Anti-Vaccination Legislative Win In California

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17
 Asura.Wormfeeder
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-04-18 08:14:46  
They still use mercury in vaccines. But there are vaccines you can get with out mercury but they are single use vials and are far more expensive.
By fonewear 2015-04-18 08:19:35  
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-18 08:49:34  
Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
They still use mercury in vaccines. But there are vaccines you can get with out mercury but they are single use vials and are far more expensive.

The amount of mercury in vaccines is probably comparable to the amount of lead in your average hamburger.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-04-18 09:29:45  
Odin.Jassik said: »
The amount of mercury in vaccines is probably comparable to the amount of lead in your average hamburger.
Or the amount of compassion in the average politician.
By Bloodrose 2015-04-18 09:34:14  
And the type of mercury found in vaccines is benign, and the myth wasn't even true 20+ years ago.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-18 09:40:06  
Odin.Jassik said: »

Lead hamburgers, sounds tasty.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-18 09:40:41  
Bloodrose said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I like the term herd immunity. It implies people are like a bunch of cattle that need to be caged at night, only roam together during the day, fed food that is dictated by the farmer, injected with antibiotics, fattened, and then brought to the slaughterhouse when needed.

Where does one sign up to become a people farmer?
The Church.

The pastors are called the shepherds, and treat people as lost sheep that need to be guided.
Just like government funded scientists?
By Bloodrose 2015-04-18 09:43:34  
Government funded scientists are found on both sides of the political fence.

Even independent researchers that fund their own efforts have come to the same conclusions.

The difference between the Church Shepherds and the pharmaceutical science research departments, is that pharmaceuticals have actually done more to help people, and keep people working, and less dependent on handouts, by keeping people healthier and hale.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-18 09:46:24  
Big Pharma, eh?

There's certainly no deception there to push pills.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-18 09:55:36  
People make a lot of unreasonable claims about pharma industries. The only one that should really be made is that they withhold medicines. I don't remember the legal terms, but when they make a new med they have like 10 years(maybe more idr)of monopoly on that formula, which means that if meanwhile someone in their labs improves it and creates a better version of that med it gets put in a drawer, they wait for that timeframe to expire cause after that the medicine becomes produceable by everyone, and only then they release the new version so they can cash on it for more decades.
This slows progress immensely.

Got a a new medicine for headache that works better? Wait till the previous one is no longer a cashcow, then we will release it.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-18 09:56:34  
Technically, there isn't as big a push for pills as there is to push misconceptions about big pharma from people who stand to gain more financially by spreading lies to people about all natural cures that don't work, aren't regulated, peer-reviewed, tried and tested, etc.

And big pharma, as KN points out in every thread like this, is regulated to hell to meet state and federal standards, which actually becomes an incentive to *not* to do any business, because of how troublesome it can be to meet those regulations, much less the fines involved.

Of course, on every warning label is the sound advice to consult with your doctor before starting the medication or before even getting a vaccine, so you understand what's at risk, whether or not you're at risk, or you end up putting others at risk.

Pharmaceutical companies spend millions of dollars a year, sometimes hundreds of millions depending on the size of the company, on research alone, which doesn't even cover the cost of their employees. The "little guys" that end up gouging the morons hell bent on "not giving into big pharma", end up paying more, while becoming a bigger health risk to themselves, their children, and the people around them, as well as a bigger burden on the already over-taxed medical system as it is.

Hell, 90% of vaccines are already covered by most medical insurance companies. The Homeopathic ***isn't, because there's no reliability, and costs up to 10x more for something less than a placebo effect. And if something happens because of a vaccination, that's covered by insurance as well. But that's all a part of the capitalist system.

You love capitalism, except when it comes to big pharma, because they have to try and make a buck by jumping through as many hoops as possible?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-04-18 10:17:12  
Bloodrose said: »
I like the term herd immunity. It implies people are like a bunch of cattle that need to be caged at night, only roam together during the day, fed food that is dictated by the farmer, injected with antibiotics, fattened, and then brought to the slaughterhouse when needed.

