Dagget
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-07-08 23:31:47  
Pre update (i have no idea about anything post update)

Annihilator destroys yoichi.

Adding haste (or snapshot would only increase the gap)

For ranger alone the only weapon you'd want to make is Annihilator, period.

Anyone who argues anything else has no idea what they're talking about. or is biased

JR is a better weaponskill, but coro at 100% and the new LS 200%+ crushes anything bow brings to the table
 Sylph.Limlight
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-07-08 23:36:21  
dem's fightin words!
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-08 23:40:51  
Carbuncle.Dagget said: »

JR is a better weaponskill, but coro at 100% and the new LS 200%+ crushes anything bow brings to the table

This make no sense to me, gun is better but saying JR is a better weaponskill but coro and ls crush it make no sense !
[+]
 Shiva.Afliction
サーバ: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2014-07-08 23:45:24  
da fuq did i just read?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-07-08 23:46:16  
I was doing more damage with sidewinder than the other ranger was doing with JR. Haven't looked at his sets but that doesn't sound right. Mine isnt even good either.
By Ajerian 2014-07-08 23:49:07  
I appreciate the stats and data posted but this is a personal decision. I chose yoichi because I prefer bows over guns and SAM can use it as well. I am more often than not outdamaged by anni rangers (no tears) but I enjoy the bow. However not paying attention to the hate line with either weapon results in a dead ranger.
 Quetzalcoatl.Glecent
By Quetzalcoatl.Glecent 2014-07-09 00:00:45  
Just for the record, I spammed nothing but Jishnu's Radiance in all of those parses and the NM never leaves the PLD. It's not that hard to keep hate on the tank. At least not on that NM.
 Carbuncle.Dagget
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-07-09 00:06:12  
Asura.Ccl said: »

This make no sense to me, gun is better but saying JR is a better weaponskill but coro and ls crush it make no sense !

My mistake 200% + last stand is stronger or as strong as JR from what i've seen. (which is the only time you'd use it in 95% of ranger is better than dd content)
as well as 3 hitting LS vs 4 hitting JR

and coronach crushes namas arrow.

For ranger and ranger alone, Annihilator is the only weapon you should make.

Edit:assuming 3 hitting anni and 4 hitting bow anyways. with the added bonus of static enmity.
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2014-07-09 00:12:05  
Out of curiosity, isn't Refulgent with Tenzen Bow the way to go for RNGs in pure DD mode now?

I got Bow and Gun. Did bow first for SAM, would have gone gun first if only RNG.
By gregchiro2013 2014-07-09 00:52:47  
You gonna pull hate and die with Refulgent.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-07-09 01:12:44  
Quetzalcoatl.Glecent said: »
Been extremely busy/out of town/events cancelled etc but finally have a few parses to post from tonight. Keep in mind I was dual boxing a RDM to Flurry II the 5 RNGs and debuff the NM. Glecent, Darktemplar, and Acexx have Yoichinoyumi and Korats and Otss have Annihilator.

Forgot to restart KParse for the last one.

On the last run I Chainspell Flurry II'd the RNGs and debuffed the NM so I wouldn't have to worry about it during the fight. We also Overkilled that one since it was the last run of the night so none of it wore off.
This shows absolutely nothing other than that you play with terrible RNG.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-09 01:22:19  
Quetzalcoatl.Glecent said: »
Just for the record, I spammed nothing but Jishnu's Radiance in all of those parses and the NM never leaves the PLD. It's not that hard to keep hate on the tank. At least not on that NM.

Marjami is definitely the place where bow shines the most. Using my r15 path C cibi, I won parse against several good Anni rangers there a few days ago... that's the exception obviously and usually they beat me, but hate is definitely less of an issue in Marjami. That favors bow's raw damage. Still, you posted a pretty impressive parse. I'd bet something like DMII would show gun in a more favorable light.
 Bahamut.Snapshot
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-07-09 01:51:48  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »

Good God man. Get some new material.
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-09 02:11:45  
Well, the main argument has always really been that Gun is superior to other options because if you're using RNG you assume hate is an issue. Coronach is superior compared to Namas so even with Jishnu being strong you should usually be ahead by a decent margin due to the need to balance hate.

But Glecent claims to be able to spam Jishnu's without pulling hate, which is something I personally have never been able to experience. I used to run non-relic bow in our VD DM(hadn't splurged on those 300k plutons for Annihilator yet) and I remember having to hold back significantly, both in over-TP, and other minor facts such as not being able to fully benefit from the Tacticians Roll we charged outside where as relic users were able to just WS after PLD flash tagged.

