users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Escha Sky T2 Strategies - Pallila & Yilan
Escha Sky T2 Strategies - Pallila & Yilan
 Odin.Taberif
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-02-25 12:06:59  
why are you asking for strats if youre just going to refuse those offered?
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 12:09:53  
One of our BST was fine, he's got stars and was carrying the damage pretty much. I would say out of the players we had, those who carried us was 1) the whm, 2) me, as I was rolling for pets and blms in the same party, and doing decent damage in-between 3) the BST with stars, but not much else really as the rest are definitely not the best DDs in the LS. If I dragged a few of our regular Vagary LS peeps along (one of them working on Aeonic and kills high tier NMs with a JP LS) they would have died very easily.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 12:11:59  
Odin.Taberif said: »
why are you asking for strats if youre just going to refuse those offered?

I'm sure I already thanked everyone for their contributions and I've already taken a lot from it. I do have some problems with who we ran with last night, but I can fix it next week. A number of the strats posted were only for low man, and we simply can't do it that way. As for any strats that are for 6+ more players, they are really helpful and I'm sure will help other groups who read this as there's a lack of information on certain NM.
 Asura.Cyleena
サーバ: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-25 12:12:58  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I simply underestimated the NMs last night. We breezed through the Zitah NMs with 12 of us, so I assumed we wouldn't have trouble bringing a brd with 2 songs, and a cor in espial. Obviously they won't get in next week.

I have one question about a pet setup. We're probably going to have a pet party of BSTx3 SMN COR and GEO, what buffs would the GEO use with that setup? Also I'm assuming a PLD+WHM in the other party would be enough? (Our WHM is awesome btw, and the PLD ain't bad either.) I was using Puppet Roll for my dads SMN when he was going for MBs (like Holy Mist on Yilan), and the obvious BST/DRG rolls any other time.

Edit: And yeah Cyleena, the COR was a friend of the RDM, and he really wanted to bring him along as they're best buds. He wanted his rolls so he could self SC, and he was doing it OK at times, but it wasn't as reliable as a SCH or SAM.

Geo should use Geo languor for pet jobs, and probably Indi-torp.

Edit: For cor rolls would be puppets roll and companions roll I think.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 12:14:43  
Asura.Cyleena said: »
I simply underestimated the NMs last night. We breezed through the Zitah NMs with 12 of us, so I assumed we wouldn't have trouble bringing a brd with 2 songs, and a cor in espial. Obviously they won't get in next week.

I have one question about a pet setup. We're probably going to have a pet party of BSTx3 SMN COR and GEO, what buffs would the GEO use with that setup? Also I'm assuming a PLD+WHM in the other party would be enough? (Our WHM is awesome btw, and the PLD ain't bad either.) I was using Puppet Roll for my dads SMN when he was going for MBs (like Holy Mist on Yilan), and the obvious BST/DRG rolls any other time.

Edit: And yeah Cyleena, the COR was a friend of the RDM, and he really wanted to bring him along as they're best buds. He wanted his rolls so he could self SC, and he was doing it OK at times, but it wasn't as reliable as a SCH or SAM.

Nice one thanks, I'm useless with knowing which GEO bubbles work in situations. And yeah, I've been mixing pet and mage jobs and have seen how difficult it is to coordinate SCs without the BSTS or SMN interfering. So it's one or the other going forward, and hopefully better results.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-25 12:17:19  
This is going to be tough for me because we have at least 9-10 members who really want to do these, and I don't want to leave anyone out. Add in the fact we don't have a dedicated SCH (unless I ask around), and some of the setups posted above are simply not possible unless 1) I take 10-12 (or more) of us, or 2) I turn people away and then try to do a second run working around their jobs and asking others who already cleared to help get them clears.

I only do this event once a week on a Wednesday; and I only like to run it for a few hours each time, so repeated runs is not something I want to do, as I have other things to do with my time.

Those who posted solo, duo or trio strats are not helping the cause. Yes, I could just ask some epic SMN to solo it for us, but where's the fun in that?? There is none. Great for the SMN, but we want to beat this with the group of players we have, no matter how many we take. It's a ball ache we get penalized for bringing more people. It would be more so to have to rotate, especially for a T2 NM. Again, I know it was mostly down to the way I set it up, we would have killed both had I focused the alliance on the mages, or the pets specifically.

