users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Einherjar » Einherjar glitch {Found it!}
Einherjar glitch {Found it!}
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-30 21:26:46  
My linkshell was trying to do Einherjar today as our normal time, and the person breaking the lamp tried to enter and couldn't because "somebody" was already fighting mobs (he broke the lamp, and had not entered yet, so I don't know how anyone could be fighting mobs inside).

He already broke the lamp and everyone had theirs, but he couldn't get in, which resulted in ourselves not able to enter. We called a GM, a SGM, and still nothing could get done.

What we did find out is, however, that somebody in his party (was in his party, but it could be anyone who has a lamp for all I know) had just finished his Odin quest up to the first CS needed in Hazhalm Testing Ground's Door (the one that you trade the lamp to enter) and was watching the CS when the glass was broken, so that is possibly the reason why we couldn't get in at that time.

After we lose the lamp, and had to go get a new one, we all entered just fine, so I do believe that CS was the reason.

Just a heads up for everyone, because this might be a problem for you guys now.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-05-30 22:23:02  
very interesting!

glad it eventually worked out for you guys
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-05-30 22:43:22  
yeah, we ran into that glitch too. unfortunately, it was an Odin's chamber run. Worked out alright though, just half the LS asleep while thigs got sorted out
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-05-30 23:39:28  
Oh, good to know. Thanks for the heads-up, Korpg. :-)
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-31 00:01:01  
And here I was expecting a nice juicy thread to go from Glitch > Exploit > Windower = Cheating.
[+]
 Titan.Jingizu
サーバ: Titan
user: Jingizu
By Titan.Jingizu 2010-05-31 07:07:36  
Thanks for the info Korpg. I'm glad the run turned out okay in the end, but, I think it sucks y'all had to actually buy another lamp. The least, that could have been done, was that your initial lamp been reset somehow.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-05-31 07:15:00  
YOu would have thought the GM would reimburse you for that ***.
[+]
 Phoenix.Slytribal
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-05-31 08:20:14  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:

Other games GMs, maybe.
SE chosen GMs.. Them not being able to do anything is their answer to almost everything.
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
サーバ: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-05-31 08:22:50  
Phoenix.Slytribal said:
Other games GMs, maybe. SE chosen GMs.. Them not being able to do anything is their answer to almost everything.

Probably cause se dousn't write their paychecks so they kind of do w/e they feel like. :/
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-05-31 08:24:05  
Phoenix.Slytribal said:

Other games GMs, maybe.
SE chosen GMs.. Them not being able to do anything is their answer to almost everything, that and 'We'll look into it'.

Meh, i'd have raised hell until I got my gil back, sure it's not alot, but ... would pay for a replacement glass.
[+]
By 3216694 2010-05-31 08:56:12  
im surprised know it all tiger woods hasnt shown up on here yet with his 2 cents..
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
サーバ: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-05-31 09:11:39  
3216694 said:
im surprised know it all tiger woods hasnt shown up on here yet with his 2 cents..
Anon user saying somthing in a radom thread about another player to get things started it would seem...
you's trollin xD

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-31 10:09:15  
3216694 said:

Lucant?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-31 10:14:56  
What happened.

"Hey ***is broke yo!"

"I'm sorry but we checked and everything is working as intended"

Then zoom out to a comp with a auto-respond bot set up. Zoom out farther to some Huge guy muching on snacks like 20 feet away watching the entire Lost series back to back
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-31 10:57:22  
As far as I know, they have not reimburse my shell yet for the glass.

But thats ok, my linkshell only paid for the first glass, I paid for the second and don't expect money back. If they reimburse us, my shell just had a free run with synth items for win. If they don't, the items paid for the run (mostly).

Either way, its all good.

But they did have the person breaking the glass (who couldn't join for the run, but thats ok, he has 9 feathers anyway) write a "special report" for the GMs, or something like that...
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-05-31 15:16:17  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
What happened.

"Hey ***is broke yo!"

"I'm sorry but we checked and everything is working as intended"
GM's don't seem to care about bugs lately. I had found that if someone in your party uses one of those Chocobo hats while you're weakened you get trapped in the egg with a "DEBUG: please report" icon. While I was stuck in the egg I made a GM call, but before he responded the pt leader toggled Level Sync which booted us out of the costume.

A few mins later [GM]Idontgiveashit contacted me, interrupted my explanation to tell me that what happened was not a bug, and then spammed form responses at me until I abandoned all hope.