Point being, argument is obviously different when you don't consider hate. My RNGs still pull hate occasionally when they get a little too trigger happy with the non-relic WS in Delve(and let's not even start on TT in DM, we've totally just given up even caring on him), so Glecent's claim definitely intrigues me, but not much I can really do with that.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-07-09 02:35:07  
Bahamut.Snapshot said: »

Why? He's right.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-09 03:54:42  
I love when people base things solely on the people they beat on parses. it's like when girls take pictures with other ugly/fat girls.

Are you cuter than your fat friends, certainly! Are you actually cute... not really, but you got those 2 beat lol.

Who's better the guy who uses no snapshot and an Anni. or the Guy who actually gives a ***and has proper sets for his Yoichi. Clearly the Yoichi.

The only way to really decide what's best is to get it your damn self, and USE the *** thing. Apples Vs Oranges never works. Some people are better than you can/will ever be regardless of what weapon they use. It's a fact of life. You can't base anything off that.
By gregchiro2013 2014-07-09 03:59:49  
Id get relic bow ONLY if you love Sam :)
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-07-09 04:23:37  
The way to see which is best is to spreadsheet it. Not get it yourself and "hope for the best" that's just stupid.

You have made it clearpreviously that your not a fan of spreadsheets and I don't know why. It's the most reliable way we have atm to predict outputs based on a set of parameters. If you prefer to rely on inaccurate scoreboard parses that's up to you. Scoreboard just shows you who's pulling their weight on a run not a weapons true potential.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-09 06:25:30  
Bismarck.Inference said: »
But Glecent claims to be able to spam Jishnu's without pulling hate, which is something I personally have never been able to experience.

Same for me, wich is also a reason I don't like bringing corsair, but apparently I'm very bad cause hate doesn't matter and cosair never pull hate neither.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-07-09 06:35:38  
Last time I did elvaan(D) I was spamming last stand, with skirmish+2 gun, and didnt pull hate havent tried it with jishnu though.
By Aikawa 2014-07-09 06:48:26  
In a group with lots rngs, they can most likely spam jishus without pulling hate, because decoy shot.

But with 3rng, one using just jishus will pull hate after 7-8 mins if the mob still alive.

So when someone say again that he just spam jishus, ask: what was his fighting and for how long was the target alive.
 Bahamut.Jezard
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Dre
By Bahamut.Jezard 2014-07-09 08:55:48  
It all really comes down to how you play. General in my ls gun rng win out except for 1 that uses relic bow that ranks up there with us. I did pug AAMR with relic rng that manage to only parse 15% while I did 70%. Other non relic bow rng only managed 10%. It all comes down to most ppl don't know how to play or gear rng and not which weapon they use. Relic bow is very competitive when used property. Snapshot got school when he finally played with good relic rng when he joined our ls.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-09 09:13:11  
We don't care about bad rng, for good rng gun is better; and if you ride barrage/double shot timer and fire as fast as possible, you will have to hold if you're using another ws than coro/namas.
By Zoltar 2014-07-09 09:44:40  
Asura.Ccl said: »
We don't care about bad rng, for good rng gun is better; and if you ride barrage/double shot timer and fire as fast as possible, you will have to hold if you're using another ws than coro/namas.

True. Spamming JR will get you killed fast. Aftermath of Annihilator is reason enough to use a gun. Bow is pure fun/zerg material for rng unless you go soft and don't ride doubleshot
 Shiva.Isolation
サーバ: Shiva
user: ringly
By Shiva.Isolation 2014-07-09 10:01:26  
Ravenn42 said: »
I am aware of the enmity. In this new age of ffxi where you have multiple rng in ally all with similar easy to obtain gear hate control is not a focal point for some. I want a relic for my own personal goals. I seem to get sidetracked I was making a mandau and then thief was meh so sold all my currency. Same with Apoc.

Maybe I should just trade my currency as I go and not build it up 1st so I am locked in.....Things were easier back in the day.

End Rant.[/quot[quote="Ravenn42" pid=2584650]I am aware of the enmity. In this new age of ffxi where you have multiple rng in ally all with similar easy to obtain gear hate control is not a focal point for some. I want a relic for my own personal goals. I seem to get sidetracked I was making a mandau and then thief was meh so sold all my currency. Same with Apoc.

Maybe I should just trade my currency as I go and not build it up 1st so I am locked in.....Things were easier back in the day.

End Rant.
Maybe build what you love and want. Only then can you find true happiness. Or be like me and build em all!
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-09 12:22:32  
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Bahamut.Snapshot said: »

Why? He's right.

Is he? Playing with the ranger spreadsheet and using sets posted here, I get Anni being beaten by Hangaku-No-Yumi, as well as Yoichi. Does it take getting to a 3-hit Anni with COR to beat bow?

I'm new to ranger, but Annihilator's strong suit seems to be utility and not balls-to-the-wall damage.