The LS had trouble with Vagary in the summer. It took us a while to learn the strats, practice them, lose horribly (with some wasted Plouton pops due to deaths), and other such things til we perfected it. Now we kill all the Vagary NMs without thinking about it, even if some of the regulars don't show up, I know exactly how to set it up, and what to tell them. It's only a matter of time til we nail it, and as Cyleena said, if they can take a full alliance of players to these NMs, then we can as well. I'll just have to show the weak links the door, or if we do, put them on a job which isn't so important.

I'm going to continue to take as many as we can. While it's not the most conventional way, I'm not a conventional leader. I like to do things differently, and if that means we have to endure more losses til we get it right, then so be it. We will grow stronger through making mistakes, as we have done since I made the LS. :)

Or you consistently start your runs 45 minutes before people get home from work. :)

And honestly, those offering to help and explaining their routines with these NM's shouldn't be discounted. From my personal observatons, you're fairly new to Escha and just now starting to see the cause and effects of doing these low-tier NM's with a large group of people. Just wait until you start attempting T3's.

If you haven't already, you'll soon start seeing the fallout of having under-geared jobs in your runs, or the wrong kinds of jobs. As a leader also, I can fully understand the pains in wanting everyone to be able to participate. But the harsh reality is those members are going to need to bring to the table alternate job options and/or step up their gear to satisfactory end-game levels, if they want the clears.

Your best bet, in my opinion, is to take multiple groups through in small numbers (8-ish is the magic number). This will bring the NM's HP down to manageable levels and allow you to steamroll through the clears while rotating people in and out.

Having chatted with Cyleena about the dynamics of accomodating a large group, I can also understand when doing clears in small groups at a time may not be doable, or as easy to implement for whatever reason(s).

All I know is, when I do T2's or whatever, I set up multiple identical parties filled with balanced players/jobs. I don't stack all the stronger members in 1 party and leave weaker jobs to fend for themselves in another group. It's not hard to coordinate a concerted effort like that.

Hit me up in-game or here if you have any questions about those or any other NM's you're attempting or plan to attempt. I'll help in any way that I can.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 12:18:25  

Hmm Puppet and Companion? Which pets would you suggest for the BSTs? I think they were using the lizard last night.

Edit: Thanks Avalon, appreciated. Just like when I was learning Vagary, I ask a lot of questions and leave no stone unturned. And I hope others don't see me as not appreciating feedback, because I do. As the leader I need to know these NMs inside and out, and I may have to be stricter with who we take in future. I wasn't going to take anyone to a T3 that's for sure :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-25 12:18:49  

Nice one thanks, I'm useless with knowing which GEO bubbles work in situations. And yeah, I've been mixing pet and mage jobs and have seen how difficult it is to coordinate SCs without the BSTS or SMN interfering. So it's one or the other going forward, and hopefully better results.

Definitely will want Geo Languor. The indi spell could vary but Torp probably best bet in that situation since you not taking mages. Could always entrust refresh on whm if mp becomes a issue, which it should not be too bad if using pet jobs, and can always use temp items you get in Escha for mp. Edited other post to include cor rolls.
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-25 12:22:48  

Hmm Puppet and Companion? Which pets would you suggest for the BSTs? I think they were using the lizard last night.

Smn should definitely use ifrit. Lizard should be ok since Yilan very weak to fire. Also, if cor has wildfire it works good on it too.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-02-25 12:28:40  
im really curious why you are using languor and torpor. we have not had any acc issues using ifrit and puppet/beast malaise/frail
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 12:29:16  

Smn should definitely use ifrit. Lizard should be ok since Yilan very weak to fire. Also, if cor has wildfire it works good on it too.

Yeah my Wildfire was great. I didn't want to interrupt the RDMs skillchain, but when he died I spammed it for decent damage. With BST pets it won't matter, I can just do their rolls, put rolls on myself (TP/MAB would be nice), then burn it alive.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-25 12:31:56  

Yeah my Wildfire was great. I didn't want to interrupt the RDMs skillchain, but when he died I spammed it for decent damage. With BST pets it won't matter, I can just do their rolls, put rolls on myself (TP/MAB would be nice), then burn it alive.

Give me a GEO and COR and my SMN will carry your group to get you these Vorseals.

Easy peasy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 12:35:15  
So more questions about the big bird.

1) Should I hand the pop items over to the PLD so we can just ignore the adds? Do the adds have wonky hate (like Vagary) or will they stay on the PLD as long as no one hits them?

