Who Plays For FFXI For Fun Anyway?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Who plays for FFXI for fun anyway?
Who plays for FFXI for fun anyway?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Dannie
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 10:51:48  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Moldavite isn't so hot either tbh, but w/e.

he said i wasnt wearing any earrings
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 10:54:12  
Caitsith.Alriath said:
It used to be that good, but sky's market is pretty garbage now. Selling gems I used to bank 1-2m a day with a friend.

Yeah, I seem to remember that >;o

And yeah, just do standard pop NMs. Don't waste your time on Despot solo unless you have ungodly luck. Grab a Curtana, do SC/Zip/Faust and duo BB with someone. Shouldn't take much more than 1-2 hours assuming you don't wait on repops. Take ToDs, stick gems on mules/other people, repeat, etc etc profit.

In downtime can solo Gration/Amemet (he's up a decent amount)/Rapido (never drops and is hard/eats shihei)/Bune/etc. Can mercenary mobs for people (Fenrir I got a lot of customers for), Ungur Boomerang/Sirocco Kukri/Joyeuse etc. You can solo KSNMs like Contaminated Coliseum, KC BCNM I hear, some ISNMs, ZNMs, VNMs, past NMs, etc.

You'll never have trouble making money as a RDM.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 10:54:53  
Fenrir.Dannie said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Moldavite isn't so hot either tbh, but w/e.

he said i wasnt wearing any earrings

Moldy is about as useful to DRK as no earrings <_>
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-30 10:56:04  
Fenrir.Dannie said:
like i said drk is only going to 75 for xbox achevmrment only, i have no plans on meriting it nor using it in a ls event when my other jobs are more usefull. im not trying to be pig headded but most of my WAR and DRG gear can be used for DRK past Lv.70 so buying and selling is pointless for me. by the looks of it ur a full time drk. i read ur gear sets and what not and i have most of that stuff already other then ace and "Omega" gear.

you have most of raenryong's gear?

lol

you're using a potent, no homam, you have an ebody? i guess i could claim perfect gear too if i hid my item history
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-30 10:58:58  
Why am I even in this thread?!
[+]
 Caitsith.Alriath
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-30 10:59:33  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Caitsith.Alriath said:
It used to be that good, but sky's market is pretty garbage now. Selling gems I used to bank 1-2m a day with a friend.

Yeah, I seem to remember that >;o

And yeah, just do standard pop NMs. Don't waste your time on Despot solo unless you have ungodly luck. Grab a Curtana, do SC/Zip/Faust and duo BB with someone. Shouldn't take much more than 1-2 hours assuming you don't wait on repops. Take ToDs, stick gems on mules/other people, repeat, etc etc profit.

In downtime can solo Gration/Amemet (he's up a decent amount)/Rapido (never drops and is hard/eats shihei)/Bune/etc. Can mercenary mobs for people (Fenrir I got a lot of customers for), Ungur Boomerang/Sirocco Kukri/Joyeuse etc. You can solo KSNMs like Contaminated Coliseum, KC BCNM I hear, some ISNMs, ZNMs, VNMs, past NMs, etc.

You'll never have trouble making money as a competent RDM.

This is very true.

I've become so lazy with gearing/killing stuff on rdm, especially since I still haven't got my Dchap ; ;.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 11:00:12  
Still no Dchap? This is an insult since so many curebot RDMs have them!
[+]
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-30 11:01:38  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Still no Dchap? This is an insult since so many curebot RDMs have them!

You have no idea :/. Not that I ever needed one but I'ms want smexy fresh!
 Fenrir.Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 11:12:49  
Raenryong
Dark Knight - WS (Balanced) - Balanced set.

