Really Drgs?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Really Drgs?
Really Drgs?
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Seraph.Ryden
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2010-05-23 18:36:32  
(Rant time >.> )

What happened to this job the past year or so?

Drg was my first 75 started leveling it back when the 2 hour was still call wyvern (fun days) and I've always loved the job a lot. But you know lately from the past year or so there's bee a ***load of piss poor drgs running around or is it just me seeing this?

Note I don't have screen shots of any of these mostly going off what I've seen at merit camps; events and so on the past few weeks. (yay for playing on ps2 and on pc trying to take screen caps it crashes the system \o/ yay windows)

First one:

That's all full timed gear; no swaps didn't eat any food and when asked why he was wearing that his response "My acc is good" /headwall

Next:

The Galea has acc+10, atk+5; ws acc+15 str+4; Lance had some dmg +1 and str+3 augment I think (can't really recall but it wasn't that great.); Would swap flame ring and raja's ring in for weaponskill otherwise it full timed that gear.

Third:

I don't get this one. Wears dusk feet as the only form of haste; no turban, no dusk gloves, not even wearing a headlong belt I mean seriously? None of that was swapped out during weaponskill either. Nothing says "Fear my drg!" like seeing a 400 dmg penta on a Greater.

Fourth:

More full timed goodness. Sad thing was this drg had drakesbane and didn't blink once to gear for it -.-;

Last:

Get to see this the other night. You'd think it's some kind of str set for wheeling thrust or w/e but it's not. That's all more full timed gear and wtf at the Gae Bolg?
There's probably more examples but I can't think of anymore off the top of my head :/ it's just frustrating.

I don't try to nit pick other peoples gear (Your 12.95 blah blah blah) but seriously what the hells happened to this job? I remember seeing way better drg's gear and skill wise a while back but all I see now is this? =/ Has this job really become that big of a bandwagon job that people don't gear for ***and just think that "Omaigawd I'm great for merits now :D" Is it really that hard to get decent gear with all the new stuff out? Oh well just needed to vent about this. (Sorry if there's a topic for this somewhere Didn't see it lol and don't mind my spelling/grammar wasn't really my strong point lol.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-05-23 18:40:26  
Eh, I've seen worse! XD
Level Sync, SMN Burn(some) and lack of intelligence are the cause of this. Even then I just think people are dumb.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-23 18:40:32  
Gearing DRG can be difficult since basically everything good is R/E, but the above is still embarrassingly bad... It's been going on a while now though, not just the past year. Lot of poorly geared DRG out there, but the same could be said of any job.
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-05-23 18:45:13  
Yeah recently theres been a wave of gimpy players in general, I mean, im not the most "end game leet player out there but even my DrG's gear is better (all be it the lance, was hacked about a year & 1/2 ago. . . Got "rolled back" and lost about 1m, a tassacroth, a potent belt? (+5mnd/int) lvl75 drg & 5 merits. lol @_@'

All be it, i kinda quit playing DRG after i got it back to 75 (Had spent 32 hours non stop from 70 ~ 75 + merits so needless to say I was burnt out on drg xD

but long rant short . . .

My drg isn't "that" gimp atleast i can crack out 900 dmg Drakes baine w mythic Lance . . > .> yea haven't got a new tossacorth yet :P
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-23 18:45:41  
There's ***like that for all jobs
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-05-23 18:48:41  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Veg, your *** avatar, lmao.
[+]
 Seraph.Ryden
サーバ: Seraph
user: Ryden
By Seraph.Ryden 2010-05-23 18:50:27  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Gearing DRG can be difficult since basically everything good is R/E, but the above is still embarrassingly bad... It's been going on a while now though, not just the past year. Lot of poorly geared DRG out there, but the same could be said of any job.

