Account Possibly Compromised.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » account possibly compromised.
account possibly compromised.
 Asura.Fuji
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Fuji
By Asura.Fuji 2010-06-01 21:48:33  
Just like it says, apparently sometime Sunday evening my acct. was taken. I logged in that morning without any problems. When I got home that evening POL gave me that dreaded "incorrect POL ID or password" pop-up.

Luckily I just returned from a 2 year "game quit give away all my stuff worth any value" (you know how those go) at the beginning of the month. I didn't exactly have much to come back to other than r/ex gear. Still though, after playing on and off since the early 2000s it would suck to come back to nothing at all after spending hours upon hours of time and $.

It scares me that anyone could even get my info seeing as I've never given it out nor have I ever entered it anywhere other than where necessary. But I guess account stealing is more and more common these days...so this doesn't particularly surprise me, it just really pisses me off.

Anyway, I'm going to try and get in touch with SE tomorrow. Hopefully it's as simple as a password change...but I somewhat doubt it. Would have called them Monday but they were closed and with RL and work it just didn't happen.

If anyone else is having a similar problem please share any details. And if anyone sees my character running around or behaving oddly let me know. My character wasn't anything particularly fantastic but it would be a shame to lose all of that hard work as many of you know.
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-06-01 21:56:54  
im sure you can call SE up give them character details and other info that they ask for.

not sure if I've seen your character online or not but i hope you get it back :(

sucks you go away for a bit come back and everything is different ;;
 Asura.Zarine
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Zarine 2010-06-02 10:49:55  
For what it's worth, I had a lot of trouble logging in the other evening. I have two accounts which are typically logged in at the same time, so I logged in the one, but couldn't for the life of me get logged into Zarine.

I have security tokens on both, although I have disabled the one-time PW for each login. I triple-checked everything to make sure I was entering my PW in correctly, toggled capslock, used their little keypad thingy, no luck. Anyway, I kept trying for about 30 minutes, and then magically it decided to work. :/ No clue wtf was wrong with it, but yeah, maybe you were lucky enough to have a similar situation..

Remora.Galen
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Galen 2010-06-02 11:41:44  
For a while we were experiencing this on Leviathan. I contacted a GM after many of my Ls were reporting the same problems. The GM cocoloot told me that they were still experiencing high loads on the servers and they were trying to rectify it. Also if I experienced the problem to wait 20/30 minutes before trying to log in again.

A bit of an annoying inconvenience but when it happened to myself also I was relieved to know I hadn't been compromised.
It's not like I have anything to take anyways though lol.
 Asura.Fuji
user: Fuji
By Asura.Fuji 2010-06-02 11:48:25  
I hope that's my situation, but I had a friend report the account possibly compromised anyway just to be safe. A GM should be able to lock it down until the issue is investigated. All I know is I've tried and tried but to no avail.

Not to mention my bank account posted a hefty $51 charge by SE. Considering all I've purchased since I came back was an add-on scenario (and I've already payed a double-fee for reactivation) I don't see how the bill was so high without some tampering going on.

They are doing emergency maintenance right now so they can't do any account tweaks until that's complete. I'm basically SOL until then.
 Asura.Funkatron
user: Funkatron
By Asura.Funkatron 2010-06-02 12:49:17  
Well, that sucks man, ill keep an eye out for your character. ill even harass them! if its you, the safe word is bananna!