Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 82 83 84
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-21 12:50:50  
fonewear said: »
Why don't you come in with Trump and join us for the big win !

we gotta try and keep our heads until this peace craze blows over

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 12:53:16  
I want to be the first kid on my block with a confirmed kill !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 12:53:49  
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 12:55:33  
It's 2017 and we are still waiting for this peace craze to blow over...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-21 12:58:11  
OK, this is about as random as politics gets.

Milwaukee County requires Pokémon Go and AR/VR games to get land use permits

Venture Beat

Quote:
When you own land, you often own the rights to minerals, oil, or metals beneath it. Do you also own the right to virtual or mixed reality creations on it? And do you have the legal ability to legislate their use or positioning over virtual representations of your property?

That’s what Milwaukee County appears to be saying.

The county beside Lake Michigan has passed an ordinance requiring companies creating virtual or mixed reality creations in apps to get a permit to locate them in the real world. Niantic, the company behind Pokémon Go, would have to pay between $100 and $1,000 in order to assign Pokéstops inside public parks, for instance, and to allow the game’s creatures to roam there.

This is an interesting precedent.

Actual property can be owned, of course, and virtual property can be as well. Second Life, for instance, is in its second decade of selling virtual property, and it’s moving into VR. But mixed or augmented reality is a new kettle of fish.

Augmented reality is a virtual overlay on actual reality, painting digital objects over analog backgrounds. The digital objects — whether monsters in a game, tools in a Microsoft Hololens, or directions on a real-time mapping systems — don’t impinge on “reality” in any way.

However, they do have impacts.

The county has had an influx of mobile game players who, it says, added traffic, left trash, potentially affected ecologically sensitive dunes, and cost the sheriff’s department extra due to required security.

On the one hand, public spaces are public, and people have a right to go there. On the other hand, the digital world is having an increasing impact on the physical world. Ask the neighborhood restaurant that was flooded with foodies after the Michelin Guide — the gourmet’s bible — mistakenly awarded it a Michelin star.

The state of Illinois is apparently considering a similar statute, so this appears to be something the mobile games industry — and perhaps the entire mobile and mixed-reality community — will have to deal with.

The result could be chaos and gridlock, as mixed reality and augmented reality seek ways to get permits for thousands of global locales and legislative areas.

And the costs could cripple a still-young industry.
I should probably repost this under Pokemon Go in Arcade.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 13:00:03  
I think we can get the Pokemon Go players deported...maybe to Canada !
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-21 13:01:11  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I do remember the MSM being very negative during Bush's reelection.
He stole the election / hanging chad / etc etc etc
He did not. It was handed to him by the Supremes.

Don't overlook the fact that his brother was governor of Florida which could have or may not have played a factor.
By fonewear 2017-02-21 13:03:30  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Don't overlook the fact that his brother was governor of Florida which could have or may not have played a factor.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-02-21 13:03:37  
No, it was handed to him by the people.

More specifically, by the people in Florida.

The final tally was:

B: 2,912,790
G: 2,912,253

In a winner-take-all contest, that gave Bush the 25 EC votes he needed. All the Supreme Court did was to tell the detractors to shut up and moveon.org.

Bush won. Get over it.
And I'm sure that's how you would have reacted if it had been the other way... mhm...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 13:05:13  

Venture Beat

Quote:
When you own land, you often own the rights to minerals, oil, or metals beneath it. Do you also own the right to virtual or mixed reality creations on it? And do you have the legal ability to legislate their use or positioning over virtual representations of your property?

That’s what Milwaukee County appears to be saying.

The county beside Lake Michigan has passed an ordinance requiring companies creating virtual or mixed reality creations in apps to get a permit to locate them in the real world. Niantic, the company behind Pokémon Go, would have to pay between $100 and $1,000 in order to assign Pokéstops inside public parks, for instance, and to allow the game’s creatures to roam there.

This is an interesting precedent.

Actual property can be owned, of course, and virtual property can be as well. Second Life, for instance, is in its second decade of selling virtual property, and it’s moving into VR. But mixed or augmented reality is a new kettle of fish.

Augmented reality is a virtual overlay on actual reality, painting digital objects over analog backgrounds. The digital objects — whether monsters in a game, tools in a Microsoft Hololens, or directions on a real-time mapping systems — don’t impinge on “reality” in any way.

However, they do have impacts.

The county has had an influx of mobile game players who, it says, added traffic, left trash, potentially affected ecologically sensitive dunes, and cost the sheriff’s department extra due to required security.

On the one hand, public spaces are public, and people have a right to go there. On the other hand, the digital world is having an increasing impact on the physical world. Ask the neighborhood restaurant that was flooded with foodies after the Michelin Guide — the gourmet’s bible — mistakenly awarded it a Michelin star.

The state of Illinois is apparently considering a similar statute, so this appears to be something the mobile games industry — and perhaps the entire mobile and mixed-reality community — will have to deal with.

The result could be chaos and gridlock, as mixed reality and augmented reality seek ways to get permits for thousands of global locales and legislative areas.

And the costs could cripple a still-young industry.
I should probably repost this under Pokemon Go in Arcade.
Legally speaking, the county does have the right to request permits for public spaces.

This is new territory, as augmented reality has no legal definitions, and probably can be considered nonproperty, or intangible property (meaning, the state cannot issue permits or deeds of such property. They can issue proprietary deeds, such as patents, on properties though, but this would go beyond the scope of a legally defined proprietary deed.).

