New MNK Gear!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » New MNK gear!
New MNK gear!
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-06-21 19:27:15  
out of all the great new gear, what would you say is intresting for MNK.

my curret setup is

Main: Destroyers (wich was destoryed by the Verethragna)
Sub: nothing.. MAKE MNKS BE ABLE TO USE GRIPS D**MIT!
RANGE: none
AMMO: smart gurnade: (was changed to just rare now)(planning on replaceing with the Thew Bomblet)
the rest i havn't decided what to upgrade to,
Head: wal-mart turban for TP, anwig for weaponskilling
Neck: chiv chain
L.ear: brutal
R.ear: courl
Body: shura togi
Hands: ochido's rare/ex thing kote
L.ring flame/woodsman (depends on what im fighting)
R.ring rajas ring
Back: amament +1
Waist: brown belt (yea. still working on that black belt >.>)
legs: byakko's
Feet: depending on case. TP in the haste+3 unless im in footworks mode. then its KKs weaponskill with the KKs putting up footworks momentary and removing. no non footworks weaponskill peaces yet

not exactly mega monk gear. but its pritty decent. i hate seeing people do soo much hard work to earn gear only to be outdated by this update... and this is only the level 80
i honestly wasn't expecting as much gear to get outdated for only 5 levels... but they just replaced pants with MORE haste then byakkos! /rage i spent 2.5 years working for my kitty pants!

anyway there is soo much noteable gear. im having a mental meltdown and hopefully its not oging to be stupid to get. (already know the Stat+6 rings are going to be HQ of the current ones... should of been out a LONG time ago) and the stat+2 earrings as well!

please post any MNK/PUP related gear that completely obsoleted current gear.

[+]
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2010-06-21 19:32:43  
@ OP

This post...was probably the worst demonstration of coherent English literacy I have witnessed...ever. ><
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-06-21 19:36:19  
Cerberus.Neojuggernaut said:
@ OP

This post...was probably the worst demonstration of coherent English literacy I have witnessed...ever. ><

well excuuuuuse me princess..

i was in a hurray and exceeded... and still am!

to all those gramer ***... just go away now. it will only get worse
[+]
 Diabolos.Renavi
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-06-21 19:37:30  
Chukwa's Egg

Looks like there may be a new MNK belt coming out in a future update. Has the same symbol that the first three BB items had and also is said to be dropped from an even larger turtle. D:
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-21 19:40:16  
Guys Guys

Monk can finally wear haste in hand slots o.O
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-06-21 19:40:55  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Guys Guys

I missed this D: What's the piece of gear called?
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-06-21 19:41:57  
i don't mind a higher tier MNK belt... but FFs make black belt items obtainable via other means... having to ether pay 6m for some HNMLS to get clame on the NMs *god knows my luck with clameing and luck that i can't get*
or find groups to do KS99s (pickup groups are risky-linshell "never has time / seals")
mercenary runs want everything but what you request Prior to the run. so %10 chance of getting from those...

Fairy.Rorrick
サーバ: Fairy
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-06-21 19:43:07  
Ocelot something. The Haste+6% legs are Ocelot something as well.

Too bad a decently equipped MNK is already at the haste cap without any of this new stuff.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-21 19:43:17  
Diabolos.Renavi said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Guys Guys

I missed this D: What's the piece of gear called?

Aurore Gloves and Ocelot Gloves

one has 2% haste and the other 3%haste
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-06-21 19:44:50  
Quote won't work, and it will be nice for those people who do not have Black belts yet, depending on how hard they are to obtain.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-06-21 19:48:55  
o-kotes still better, BB, + kitty pants, + walmart turban, + Fuma Sune-ate = caped haste

Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 19:50:02  
Was quite hard to read, I think you meant 3 stat earrings too.

I can tell you what monk gear HASNT been made obsolete because thats all I was paying attention to tbh.

This is as far as I know anyway :

Ancient torque : I see a 12 acc neck but this is still slightly better if you got a 2 hander job.

cerb+1/cuch mantle : Sam cant equip the 8acc 8attk mantle so cant sell cuch to use that instead for mnk. Cerb+1 better if you dont need the acc which for ws is usually the case since virtuoso/AMK head update.

shuratogi/+1 : Tigerwoods has said for Asuran Fists theyre both slightly inferior apparently than mirke with 10acc 10attk anyway for Asuran Fists but if you own a togi not much worse it goes togi>>mikre>>togi+1 imo. The new 16acc double attack body will be best no doubt for pre 5/5 usu users but togi will still have its uses for ws.

