Who Plays For FFXI For Fun Anyway?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Who plays for FFXI for fun anyway?
Who plays for FFXI for fun anyway?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-05-30 14:59:30  
I'm not trying to be a ***, or even to say I'm any different. Hell, I spent god knows how much time not just playing FF11 (during which time it was srs bzns), but then went and helped make a site that snoops the game's auction house as a side project.

The point is, a little self-examination before opening one's mouth would go a long way in these games. As annoyed and furious you might be about X player not having spent the 5000 requisite hours to outfit themselves exactly like you've chosen to, there are about 6,823,800,000 other people in the world who would look at how we spend our time and say we're the stupid ones.

Have fun, and judge not lest ye be judged.
[+]
 Leviathan.Scorch
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-05-30 15:02:36  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I'm not trying to be a ***, or even to say I'm any different. Hell, I spent god knows how much time not just playing FF11 (during which time it was srs bzns), but then went and helped make a site that snoops the game's auction house as a side project.

The point is, a little self-examination before opening one's mouth would go a long way in these games. As annoyed and furious you might be about X player not having spent the 5000 requisite hours to outfit themselves exactly like you've chosen to, there are about 6,823,800,000 other people in the world who would look at how we spend our time and say we're the stupid ones.

Have fun, and judge not lest ye be judged.

Amen
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-05-30 15:12:36  
Well said, Jaerik and Mabrook. Well said, indeed.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-30 16:19:24  
Bismarck.Oroborus said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Well said, Jaerik and Mabrook. Well said, indeed.

I 2nd that! Nice to see people being positive on here instead of flaming which is pretty much what I was expecting. =)

You sir, have a really epic avatar. Name aswell!
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 16:20:54  
The majority of "elitists" don't expect perfection from other people or anything close - we just want a co-ordinated effort which allows you to perform your role well.

As said previously, if you're not doing any kind of group activity with me then I won't care - your "fun" is not impacting my "fun". I'm certainly not going to open my mouth and start nitpicking people's gear if they're standing at the AH or whatever.

However, if you're doing a group activity with me and your gear is diabolical then ... well, we won't be doing that group activity :p again, not talking about perfection here. People can twist this sentence but the majority here know what I mean by substandard.

You do have a second group of people though and stereotypically these often belong in the big HNM shells - the type who look down on people without x,y and z HNM gear. The majority of these people aren't great players themselves.

It doesn't take an overwhelming time investment to be good or at the very least decent by my standards, yet people seem to think that to become decent-good by my standards you must have no life etc. Play smarter, not harder.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-30 16:22:09  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
The majority of "elitists" don't expect perfection from other people or anything close - we just want a co-ordinated effort which allows you to perform your role well.

As said previously, if you're not doing any kind of group activity with me then I won't care - your "fun" is not impacting my "fun". I'm certainly not going to open my mouth and start nitpicking people's gear if they're standing at the AH or whatever.

However, if you're doing a group activity with me and your gear is diabolical then ... well, we won't be doing that group activity :p again, not talking about perfection here. People can twist this sentence but the majority here know what I mean by substandard.

You do have a second group of people though and stereotypically these often belong in the big HNM shells - the type who look down on people without x,y and z HNM gear. The majority of these people aren't great players themselves.

It doesn't take an overwhelming time investment to be good or at the very least decent by my standards, yet people seem to think that to become decent-good by my standards you must have no life etc. Play smarter, not harder.

^ This.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 16:31:46  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

QFT. You can say judge not all you like, this is an MMO and what you do impacts how I play the game and vice versa. If you're not running an event with me I don't care unless you set me off by some other means (which is something you can expect in-game or IRL), but I do feel entitled to say/do something if I've got a player in my party/alliance who I feel could cost me the run or severely impact the quality of my EXP. My standard is hardly unreasonable either.

If it's not my party I'll often just quietly leave if I'm not satisfied, and even if it is I'm very non-confrontational. Sometimes it's easier to just leave it be. If you're going to cost me a run though... see ya later!

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-05-30 16:33:06  
I feel about the same as Raenryong. I don't expect Ebodies, HQ hauby and Hecatomb caps, but if you're doing an event WITH me I don't want a 75 war/35nin in an AJ using axe/swords.

Most of the ppl I play with have fulltime jobs and can only really get on for events most of the time. They all have top notch gear, which isn't needed, I only expect decent gear, i'm just saying time isn't really an excuse. It's how you use that time.

