Random Politics & Religion #30

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #30
Random Politics & Religion #30
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 65 66 67
By Viciouss 2017-12-11 10:29:34  
Eliminating all the amendments after the 10th, not quite sure what "problems" that would "eliminate."
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:33:44  
Ramyrez said: »
the 14th Amendment was passed "at gunpoint."
What was the context?
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:36:59  
Nausi said: »
What was the context?

The context was that he was agreeing states should have the right to violate basic human rights without the government telling them not to.
By Zerowone 2017-12-11 10:39:04  
But hey if we get rid of the 14th amendment the corporate personhood is gone too...
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 10:39:26  
Personal insults aside, he agreed with the host who said that the 14th Amendment was passed "at gunpoint."

This is merely a statement of fact. The 14th amendment was passed at gunpoint. Stating water is wet isn't sexist or some other liberal idea of activism.

Asura.Saevel said: »
Does agree with me = deplorable Natzi scum.

I don't think he's Nazi scum, I think he's a political opportunist who sees the value in slavery regardless of the human cost, and sees how the loss of slavery hurt the south once upon a time.

He's a follower Constitutionalism, meaning if something is explicitly outlines in the Constitution then it shouldn't be governed by the federal government. That brand of political ideology believes that instead of the federal government ruling by fiat, individual states should pass these measures on their own.

Now ready for a shocker, it was the Democrats who were supporters of slavery not Republicans. The Democrats supported slavery and discrimination all the way up to the liberal rights movement. They were called the Southern Democrats. Republicans were focused on industrialization, capitalism and economics and didn't give a *** about social causes.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-11 10:40:00  
So is California trying to buy the election of Alabama?

we won't find out until after the election. it's a pac, they spent a boatload, we'll see how it shakes out.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 10:41:34  
What was the context?

The context was that he was agreeing states should have the right to violate basic human rights without the government telling them not to.

That is just you twisting stuff to make yourself feel good.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-12-11 10:42:38  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

we won't find out until after the election. it's a pac, they spent a boatload, we'll see how it shakes out.

I heard it was tu pac.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:43:13  
Eliminating all amendments past the 10th is an appeal to return to the founding of our country (when there were only 10 amendments). When states were far more sovereign as opposed to the feds. I listened to the whole exchange, it's not a bunch of secret racists opining for slavery again. It's a bunch of individuals discussing the dangers of an overreaching government.

Here. Listen for yourself!

100% facts I don't like to suggest it is a conversation about slavery.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:43:39  
What was the context?

No it wasn't.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 10:45:51  

But they need to feel morally superior in their hatred to make it through the day. The "Child Rapist" thing already fell apart so they gotta resort to "secret racist" to justify their own hatred.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:46:43  
This is merely a statement of fact. The 14th amendment was passed at gunpoint. Stating water is wet isn't sexist or some other liberal idea of activism.

How is this a statement of fact?

"We so badly thought we should have the right to keep slaves that we were willing to fight to the death over it" is not a very compelling argument. Pretending it was about the ability to tell the states not to have slaves, not the slavery itself, is an equally unattractive prospect. It wasn't an argument of states' rights, it was an argument of accepting that black people were also human beings who deserved the protections provided by the prior amendments.

Now ready for a shocker, it was the Democrats who were supporters of slavery not Republicans.

This isn't a shock to anyone who has any understanding of how political parties change through the years. Teddy Roosevelt was a Republican. And now the GOP wants to destroy national parks. There's a bit of leeway in defining a party in any generation. ^^;
He's a follower Constitutionalism

Another potato-potaato argument. Call him what you want, but the mindset is specifically not about the Constitution and Bill of Rights as written, as the ability to adjust and change it was written directly into it.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-11 10:46:56  
Zerowone said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

I heard it was tu pac.

I'm actually interested to find out.... I've been wanting to tap into the Dark Money for a long time now...
[+]
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:47:09  
Suggesting that the only way states can not violate basic human rights is via the amendments (past number 10) beset in our federal constitution is an extremely flawed premise.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:48:43  

But they need to feel morally superior in their hatred to make it through the day. The "Child Rapist" thing already fell apart so they gotta resort to "secret racist" to justify their own hatred.