Where does one sign up to become a people farmer?
The Church.

The pastors are called the shepherds, and treat people as lost sheep that need to be guided fleeced.
Fixed.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-18 10:31:22  
I love free markets, not capitalism.

I was going to go into the business of drug recalls and lawsuits that prompt those recalls, but I love the indirect assumptions towards homeopathic 'medicine.'

I like time tested, proven drugs and therapies.

Tried gingka bilbo once a long time ago and broke out in hives. Not too bad, but never again for that.

Tried Prozac once and had to be rushed to the hospital. Never again will I try any SSRIs. That ***is lethal.

Just gimmie my Xanax stop pushing useless anti-depressants on me.

I like teas, just have to be careful what herbs I use.

But *** all these new drugs that they keep coming out in order to make them 'safer.' They just wind up being far worse than any addiction.

To hell with your Ultram and quasi opiates. Just sell me some codeine and oxycodone. Or what they should do is sell opium to smoke.

I trust some girl with hairy armpits talking about my chis (or whatever junk they come up with) just as much as I trust the girl with the big *** in a suit holding a briefcase telling me about this latest safest pill. (They're both full of ***) - Now that's direct capitalism!
[+]
By Primal623 2015-04-18 10:38:47  
I guess I've been fortunate enough to run in social circles where education and science still hold sway, but it wasn't until yesterday that I personally heard the words "I'm not sure about vaccinations" come out of someone's mouth.

I was at a pediatrician's office attending an informal class to decide where I wanted my kid to go. The doctor provided time afterwards for parents to ask 1-on-1 questions with him. The couple in front of me said, and I quote, "I have a question about vaccinations. I know there's a lot of debate about whether vaccinations are safe. Both sides have really good arguments so I'm not sure. I'm studying biochemical engineering, so I'd really like to know your opinion."

The doctor told her a few things- "First, I can't prove that vaccines don't cause autism and these other side effects you've probably read about. It's nearly impossible to prove a negative." ... "I can prove that these diseases are horrible and life-threatening. People today have lost their fear of these diseases because vaccines have done such a tremendous job eliminating them from society. When I was young, there wasn't a family I knew that wasn't terrified of their kids getting polio. Every town had a few people that were crippled by it, and were constant in-our-face reminders of how terrible these diseases can be."

I was entranced by his 20 minute dialog on the subject to this couple, and I think they left convinced. What I do know however, is this guy will be my kid's doctor.
By fonewear 2015-04-18 10:42:08  

I was going to go into the business of drug recalls and lawsuits that prompt those recalls, but I love the indirect assumptions towards homeopathic 'medicine.'

Tried gingka bilbo once a long time ago and broke out in hives. Not too bad, but never again for that.

Tried Prozac once and had to be rushed to the hospital. Never again will I try any SSRIs. That ***is lethal.

But *** all these new drugs that they keep coming out in order to make them 'safer.' They just wind up being far worse than any addiction.

To hell with your Ultram and quasi opiates. Just sell me some codeine and oxycodone. Or what they should do is sell opium to smoke.

I trust some girl with hairy armpits talking about my chis (or whatever junk they come up with) just as much as I trust the girl with the big *** in a suit holding a briefcase telling me about this latest safest pill. (They're both full of ***) - Now that's direct capitalism!

You know the drug is bad when the side effect is suicidal thoughts/tendencies...

Side bar I'd like to meet the big *** in a suit though !
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-18 11:26:47  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
People make a lot of unreasonable claims about pharma industries. The only one that should really be made is that they withhold medicines. I don't remember the legal terms, but when they make a new med they have like 10 years(maybe more idr)of monopoly on that formula, which means that if meanwhile someone in their labs improves it and creates a better version of that med it gets put in a drawer, they wait for that timeframe to expire cause after that the medicine becomes produceable by everyone, and only then they release the new version so they can cash on it for more decades.
This slows progress immensely.

