users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » I just lost my name topic
I just lost my name topic
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fairy.Tedwardian
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-03-23 03:23:07  
well ***, at least a few of my folks have Tedwardian signed things. the name will live on...
i was wondering about that.
 Leviathan.Bigopi
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Bigopi 2010-03-23 03:24:08  
Sylph.Altaire said:
I apologize to anyone whose name my mules may have taken, but they aren't common, so I doubt that that's the case. Also, to any newcomers to Sylph who have to change their name, and there's no AH record of that name being here, I apologize (simply because the people that purposely created mules to take names won't) and reassure you that even though your name was taken, your personality is the same, and that not everyone on this server is as douche-y as the aforementioned few. That being said, odds are it won't take long to realize who IS a douche. Best of luck on Sylph, hope to run into you in game.. As soon as SE gets our damned server up -.-

Dont be sorry, you are entitled to the names of your mules, I myself have several mules that have never left their home cities, which would not make them show up in a search on AH. Does this make me disrespectable? I do agree that the ppl that made mules just to take ppls names is wrong, but seriously ive moved servers several times and sometimes my name was taken. I just think its a little unfair to accuse someone of taking your name out of spite when they dont show up on the AH search. Hell, do a search on your name and see how many other places it shows up besides the server your being merged into, several ppl that have replied to this topic have names being used on MANY other servers. Just my 2 cents, spent it how u like :)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-03-23 03:27:38  
Asura.Scribblesz said:
QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ

[+]
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-23 03:27:39  
Leviathan.Bigopi said:
Sylph.Altaire said:
I apologize to anyone whose name my mules may have taken, but they aren't common, so I doubt that that's the case. Also, to any newcomers to Sylph who have to change their name, and there's no AH record of that name being here, I apologize (simply because the people that purposely created mules to take names won't) and reassure you that even though your name was taken, your personality is the same, and that not everyone on this server is as douche-y as the aforementioned few. That being said, odds are it won't take long to realize who IS a douche. Best of luck on Sylph, hope to run into you in game.. As soon as SE gets our damned server up -.-

Dont be sorry, you are entitled to the names of your mules, I myself have several mules that have never left their home cities, which would not make them show up in a search on AH. Does this make me disrespectable? I do agree that the ppl that made mules just to take ppls names is wrong, but seriously ive moved servers several times and sometimes my name was taken. I just think its a little unfair to accuse someone of taking your name out of spite when they dont show up on the AH search. Hell, do a search on your name and see how many other places it shows up besides the server your being merged into, several ppl that have replied to this topic have names being used on MANY other servers. Just my 2 cents, spent it how u like :)

I totally agree, in some cases it's almost obvious it was not made on purpose("popular" names). For some other it's another story... ^^;
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-23 03:28:29  
Asura.Scribblesz said:
QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ

You're such a toss pot.

Go *** yourself.

I'm sorry to everyone that lost names, I can understand how upsetting that would be.

Sadly the rumours about the negative side of Asura seem to be true, At least when pandy people join it the server will start to become respectful at last.

So glad I'm on Shiva sometimes.
[+]
 Seraph.Quantum
サーバ: Seraph
user: Quantum
By Seraph.Quantum 2010-03-23 03:31:30  
When the announcement came that we were merging I thought I was extremely lucky that no one on Bismarck had the name Quantum... logged in and it was taken. ;; No idea what name to go with now ...
 Fairy.Maikeru
user: maikeru
By Fairy.Maikeru 2010-03-23 03:32:46  
*** this server merge.
[+]
 Fairy.Sandman
user: sandman16
By Fairy.Sandman 2010-03-23 03:38:20  
Fairy.Maikeru said:
*** this server merge.
^ This.
[+]
By BahamutOpiate 2010-03-23 03:39:32  
Fairy.Maikeru said:
*** this server merge.

would that constitute a 3-way?
[+]
 Fairy.Des
By Fairy.Des 2010-03-23 03:41:06  
BahamutOpiate said:
Fairy.Maikeru said:
*** this server merge.

^^ XD
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-23 03:41:40  
Personally. I like servers where random *** NMs were always up because there's no one camping them due to having barely anyone on the server. Besides the obvious HNM.

sorry for the name losts guys :(
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-23 03:43:26  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Personally. I like servers where random *** NMs were always up because there's no one camping them due to having barely anyone on the server. Besides the obvious HNM.

