China's Economy Just Overtook The USA's

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » China's economy just overtook the USA's
China's economy just overtook the USA's
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By maldini 2014-10-09 15:12:19  
Quote:
China 'overtakes U.S. as the the world's largest economy': IMF says economy is now worth £11 trillion as America falls into second place for the first time since 1872

Figures show the Chinese economy is worth £11trillion, the US £10.8trillion
The IMF estimates China's economy will be worth £16.7trillion in 2019
The US has been the global leader since it overtook Britain in 1872

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2785766/China-overtakes-U-S-world-s-largest-economy-IMF-says-economy-worth-11-trillion-America-falls-second-place-time-1872.html#ixzz3FgDr7mCu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Source:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2785766/China-overtakes-U-S-world-s-largest-economy-IMF-says-economy-worth-11-trillion-America-falls-second-place-time-1872.html

Source 2:
http://www.news.com.au/finance/china-overtakes-us-to-become-worlds-largest-economy-says-international-monetary-fund/story-e6frfm1i-1227085188115

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-10-09 15:14:36  
So pretty soon all electronic devices will say "Made in USA"?
[+]
By maldini 2014-10-09 15:17:22  
Currency war next. Average American makes more money than average Chinese. But Average Chinese can buy more good with their income than an American can.

So an American in China is very rich, while a chinese in America is very poor.

If China dumps its dollars on the Market, that won't be the case for much longer though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-09 15:28:53  
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 15:32:33  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Less people would die from making them at least.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-10-09 15:33:30  
maldini said: »
Currency war next. Average American makes more money than average Chinese. But Average Chinese can buy more good with their income than an American can.

So an American in China is very rich, while a chinese in America is very poor.

If China dumps its dollars on the Market, that won't be the case for much longer though.
Is this when we finally all use Franc as the number one currency?
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 15:33:46  
I didn't realize Obama was sending jobs overseas to avoid costs of running an American business.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-09 15:37:22  
Jetackuu said: »
I didn't realize Obama was sending jobs overseas to avoid costs of running an American business.
Nah he just hires a Canadian firm to do it for him.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-09 15:40:12  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
I would guess more like "Made in India."
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-09 15:42:02  
Should have happened decades ago. They have 2 billion people.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 15:45:46  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Nah he just hires a Canadian firm to do it for him.

By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 15:46:29  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Should have happened decades ago. They have 2 billion people.

Yeah, our 300 million really shouldn't be able to compare.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-09 15:47:35  
I would hate to be the president who's policies and leadership encouraged a downfall on the overall economy enough to allow another nation to overtake the US in overall economic strength.

Yeah, incoming Obama apologists. AKA Jet, Vic and Jassik.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-09 15:55:16  
Quote:
For almost a year, China has been pitching an idea to its neighbors in Asia: a big, internationally funded bank that would offer quick financing for badly needed transportation, telecommunications and energy projects in underdeveloped countries across the region.

With the public backing of President Xi Jinping and a pledge from Beijing to contribute much of the $50 billion in initial capital, the plan could be seen as an answer to critics who have long argued that China should take on greater responsibilities as a world power. But the United States, perhaps the most vocal of such critics, especially on issues such as climate change and arms proliferation, has not embraced the Chinese proposal.

Instead, in quiet conversations with China’s potential partners, American officials have lobbied against the development bank with unexpected determination and engaged in a vigorous campaign to persuade important allies to shun the project, according to senior United States officials and representatives of other governments involved.

The dispute, the latest manifestation of Chinese-American competition in Asia, could escalate in coming weeks, as Beijing pushes to confirm South Korea and Australia as founding partners of the bank in time for Mr. Xi to formally announce it at a summit meeting of Asian leaders in November. President Obama is scheduled to attend the meeting, and Washington is pressing the two countries to reject the Chinese plan.

Beijing has asked dozens of nations to contribute funds to the bank, which it calls the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, and hopes it will become a global institution that rivals the World Bank. To give it broader scope, the Chinese have invited and won the support of some wealthy Middle East nations, including Qatar and Saudi Arabia. But if Washington persuades South Korea and Australia to abstain, it would all but ensure membership in the bank would be limited to smaller countries, depriving it of the prestige and respectability the Chinese seek.
China’s Plan for Regional Development Bank Runs Into U.S. Opposition
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-09 16:05:11  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I would hate to be the president who's policies and leadership encouraged a downfall on the overall economy enough to allow another nation to overtake the US in overall economic strength.

Right, because letting massive companies do as they please is such a fantastic idea.
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-10-09 16:08:52  
Obama's actually been extremely good for the stock market.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/2000-days-of-obama-how-have-stocks-done-2014-07-11

So yea, this is one thing you can't blame on him at all.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 16:09:12  

and lol if you think I support Obama at all, you're funny.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 16:09:50  
Just another tool who believes in trickle-down economics, and that businesses are benign and don't need any sort of regulation whatsoever, and that regulation is the devil.
By maldini 2014-10-09 16:13:20  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
For almost a year, China has been pitching an idea to its neighbors in Asia: a big, internationally funded bank that would offer quick financing for badly needed transportation, telecommunications and energy projects in underdeveloped countries across the region.

