Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 82 83 84
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-21 13:53:34  
fonewear said: »
I can name a bunch of decent politicians....wait...check back with me later !
Fiorello H. La Guardia

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Edit better Chanti, that's why we pay you the big bucks most FFXIAH Gems!
Yeah, lousy editing on that one. /blush
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 14:01:18  
Captain Buzzkill said: »
Sorry chaps, I know you're trying to attract Kojo but all you caught was a Meshi. Sad day for all. Anyway, pic is bordering on attracting the wrath of the Google overlords so I had to save it for later destroy it for the good of all.
/tosses another line.

By fonewear 2017-02-21 14:19:26  
Better stop that King or the RT people will be in here !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 14:20:09  
This will keep the RT people out:

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-02-21 14:23:41  
politics to blame for rising stress levels
By fonewear 2017-02-21 14:24:08  

Nonsense I blame spending time with family and loved ones !
By fonewear 2017-02-21 14:28:14  
Who needs mods we could run this website ourselves:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-21 14:37:32  
You are winning Nicky
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-21 14:38:01  
If politics stress you out try drinking cured me right up !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 14:40:18  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
You are winning Nicky
We aren't used to winning.

We are more used at being the dog you kick, not the dog that bites.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-21 14:57:32  
Yiannopoulos resigned from something something...don't appear on Bill Maher if you're fringe.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-21 15:05:58  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Yiannopoulos resigned from something something...don't appear on Bill Maher if you're in favor of sex with 13 year olds.
Fixed
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 15:15:02  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Yiannopoulos resigned from something something...don't appear on Bill Maher if you're in favor of being misquoted for an agenda.
Fixed
Fixed

Here's the quote in question:

Quote:
Milo: “This is a controversial point of view I accept. We get hung up on this kind of child abuse stuff to the point where we’re heavily policing even relationships between consenting adults, you know grad students and professors at universities.”

The men in the joint video interview then discuss Milo’s experience at age 14.

Another man says: “The whole consent thing for me. It’s not this black and white thing that people try to paint it. Are there some 13-year-olds out there capable of giving informed consent to have sex with an adult, probably…”

The man says, “The reason these age of consent laws exist is because we have to set some kind of a barometer here, we’ve got to pick some kind of an age…”

Milo: “The law is probably about right, that’s probably roughly the right age. I think it’s probably about okay, but there are certainly people who are capable of giving consent at a younger age, I certainly consider myself to be one of them, people who are sexually active younger. I think it particularly happens in the gay world by the way. In many cases actually those relationships with older men…This is one reason I hate the left. This stupid one size fits all policing of culture. (People speak over each other). This sort of arbitrary and oppressive idea of consent, which totally destroys you know understanding that many of us have. The complexities and subtleties and complicated nature of many relationships. You know, people are messy and complex. In the homosexual world particularly. Some of those relationships between younger boys and older men, the sort of coming of age relationships, the relationships in which those older men help those young boys to discover who they are, and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable and sort of a rock where they can’t speak to their parents. Some of those relationships are the most -”

It sounds like Catholic priest molestation to me, another man says, interrupting Milo.

Milo: “And you know what, I’m grateful for Father Michael. I wouldn’t give nearly such good head if it wasn’t for him.”

Other people talk. Oh my God, I can’t handle it, one man says. The next thing in line is going to be pedophilia…says another man.

Milo: “You’re misunderstanding what pedophilia means. Pedophilia is not a sexual attraction to somebody 13-years-old who is sexually mature. Pedophilia is attraction to children who have not reached puberty. Pedophilia is attraction to people who don’t have functioning sex organs yet. Who have not gone through puberty. Who are too young to be able (unclear and cut off by others)…That’s not what we are talking about. You don’t understand what pedophilia is if you are saying I’m defending it because I’m certainly not.”

Another man said, “You are advocating for cross generational relationships here, can we be honest about that?”

Milo: “Yeah, I don’t mind admitting that. I think particularly in the gay world and outside the Catholic church, if that’s where some of you want to go with this, I think in the gay world, some of the most important, enriching and incredibly life affirming, important shaping relationships very often between younger boys and older men, they can be hugely positive experiences for those young boys. They can even save those young boys, from desolation, from suicide (people talk over each other)… providing they’re consensual.”

