フォーラム » FFXI » General » I just lost my name topic
I just lost my name topic
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Ericka
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-03-23 02:25:43  
i can understand being pissed because you probably took days to think of a proper name to represent you as a person. yes asura is full of *** that wanna make your life a living hell. but don't let it get you down, there's a great amount of decent ppl on this server too.

Sad that most of our "Children" on this server are in their late 20s early 30s and even mid 40s......
[+]
 Pandemonium.Theringer
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Theringer
By Pandemonium.Theringer 2010-03-23 02:28:13  
Asura.Ebry said:
Pandemonium.Theringer said:
Asura.Ebry said:
Who does ***like this? People coming to Asura are going to think we're all a bunch of *** because some choose to be immature little jackasses :/ Sorry for all those who lost their names. I swear there are good people on this server :/. Seriously.. paying $13 to take names away from people who were transferring over. That's just sad and downright immature.
Meh, i'm sure the majority of us Pandy folk know the majority of you Asura folk are nice enough people.. Just a couple of douche bags, as per every server.
I promise i'm nice :3!

Prove it! Gimmie gilz?!
By Antonaki 2010-03-23 02:29:04  
i lost my name.. funny thing is, its probably someone in my own LS thats made the mules, quite a few lost them, mostly the outspoken people lol
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-03-23 02:29:30  
Asura.Ericka said:
Sad that most of our "Children" on this server are in their late 20s early 30s and even mid 40s......

I second this. Some of the more mature ones are still in their teens and go to high school. xD
 Asura.Ebry
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-03-23 02:29:58  
Asura.Ebry said:
Asura.Ebry said:
Who does ***like this? People coming to Asura are going to think we're all a bunch of *** because some choose to be immature little jackasses :/ Sorry for all those who lost their names. I swear there are good people on this server :/. Seriously.. paying $13 to take names away from people who were transferring over. That's just sad and downright immature.
Meh, i'm sure the majority of us Pandy folk know the majority of you Asura folk are nice enough people.. Just a couple of douche bags, as per every server.
I promise i'm nice :3!

Prove it! Gimmie gilz?!

Haha i'm broke til I start cooking again. x.x; 20k ftw! Damn you work from keeping me from making cream puffs!
 Pandemonium.Theringer
By Pandemonium.Theringer 2010-03-23 02:30:31  
Meh, I lose my name.. I got PLENTY of names lined up anyway!

Anyhoo.. IF we ever get back on... 75MNK Merit points, can I have it?

OR 61BLM party can I have it? :P
 Pandemonium.Theringer
By Pandemonium.Theringer 2010-03-23 02:31:25  
quote] Haha i'm broke til I start cooking again. x.x; 20k ftw! Damn you work from keeping me from making cream puffs! [/quote]

Awwwhh ;-;
 Pandemonium.Theringer
By Pandemonium.Theringer 2010-03-23 02:31:42  
^^^^ Fail!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Sukhoruk
サーバ: Fairy
user: Sukhoruk
By Fairy.Sukhoruk 2010-03-23 02:34:49  
I'm actually at a loss for feelings on the whole name thing. I was positive I'd be fine, my name is pretty freaking silly. But apparently some less lazy soul made the mule I should have made months ago. My loss I suppose.

Regardless, it still is sort of a slap in the face to people who, like me and others I'm sure, use their names for things other than FFXI. It really does become a matter of having to break a habit more so than pick a new name.
 Asura.Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-03-23 02:34:59  
^^^^ Fail!

I was loling but I wasn't gonna point it out :x!
 Seraph.Azagthoth
サーバ: Seraph
user: Azagthoth
By Seraph.Azagthoth 2010-03-23 02:39:51  
To be fair, I bet there was just as many people on your source server as there was on the destination server that were taking people's names; I'm sure I've rubbed at least a few people on Seraph the wrong way; therefore, I would probably blame Seraph before I blamed Bismarck.

SE could have made things more reasonable in the first place, but unfortunately they didn't.

In any case, what's done is done; it's going to be interested getting to know some new people and I guess I might as well remove everybody from my blacklist. XD
 Pandemonium.Theringer
By Pandemonium.Theringer 2010-03-23 02:44:08  
Asura.Ebry said:
^^^^ Fail!

Note to self: /slap ebry.

:(
 Fairy.Sukhoruk
By Fairy.Sukhoruk 2010-03-23 02:45:28  
Seraph.Azagthoth said:
To be fair, I bet there was just as many people on your source server as there was on the destination server that were taking people's names; I'm sure I've rubbed at least a few people on Seraph the wrong way; therefore, I would probably blame Seraph before I blamed Bismarck.

I'd tend to agree, but it doesn't change the pettiness of it all.
 Asura.Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-03-23 02:50:10  
Asura.Ebry said:
^^^^ Fail!

