Man Infects Himself With Computer Virus

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Man infects himself with computer virus
Man infects himself with computer virus
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-05-26 18:05:49  
This topic has been done to death already in everything from Ghost in the Shell, Digimon, Serial Experiments Lain, and .hack/Whatever to Johnny Mnemonic, but the real world is just catching up...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37360942/ns/technology_and_science-security/

...after all, mini-computers (that talk to each other remotely) are now in lots of things--cars, smartphones, biomechanical/bionic devices, tracking chips, and security systems--so the potential for mischief as a "human carrier/vector" for a computer virus can become great.

Maybe the only thing preventing it from becoming dangerous is the utter lack of a uniform standard operating system for all of these things. Apple and Google are working on that though, I'm sure...

And while it's kind of cool to be "the first person ever to get a computer virus" (at least it was on purpose) one day in the not-too-distant future--when we're all plugging in our brains directly into our gaming consoles--I suspect this dubious honour will degrade into something more along the lines of "the first person to ever get computer VD"... ;_;

"Hey baby, I was checking out this modding-site a friend gave me and I think I picked up a virus. But we're still on for tonight, right?" @_@ "Um..." >.>;;
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-26 18:19:11  
I remember reading that this morning. Was interesting to see such a thing was possible, and that possibly, nothing is undoable (Key TTGL Referances).

Honestly mixed feelings leaning to the I don't care side, I'd probably pick up more interest as the technology advances more, but as of now it's stuff that should just get tested a lot to see how far this can go.
By Zekko 2010-05-26 18:29:48  
Technically he didnt infect himself he infected the chip he put in himself. So his body isnt really infected.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-05-26 18:34:17  
As stated on Slashdot already: This is the stupider than the stupidest thing ever stupided.

And also the gem "Hold on, I'm going to be the first cyborg to run linux, just let me install it to this USB drive and find the lube..."
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2010-05-26 18:34:31  
This sort of scares me a bit. Since people already make computer viruses with the intention of messing up software, operating system, etc... What's to stop them from messing up people directly via heart pacemaker, hearing aid, etc...
Very scary stuff
By Schutz 2010-05-26 18:40:29  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Honestly mixed feelings leaning to the I don't care side, I'd probably pick up more interest as the technology advances more, but as of now it's stuff that should just get tested a lot to see how far this can go.

That's ok...we turn to CNN for "news that impacts your world" but we turn to ffxiah.com for "news that impacts your smoking baby." :p
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-26 18:41:43  
Schutz said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
That's ok...we turn to CNN for "news that impacts your world" but we turn to ffxiah.com for "news that impacts your smoking baby." :p
Oh god, I didn't click as I was at the store, but the gifs made me lmao in front of customers ; ;
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-26 18:44:51  
Yeah my brother and I had an argument over this type of thing a few months ago, where he is all about modding and RFID chip implants and what not. I just cant wait till it starts happening. I can see now, waking up to get my news and "reports of people across the world came in today, the 2015 virus has infected nearly 1 billion people worldwide and has resulted in billions of text messaging fees"
 Asura.Funkatron
サーバ: Asura
user: Funkatron
By Asura.Funkatron 2010-06-02 12:35:16  
HAVE FEAR! for when wwe are able to plug into our gaming consoles, ffxi will be long dead!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-06-02 13:07:12  
Schuts compared cartoons to actual real-life events, what a *** moron.

But yeah, its pretty awesome that he managed to do that.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-02 13:54:41  
i hadn't considered this possibility before

this actually has some very scary implications
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-06-02 13:55:35  
imagine getting infected with the Conficker worm, your ***will be all *** up.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-06-02 14:01:07  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

That's ok...everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Like mine, about how you're a dip**** for not being able to understand that I was prefacing the story with a joke. Yes, those "exaggerations intended to juxtapose ideas for humor." Dumb***.

Didn't notice there were jokes at the middle and end, too? Or did you think that final line was a dialogue I actually had taken from real life? ****head.

But yes, it was cool.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-06-02 14:04:06  
Fenrir.Schutz said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

That's ok...everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Like mine, about how you're a dip**** for not being able to understand that I was prefacing the story with a joke. Yes, those "exaggerations intended to juxtapose ideas for humor." Dumb***.

Didn't notice there were jokes at the middle and end, too? Or did you think that final line was a dialogue I actually had taken from real life? ****head.

But yes, it was cool.
using complex words won't make your point stronger, and your joke sucked.
By Schutz 2010-06-02 14:10:04  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Makes my point that you just want to call people names because you're an ***hole who, out of lack of intelligence for not getting it, likes to call people morons. Rich.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-06-02 14:12:20  
Schutz said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Makes my point that you just want to call people names because you're an ***hole who, out of lack of intelligence for not getting it, likes to call people morons. Rich.
hehehehehehe, now that was funny
By Schutz 2010-06-02 14:12:49  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
hehehehehehe, now that was funny

You finally got it! Good job! ^^