With the public backing of President Xi Jinping and a pledge from Beijing to contribute much of the $50 billion in initial capital, the plan could be seen as an answer to critics who have long argued that China should take on greater responsibilities as a world power. But the United States, perhaps the most vocal of such critics, especially on issues such as climate change and arms proliferation, has not embraced the Chinese proposal.

Instead, in quiet conversations with China’s potential partners, American officials have lobbied against the development bank with unexpected determination and engaged in a vigorous campaign to persuade important allies to shun the project, according to senior United States officials and representatives of other governments involved.

The dispute, the latest manifestation of Chinese-American competition in Asia, could escalate in coming weeks, as Beijing pushes to confirm South Korea and Australia as founding partners of the bank in time for Mr. Xi to formally announce it at a summit meeting of Asian leaders in November. President Obama is scheduled to attend the meeting, and Washington is pressing the two countries to reject the Chinese plan.

Beijing has asked dozens of nations to contribute funds to the bank, which it calls the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, and hopes it will become a global institution that rivals the World Bank. To give it broader scope, the Chinese have invited and won the support of some wealthy Middle East nations, including Qatar and Saudi Arabia. But if Washington persuades South Korea and Australia to abstain, it would all but ensure membership in the bank would be limited to smaller countries, depriving it of the prestige and respectability the Chinese seek.
China’s Plan for Regional Development Bank Runs Into U.S. Opposition

Watch for Middle eastern countries making a move to de-peg from the $USD.

When that happens, I want everyone to remember it was the Euro that killed the Dollar.

Most imports in the middle east are from Europe. Having your currency pegged to a weaker Dollar = huge losses for us.

Its only natural that we start selling in some other currency.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-09 16:21:23  

Last I checked, Obama has been President for the past 5 and a half years. I didn't know that Bush still had power to create policy that would affect the national economy. Or direct the Fed in it's QE policies. Or pretty much anything that would have direct or indirect effect to the economy as a whole.

But keep believing that Bush led the economy down the tubes.
By maldini 2014-10-09 16:24:53  

Last I checked, Obama has been President for the past 5 and a half years. I didn't know that Bush still had power to create policy that would affect the national economy. Or direct the Fed in it's QE policies. Or pretty much anything that would have direct or indirect effect to the economy as a whole.

I bet you think that the Presidency comes with a Magic Wand, a Genie and 3 wishes.

There's not enough duct tape in the world to fix the neocon's mess.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 16:27:34  

But keep believing that Bush led the economy down the tubes.[/quote]

He did, and considering we've been out of the recession that Bush put us in for some time, your assertions and premises are all flawed.

It takes more than 5.5~ years to clean up a mess that was 8 (+) in the making, even if the government was working together to fix it, or even with a more competent President, or an entire party of people who have gone on record as refusing to cooperate just because, regardless of the consequences.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-09 16:28:45  
He doesn't have to, we give our job exporters a tax break.

OK
By Kooljack 2014-10-09 16:30:08  
Bush always said history will eventually see he did the 'right' thing in iraq. Now you see this obama guy get caught up in the same ***because it is something of significance for murica to set straight. I would rather be the police of the world and maybe not be the strongest economy because of choosing to fight the battles everyone else is to pussy to fight. I'd rather fight for world justice then be so caught up in ourselves's and our money that maybe in the end we're all worse off letting tyrants do as they please.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 16:33:07  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
He doesn't have to, we give our job exporters a tax break.

That's kind of the joke...
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2014-10-09 16:35:48  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »

Right, because letting massive companies do as they please is such a fantastic idea.

Kingnobody will make a lot of children and make them work when they'll reach 4 years old. Don't you see how fantastic it is?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-10-09 16:36:18  
China's economy just overtook the USA's...

in one metric, and overall it's smaller, especially when you consider china keeps it's own currency down.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-09 16:38:35  
He did, and considering we've been out of the recession that Bush put us in for some time, your assertions and premises are all flawed.

It takes more than 5.5~ years to clean up a mess that was 8 (+) in the making, even if the government was working together to fix it, or even with a more competent President, or an entire party of people who have gone on record as refusing to cooperate just because, regardless of the consequences.
Actually, that mess was "fixed" in less than 2 years. Didn't you get the WH press release back in June of 2010 that said that the recession was over?

Oh wait, that means that Obama's economy is still at fault. Better to say that the recession still isn't over and we are still feeling the effects from Bush.

Oh wait, that means that Obama was lying on his 2012 Presidential campaign when he touted that he solved all of our problems, just like he personally killed Osama Bin Laden. Can't have that.

What a conundrum you are in now, huh Jet? Which lie will you say to protect your lord and savior Obama?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-09 16:42:03  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »

Kingnobody will make a lot of children and make them work when they'll reach 4 years old. Don't you see how fantastic it is?
Maybe that's how the French does it, but I don't endorse slave or child labor.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-09 16:44:05  

Actually, that mess was "fixed" in less than 2 years. Didn't you get the WH press release back in June of 2010 that said that the recession was over?

Oh wait, that means that Obama's economy is still at fault. Better to say that the recession still isn't over and we are still feeling the effects from Bush.

Oh wait, that means that Obama was lying on his 2012 Presidential campaign when he touted that he solved all of our problems, just like he personally killed Osama Bin Laden. Can't have that.

What a conundrum you are in now, huh Jet? Which lie will you say to protect your lord and savior Obama?
I'm still wondering if you're just baiting or THAT delusional.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6