Server Merge Maybe????

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Server Merge Maybe????
Server Merge Maybe????
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Redherring
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-09-01 10:05:14  
This again

Seems every month get one of these threads ever since about 6 months after the first one.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-01 10:08:36  
Jetackuu said: »
Phoenix.Michiiru said: »
and SE latches onto the teat of the PS2 to use as a get out of work free card, when it SHOULD have been dropped as a platform. It's been 12 years people, if you can't afford a small-scale computer or a laptop that you could get bought for like 200-400 dollars off of an online retailer, then that's YOUR fault. The players should not suffer for that.

So much stupidity and ignorance.

A lot of the JP playerbase still plays on the PS2, and cannot afford a computer (prices are different over there, yo. (not to mention apartment size).

Not to mention that them playing on the PS2 does not harm anyone else at all, but you're too ignorant to see that.
Wasn't it also determined to be a lie that the PS2 was holding everyone back, since it could in fact, handle processing the information?

The developers went on record to say that it wasn't the fault of the PS2 handling the graphics, but the fault of the development team being lazy and giving away faulty excuses as to why the PS2 wouldn't allow them to add such and such features, yet, they managed to implement such features anyways?

"The Playstation 2 console system and the HDD can not handle the upgrades to the Final Fantasy Game we have in store. But here, have these upgrades that we just said we can't put into the game because of the PS2, on the PS2" or something like that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 10:09:22  
I'm on a relatively "high" populated server, people still *** about the same ***, the issue isn't the population, it's the people and or the content.
 Cerberus.Reiden
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-09-01 10:31:18  
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
No, no, no! A few servers are big still.

Ashura, Has some elutes but the server all people return to and a mass amount of noobs.

Odin. Big server but full of linkshells who mercanary and sell gil or rem orders.

Rag, big jp and us pop. Dont come to ourcserver we dont I want homeless trash or crybabies who want our stable playerbase to carry yiu.

Fernier. Strange server, seen many people return to the game shout hours for a linkshell to get back in the grove. Days later still no shell for them. Very hostle unfriendly server.

Bismark. Active to a point and fairly stable. Many small tight community of frinds ls.

Siren. Ls group events or gtfo our server. We do t reply orcwant shout groups for almost anything.

Valfer. Another friendly server. Has the biggest ls I ever seen. Moztly socail, so big though sometimes it exceeds its limit hence a second pearl needed.

I ayed on others as well, but they are so small and no community, as well as the biggezt server crybabies of ffxi, they are not worth mentioning. I rather they just vanish those servers thdn merge them.

Um i'm sorry but cerberus has a tight community but you wouldn't know since you not part of the community.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-09-01 10:47:14  
Brolli said: »
I would be in favor of a merge if I hadn't quit. In my honest opinion people should just get the *** over it and understand that the servers will eventually merge or their game will die a whole lot faster. This game is beyond the point of no return, there is no way in hell that it will rebound at this point. The fact is that SE tried desperately to keep FFXI going with these campaigns, but it's no longer working since most of the awards from them are trash. No exp rings for lvl 1 players being a reasonable price, but oh hey let's just give the lvl 99's an exp ring.

You're a fool if you don't think a merge should happen. The game is continuously losing subscriptions, and it lacks the advertising that any other MMO has in the regions outside of Japan to hook new players. I've never even seen an ffxi commercial back in like 2004-2005, or hell even 2002. Not only that, but a lot of the issues with the playerbase are not being resolved, and SE latches onto the teat of the PS2 to use as a get out of work free card, when it SHOULD have been dropped as a platform. It's been 12 years people, if you can't afford a small-scale computer or a laptop that you could get bought for like 200-400 dollars off of an online retailer, then that's YOUR fault. The players should not suffer for that.

These factors alone contribute to a great majority of FFXI's decline, along with the toxic playerbase on many of those "Large servers"

Ragnarok has been one of the most atrocious example based solely on the fact that many players there cannot compromise and see something that could benefit them. This being members, some linkshells I have seen are demanding RME BRD's from a player who is obviously geared or theri playstyle shifts towards DD, and they magically expect them to fork over the time and effort to make the harp and horn just to join an LS that they'll have next to no say in, probably won't be able to lot items for a while because of "Hurr durr seniority" despite having made them to join the LS. So I think one of the main contributors to the game's steady fall is the community.

Don't believe me? PM me and I'll have you huge list of my findings.
They need to merge few servers tho. Some are unplayable because the extreme low population, it's almost impossible to do endgame unless you want to shout for hours to get a brd or pld. Linkshells doesn't just works. Lots of people have different play times and most doesn't even have the player capacity to run events, if the game continues like this... They will just have to consolidate everything into 5 or 3 servers.