If someone doesn't care about their gear, that's fine i'm just not gonna do ***with them when they are gonna end up pulling me down, but it's not like it's hard to obtain acceptable gear, they just refuse to do it. Also, run-on sentences ftw.
[+]
 Odin.Venomous
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2010-05-30 16:36:46  
I play for the fun!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 16:38:05  
Also incoming YE OLDE screenshot, nostalgia goggles on:

This is what I looked like at 64DRK (first job). I spent a good amount of time and effort ensuring that I wouldn't be substandard or dragging anybody's exp down. I was in full time education at the time, didn't skip class to play XI and generally still had a life.

Chiv Chain was macro'd in when actually fighting something. Those are Woodsmans. I'm most definitely not pimp there but I wouldn't have any problem with anyone geared like that or a slightly weaker version than that. This is all the effort we ask for. At level 60+, if you have enough time to farm for (often useless) AF, you have enough time to make money to support your job and support the people you play with!
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-30 16:38:23  
Everyone plays for fun, nobody logs on thinking can't wait to waste my night being miserable. Fun equates to different things for different people. Elitists won't be on your back if you aren't in their face all the time, same way you'd react IRL. It's a very small minority who actually seek out weaker/worse off players to criticise them.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 16:39:48  
The best response to the people who do just seek out people without HNM gear etc to make fun of them is to tell them to kiss your
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-30 16:40:38  
lol really making the most out of your avatar.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 16:41:18  
Would be doing such a wonderful thing a disservice if I didn't!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 16:43:45  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Also incoming YE OLDE screenshot, nostalgia goggles on:

This is what I looked like at 64DRK (first job). I spent a good amount of time and effort ensuring that I wouldn't be substandard or dragging anybody's exp down. I was in full time education at the time, didn't skip class to play XI and generally still had a life.

Chiv Chain was macro'd in when actually fighting something. Those are Woodsmans. I'm most definitely not pimp there but I wouldn't have any problem with anyone geared like that or a slightly weaker version than that. This is all the effort we ask for. At level 60 , if you have enough time to farm for (often useless) AF, you have enough time to make money to support your job and support the people you play with!
Get a grip you *** gimp!

Yes, I realize that SS was taken before the grip update. <3
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 16:45:28  
Who needs a grip when you can wear a Fire Bomblet 6 levels early?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 16:46:47  
HAX

OMG HAX

I'M REPORTING YOU TO THE STF

RAEN'S A DIRTY HACKER

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME RAEN
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-30 16:48:37  
Trying to distract attention from my Tiger Rings :/

EDIT: WAIT NO they are Hard Leather Rings. I thought the old Sniper+1 wannabes were Tiger+1.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-30 16:53:40  
Your avatar is all the distraction you need.
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-30 17:29:11  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Your avatar is all the distraction you need.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-30 17:45:01  
Bismarck.Oroborus said:
Yes, there probably is another thread that basically says the same thing I'm trying to say but I'm too lazy to look for it. I was just curious to see who actually plays this game for fun anymore? I mean I do... But what about the unhappy, grumpy *** that have nothing better to do but make fun of people for how they are geared, or how they play their job, etc...

I'm pretty sure that this isn't something new to most of us but it seems to me that some people don't really enjoy playing anymore, and only spend time ragging on others or just ***talking other people for stupid reasons and making them feel "inferior". Inferior on a video game, where none of our virtual possessions/accomplishments mean *** out side of our little world of Vanadiel.

I'm not posting this to cry about anything, although most probably will look at it that way. I suppose I've just been oblivious to how often it goes on this whole time. Only recently have I started paying more attention to it. I had a friend possibly leave the game because of this attitude and maybe he just didn't care anymore and was looking for an excuse to quit but what led up to his decision to leave is the ***talking.

Some people have thicker skin and can take that kind of stuff. The whole thing reminds me of high school, middle school even, when people would poke fun at the lesser fortunate students that didn't have the nicest clothes, shoes, toys and other material possessions. The bottom line is...

Would it kill everyone to just be a little less um... a little less of a *** towards one another? Is it that hard? I'm not the innocent one here and I'll be the first one to admit that I have poked fun at someone occasionally for the same reasons. I understand to most of the veteran players that it gets to be a little frustrating at times when people aren't as prepared/equipped as you would like them to be. But if you are truly a Veteran then you should know good and damn well that you might want to ask people a few questions if its something that is going to be a problem for you.