Byakko Haidate from the look of it havent been outdone at all, 7acc 5% haste for mnk nothing I saw beat that. Hachiryu haidate same deal kinda, I did see the 12acc 2-3str legs but I seldom use shura haidate+1 over hachiryu for ws anyway.

Usu feet if you need the acc still seems best for tp with 2% haste 7 acc 7 attk, 7acc rings also seem to be the best tp ring still besides the 6dex 3 acc VNM one and the 8acc -12? attk. The new 10acc 12ish attk feet are new best asuran fists feet piece though that seems to be the most piece thats jumping out at me atm most.

Also mnk stuff which hasnt been made obsolete: Alkys, warwolf, virtuoso, black belt, osode has its uses still, af+1 body, af2, maats cap, af mnk head, destroyers idk yet.

Sea gorgets havent been made obsolete, some sea toques but theyre never really obsolete if you dont need the 12 acc and favour the 7 skill.

Very untidy post may have some errors but just coming out as fast as I took it all in tbh.

As far as I know the only piece/s of gear for mnk which I own that I can sell, or even ex gear actually that has been made obsolete since update so to speak is my triumph ring and 1 mermans earring for when im asuran fists aesir+merman when fenrir is inactive, assuming of course I wish to spend however many million on new jewelry.
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-06-21 19:50:16  
Bismarck.Danz said:
o-kotes still better, BB, kitty pants, walmart turban, Fuma Sune-ate = caped haste

I said people without Black Belt~ So uncapped Haste still. =p
 Alexander.Xynthios
サーバ: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-06-21 19:52:13  
Diabolos.Renavi said:
Chukwa's Egg

Looks like there may be a new MNK belt coming out in a future update. Has the same symbol that the first three BB items had and also is said to be dropped from an even larger turtle. D:

1st Dan belt? LOL
 Asura.Cevlina
サーバ: Asura
user: Cevlina
By Asura.Cevlina 2010-06-21 19:56:14  
Quote:
Juogi
Body
DEF:52 Accuracy+15
Critical hit rate +3%
“Double Attack”+4%
Lv80 MNK, SAM, NIN, PUP,

Looks like a nice until you can afford a Shura. It's not Rare/Ex too so it might be easier to get.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-21 20:01:47  
Maybe SE is going to increase the haste cap?
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 20:03:35  
Yeah I did mention the Hq in my post but not the Nq, both of those outright beat togi/+1/mirke 10acc 10attk if you need the acc if you dont its just 22attk vs 3% crit 4% DA which Im sure the Juogi+1 still wins when you dont require the additional acc. But thats pre 5/5 usukane.

Also if the nq for that is cheaper than shura togi, for the average monk id go with this 1st. And get togi later on for asuran fists piece if you havent gotten 10acc 10attk 5str 5dex mirke.
 Asura.Cevlina
By Asura.Cevlina 2010-06-21 20:05:47  
Here's a few more thing I saw that looked interesting:
Quote:
Anguinus Belt Rare Exclusive
Waist
DEF:6 Accuracy+15 Attack+15
“Double Attack”+1%
Lv78 WAR, MNK, RDM, THF, PLD, DRK, BST, BRD, SAM, NIN, DRG, BLU, COR, DNC,

Tokon Hachimaki Rare Exclusive
Head
DEF:12 ?Element: Water?+10 Accuracy+12
Hand-to-Hand skill +5 “Conserve TP”+5
Lv78 WAR, MNK, WHM, BLM, RDM, THF, PLD, DRK, BST, BRD, RNG, SAM, NIN, DRG, SMN, BLU, COR, PUP, DNC, SCH,

Vellaunus’ mantle
Cloak
DEF:8 Attack+20 “Subtle Blow”+5
Lv77 MNK, RDM, THF, BST, RNG, NIN, DRG, COR, PUP, DNC,

Oh, and a +1 to that Gi.
Quote:
Juogi +1
Body
DEF:53 Accuracy+16
Critical hit rate +4%
“Double Attack”+5%
Lv80 MNK, SAM, NIN, PUP,