To gear drg good yeah it's a pain; lots of salvage/sky/limbus for the good gear. But some stuff is easily obtainable off the ah; like how about acc rings to tp in instead of str+ ones; maybe grab some decent haste gear to go with your set rather than just go "lolhaste acc is better!" To be decent and to pull your weight it's not that hard to gear the job.
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Blu's a bad one for this too; but I just see more poorly geared drg's and sams than anything really :/ It's just that this one bothers me more because the whole concept of haste/acc goes out the window and you get things like people wearing dual flame rings and tping in heca/rutters cause "the slow doesn't bother me"
By Jimie 2010-05-23 18:52:53  
I love my DRG and regularly check other DRGs to see if they're doinitrite. 99% of the time I end up /headdesking at what they're wearing. It's got to the point now where I see certain names in my meripo and just disband there and then.

Then again, I've seen disgracefully geared players on every job in the game, DRGs just stick out to me because I know how they should be gearing. Unfortunately a lot of them can't get the simplest things right or don't even have TP/WS sets.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-23 18:52:58  
DRK and WAR are really terrible too
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-23 18:54:52  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:

DRK are the worst I think ;;
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-23 18:56:55  
THFs come pretty close!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-23 18:58:09  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
THFs come pretty close!

Well yeah, but you dont need them to give you good exp in a meritpt where you randomly invite dds D:
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-23 19:08:57  
Well if you're gonna invite a THF to exp/merit, it had better be good or it is just wasting a slot nonetheless unless I'm misunderstanding you.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-23 19:09:41  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Gearing DRG can be difficult since basically everything good is R/E.

Pretty much why I stopped playing DRG.

It's fun to play though, I just didn't feel like investing tons of time into a job I'd only play occasionally.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-23 19:17:21  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:

DRK are the worst I think ;;
Check BLUs at your own risk.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-05-23 19:29:16  
i make u feel better

DRG TP Phase

for those goingto give ***about the askar helm, i hit 94% hitrate with it

DRG 117DEX DrakesBane set

foragers has the dex+2 u cant see from FoV augment btw
and thal has a extra dex+1 from fov as well
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-23 19:31:15  
Turban with a real accuracy ring >_>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-23 19:31:36  
Quote:
for those goingto give ***about the askar helm, i hit 94% hitrate with it
Threshold value for Askar is a lot lower than 92.5%, even unbuffed =\ Your call though.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-23 19:34:21  
Pizza + Turban/Blitz Ring/Dusk+1 feet eventually (or Homam).

Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-23 19:36:18  
Askar head

Get a cuch mantle and use turban

Bird builds for me (though I go sam more often, as it's better damage)

[+]
By Jimie 2010-05-24 09:36:40  
My bird builds, yet to be outparsed, this includes full usu polearm sams, e.body wars etc. Several improvements could be made to my Drakes set.

Oathkeeper is dmg:99 btw.

Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-24 09:40:53  
Looks very good to me. Only improvement that jumps out at me is the potential of a Blitz Ring during TP. Well, that and OAT Polearm.
By Jimie 2010-05-24 09:47:33  
I sit at 403 acc with the Toreadors which puts me at pretty much acc cap while eating meat on birds.

For mamool I eat pizza and swap the toreadors to blitz.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-24 09:48:26  
Ah, fair play then yeah. Looks like you definitely know what you're doing! Gogo DRG!

EDIT: You could probably manage Blitz when Hasso is up though since it's +10acc!
By Jimie 2010-05-24 09:50:36  
Good point, I'll have a play with it next time.
 Siren.Vise
サーバ: Siren
user: Vise
By Siren.Vise 2010-05-24 09:58:06  
My drg isnt by any means great but, really there are a ton of ***drg about. Probably like everyone has said same for every job, but I only notice DRG cause its my <3
 Caitsith.Trefold
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Trefold 2010-05-24 10:20:02  
not every1 can get full relic liek u gaiz

Kidding, I've seen Thunder Ring and Flame Ring on Drake builds, guessing Thunder Ring is the better option or is there a certain DEX quota you fill, then pile on STR?
 Caitsith.Alriath
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-24 10:21:41  
117 dex for capped crit on Greater Colibri.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-24 10:39:38  
There's no black and white better for Drakes :( I see both builds as equally acceptable.
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11