フォーラム » FFXI » General » I just lost my name topic
I just lost my name topic
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Diabolos.Rydiya
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-03-23 01:53:27  
Aww, I was unaffected by this all, but I still feel sorry for you guys. It'd be a perfectly understandable reaction, Abri, but unfourtunatly, socially inappropriate.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Rtwodeetoo
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Rtwodeetoo 2010-03-23 01:53:57  
Pandemonium.Abrianna said:
/sigh

My name was taken too.
Abriannah now. ._. How rude, I've had this name for 5 years. On multiple servers.. I dont get why people have to do that.. Why be spiteful?

...Would it be completely childless to scream at whomever stole my name for a mule? I've never done anything to anger someone?

..Angry. Sorry. ._.

NOOOOOO! I'm sorry to hear that hun.
 Fairy.Sukhoruk
サーバ: Fairy
user: Sukhoruk
By Fairy.Sukhoruk 2010-03-23 01:54:08  
No more Suk, oh well... I'm guessing foul play, and I don't care... you lost a dollar suckeerrrr~!
[+]
 Fairy.Tedwardian
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-03-23 01:54:59  
Fairy.Sukhoruk said:
No more Suk, oh well... I'm guessing foul play, and I don't care... you lost a dollar suckeerrrr~!
yeah.. that seems shiesty
 Seraph.Azagthoth
サーバ: Seraph
user: Azagthoth
By Seraph.Azagthoth 2010-03-23 01:55:01  
I lost my name to a character with no AH history. It's a shame, but oh well life goes on.
 Pandemonium.Solias
user: Solias
By Pandemonium.Solias 2010-03-23 01:55:38  
Rofl lost all my names D: mules, mains, everything, thats lame :(

Solias
Solinus
Juliete
+ like 6 mules =/

Gotta love asuran kindness.
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
サーバ: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-03-23 01:58:03  
Im sorry you guys lost your names but, its not the end of the world ^^

New name comes with New friends. so don't feel too bad.
 Valefor.Desert
サーバ: Valefor
user: Desert
By Valefor.Desert 2010-03-23 01:59:16  
As terrible as it is they can never take away the person behind the name; people will know you again for good/bad
 Hades.Ferth
サーバ: Hades
user: Ferth
By Hades.Ferth 2010-03-23 01:59:38  
I'd be rather upset if I lost my name, truth be told... I've had this name for geez... 7 years now? It's become an online moniker...
 Pandemonium.Zatias
user: Zatias
By Pandemonium.Zatias 2010-03-23 01:59:45  
I've heard we were moving to a *** server, didn't want to believe it, wanted to give it a chance. The truth hurts.

I know not all Asurans are ***, but there are enough of them to spread "rumors" all across servers.
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
user: Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2010-03-23 02:00:31  
I'm going to try to tell myself that someone already HAD abrianna as a mule, and it's just unfortunate that we had the same name. This way I don't start off hating Asura before even getting to know it.

I guess it came as a surprise, I had been checking this website everyday to make sure my name wasn't taken, but I had high hopes for some reason and honestly didn't think someone would sink low enough to take my name.

I was even talking about it last night saying everyone was being too paranoid about it and no names were really being taken, not the low people. (Obviously people that are well known or in high positions on the server are going to be prone to attack).. but I do nothing. I don't do endgame, I dont harrass people. I occasionally pop up on the most viewed list because I'll post on the Linkshell:Ni here..

/sigh Blaaaah... FU whoever took my name. I wont let you ruin my game just because you took my name.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-23 02:00:45  
Asura.Ericka said:
Im sorry you guys lost your names but, its not the end of the world ^^

New name comes with New friends. so don't feel too bad.

It's terrible when everything you try is taken... I need a name that at least won't go on my nerve after 3 weeks lol...
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Psychoticenigma 2010-03-23 02:01:38  
Lost 3 of my names, 1 of my mule, my original name, and my backup name. ;_; So I decided to make a martyr of myself and stand up for what I believe in, and took upon myself, then name of Remoraforever
 Ramuh.Avelie
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Artemys
By Ramuh.Avelie 2010-03-23 02:02:07  
Zealot members were bragging about stealing Nirvana names + their name Ls back when this was first announced. I was in their shell and quickly left after a few weeks, they wiped at everything and made fun of everyone that did anything better than them.
Watch out for them.
 Pandemonium.Zexa
user: Zexa
By Pandemonium.Zexa 2010-03-23 02:08:46  
R.I.P. Zexa
Ive been called this since December 2003. Ive been called Z, Zex, ZEEEEEE UHHHHH (Thanks, Seb), and Zee. Ill miss this name.
When I changed my name today, I thought it would be cool, and it's an awesome freshstart on a new name, but as soon as I hit enter on my new name, I got very teary eyed and nostalgiac.

Honestly, it wasn't a very nice thing to make a mule whose sole purpose was to extort from me. Not because you were trying to steal gil from me, but because you stole memories.

My being in a high profile LS isn't a reason or an excuse for the offending party.
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
user: Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2010-03-23 02:10:02  
Pandemonium.Zexa said:
R.I.P. Zexa Ive been called this since December 2003. Ive been called Z, Zex, ZEEEEEE UHHHHH (Thanks, Seb), and Zee. Ill miss this name. When I changed my name today, I thought it would be cool, and it's an awesome freshstart on a new name, but as soon as I hit enter on my new name, I got very teary eyed and nostalgiac. Honestly, it wasn't a very nice thing to make a mule whose sole purpose was to extort from me. Not because you were trying to steal gil from me, but because you stole memories.

