Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 56 57 58
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 10:49:41  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'm thinking that's probably common in internet forums. I know I don't converse with people in person the same way that I do with you guys, with the exception of my humor.

Yeah. I kind of figured that goes for most of us in one fashion or another.

Even humor gets toned down with the work crowd because they find my humor to be...disturbing, I think.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 10:51:19  
Ramyrez said: »
I'm thinking that's probably common in internet forums. I know I don't converse with people in person the same way that I do with you guys, with the exception of my humor.

Yeah. I kind of figured that goes for most of us in one fashion or another.

Even humor gets toned down with the work crowd because they find my humor to be...disturbing, I think.

My coworkers crack more jokes than Fonewear, so I don't exactly have to hold back.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 10:53:40  
My coworkers crack more jokes than Fonewear, so I don't exactly have to hold back.

I work with a good mix of people from my age to a little younger to a lot older.

They're almost all parents though, older or younger alike, so...

You can imagine many of my opinions on the topic are kept to myself and the constant squawking about kiddies starts to grate. I just can't understand why people think anyone else *** cares.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 10:55:33  
Josiahkf said: »
On the border of INFJ and INTJ, love that test and seeing how much my mind has grown/changed each time.

Last time I poked it was probably a decade ago and I was INTJ, but as you can see, scores would fluctuate almost daily based on mood as much as anything else.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 11:05:05  

I work with a good mix of people from my age to a little younger to a lot older.

They're almost all parents though, older or younger alike, so...

You can imagine many of my opinions on the topic are kept to myself and the constant squawking about kiddies starts to grate. I just can't understand why people think anyone else *** cares.

I don't mind the talking about kids too much. It's when people won't shut up about how super duper great/smart/successful their kids are that I start to get annoyed. It's not jealousy because I think my kids are great, I just don't harp on achievements unless someone actually cares to ask. It's not so bad at work, because usually when someone talks about their kids it's in reference to something stupid that they did, and that's just funny.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-17 11:12:22  
I just can't understand why people think anyone else *** cares.

It's a mix of "easily generated small talk fodder" and legitimate pride. That kind of thing grated on me as well pre-kid, and now I kind of get it.

It's actually a fairly hard urge to control (though I do my best); tending to kids is not a small task, so it's the most natural thing to want to talk about, because you're engaged with it so much. (Or at least you should be, if you have them)
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-17 11:15:01  
Drama Torama said: »
I just can't understand why people think anyone else *** cares.

It's a mix of "easily generated small talk fodder" and legitimate pride. That kind of thing grated on me as well pre-kid, and now I kind of get it.

It's actually a fairly hard urge to control (though I do my best); tending to kids is not a small task, so it's the most natural thing to want to talk about, because you're engaged with it so much. (Or at least you should be, if you have them)
That, and you may learn something.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 11:26:22  
Drama Torama said: »

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
That, and you may learn something.

Only a reaffirmation that I don't want kids.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-17 11:31:34  

I thought you had a bunch of kids. How do you explain this picture I found of you?

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-17 11:52:33  
Counter kid talk with gloating about your sex life.

Warning: Does not work if you have no sex life.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 12:15:22  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Overweight person sex only works as a deterrent if said people didn't make their children with fat sex.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 12:21:03  

I thought you had a bunch of kids. How do you explain this picture I found of you?

Because at family gatherings the thing that resembles a large teddy bear is difficult for children to resist, much to my chagrin.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-17 12:24:33  

Overweight person sex only works as a deterrent if said people didn't make their children with fat sex.
You know, this sentence really didn't need to exist.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-17 12:31:34  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »

You know, this sentence really didn't need to exist.

No, it didn't.

But...well, now it does.

Look, my humor doesn't always work. I just live for the moments it does.

And I'd be lying if I said I didn't take a little pleasure in the uncomfortable groans when it doesn't.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-22 10:52:24  
Love the title of this article.
They're talking about the Iran deal and his problem with it.
Quote:
Despite the obvious problems with Netanyahu's position, dismissing it would be a mistake. Contrary to popular belief, he is not just a cynical politician in search of an agenda to deflect attention away from growing domestic problems and the conflict with Palestine. His obsessive focus on Iran -- not to mention the seemingly irrational calculus that is driving him toward a politically suicidal confrontation with the U.S., his country's most important benefactor -- stems from deep-rooted convictions, a system of political thought and his own perspective on Jewish history.

Netanyahu is an ideologue of Jewish catastrophe. His view of Jewish history reflects that of his father, the historian Benzion Netanyahu, who went to America in the 1940s to challenge the Allies' failure to rescue European Jewry from the Holocaust, and thus to mobilize support for Zionism. In fact, Netanyahu remembered his father's efforts in his address to the U.S. Congress last March.

But Netanyahu goes a step further than remembering the past. Zionism was supposed to enable the Jews to break with their history. Netanyahu, however, has imbued the Israeli state's existence with all of the Jewish people's past anxieties, pains and struggles. It does not matter that Israel possesses, according to foreign sources, a nuclear arsenal, as well as a robust economy and a strong alliance with the world's most powerful country; for Netanyahu, it is essentially an old Jewish ghetto, attempting to hold out against relentless threats.
Netanyahu Is the Horseman of the Jewish Apocalypse
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-22 10:54:15  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Love the title of this article.
They're talking about the Iran deal and his problem with it.
Quote:
Despite the obvious problems with Netanyahu's position, dismissing it would be a mistake. Contrary to popular belief, he is not just a cynical politician in search of an agenda to deflect attention away from growing domestic problems and the conflict with Palestine. His obsessive focus on Iran -- not to mention the seemingly irrational calculus that is driving him toward a politically suicidal confrontation with the U.S., his country's most important benefactor -- stems from deep-rooted convictions, a system of political thought and his own perspective on Jewish history.

