Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-05 17:04:20  
K then..
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-05 17:08:57  
I downloaded Avatar like awhile ago, maybe about a week before the DVD came out. My brother wanted a copy, he saw it in theaters. I've yet to watch it though. It still doesn't peak my interest. Whenever I ask ppl how is it, all i get is it's awesome you gotta watch it. Meh.

When I get answers from people who get fired up and start telling me the story that's when I get interested. I've yet to get an opinion like that, maybe that's why I still haven't watched it.
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 17:14:07  
Visually; worth watching. James Cameron had to pretty much make a whole new set of technology just for this film and it is downright stunning how amazingly surreal and detailed everything is. Even if the movie itself doesn't interest you, just watching for the visuals is worth it alone.

However, if you're looking for an in depth story and complex character development, look elsewhere. The plot is nothing more than a washed up version of Dances With Wolves/The Last Samurai/Pocahontas, etc. Overall it was quite entertaining although borderline excessive in its duration. Don't expect it to be Oscar worthy outside of special effects though.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-06-05 17:17:32  
Avatar: Biggest rip-off of Ferngully ever. Proof you can still copy films and make millions.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-05 17:18:35  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Visually; worth watching. James Cameron had to pretty much make a whole new set of technology just for this film and it is downright stunning how amazingly surreal and detailed everything is. Even if the movie itself doesn't interest you, just watching for the visuals is worth it alone.

However, if you're looking for an in depth story and complex character development, look elsewhere. The plot is nothing more than a washed up version of Dances With Wolves/The Last Samurai. Overall it was quite entertaining although borderline excessive in its duration. Don't expect it to be Oscar worthy outside of special effects though.
So it's kind of like Transformers 2?
At least I know I'm not missing anything though, thanks :D
 Hades.Blevien
サーバ: Hades
user: Blev
By Hades.Blevien 2010-06-05 17:22:42  
Zekko said:
Avatar: Biggest rip-off of Ferngully ever. Proof you can still copy films and make millions.

i thought the same thing. it's just Ferngully with big blue monkeys instead of pixies or w/e they were. oh, and this one has guns.
 Hades.Ethereal
By Hades.Ethereal 2010-06-05 17:29:27  
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-05 17:31:06  
If you're bored with nothing to do, it's worth the watch, personally, I loved the movie, but I know there are plenty who felt the story line wasn't that great..

There are far worse Hollywood movies out there, some of which I'm sure you've seen.. Pandorum, Quarantine, and Blindness, just to name a few.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-05 17:31:55  
Borderlands is a better Pandora.
 Hades.Ethereal
By Hades.Ethereal 2010-06-05 17:32:25  
Siren.Enternius said:
Borderlands is a better Pandora.
Hell yar it is :D
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-05 17:38:00  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
If you're bored with nothing to do, it's worth the watch, personally, I loved the movie, but I know there are plenty who felt the story line wasn't that great..

There are far worse Hollywood movies out there, some of which I'm sure you've seen.. Pandorum, Quarantine, and Blindness, just to name a few.
Worst movie I saw in the past year or so was "The Happening" If you never heard of it then consider yourself lucky.

Quarantine was the only one I saw out of those. It's wasn't anything to write home about, but it wasn't too bad. If anything I think it was a relief after seeing "The Happening"
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-05 17:39:41  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Worst movie I saw in the past year or so was "The Happening" If you never heard of it then consider yourself lucky.

Quarantine was the only one I saw out of those. It's wasn't anything to write home about, but it wasn't too bad. If anything I think it was a relief after seeing "The Happening"

Oh no, I suffered through The Happening as well.. I'm glad I pirated the damn movie, I would have risen hell if I had payed for that.

EDIT: There are also plenty of others out there, those were just the 3 I could think of off the top of my head.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 17:40:20  
I saw the happening. I have to admit it left a lot to be desired, but the concept of the story alone was frightening, but was delivered very poorly on film. I think this would be significantly more successful as a book more so than a film, since books can give graphic in depth looks into the psyche which film can't come close to.

Also Quarantine was lame for the same reason the Blair Witch Project was lame.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-05 17:44:00  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Oh no, I suffered through The Happening as well.. I'm glad I pirated the damn movie, I would have risen hell if I had payed for that.

EDIT: There are also plenty of others out there, those were just the 3 I could think of off the top of my head.
Dude I suffered though it in theaters, but with my optimum rewards cards. So I didn't actually pay for the tickets. If I paid hard earned cash for that, I would have definitely asked for my money back!
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 17:46:52  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Dude I suffered though it in theaters, but with my optimum rewards cards. So I didn't actually pay for the tickets. If I paid hard earned cash for that, I would have definitely asked for my money back!

We saw your movie, and we didn't like it. Can we have our money back please?