Item Name AH Price
Black Cuisses 150,000 yes
Perdu Sickle no
Pole Grip 4,000 yes
Fire Bomblet 970,000 no
Hecatomb Cap no
Justice Torque no
Assault Earring 230,000 yes
Brutal Earring yes
Chaos Gauntlets +1 yes
Rajas Ring yes
Potent Belt 40,000 yes
Hecatomb Leggings no
Toreador's Ring 2,000,000 no
Forager's Mantle 200,000 yes
Adaman Hauberk no
8/15 yes i have is most also this isnt in account im 69drk so i cant wear most of it and yes i have af+1 already

Edit: his TP gear is mostly 71+ so it has no meanning to me atm.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 11:17:57  
2m? fml toreador's rings I bought mine for like 3.3.
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-30 11:20:03  
I thought the same thing when I noticed Hauby+1's going for 1.5m here or CCmantles for 3m(I had to pay 5m for mine lol).
 Fenrir.Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 11:20:10  
all i did was copy and past
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-30 11:24:55  
Fenrir.Dannie said:
Raenryong
Dark Knight - WS (Balanced) - Balanced set.

Item Name AH Price
Black Cuisses 150,000 yes
Perdu Sickle no
Pole Grip 4,000 yes
Fire Bomblet 970,000 no
Hecatomb Cap no
Justice Torque no
Assault Earring 230,000 yes
Brutal Earring yes
Chaos Gauntlets 1 yes
Rajas Ring yes
Potent Belt 40,000 yes
Hecatomb Leggings no
Toreador's Ring 2,000,000 no
Forager's Mantle 200,000 yes
Adaman Hauberk no
8/15 yes i have is most also this isnt in account im 69drk so i cant wear most of it and yes i have af 1 already

Edit: his TP gear is mostly 71 so it has no meanning to me atm.

lollllllll

i'm like rean too because i have a foragers and a pole grip! basically you have all the things that you can buy at an ah or are easy to get

and none of the actual gear that is even remotely hard to get

we have different definitions of most lol

you said you had most of his gear, not the easy-to-get half of one of his sets
 Fenrir.Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-30 11:29:06  
gosh how many time do i gotta say i play for fun? if i wanted to get the best of the best for my drk i would join a real eg ls an be "1337" player but im not because i like to chat.....
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 12:05:30  
Just for the record since I could be seen to be coming off as a bit arrogant etc here, I don't expect amazing endgame gear from someone to consider them a good player because honestly endgame drops are as much about luck and opportunity as anything else.

However, I do consider there to be a huge distinction between someone wearing the following (using DRK as an example);

Moli/Pole/---/Core
Turban/Chiv/Fowling/Brutal
Haub/Dusk/Moli/Rajas
Amemet+1/Headlong/Black/Dusk

and something like

Death/Mythril+1/Lightning Bow/---
Turban/Spike Necklace/Fang Earring/Brutal Earring
Haub/Pallas' Bracelets/Ruby Ring/Rajas Ring
Smilodon Mantle/Warwolf Belt/AF1/AF1

etc. Both are formed from the same tier of endgame drops etc but one clearly shows more aptitude than the other. I have 0 problem whatsoever playing with people who don't have Homam or whatever - I do have problems playing with people who just stick whatever they can in a given slot and call it a day. I am not implying you are the latter here by the way, am just saying.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 12:28:20  
Wish contaminated coliseum put out more or had better drops. Sure looks like an easy solo. But average money drop for 30 seals seems kinda icky especially considering how easy something like Copycat is and how often I see shouts for it
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 12:41:20  
I lucked out and got a Cassie Earring on first try :p
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-05-30 12:53:20  
Wow, topic is still alive. Well I promised I'd answer.

I applied for a few things for the hell of it. Of course I know my limits it's not like I applied to the super high-tier EGLSes, just the ones with a friendly face. But I'm not childish enough to come on here and say "*** this LS, they're elitist" just because I didn't get in.

Really the anger stems from coming to this site and seeing people with poor gear be demonized. So every now and then I feel the need to rant. But I guess I forgot to acknowledge that not everyone who does the same kind of things I do are as accomplished. There are some horrible players out there, I've seen em. But no matter the gear I always try to give everyone a chance.

If anyone knows someone who's a great player and doesn't use the greatest gear, I'd really like to hear about it.
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-30 13:00:30  
Fenrir.Shindo said:

I applied for a few things for the hell of it. Of course I know my limits it's not like I applied to the super high-tier EGLSes, just the ones with a friendly face. But I'm not childish enough to come on here and say "*** this LS, they're elitist" just because I didn't get in.