Can hold up to 6000 players per server like it used to be @2006.

You know if people actually did some research on their server and took the time to find out which groups are out there, they wouldn't have a problem. When you involve yourself in your community, you will have more knowledge of what goes on in your server. Make your own runs instead of waiting for shouts/yell, try to remember the people you interact with or write their names down. If people are *** but they play well, ignore their stupid comments or remarks, just get whatever needs to be done and keep it moving.
 Valefor.Slore
サーバ: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2014-09-01 10:53:58  
Valefor is big? Hell we can't break 500 during prime time most days.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-01 10:57:50  
Game needs a merge, no reason a few hundred people on a server should constitute things being 'fine'.
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-01 11:00:40  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Siren.Sieha said: »
I think the op started this thread just to see how long it would go.

not like there is much of an issue, we all have our 'groups'. you dont need 18 people to do anything, except maybe dm2 if you are doing harder modes.
clearly everyone doesn't already have their groups or this wouldn't be an issue

and vd dm is easy with 9, could probably be done with 6

Well everyone that doesnt have a group can group together. problem solved. its not like on their server everyone except 4 people have a group.

The issue really is that you only get a group if you are a decent player and have decent gear. I guess its also possible if they are one of those whinny dd onry people who would never play a supporting job.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 11:01:11  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Game needs a merge, no reason a few hundred people on a server should constitute things being 'fine'.
How so? Makes NM camping and dynamis farming less crowded (hell I haven't done it much this week because it's been overcrowded as hell.)

As for newer content: I still say it's the way people are going about making groups for it, and the sheer apathy of some players. Then there's people like me, who haven't touched the new content and haven't even wanted to until more recently when I had a reason to, well that and I've been playing BST so long (then smn before it) I'd forgotten a lot of party dynamics, whipped my whm out of retirement and am trying to get the hang of it again.
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-01 11:02:51  
if population is so bad or you want more people then move servers. I dont think they are going to ever merge again since they reduced the server jumping cost and wait time. It just doesnt make business sense, tho what does at SE.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-01 11:05:04  
and SE latches onto the teat of the PS2 to use as a get out of work free card, when it SHOULD have been dropped as a platform. It's been 12 years people, if you can't afford a small-scale computer or a laptop that you could get bought for like 200-400 dollars off of an online retailer, then that's YOUR fault. The players should not suffer for that.

A lot of the JP playerbase still plays on the PS2, and cannot afford a computer (prices are different over there, yo. (not to mention apartment size).

Not to mention that them playing on the PS2 does not harm anyone else at all, but you're too ignorant to see that.

JP can't afford a computer........whhhha? Who posted 100+ pages of drama and ***talk on 2ch Ragnarok forum without a computer! Who made all those JP video in HD wide screen??? Who post all that parse result on JP blog and forum?

"JP only play on PS2" one of the most silly JP stereotype I've ever heard.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-01 11:05:07  
How so? Makes NM camping and dynamis farming less crowded (hell I haven't done it much this week because it's been overcrowded as hell.)

As for newer content: I still say it's the way people are going about making groups for it, and the sheer apathy of some players. Then there's people like me, who haven't touched the new content and haven't even wanted to until more recently when I had a reason to, well that and I've been playing BST so long (then smn before it) I'd forgotten a lot of party dynamics, whipped my whm out of retirement and am trying to get the hang of it again.

It also makes progressing at anything nearly impossible which further drives people away from the game. No one cares if Dynamis or Salvage is empty because the game is dead, the needs of the overall game should trump the convenience of being able to have a camp to yourself.

When every shout ends because you cant get a PLD or WHM that's a problem that can be solved with more people playing. Shout columns on some servers are totally dead barring the usual RME banter. I know the dualboxers are living in their own world but with all the conveniences of modern XI you still need people. Sub 400 on a server is unacceptable.

Thats bad for the game, time to roll the small servers together.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-01 11:07:15  
Siren.Sieha said: »
It just doesnt make business sense
Why so? Wouldn't having less servers mean lower maintenance costs for them?

And it's not like they'd get overcrowded like last time they did it...400 souls on average here on V(most of which afk).
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 11:10:58  

It also makes progressing at anything nearly impossible which further drives people away from the game. No one cares if Dynamis or Salvage is empty because the game is dead, the needs of the overall game should trump the convenience of being able to have a camp to yourself.