Jesus *** Christ. I've thrown out the molestation thing entirely for a while now. See my prior posts.

I know you want to generalize anyone who disagrees as a "filthy liberal" but ffs at least be consistent w/ me here when talking to me.

It's not about secret racism. It's not about racism at all. It's about money and power as all slavery has always been throughout history.
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:48:55  
"We so badly thought we should have the right to keep slaves that we were willing to fight to the death over it"
This is an historical statement, that also happens to be true. It doesn't reflect the speakers secret feelings of racism.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:49:52  
"We so badly thought we should have the right to keep slaves that we were willing to fight to the death over it"
This is an historical statement, that also happens to be true. It doesn't reflect the speakers secret feelings of racism.

See my prior post.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:50:26  
Also, is "secret racism" a new catch phrase I need to watch out for like "facts I don't like?"
By Nausi 2017-12-11 10:51:38  

See my prior post.

The one where you suggested slavery isn't about racism but having unfair power and policy over another race (which is racism)?
By Zerowone 2017-12-11 10:52:29  
Also, is "secret racism" a new catch phrase I need to watch out for like "facts I don't like?"

Hold on let me check r/the Donald and r/the Congress and cross verify with 4chan /pol.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:53:36  
The one where you suggested slavery isn't about racism but having unfair power and policy over another race (which is racism)?

It's not about secret racism. It's not about racism at all. It's about money and power as all slavery has always been throughout history.

States -- indeed, no one -- should have the "right" to decide whether or not to enslave other people.
By Zerowone 2017-12-11 10:54:09  
Also why aren’t you guys going off on the bombing in New York?
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:54:22  

Hold on let me check r/the Donald and r/the Congress and cross verify with 4chan /pol.

At least they've gotten bored calling people cucks?

Maybe they got too much backlash from the portion of their community who is into it as an actual fetish.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 10:54:59  
Also why aren’t you guys going off on the bombing in New York?

I can't keep up anymore, just trying to not get killed day-to-day myself. ._.
By Zerowone 2017-12-11 10:56:53  

Well “fake racism” is trending.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 11:00:54  

Well “fake racism” is trending.

Well ***. I fell into the trap of talking about what they wanted me to talk about.

The propaganda machine is strong.
By eliroo 2017-12-11 11:02:01  
Fake racism is when you are racist but want to feel justified in your racism so you say your own racism is fake.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-11 11:03:56  
How is this a statement of fact?

Umm because it is...

I never said it was a bad idea or that I disagreed with it, only that it was a fact.

Here is a shocking new idea, instead of acting like a religious fanatic trying to stamp all out unbelievers, try to grasp the concept that understanding something isn't the same as agreeing with or supporting it.

I know you want to generalize anyone who disagrees as a "filthy liberal" but ffs at least be consistent w/ me here when talking to me.

I merely make a parody of out how the liberals act, then laugh when they get offended without realizing they do the same thing.

If you had been paying attention you'd realize that I try to understand all sides of a discussion, most especially the reasons for their feelings and point of view. Even if I personally disagree I still want to understand the why's and how's of it.

The moral high grand is a valid statement. Humans have a nasty habit of twisting things to justify their own preconceived beliefs and feelings. Hitler believed what he was doing was righteous and morally sound, he truly believed it was all in the best interests of his people. Humans will quickly cling to the most insane ***before acknowledging the ideas they had and the actions they did made them a bad person. Interesting side note, before we can fix a problem we must first identify that problem, meaning acknowledging our own wrongness and mistakes is a critical part of realizing our own potential.

Now ***and think on that for a few months.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-11 11:04:22  
eliroo said: »
Fake racism is when you are racist but want to feel justified in your racism so you say your own racism is fake.

No, I'm pretty sure it's just a way to troll other people and I am easily trolled.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-12-11 11:06:24  
how does one figure fake racism?

Follow of islam: check
terrorist: check

Any other questions?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 65 66 67