Protip: He isn't in favor of it, he is outlying his viewpoint based on his perception of being gay and sexually active at a young age.

Protip 2:Everyone's viewpoint will always be different, especially on issues like this. Viewpoints are based on one's experiences and lives, which is a perfect example of what he said.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-21 15:26:46  
You are winning Nicky

WE??!! You have become one of Nicky's evil minions?

I wasn't talking republicans, I was talking evil wanabe overlords.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 15:30:19  
You are winning Nicky

WE??!! You have become one of Nicky's evil minions?

I wasn't talking republicans, I was talking evil wanabe overlords.
Wait, who said I'm a minion.

Nik and I are rivals at this website's "Evil Overlord Over Everything Evil" title.

He's winning now because he posts in the most evil of threads. But mark my word, I will take over his evilness.

......as soon as my weather machine works right....
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-02-21 15:33:17  
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-21 15:35:39  
They're like The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 15:50:02  
Candlejack said: »
In as little as 24 hours, Breitbart's Milo Yiannopoulos has...
Lost his last speaking engagement, lost his publisher, and lost his job with Breitbart. Always a good day when a Trumpanzee's life goes down the tubes fast.

Makes you wonder why the media is so fixated with him now, as to do character assassination against him.

I mean, it's not like he is relevant at all. In fact, it's almost like they are targeting him because he is a gay conservative who's outspoken about his viewpoints.....
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-21 15:55:15  
Nice to see even Breitbart has a line.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 15:56:50  
Viciouss said: »
Nice to see even Breitbart has a line.
He resigned. He didn't get fired.

You honestly think that Breitbart has a line? If they do, they crossed it a long time ago.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-21 15:58:29  
Dang it, King. You're supposed to be absolutely distraught when someone who is loosely connected to Trump (but whom you don't care about at all) is forced to resign.

Seriously, it's like playing chess and having your opponent jump up and cheer every time they take a pawn even though they're clearly losing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-21 16:03:51  
Many conservatives were skeezed out by his comments so you can drop the persecution narrative. I get what he was saying (I don't agree but I get it) but this is what happens when a self proclaimed provocateur (i.e. troll) tries to handle sensitive discussions by generating shock and controversy. It's not the thing he should have been nailed for but oh well, it couldn't have happened to a nicer ***.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 16:08:24  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Many conservatives were skeezed out by his comments so you can drop the persecution narrative.
Pleebo to English Translation:
Cerbeus.Pleebo said:
Everyone is being persecuted!

this is what happens when a self proclaimed provocateur (i.e. troll) tries to handle sensitive discussions by generating shock and controversy.
Lessons for you to learn, from one self-proclaimed provocateur to another.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 16:10:14  
Candlejack said: »
Many conservatives were skeezed out by his comments so you can drop the persecution narrative. I get what he was saying (I don't agree but I get it) but this is what happens when a self proclaimed provocateur (i.e. troll) tries to handle sensitive discussions by generating shock and controversy. It's not the thing he should have been nailed for but oh well, it couldn't have happened to a nicer ***.
Next up, "Mr. Troll Gets Deported". I guarantee it'd be a best-seller.
Wait, Pleebo isn't getting deported.

...unless....you mean yourself!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-21 16:26:33  
Downfall of a troll: Milo Yiannopoulos finds himself in rare hot seat
CNN

But to the root of the mater.

There are several subjects intermingled in your post.

Intergenerational relationships 18 year difference minimum to qualify. I have been in a few. As an adult with an adult.

Illegal relationships. Across that age of consent line. This is variable depending on where you live.

Milo is advocating illegal relationships. He defines sexually mature as fair game. He would have been accepted in a few past cultures.

Quote:
But Yiannopoulos also has plenty of critics on the right, many of whom pressured the ACU to rescind his invitation to CPAC.

Chief among them was Jonah Goldberg, a senior editor at the conservative National Review, who spoke out strongly about Yiannopoulos' inclusion at the conference.

After the invitation was pulled, Goldberg was still unimpressed.

"Apparently the racism and anti-Semitism wasn't a dealbreaker," he told CNNMoney.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-21 16:30:14  
Mr Troll is now unemployed and is not a US citizen, would be funny if he was deported.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-21 16:30:26  
At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.

Who cares if they got a Breitbart editor to quit? That seems to be a small victory that gained the media nothing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 82 83 84