2) How do we do a Earth MB with a pet setup? Or does it not matter if we take the aura down? Someone said we should take it down, while others say it doesn't matter as long as the DD are good enough.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-25 12:41:31  
im really curious why you are using languor and torpor. we have not had any acc issues using ifrit and puppet/beast malaise/frail

You can use those as well. If you are not having any accuracy issues then play around with your buffs. Companions offers regain and Regen if you are having problems with pets dieing, or want tp faster. Puppet and bst rolls are probably ok as well. I do not know how well geared the smn and bst are for the accuracy needed for those NM, so offered the bubbles that are normally used for higher tier NM (talking higher then t2 NM).

You will find the higher the tier of NM you are doing the more you will probably need Languor or even Torp. Especially once you hit T3 in Escha RuAun. Like Vir'ava is very evasive the T3 Morta, or higher mobs even in Reisenjima.
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-25 12:44:18  

1) Should I hand the pop items over to the PLD so we can just ignore the adds? Do the adds have wonky hate (like Vagary) or will they stay on the PLD as long as no one hits them?

2) How do we do a Earth MB with a pet setup? Or does it not matter if we take the aura down? Someone said we should take it down, while others say it doesn't matter as long as the DD are good enough.

Have the pld pop it. The adds will stay on the pld unless someone aga them I believe.Pets might do AOE that hits them though causing them to get on pets. Normally birds will not go for mages etc unless someone does an aga spell that hits them.

Not really sure about the Earth MB with pet setup. I do not play pet jobs besides rare smn, and we do not use pet jobs normally in our setups unless we use rare smn for Kirin V2, or for mewing on higher tier Reisenjima NM.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 12:46:18  

Have the pld pop it. The adds will stay on the pld unless someone aga them I believe.Pets might do AOE that hits them though causing them to get on pets. Normally birds will not go for mages etc unless someone does an aga spell that hits them.

Not really sure about the Earth MB with pet setup. I do not play pet jobs besides rare smn, and we do not use pet jobs normally in our setups unless we use rare smn for Kirin V2, or for mewing on higher tier Reisenjima NM.

What about PLD and myself doing darkness? We could do CDC > Leaden > Geocrush MB perhaps? After playing around with FFXIcalc I figured out that Savage Blade > Last Stand gives Light as well; which could have some use on Yilan.
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-25 12:46:46  
For Palila, I went on blu and let another pld tank the NM. When adds popped, One Spectral Floe + Tenebral Crush always killed them. Sometimes a BLM aoed as well but it wasn't necessary.

I popped, stood separate from the tank and from the mages so the healers had time to recognize that I was about to get hit. I had aquaveil in a -DT kit, as well as Barrier Tusk and Reactor Cool.

I killed one pair of adds with 4 subductions, just to see.

My blu has okay gear. I think the biggest thing you want your blu to have is strong mab weapons. (Vampirisms, or Iris augmented for MAB). A full set certainly is ideal.

I'm swapping to Vampirism/Vampirism Ghastly Tathlum+1
Assim. Keffiyeh +1, stoichean medal, hecates, fromisi
Samnuha Coat, Perfect Leyline (Amalric also work), shiva rings
JSE mantle, Refoccilation Stone, Gyve Trousers, Hashishin Basmak +1

You could also use two tanks, have the OT pop so the adds to to them while the MT holds the boss.

Also, this boss is sleepable, as I found out when playing with the adds.

---

For Yilan manaburn, I went PLD/RUN Ochain keeping Ice resistance up. I also put on Founders Greaves for the Terror Resistance. We ignored the adds.

I feel like any PLD/RUN in a 50% kit with Ochain or Priwen should be able to hold the boss and ignore the adds. I think I did the first few wins in a breath kit (which mainly means wearing Scuffler's Cosciales for me to cap) before switching to my normal set.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 12:55:44  
I appreciate the feedback Omnys, but we don't have a dedicated BLU at the moment. Also I'm interested to know why you would kill the adds when they appear to respawn (almost) immediately? Or did you just keep killing them every time? Also Palila is sleepable? Crazy.
 Odin.Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-02-25 12:58:27  
adds go after who popped. they will stay on who popped if you dont perform any actions on them.(this is really nice if you have 2 tanks)

just try buffing your SMN using astral conduit and spamming geocrush and come tell us how that worked.
[+]
 Odin.Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-02-25 13:01:22  
pld/blu should take 0 dmg from adds if they keep phalanx protect cocoon up
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 13:01:39  
adds go after who popped. they will stay on who popped if you dont perform any actions on them.(this is really nice if you have 2 tanks)

just try buffing your SMN using astral conduit and spamming geocrush and come tell us how that worked.