Netanyahu is an ideologue of Jewish catastrophe. His view of Jewish history reflects that of his father, the historian Benzion Netanyahu, who went to America in the 1940s to challenge the Allies' failure to rescue European Jewry from the Holocaust, and thus to mobilize support for Zionism. In fact, Netanyahu remembered his father's efforts in his address to the U.S. Congress last March.

But Netanyahu goes a step further than remembering the past. Zionism was supposed to enable the Jews to break with their history. Netanyahu, however, has imbued the Israeli state's existence with all of the Jewish people's past anxieties, pains and struggles. It does not matter that Israel possesses, according to foreign sources, a nuclear arsenal, as well as a robust economy and a strong alliance with the world's most powerful country; for Netanyahu, it is essentially an old Jewish ghetto, attempting to hold out against relentless threats.
Netanyahu Is the Horseman of the Jewish Apocalypse

Jewocalypse is upon us
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-22 10:57:16  
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-fully-understands-your-struggle-to-get-ready-in-the-morning_55ae6aeae4b08f57d5d28d0b?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women&section=women

Hillary Clinton knows just how annoying it is to waste time in front of the mirror every morning perfecting your "work-appropriate" look.

On Monday during a Facebook question and answer session, Hillz responded to one woman who asked for her thoughts on the "hair and makeup tax" women face -- wherein they need to spend far much more time than their male counterparts making themselves look presentable each day.
By fonewear 2015-07-22 10:58:42  
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 11:01:08  
fonewear said: »
"hair and makeup tax" women face -- wherein they need to spend far much more time than their male counterparts making themselves look presentable each day.

Hah.

My wife gets ready in the morning faster than I do, and I take fifteen minutes on my slowest days.

Of course, my wife doesn't wear makeup or put 8,000 chemicals in her hair because holy *** why would you do that to yourself.

She's starting to go a little grey, too, and it's great. Every time she gets her hair cut the stylists are always "oh, your hair texture is so wonderful! How do you do it? Also, would you like a bit of coloring?"

And she gets to say, "I keep my hair texture nice by not nuking it with coloring and chemicals every day."
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-22 11:02:07  
She must be ugly (Libby) to take 30 mins
By fonewear 2015-07-22 11:02:49  
very plain looking.

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-22 11:03:47  
one woman who asked for her thoughts on the "hair and makeup tax" women face -- wherein they need to spend far much more time than their male counterparts making themselves look presentable each day.
Why bother with such dumb people.
The use of makeup is not a requirement for work, it's a choice a woman makes.

And there are plenty of men who use a lot of cosmetic stuff these days. My brother probably has as much products as I.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-22 11:04:21  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
one woman who asked for her thoughts on the "hair and makeup tax" women face -- wherein they need to spend far much more time than their male counterparts making themselves look presentable each day.
Why bother with such dumb people.

And there are plenty of men who use a lot of cosmetic stuff these days. My brother probably has as much products as I.

Cause she is a typical Hillary voter. That is what they care about...

Yay go women we are strong and independent yay !
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 11:04:43  
I understand the multi-faceted (heh) ideas why women wear makeup and spend a lot of time on their hair, and not every woman's reasons are the same.

Frankly, as a guy, I don't like makeup on women anyhow. I mean sure, it makes them prettier in pictures, but as soon as you try to get close to your woman makeup is smudging off on you, on your clothes, your pillowcase, your underwear...

...wait, what? That last one? I have no idea. Someone else typed that in there.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-22 11:06:02  

It can be, depending upon your work. I've seen many positions that require women to 'tastefully apply makeup and care for your hair in an attractive fashion'.

Yes, those positions are in entertainment, but the requirements for their male counterparts are completely void of similar requirements.
By fonewear 2015-07-22 11:06:18  
I bet she will vote for Hillary cause she responded to a Facebook post of hers. It's that simple to get a voter.

She is a normal woman like me she uses Facebook... I can totally relate to that !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-22 11:07:48  

It can be, depending upon your work. I've seen many positions that require women to 'tastefully apply makeup and care for your hair in an attractive fashion'.

Yes, those positions are in entertainment, but the requirements for their male counterparts are completely void of similar requirements.
I don't know what work you're talking about here. Modeling? Cause males have to use cosmetics too there just like females.

Most workplaces require you to not look like a bum, but that doesn't mean you need to wear makeup.
By fonewear 2015-07-22 11:08:22  

I don't know what work you're talking about here. Modeling? Cause males have to use cosmetics too there just like females.

Most workplaces require you to not look like a bum, but that doesn't mean you need to wear makeup.

Oh yea what if I told you my job was being a bum ! Or the chronically unemployed. Or disabled etc.

What was the question again ?
By fonewear 2015-07-22 11:10:08  
I only wear makeup on Thursday. Rest of the week I look like a slob.
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 56 57 58