Edit: Sorry Basilo. didn't see that you mentioned it. I skimmed your post because I was still looking at the list and eating dinner.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 20:15:25  
Anguinus Belt Rare Exclusive
Waist
DEF:6 Accuracy+15 Attack+15
“Double Attack”+1%
Lv78 WAR, MNK, RDM, THF, PLD, DRK, BST, BRD, SAM, NIN, DRG, BLU, COR, DNC,

Urgh! I missed that thanks, thats just sexy obvious virtuoso replacement, not that the da helps on asuran fists which is also obvious lol.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-21 20:19:33  
I wish they'd let Asuran crit :<

Edit - Random, I know
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-21 20:20:17  
Don't forget you can make itemsets with the new items now =D
 Asura.Cevlina
By Asura.Cevlina 2010-06-21 20:20:49  
No problem. I copied the list into a notepad file and removed all of the Non-Monk gear to look through it easier.

Also, dunno if it's been mentioned:
Quote:
Poise Shoes Rare
Feet
DEF:15
Increases “Kick Attacks” damage
Latent effect: Haste+5%
Lv77 MNK,

Odds are the Latent Effect Trigger is "While Under Footwork" given that they are boots, but it's a new KA boots.
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-06-21 20:27:25  
that belt is gorgeous.. i must have
 Asura.Cevlina
By Asura.Cevlina 2010-06-21 20:30:03  
Odin.Lowblow said:
that belt is gorgeous.. i must have

THIS IS DELICIOUS!
 Fairy.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-06-21 21:07:00  
Diabolos.Renavi said:
Bismarck.Danz said:
o-kotes still better, BB, kitty pants, walmart turban, Fuma Sune-ate = caped haste

I said people without Black Belt~ So uncapped Haste still. =p

Downgrade to Brown Belt (if this is beyond you quit MNK now), swap Byakko's for that Torrent Subligar with +6% Haste, drop your Nori Kotes for the Ocelot gloves and you'll cap haste, but lose 10 accuracy from your hands, 7.5 from your legs and the -5STR that comes on the subligar.
 Asura.Cevlina
By Asura.Cevlina 2010-07-05 21:00:22  
Ok then, Question. The big new Abyssea set for Monk is the Aurore Doublet Set

Overall how good is it? Is it worth getting or are their good pieces? I'd say the pants look the best as a stand alone with that +9 ACC.
 Seraph.Zagarikano
By Seraph.Zagarikano 2010-07-05 21:17:22  
-BELT: New belt replaces Virtouso belt on WS for mnk.

-BACK: New back peice has counter+2 and INCREASES. counter dmg which might be able to replace boxer's if you got the new spharai with counter II. Also it makes the counters do like 300 dmg lol. Also has a +12 acc belt with -6 subtle blow.

-FEET: New kick attacks shoes which probably have higher DMG then dune boots and give 5% latent assuming with footwork on. Probably the new boots for tornado kick and dragon kick replacing dune boots.

-HEAD:Got new head peices for each job I think its like WS acc+15 and h2h skill +5 I forget.

-HANDS: got haste 3% and 4% hands for non capped haste mnks.

-WEAPONS: Not including the new empyrean weapon and the upgraded relic and mythic, they got a new weapon with +26 DMG 96 delay and acc and attack varies by moon phase. Most likely drops from the same gnole that drops the new poise shoes.

RINGS: Accuracy +8 rings, and STR+6 rings are new, should be good situational peices.

AMMO: Forget the thew bomblet, there is the LUCKY coin. It has +8 ACC on it.

BODY: The togi you mentioned with +16 acc, some crit hit rate and double attack is ok for people who do not have usukane yet.

Basically new stuff for every equip slot you can think of.
 Valefor.Madranta
サーバ: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2010-07-09 01:48:05  
Quote:
-HANDS: got haste 3% and 4% hands for non capped haste mnks.

I think you meant to say 2% and 3%, unless there is a 4% hand piece that I haven't seen.

As a BB-less Monk I'm anxious to see what drops the Ocelot Gloves. The Aurore Gloves are pretty nice with their 2% Haste and they're pretty easy to get... but they're ugly. Any of you able to tell me how O. Kotes and Aurore Gloves compare on a non-haste capped Monk?

Fenrir.Thandar
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-07-09 02:02:30  
Just gonna say:
Ocelot Trousers RareEx
[Legs] All Races
DEF:23 Accuracy+6 Evasion+10 Haste+4% Enmity+6
LV 79 MNK THF BST RNG NIN BLU COR PUP DNC

Edit: Torrent Subligar RareEx
[Legs] All Races