My dad sure loves his Astral Conduit. I might get stuck in there as melee COR and do self Wildfire Darkness on the big bird so he can MB it to death (we did this on a T2 Zitah NM to great effect). The only downfall I see is the BST pets interrupting, or myself getting killed. Hmmm, decisions decisions. Either way I can set it up quickly and we play in the same room so I can give him cues.
 Odin.Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-02-25 13:08:56  
just let him spam as many geocrushes as he can get off dont worry about skillchain during conduit
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 13:11:53  
just let him spam as many geocrushes as he can get off dont worry about skillchain during conduit

Yeah he doesn't hold back on his conduit. One time he decided to do that ***during Plouton and healed it so much it warped! Yes, he's in his 50s and makes mistakes, and when he does, they are epic. I'll try get Darkness in there as he starts.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-02-25 13:21:44  
So I'm going to do some work now and leave this thread alone. Yes, we are gimp, inexperienced, and we were tired and lacking decent buffs. We could ask Avalon to come along and solo all the NMs for us, but he already helped us in the summer when we started doing Vagary, so we'll figure it out ourselves this time.

I appreciate all the feedback. I saw a video of a JP SCH soloing the big bird after 12 of us wiped to it (twice) last night, and it made my heart sink a little. This is just a minor roadblock on our path to the higher tier. I'll try not to take anymore than 8 players at a time, and if needs be, repeat tiers for those who missed out. After all, It's better to kill the NM with 8, then fail over and over with 12.

We will run again next Wednesday and focus solely on these two NM til they are dead. When we're done I'll let you guys know we suck a little less. This is easy to some of you, but to us this is new, fresh content, and whether we win, or lose, we will enjoy it together. :)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-25 13:25:13  
So I'm going to do some work now and leave this thread alone. Yes, we are gimp, inexperienced, and we were tired and lacking decent buffs. We could ask Avalon to come along and solo all the NMs for us, but he already helped us in the summer when we started doing Vagary, so we'll figure it out ourselves this time.

I appreciate all the feedback. I saw a video of a JP SCH soloing the big bird after 12 of us wiped to it (twice) last night, and it made my heart sink a little. This is just a minor roadblock on our path to the higher tier. I'll try not to take anymore than 8 players at a time, and if needs be, repeat tiers for those who missed out. After all, It's better to kill the NM with 8, then fail over and over with 12.

We will run again next Wednesday and focus solely on these two NM til they are dead. When we're done I'll let you guys know we suck a little less. This is easy to some of you, but to us this is new, fresh content, and whether we win or lose, we will enjoy it together. :)

Look at it as a learning experience. Every fail you learn something new. Whether its need different setup, learn about the NM itself, whatever. Take from each experience and use it to better yourself and your group. Practice will make perfect and pretty soon it will be dead before you know it, and you will be moving on to bigger and better things. Good luck with these, and I wish your ls lots of success, great teamwork, great learning experiences, and most importantly fun times.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-25 13:35:30  

We will run again next Wednesday and focus solely on these two NM til they are dead. When we're done I'll let you guys know we suck a little less. This is easy to some of you, but to us this is new, fresh content, and whether we win, or lose, we will enjoy it together. :)

It's no problem to get the help you need for the Vorseals/Clears and then go back to farm items.

I forgot Quilly has SMN also. While I have no clue what his gear is like, maybe let him know that it's possible to hit 99999 Flaming Crushes on Yilan and consistent damage on Palila. It's really gear/JP-based but he still might be able to do some damage.

If you have 2 SMN you can do things like Predator Claws > Flaming Crush for Light SC. If you wanted to get fancy you could do the aforementioned SC then both SMN Apogee 2x Meteor Strike MB's for additional damages.

Food for thought if you don't have SCH's.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-25 13:36:09  
I appreciate the feedback Omnys, but we don't have a dedicated BLU at the moment. Also I'm interested to know why you would kill the adds when they appear to respawn (almost) immediately? Or did you just keep killing them every time? Also Palila is sleepable? Crazy.

Another player's best geared job was PLD. although mine was better geared, I chose to provide relief/support to ensure a win.
[+]