I guess it's up for the courts to decide, because I'm sure that somebody is going to sue over this.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 13:06:27  
I'm sure the Pokemon Go will be taken to the Supreme court in Pikachu vs Random Asian number 1
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 13:07:26  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

The final tally was:

In a winner-take-all contest, that gave Bush the 25 EC votes he needed. All the Supreme Court did was to tell the detractors to shut up and moveon.org.

Bush won. Get over it.
And I'm sure that's how you would have reacted if it had been the other way... mhm...
Actually, yes I would have. Given that the events took place 16 years ago, given my personality, I would have moved passed that part a long time ago.

Case in point: I never once claimed that Obama shouldn't have been elected. I got over the fact that he was, and only attacked him on his policies/administration.
By fonewear 2017-02-21 13:07:30  
Donny here how do you guys feel today ?

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-02-21 13:07:53  
Personally I wish the media would be critical of all elected officials more so than they are right now on a partisan level... it's supposed to be like that... it's supposed to keep em honest and let's be real here most politicians regardless of political afilliation has an issue with honesty...

Right now it just all seems like people are focusing on whatever they want to hear... those that support trump eat up anything good about him and de ty anything negative as fake... those that want to hear anything bad about him eat that up and refuse to believe he could do anything good and they mostly just take potshots on stuff and acts more like a smokescreen while other important things get little or no coverage... it's all there for ratings either way... playing to their crowds...

But boy that Hannity... idk if he could get trumps *** any further down his throat...
By fonewear 2017-02-21 13:08:39  
Donny it's so nice of you to join us we are discussing virtual reality and legal things I think !
By fonewear 2017-02-21 13:09:41  
What I want to know King is if I kill someone in VR do I go to a virtual court to stand trial ?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 13:11:51  
it's supposed to keep em honest and let's be real here most politicians regardless of political afilliation has an issue with honesty...
Most? Try all.

Right now it just all seems like people are focusing on whatever they want to hear...
Right now? Try "Since the Dawn of Time"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-02-21 13:12:08  

The final tally was:

Bush won. Get over it.
Actually, yes I would have. Given that the events took place 16 years ago, given my personality, I would have moved passed that part a long time ago.

Case in point: I never once claimed that Obama shouldn't have been elected. I got over the fact that he was, and only attacked him on his policies/administration.
Sav is the one that brought it up... it was controversial at the time... wasn't that another one where he lost the popular vote too?

In any case I thought you were referencing it at the time it happened...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 13:12:49  
What I want to know King is if I kill someone in VR do I go to a virtual court to stand trial ?
I don't know.

Let's experiment!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-02-21 13:13:59  
it's supposed to keep em honest and let's be real here most politicians regardless of political afilliation has an issue with honesty...
Most? Try all.

Right now it just all seems like people are focusing on whatever they want to hear...
Right now? Try "Since the Dawn of Time"
Not all... there are some decent politicians out there...

Not really on that either... for the most part throughout history people were more focused on just surviving...
By fonewear 2017-02-21 13:14:52  
I don't know.

Let's experiment!

You got to post obscure anime to make him appear !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 13:16:46  
Sav is the one that brought it up..
Actually, the quote train goes back to Candlejack. Savael just didn't quote him on it.

it was controversial at the time... wasn't that another one where he lost the popular vote too?
Same election bub.

In any case I thought you were referencing it at the time it happened...
Chanti made the reference to the Supreme Court case that "determined" the election. I corrected her by saying that the final count was what was at hand, and not the Supreme Court (or, as some may put it as a conspiracy theory, Jeb Bush's hand into it) ruling.

Please follow with the conversation.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-21 13:18:52  

Venture Beat

Legally speaking, the county does have the right to request permits for public spaces.

This is new territory, as augmented reality has no legal definitions, and probably can be considered nonproperty, or intangible property (meaning, the state cannot issue permits or deeds of such property. They can issue proprietary deeds, such as patents, on properties though, but this would go beyond the scope of a legally defined proprietary deed.).

I guess it's up for the courts to decide, because I'm sure that somebody is going to sue over this.
I think of intangible property as like my house in XIV or the land in Second Life.

What we have here is a game played in RL locations. Which might just be able to be permitted and therefore become a revenue source for a county, state, or municipality. To me, that it is an augmented reality game is immaterial (pun accidental but noted.)

I have to reserve, and pay for picnic tables and game facilities in parks. I can also use them for free on an as available basis, the payment is for the reservation around here not for use.

Public camping spots in parks, I pay for use.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 13:18:55  
Not all... there are some decent politicians out there...
Name them.

Not really on that either... for the most part throughout history people were more focused on just surviving...
If you are going by primal instincts. Even then, going by primal instincts, man has been known to listen to what they want to hear....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 13:20:51  
Edit better Chanti, that's why we pay you the big bucks most FFXIAH Gems!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 13:21:12  
I can name a bunch of decent politicians....wait...check back with me later !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 13:26:49  
I don't know.

Let's experiment!

You got to post obscure anime to make him appear !
I got better bait for Kojo than that.

Quote:
Sorry chaps, I know you're trying to attract Kojo but all you caught was a Meshi. Sad day for all. Anyway, pic is bordering on attracting the wrath of the Google overlords so I had to save it for later destroy it for the good of all.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 13:43:00  
I can name a bunch of decent politicians....wait...check back with me later !

Abe Lincoln I did it just had to go back in time a bit !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 13:44:53  
Washington Post tells people how to commit treason.

Long story short, they give you details on how to break the law.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 82 83 84