Note to self: /slap ebry.

:(

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu ; ; !!!! Dun hit me :(! Pwease? ; ; I sorry ; ;!!!
 Asura.Scribblesz
By Asura.Scribblesz 2010-03-23 02:59:34  
QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ
 Fairy.Sukhoruk
By Fairy.Sukhoruk 2010-03-23 03:07:58  
Sylph.Altaire said:
I apologize to anyone whose name my mules may have taken, but they aren't common, so I doubt that that's the case. Also, to any newcomers to Sylph who have to change their name, and there's no AH record of that name being here, I apologize (simply because the people that purposely created mules to take names won't) and reassure you that even though your name was taken, your personality is the same, and that not everyone on this server is as douche-y as the aforementioned few. That being said, odds are it won't take long to realize who IS a douche. Best of luck on Sylph, hope to run into you in game.. As soon as SE gets our damned server up -.-

I've already figured out who the biggest douche is in all of this. It's that one SE programmer who missed a decimal or a bracket or something and froze up a dozen servers.
[+]
 Fairy.Tedwardian
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-03-23 03:12:28  
i blame the public school system.
 Fairy.Divine
user: divine
By Fairy.Divine 2010-03-23 03:13:07  
lost mine to some one with no AH history
 Fairy.Sukhoruk
By Fairy.Sukhoruk 2010-03-23 03:15:32  
Welp, bed time. Lots of wasted time waiting for a game I was gonna waste my time with... I guess that should make me feel bad or something?

I'm going to go ponder several names derived from Cloud, Sephiroth, or the letter X while I sleep. Maybe I'll come up with a good one!
 Fairy.Tedwardian
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-03-23 03:16:42  
pick a winner Suk!
 Fairy.Sandman
user: sandman16
By Fairy.Sandman 2010-03-23 03:17:21  
I lost my name, most likely to an account thats been inactive since before ffxiah or lscom. Most of my mules lost their names to other peoples mules, Heartbreaker and Starshine are the only two I can find ah history on. I'd rather see the names used then relegated to being mules.
What does really burn my *** is losing my name to a inactive account. SE talks alot about their commitment and concern for their player base, but gross apathy like this goes to show that they honestly give a ***less. I hate WoW, but I'll say one thing, Blizzard cares enough about their players to actually try and prevent needless *** like this. I had two of my friends rage quit over it and several others that simply said they won't be coming back.
With the millions of dollars SE will continue to make every month even after spurning us I doubt they'll repine the loss of seven paying customers, but those seven people were much more to me then account numbers linked to paying credit cards, they were my friends. As for those of you saying "Its just a name, get over it", a persons name is much more then just a means of extrinsic identification, its sensorial representation of a persons character, its a link to our past, that as we grow, it retains us in all our manifestations maintaining a sense of continuity and thus preserving our essence. If your own name means so little to you then doubt much else does, rot in your depravation, choke on it.
[+]
 Hades.Jacinda
サーバ: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2010-03-23 03:17:24  
Apparently, my name has also been taken by someone with no auction history. Yay me.
 Remora.Lexington
サーバ: Remora
user: Lexington
By Remora.Lexington 2010-03-23 03:18:03  
I've been at work all day wondering if mine's gone :(
 Fairy.Des
By Fairy.Des 2010-03-23 03:18:41  
Hades.Havok said:
So does anyone know if the wedding band changes yet? or did the merge create a bunch of adulterers? On a upside i guess lost 3 names but my jueno mule got undercutter lol!

Hiya :) I'm also one changing my name, and too have a wedding band..this is on playonline's website:

In the event that the character name was changed after the world merger, the previous inscriptions on items will still retain the old name.
However, inscriptions on wedding rings can be updated. If you wish to change the inscription on the ring to the new character name, please place a GM call from the game.
Please be aware that inscriptions on other items cannot be changed.

So I guess all those Love Chocolates I made won't be in the recipients bazaar anymore :( And Charm and Miracle Wands :( And good luck getting a GM in the next few days, I'm sure they'll be swamped, and they're a bit slow to begin with. D:
 Fairy.Sukhoruk
By Fairy.Sukhoruk 2010-03-23 03:20:35  
I got it! But unfortunately I think it's too long :(

Iwenttosylphandalligotwasthistshirt

Okay. Bed now.
 Fairy.Des
By Fairy.Des 2010-03-23 03:22:58  
Fairy.Sukhoruk said:
I got it! But unfortunately I think it's too long :(

Iwenttosylphandalligotwasthistshirt

Okay. Bed now.

^ heh. Kinda cute :)

On a side note, from what I've seen at least on FFXIAH, the Sylph people are much more welcoming then I thought they'd be. I look forward to meeting new people, but am a little concerned about overcrowded areas =\ All in all, it has its pros and cons, so I'm thinking positive. ^^
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7