Got a a new medicine for headache that works better? Wait till the previous one is no longer a cashcow, then we will release it.

I'm not sure about the withholding meds part, but the normal pharma patent lasts 20 years from the time of filing. Afaik, during this time frame, the drugs then go through the testing phases and have to get FDA approval. After all that, the drug is on the market for 5-10 years as a prescription only drug. You can always tell when a drugs patent is about to run out, because it suddenly because available as Over the Counter. Its the same exact drug as before, its just the company is about to have a lot of competition since several other companies will be releasing their own packaging of it.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-18 11:48:29  
fish has mercury in it. maybe fishsticks cause autism. kids love fish sticks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-18 12:12:20  
Valefor.Endoq said: »

Trust Dr. Oz the Gorton's Fisherman.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-18 12:24:58  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
What are they, gay fish?
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-04-18 12:28:01  
Kind of like cancer treatment, it's a $150 billion dollar per year industry why would they want a cure.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-18 12:31:48  
Kind of like cancer treatment, it's a $150 billion dollar per year industry why would they want a cure.

So shut up and buy my snake oil. Made with free range rattlers guaranteed to cure rickets, cancer, being gay and racism.

Order now and you'll get one vial of 'climate-B-gone' absolutely free. Clears up melting sea ice in three easy steps.
By Primal623 2015-04-18 12:36:50  
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
As for vaccines still containing mercury, that's only found in huge "communal dose" vials. You know the ones: About five inches high, wide, circular bottles the doctors jam needles into.
However, you're more likely to find such bottles in third-world countries these days than you would in the U.S where most, if not all, such medications come in single dose "use and toss" syringes. There's also two kinds of mercury (the type you'd find in a thermometer, aka "the bad mercury", and the secondary type is naturally occurring in most if not all living organisms in such miniscule amounts that it's harmless), so that's basically an unfounded fear.
Aside from having just Googled it, they still do this with the flu vaccine (at least at CVS Pharmacy). My wife was advised by her doctor to specifically request a single-use dose because she is pregnant. Most "free" flu shots come from those communal vials, so we had to pay a minor amount to get a single-use dose.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-04-18 12:56:34  
This is just fun sitting back and watching. lol This just shows me how many people out there are like lemmings. Believe everything goverment tells them and takes stuff they say as fact. 9/11 was not a inside job and cancer is not cureable and vaccines are safe. LMAO give me a break people are brain washed. You can not trust anything from the FDA or big pharma they lie just to sell there toxic product's. I guess people do not see what is going on because they are dumbed down by the floridated water. Do some real research spend days digging. The amount of curuption out there is crazy. They do not care about the people they only care about the $$$
By Bloodrose 2015-04-18 13:00:23  

I have to like this, because it's a fair enough assessment, and a pretty honest response. And it really is a free market choice to choose who to trust. I just wasn't sure because you used to call me out on hating capitalism all the time lol
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-18 13:03:53  
I think Ryanx has seen one too many Lordgrim videos.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-04-18 13:04:42  
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
This is just fun sitting back and watching. lol This just shows me how many people out there are like lemmings. Believe everything goverment tells them and takes stuff they say as fact. 9/11 was not a inside job and cancer is not cureable and vaccines are safe. LMAO give me a break people are brain washed. You can not trust anything from the FDA or big pharma they lie just to sell there toxic product's. I guess people do not see what is going on because they are dumbed down by the floridated water. Do some real research spend days digging. The amount of curuption out there is crazy. They do not care about the people they only care about the $$$
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-18 13:08:27  
Capitalism is meh. It has its pros, but as a way of life, it's awful.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-18 13:09:15  
The mooning landing took place at Studio 54.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-18 13:11:57  
Communal doses of flu shots with mercury, where do I sign up? CVS. Sweets!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17