When every shout ends because you cant get a PLD or WHM that's a problem that can be solved with more people playing. Shout columns on some servers are totally dead barring the usual RME banter. I know the dualboxers are living in their own world but with all the conveniences of modern XI you still need people. Sub 400 on a server is unacceptable.

Thats bad for the game, time to roll the small servers together.

Not really, as there's plenty of WHM and PLDs out there, they're just typically busy.

Considering how many people are making relics and mythics, dynamis being ripe for the picking is very relevant.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2014-09-01 11:11:17  
Anyway, my thoughts on the matter posted some days ago:

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It would help refreshing the people you can play with.

With low populations it is difficult to create new groups for those who need it. Remove everyone who's not present in your playtime; remove everyone who doesn't speak your language; remove everyone who already has a group and doesn't join others; remove everyone who isn't ready for the event; remove everyone who just isn't interested in that thing you want to go for.
You'll be left with an incredibly small number of people to chose from, remove as well everyone you've had bad experiences in the past(be it personal problems, rivalries, simple dislike, different game experience, etc..), the selection becomes extremely narrow and you're left with always the same handful of names.

700 may seem like a lot, but when you consider all those factors, not so much anymore.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 11:11:38  
Hell I'm half tempted to move to a server with a lower population.

Or here's an idea: make friends.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-01 11:15:27  

Excuses. The pool is small already, you're not making friends with sub 400 server populations half of which are AFK rollovers from another time zone.

If you want to play a solo game where you farm relics, go play that game. People are paying for an MMO, not tribox content or be locked out of it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-01 11:16:45  
Selfie Fantasy XI.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-01 11:21:16  

They can't afford a PC, but they can afford to pay 8k+(~$75USD) yen on a melon. XD

Japan isn't a 3rd world country you know.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 11:31:01  

Excuses. The pool is small already, you're not making friends with sub 400 server populations half of which are AFK rollovers from another time zone.

If you want to play a solo game where you farm relics, go play that game. People are paying for an MMO, not tribox content or be locked out of it.

It's not excuses at all, but that's all I'm hearing from the "lets merge all the servers" crowd.

Making friends is easy...
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 11:31:18  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

They can't afford a PC, but they can afford to pay 8k+(~$75USD) yen on a melon. XD

I'd have to find Scizm's post, but yes PC's are more expensive over there.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-01 11:35:25  

It's not excuses at all, but that's all I'm hearing from the "lets merge all the servers" crowd.

Making friends is easy...

There's a problem making friends when your local pool of cool people is so prohibitively small because the server has 400 - read: 400 - people. That's nothing. *** WG alone used to have that many in town.

The games gotten too small, the remaining population needs to be merged up, maybe we'll crack 1k on a server again.

I know some people like the idea the game is all theirs but when so little people remain it's killing the game for anyone old trying to get back in or people who aren't awash in accounts or hax.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 11:59:09  
I disagree entirely, I say stop using a low population as an excuse and get out there and make friends.

400+ people is a good amount of people to make friends from, even if 3/4 of them are in a different time zone.

So stop making excuses and trying to ruin other people's time because you have issues making friends.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 12:01:01  
My main point being: Bahamut has over twice that number and is still "suffering" from the same "problems" you are, that says that the issue isn't with the # of people, but the people themselves.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-01 12:05:00  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

I'd have to find Scizm's post, but yes PC's are more expensive over there.

expensive is relative. Looked at Mac book pro since Apple is easiest to go to with price tags for different countries:

JP: 128800 JPY (~1239 USD)
UK: 999 GBP (~1666 USD)
US: 1299 USD

the JP price is pre-tax. But it's pretty safe to say that us Brits should be the ones that can't afford computers under this direct comparison.

So no. I don't think JPs PCs are more expensive.

The reason some JPs still play on PS2 because they tend to stick to what works and don't just throw their old systems away when new gadgets are out. Which is why smart phones were not popular until couple of years ago (they have flip phones that had more functionality than the old style phones we used but not as smart as smart phones :P)
By Jetackuu 2014-09-01 12:09:49  
Nobody in their right mind would purchase a Macbook in the first place.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-01 12:10:51  
Nobody in their right mind would purchase a Macbook in the first place.

It's not about which computer model. It's just an indication on the pricing.

They also have entire district in big cities dedicated to electronic products in Japan(Akihabara, DenDen town). If they're too poor to buy these things then all the shops there would be closed down by now.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-01 12:12:57  
My main point being: Bahamut has over twice that number and is still "suffering" from the same "problems" you are, that says that the issue isn't with the # of people, but the people themselves.

Take a look at Bahamuts shout crawl and then look at Lakshmis.

Thanks.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7