issen hachimaki Chloris
ludic mitts Chloris
susurrus gauntlets Depths Digester
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-21 07:27:15  
Chloris screenshots. I URLd the pics due to being huge.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-21 07:34:23  
Rangers and Black Mages and Summoners for Chloris!

Lots and lots of Holy water.

It's not as impressive as Lacovie, but still hilarious to see a Mandragora that big.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-21 07:36:00  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Rangers and Black Mages and Summoners for Chloris!

Lots and lots of Holy water.

It's not as impressive as Lacovie, but still hilarious to see a Mandragora that big.
And I got a slight lol at it being pink.

Edit:

Lacovie
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-07-21 18:09:56  
Anyone had an with time not being saved? exp run I had other day should of capped @ 120mins and 2 stones tryed entering eariler and my time was completely wiped (No I didn't dc or log in the zone I always exit the zone)? :(
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-23 07:57:52  

Ok so basically I gave the Conflux surveyor a traverser stone and it only extended my timer by 4 mins. Anyone else notice this glitch?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-23 07:59:08  
You can only raise your time to 120 minutes in one session. Apparently TEs count against this limit as well. You must zone before you can add more stones.

Edit: You normally would have only received 1 minute, but your key item made it 4.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-23 08:02:43  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
You can only raise your time to 120 minutes in one session. Apparently TEs count against this limit as well. You must zone before you can add more stones.

Edit: You normally would have only received 1 minute, but your key item made it 4.

Oh I see. Thanks.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-23 08:03:37  
Still anything on rank up for highlands?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-23 08:07:47  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Still anything on rank up for highlands?
Thanks for reminding me.
BG said:

Thought I'd post an update quest-wise on this zone. Looking at various comments and posts on here, this seemed like a tough zone to build fame in since the only known repeatable quest you could do was refueling marshmallows.

However, unlike the other two zones, the Refuel and Replenish quest is actually a pre-req for 4 more (Fame 1) quests. Ayame will not give you her next quest until you complete Refuel and Replenish (the real one, not 'Of Malnourished Martellos').

On Rose on the Heath, Ayame will send you to deliver linkpearls to 3 NPCs. One in each camp. Once you deliver a linkpearl to the NPC, the corresponding Fame 1 quest at that camp will be open for you.

To summarize, this is the quest line.

Hope Blooms on the Battlefield > Of Malnourished Martellos > Refuel and Replenish (Konschtat) > Rose on the Heath > Shady Business Redux(After Argus has linkpearl) = The Soul of the Matter (After Helga has linkpearl) = Full-of-Himself Alchemist(After Rashid has received his pearl).

Believe it or not, I was able to accept all 7 of these quests with Level 1 Fame. Though, only 6 of these are counted as quests @ Ayame since Refuel and Replenish doesn't count towards the 'complete all quests' goal.

All 3 of the quests unlocked at camps seem repeatable.

Shady Business Redux = 4 Limule Pincers, no zoning required
Full-of-Himself Alchemist = 3 Purple Polypore (I call em PPP for short), no zoning required
The Soul of the Matter = Take a good picture of an NM and turn it in.

The Soul of the Matter is the only quirky one. You cannot immediately repeat it. Even upon zoning out, I was not able to repeat it. I was, however, able to trade in another picture when the day changed. I found this strange, but I did test it thoroughly and it does indeed work. I guess they needed to put a limit on this quest because it's relatively easy and gives damn good cruor.

I'm at level 3 fame as of this post and I aim to be capped fame tonight as well as to have all Kon quests completed. I'll post more info then.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-23 08:22:52  
Updated the known drop list.

New add is:

Item NM
witchstone Lachrymater
 Cerberus.Tanduran
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tanduran
By Cerberus.Tanduran 2010-07-23 18:17:17  
U get Pearlescent Light when u kill them ranged too?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-24 07:34:00  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Updated the known drop list. New add is:
Item NM
witchstone Lachrymater
Btw the link to wiki on that has 0 content
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-24 18:31:29  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Updated the known drop list. New add is:
Item NM
witchstone Lachrymater
Btw the link to wiki on that has 0 content
Yeah, that tends to happen. BG gets the SS and drops. I was removing the links for non-existent pages, but decided against it.
 Sylph.Tidusjr
サーバ: Sylph
user: Tidusjr
By Sylph.Tidusjr 2010-07-24 19:32:16  
I got a question, I've been lately in 2 random xp/cruor ally's and we got usually timed out between 2-3 hours because only a few TE chests droped, azure light was capped, but one thing confused me, pearlscent light increases chest drop rate, thats what wikia says. After we capped azure light everyone just went crazy with WS's, especially the chop chop SAM's and we were getting most of the time ruby lights, so when we were close to time outs people switched back to magic kills to get blue chests and TE's.
We were getting like every 4th mob a blue chest.
Out of those 2-3 hours we had at a maximum 10 melee kills and that's all.