***START ***TALKING HERE***

i use to be the kind one in this game, but ive become the *** that critic the small things. you don't have to have +1 everything or even the best gear for jobs. but you should know how to play the game properly so we all can achieve that goal we all want as a team. judging ppl on gear is lame. most ppl with the best of the best gear suck so bad its sad.

ppl on this game are retards. most have an e-peen so huge it blocks their vision on how much fun this game is and the friends you can make. its become Gil > Gear > Friendship.

funny, if you're a douche to everyone, you get more respect. if you're a friend and help out, you get nothing in return but /ranting and ppl treating you like ***. Thats the REAL reason this game is dying and cant be revived back to 2005.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-05-30 17:51:16  
IDk what the OP said.. ( and I dont need it copied)...

Why else would you play FFXI for?? To make money? Are you a said Gil Seller???

GTFO out, this shouldn't be for you...

..but if your are playing for fun, then that's what its all about.

Laterz...
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-30 18:10:23  
Ultimately, if we like it or not, this game changes people. I have seen nice people (including myself) turned into absolute *** by this game. Myself personally, when I started playing this game 5 years ago, I was a very happy person, nice to everyone I came across, even if they were cruel to me. (See my picture in the real life pictures thread, you'll get the idea why) I was honestly tormented, but I stuck with it, and I was fine overall.

I started playing this.. and slowly, but surely, most of my hope in people was stripped away, layer by layer. I became mean, and cruel to nearly everybody I didn't know, mostly because my expectations were lowered by idiots and *** to the point where I just stopped caring about being nice to people. Occasionally, that nice person in me will come back, but it is most certainly not in game on the majority.

To be frank, and honest, this game effectively killed me. I am a different person now, I don't like it one bit. As such, thanks people of FFXI, for being absolute ***. Now go on, prove my point, I know this will get trolled to all hell and back, rated down, etc etc.

However, for the sake of ending on a good note, I have met very very few people who couldn't be nicer, and honestly care about others. Sadly, most of these people have long quit, or are classed as "gimps" because they put others above themselves in the long run, and haven't thought about themselves and nobody else. To these people, where ever you are, thank you for not doing the above, and helping me hang onto that shred of hope I have in people, and also for giving me a reason for playing all these years. Deny it or admit it, this game is about the people, and that is what makes the game fun. Playing alone, even if the game was changed to be a solo game for whatever reason would be no fun.

/rantoff
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-30 18:20:32  
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ultimately, if we like it or not, this game changes people. I have seen nice people (including myself) turned into absolute *** by this game. Myself personally, when I started playing this game 5 years ago, I was a very happy person, nice to everyone I came across, even if they were cruel to me. (See my picture in the real life pictures thread, you'll get the idea why) I was honestly tormented, but I stuck with it, and I was fine overall.

I started playing this.. and slowly, but surely, most of my hope in people was stripped away, layer by layer. I became mean, and cruel to nearly everybody I didn't know, mostly because my expectations were lowered by idiots and *** to the point where I just stopped caring about being nice to people. Occasionally, that nice person in me will come back, but it is most certainly not in game on the majority.

To be frank, and honest, this game effectively killed me. I am a different person now, I don't like it one bit. As such, thanks people of FFXI, for being absolute ***. Now go on, prove my point, I know this will get trolled to all hell and back, rated down, etc etc.

However, for the sake of ending on a good note, I have met very very few people who couldn't be nicer, and honestly care about others. Sadly, most of these people have long quit, or are classed as "gimps" because they put others above themselves in the long run, and haven't thought about themselves and nobody else. To these people, where ever you are, thank you for not doing the above, and helping me hang onto that shred of hope I have in people, and also for giving me a reason for playing all these years. Deny it or admit it, this game is about the people, and that is what makes the game fun. Playing alone, even if the game was changed to be a solo game for whatever reason would be no fun.

/rantoff

I think most if it has to do with Asura Dale. All the so called Elitist, Shout for their gear. once they have it, Theyre better then you. Asura is really trash. Very few awesome ppl on this server. and the biggest *** ive ever met in my game life.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-05-30 18:22:05  
My viewpoint:

When i started FF i was about 13/14. I remember leveling in Ronfaure, getting my first Spatha, attacking my first Ram at level 12 in the Plateau(getting 1 shotted). My first journey to Jeuno running through Batallia Downs ***scared of being aggro'd, then being amazed at Jeuno when i got there.

To be honest it's not the game, it's just that times have changed. People have become elitest in real life to the point that it's found its way onto games. It's not just FF it's every other game that people have social interactions.

To be honest this game isnt fun anymore. Its a rehash of old content everytime they bring something new out. It would be fun for someone new i guess but after 6 years of playing its just a chore. The general mindset has always been about gear, if you want to have fun good for you, but its always been about gear.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7