Exactly. I couldn't say it any better.

Pandemonium.Atua
user: Atua
By Pandemonium.Atua 2010-03-23 02:10:49  
Pandemonium.Abrianna said:
I'm going to try to tell myself that someone already HAD abrianna as a mule, and it's just unfortunate that we had the same name. This way I don't start off hating Asura before even getting to know it.
Your name is nice abri and is a real name, I would think someone has it as a mule, even if they don't play anymore, which is the hardest part for some people losing names. Someone had my rl name as a mule, which I checked a while back by making a mule on asura to check my game name.
 Midgardsormr.Jaizon
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Jaizon
By Midgardsormr.Jaizon 2010-03-23 02:11:41  
sorry to all who lost there mains name. I only lost a mules name. his name not important all he does is make me gil.
 Pandemonium.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Pandemonium.Theringer 2010-03-23 02:11:58  
< Don't know if mines taken.. Jeffy will NAWT be pleased!
 Hades.Ferth
user: Ferth
By Hades.Ferth 2010-03-23 02:12:51  
oh man... "I like nuts!"
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-03-23 02:16:29  
Disappointed that I have to change my name, even more disappointed that I can't connect to the server to actually change it. ):
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-03-23 02:16:51  
Pandemonium.Zexa said:
R.I.P. Zexa
Ive been called this since December 2003. Ive been called Z, Zex, ZEEEEEE UHHHHH (Thanks, Seb), and Zee. Ill miss this name.
When I changed my name today, I thought it would be cool, and it's an awesome freshstart on a new name, but as soon as I hit enter on my new name, I got very teary eyed and nostalgiac.

Honestly, it wasn't a very nice thing to make a mule whose sole purpose was to extort from me. Not because you were trying to steal gil from me, but because you stole memories.

My being in a high profile LS isn't a reason or an excuse for the offending party.

I'm sincerest apologies, Zex. I wish you and every other Pandy member the best of luck in your new found home.
 Fairy.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2010-03-23 02:17:22  
Hades.Paco said:
Chalk me up as a name loser. I'm not bent though, I'm positive about putting on a new mantle. Was hoping Cerb's 3-years-inactive Paco would force a name change. I can put an end to being mistaken as a Mexican!
hola Paco {Puedes hablar español?} ^^

j/k but yea Paco is a common name here
 Caitsith.Silvaria
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-03-23 02:18:12  
Wow, as a former resident of Pandy for more than 2 1/2 years, my sympathies to everyone who lost their names...yes, it's just an in-game alias, but for some people, myself included, it has become an aspect of ourselves. I've used the moniker "Silvaria" now on countless other websites, because it just feels like me. ^,^;

And, to those who -purposely- created mules with certain names for the sole intention of just being a jerk or trying to blackmail...karma is a ***. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when it comes back and bites you squarely in your malicious little ***. 8)
 Asura.Ebry
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-03-23 02:18:22  
Who does ***like this? People coming to Asura are going to think we're all a bunch of *** because some choose to be immature little jackasses :/ Sorry for all those who lost their names. I swear there are good people on this server :/.

Seriously.. paying $13 to take names away from people who were transferring over. That's just sad and downright immature.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-23 02:19:09  
Three of my friends had to change names, all 3 names being taken by mules. Gotta love that :/. I would've had to change one of my mule's names as well, but I got lucky.
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Psychoticenigma 2010-03-23 02:21:50  
Atleast not all is lost, SE could have deleted your character or something, I mean come on, its just a name... Sure it holds memories, but so did mine, Dreamreaper and Psychoticenigma...
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2010-03-23 02:22:57  
It honestly didn't cross my mind that one of my mules may take someones main name. I apologize in advance if any of my mules who have never taken a trip to Jeuno took someones main name (my jeuno mule could have easily been PMed for a request to do so but was not) but I have had them all for years it was not intentional if this did happen and I would not have minded changing a mule name to accommodate, a mules name doesn't mean much to me. It is crappy that this happened to so many people.
 Pandemonium.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Pandemonium.Theringer 2010-03-23 02:24:11  
Asura.Ebry said:
Who does ***like this? People coming to Asura are going to think we're all a bunch of *** because some choose to be immature little jackasses :/ Sorry for all those who lost their names. I swear there are good people on this server :/. Seriously.. paying $13 to take names away from people who were transferring over. That's just sad and downright immature.

Meh, i'm sure the majority of us Pandy folk know the majority of you Asura folk are nice enough people.. Just a couple of douche bags, as per every server.

On a side note: PLEASE.. ANY TARU WHO LOST THEIR NAME RENAME:

loltaru

I shall love you forever.
 Asura.Ebry
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-03-23 02:25:15  
Pandemonium.Theringer said:
Asura.Ebry said:
Who does ***like this? People coming to Asura are going to think we're all a bunch of *** because some choose to be immature little jackasses :/ Sorry for all those who lost their names. I swear there are good people on this server :/. Seriously.. paying $13 to take names away from people who were transferring over. That's just sad and downright immature.

Meh, i'm sure the majority of us Pandy folk know the majority of you Asura folk are nice enough people.. Just a couple of douche bags, as per every server.

I promise i'm nice :3!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7