Really the anger stems from coming to this site and seeing people with poor gear be demonized. So every now and then I feel the need to rant. But I guess I forgot to acknowledge that not everyone who does the same kind of things I do are as accomplished. There are some horrible players out there, I've seen em. But no matter the gear I always try to give everyone a chance.

If anyone knows someone who's a great player and doesn't use the greatest gear, I'd really like to hear about it.

Mahayaya, Avg gear / amazing player.

Personally I dislike people with the means to have nice gear but lack knowledge(simple or otherwise)while I help those with knowledge but hardly any means.
 Sylph.Darkcloudx
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Darkcloudx 2010-05-30 13:44:39  
Last week I was leveling BRD, so yeah, I was "that bard" heh, anyway it's a level 50s sync, the SAM in the party shows up wearing AF body, weapon, and an assortment of horrible gear.

I call them out on it, so happens that the rest of the party were all linkshell friends so they jump me about it. The SAM defends themselves by saying "I'm cheap". Wrong answer much? I can understand how you may not be able to afford the best, but when you could go spend 30k at the AH and get better than you're using, please do. And if you can't afford 30k you better farm not exp.

Look, I play for fun, if it was not fun I wouldn't be playing. Let's put it this way.. you want to come TP in your str rings, 0 acc, Full AF, whatever crap you want because it's your 12.95, how about I just use Tier 1 songs, is that ok? Why should I pull out the good stuff when its clear you aren't even going to try?

If its elitist to expect to make 10k an hour at a pink birds camp, I am guilty as charged.

/rant off
[+]
 Unicorn.Celestius
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-05-30 13:54:26  
Lol @ gear hounds w/ no content played, (lemme guess rank 10 in Sandy only.) Did you know a competent player, someone that understands game dynamics and good battle plans, can play the three months worth of game content SEinc put in for non gear farmers with a non merited two one handed axe wielding warrior? And no, you dont even need a juggy. If your self esteem is seriously based on what people you will never meet think about a cartoon character you are playing with, well......
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-30 13:57:50  
Quote:
Who plays for FFXI for fun anyway?

/slowpoke

I probably had more fun goofing off with my social LS friends doing crazy things in Campaign, or getting lost somewhere trying to outrun some Peiste before it kills me then someone who is stressing out at an EG event.

Phoenix.Elanabelle
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Elanabelle 2010-05-30 14:03:37  
There's basically three types of people playing FFXI:
1. People that play for achievement. ("gamers", "winners")
2. People that play for entertainment. ("casuals")
3. People that play to satisfy their inadequacies. ("losers")

The 2nd group does, in fact, play for fun. If you look in the right places, you'll find them. Large-community FFXI forums are probably not the "right places".

People in the 3rd group try to pretend like they're in the 1st group. They tend to be socially abnormal, and hopelessly insecure. They will go out of their way to "rain on your parade" and pump up their meager self-esteem through "virtual domination" of your character. It's sad, really. But, MMORPG's attract this type of person, so they aren't going anywhere. If you'd like to avoid these folks, and play for fun, then avoid regular visits to FFXI forums, and use FFXI's Black List function liberally.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 14:06:16  
Fenrir.Shindo said:

Personally, if I demonize somebody here the gear is a secondary cause (if it's even involved) rather than a primary one. I really feel like your anger is horribly misdirected.

I suppose I could try and give a few names depending on how shiny we're talking about with "the greatest gear".
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-30 14:49:04  
If you look at the situation as people desperately trying to justify their time investment by insulting the intelligence or competence of people who don't choose to spend their time exactly the same way they do, it all makes perfect sense.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-30 14:50:29  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
If you look at the situation as people desperately trying to justify their time investment by insulting the intelligence or competence of people who don't choose to spend their time exactly the same way they do, it all makes perfect sense.

I love you Jaerik.. You always come in a thread, and even if you weren't an Admin, you would shut everyone the hell up.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-30 14:57:09  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I love you Jaerik.. You always come in a thread, and even if you weren't an Admin, you would shut everyone the hell up.
I think it's the red bar of death that gives this effect lol.

Nah, even without the red bar he'd be awesome. The red bar stops people talking back though. =P
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 14:57:14  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I lucked out and got a Cassie Earring on first try :p
It's people like you that keep the odds where they are when I go 0/312142432423.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7