That's what I'm gonna miss most about Hades. I'm really not looking forward to when I go farming for things.
 Leviathan.Bigopi
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Bigopi 2010-03-23 03:43:40  
BahamutOpiate said:
Fairy.Maikeru said:
*** this server merge.

lol everyone having problems with taken names and i cant even keep my own names straight ><

4am posting skill decreases 0.1
 Pandemonium.Alimorel
user: Alimorel
By Pandemonium.Alimorel 2010-03-23 03:45:11  
I lost my name too. Breaks my heart. Had this name for the past 10 years, not just on FF. It feels like a part of me is gone. I tried my best to come up with something close, but... it's just not the same. And to think, I lost it to a new player (who I don't blame), a mule (unlikely, but hey), an rmt that was never caught (>.<), or a really petty person.

At least someone in my old LS had a great idea. He had everyone sign a craft and he's going to be display them for all the lost names. At least the name will truly live on. ^.^
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-23 03:45:36  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

That's what I'm gonna miss most about Hades. I'm really not looking forward to when I go farming for things.

Yeah, Seraph people have to worry about JP text spam from Kingss for "taking his goobs" in zitah. Hope we can finally get him banned yo! He harasses people for like ever...
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-23 03:47:46  
Can you change name while the servers are down? Did not work for me.
 Bismarck.Animaal
user: Animaal
By Bismarck.Animaal 2010-03-23 03:48:54  
It's fun to *** with Kingss! He's a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** that can't claim goobs for ***.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-23 03:49:30  
They shoulda just had everyone change their name. First person to log on gets to keep their original name x;

Even the playing field.
[+]
 Seraph.Quantum
user: Quantum
By Seraph.Quantum 2010-03-23 03:51:10  
Pandemonium.Liquidz said:
Can you change name while the servers are down? Did not work for me.

Haha That is the worst part. I finally decided on a name but couldnt log in... so I changed my mind again. >.>
 Fairy.Sandman
By Fairy.Sandman 2010-03-23 03:52:18  
Most everyone I knew liked the lower populations. And, to be honest Fairy almost always had 1200+ people online. While maybe one quarter of those people were mules it still gave us an active population of about 900 players, which was the prime time average when I first started playing. Xp camps were rarely congested, little competition for NMs, was pretty nice. On a side note, I created a mule on the server we were to move to and through several daily checks I never saw more the 900 people on, 900 total.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-23 03:56:33  
I liked the idea at first until the whole

My server > your server routine

Now I've been thinking of all the great things about lower population:D
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-23 04:02:56  
Yeah, SE likes to take the less work more screw ups kinda way
 Fairy.Sandman
By Fairy.Sandman 2010-03-23 04:08:14  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
They shoulda just had everyone change their name. First person to log on gets to keep their original name x; Even the playing field.
In the event of duplicate names, they should've taken into account who has had the name the longest, and who had the more developed character. If that was too much for them, then they should've done the frist to log in keeps their name. Anything would have been better then what they did.
 Fairy.Maikeru
user: maikeru
By Fairy.Maikeru 2010-03-23 04:13:13  
 Pandemonium.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Pandemonium.Theringer 2010-03-23 04:15:53  
Asura.Ebry said:
Pandemonium.Theringer said:
Asura.Ebry said:
^^^^ Fail!
I was loling but I wasn't gonna point it out :x!
Note to self: /slap ebry. :(
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu ; ; !!!! Dun hit me :(! Pwease? ; ; I sorry ; ;!!!

Mah pimp hand be WAY STRONG!!
 Seraph.Sigmund
Premium
user: Sigmund
By Seraph.Sigmund 2010-03-23 04:23:44  
my name is gone too.... and the character wasn't used since 2008... The really should of purged all of Bismarck lame and deleted mules, and characters... SE fails again
 Pandemonium.Theringer
user: Theringer
By Pandemonium.Theringer 2010-03-23 04:30:44  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
They shoulda just had everyone change their name. First person to log on gets to keep their original name x; Even the playing field.

Like someone said, it'd take alot of work on SE's Part - We are currently seeing what happens when they have alot of work on... Going on 20hours of a 12hour maint? lol
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-03-23 04:53:45  
No longer Morbidthrasher :( I wanted to change it to just 'Morbid' but I guess I didn't get to it in time. Sigh.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-23 04:56:28  
Bismarck.Rinako said:

Like someone said, it'd take alot of work on SE's Part - We are currently seeing what happens when they have alot of work on... Going on 20hours of a 12hour maint? lol

key word was "shoulda"

Of course SE is gonna take the easy way out. And *** up even on the easy way.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7