At some point I pointed out that melee kills increase chest drop rate but some got mad at me and were like, do what u want.
Idk if I'm wrong but melee kills = pearlscent light = more chests drop or did I missunderstood something? <.<
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-24 19:39:41  
Sylph.Tidusjr said:
I got a question, I've been lately in 2 random xp/cruor ally's and we got usually timed out between 2-3 hours because only a few TE chests droped, azure light was capped, but one thing confused me, pearlscent light increases chest drop rate, thats what wikia says. After we capped azure light everyone just went crazy with WS's, especially the chop chop SAM's and we were getting most of the time ruby lights, so when we were close to time outs people switched back to magic kills to get blue chests and TE's.

At some point I pointed out that melee kills increase chest drop rate but some got mad at me and were like, do what u want.
Idk if I'm wrong but melee kills = pearlscent light = more chests drop or did I missunderstood something? <.<

No, that's true and they're morons for being angry at you.

Also, I suggest taking the time to get a Scarlet Abyssite of Kismet, I have one, and joined an alliance, and within 5 minutes of joining the alliance, we had got 3 time extension chests. So either greatest placebo effect in the world, or Scarlet Abyssite of Kismet lowers the chance of obtaining Temp Items/Restoration and increases the rate of Time Extensions.

In any case, there's certainly no penalty for having it.

Viridian Abyssite of Destiny is nice too, but the only way to build an adaquate Amber chain to make use out of it, is magic weapon-skill killshots. And for some reason, Magic Weapon Skills seemed gimped in Abyssea, Primal rend has a super annoying resist rate.
 Sylph.Skinner
By Sylph.Skinner 2010-07-24 19:42:09  
Sylph.Tidusjr said:

By only getting pearlecent light you force all the chests to spawn (increase the chance to pop them all). At the start, by sticking to Azure light only, you can make sure that every chest pop is Blue. This means that you can build a massive amount of time+ at the start because you will, most likely, never pop a non-blue chest. By getting pearlecent CAPPED you are 1/3 chance to see a blue box. This means that the chance to obtain a time extension chest is rare.

Bascially, when you cap pearlecent too early you are pretty much going to slowly but surely lose more and more time within the zone. Eventually, timing out. This is why your parties are lasting only 2-3hours. You're capping pearlecent too early and therefore not having enough time built up in the zone.

Other factors will come into play. For example, if you have a weak group and they don't kill mobs fast enough it is likely you will fail at the first step of making blue chests pop consistently.
 Sylph.Tidusjr
user: Tidusjr
By Sylph.Tidusjr 2010-07-24 20:16:32  
Sylph.Skinner said:
Sylph.Tidusjr said:
I got a question, I've been lately in 2 random xp/cruor ally's and we got usually timed out between 2-3 hours because only a few TE chests droped, azure light was capped, but one thing confused me, pearlscent light increases chest drop rate, thats what wikia says. After we capped azure light everyone just went crazy with WS's, especially the chop chop SAM's and we were getting most of the time ruby lights, so when we were close to time outs people switched back to magic kills to get blue chests and TE's. We were getting like every 4th mob a blue chest. Out of those 2-3 hours we had at a maximum 10 melee kills and that's all. At some point I pointed out that melee kills increase chest drop rate but some got mad at me and were like, do what u want. Idk if I'm wrong but melee kills = pearlscent light = more chests drop or did I missunderstood something? <.<
By only getting pearlecent light you force all the chests to spawn (increase the chance to pop them all). At the start, by sticking to Azure light only, you can make sure that every chest pop is Blue. This means that you can build a massive amount of time+ at the start because you will, most likely, never pop a non-blue chest. By getting pearlecent CAPPED you are 1/3 chance to see a blue box. This means that the chance to obtain a time extension chest is rare. Bascially, when you cap pearlecent too early you are pretty much going to slowly but surely lose more and more time within the zone. Eventually, timing out. This is why your parties are lasting only 2-3hours. You're capping pearlecent too early and therefore not having enough time built up in the zone. Other factors will come into play. For example, if you have a weak group and they don't kill mobs fast enough it is likely you will fail at the first step of making blue chests pop consistently.

Yeah, thats true. But the last group I went with was killing frogs in La Theine and we were killing pretty fast. The first thing we did was Magic Kills to cap azure and we got pretty fast to high tier chests (1000 cruor etc) but after that the ally leader said "ws kill, melee kill and magic kill gogo". I was aiming to get a melee kill but that's not as easy if u have 3 other samurai's that WS at 10% and by the time we had more red chests than blue chests which isn't too bad but every 4th mob droped a chest and thats what made me to say that we should do some melee kills for pearlscent but as I already said, some got angry and after the first 2 people got timed out they stoped killing and went all out.
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-07-24 20:46:00  
Sylph.Tidusjr said:

WS kills = Ruby Light = Red Chest Drop Rate
Melee Kills = Pearlscent Light = Higher Chest Drop Rate
Magic Kills = Azure Light = Blue Chest Drop Rate

The key is to cap Pearlscent and Azure and once you get a few TEs farm Red Chests for Gold/Ebon light nothing else then work on Azure again.

Edit: I wouldnt open any red chests unless they have Azure/Gold/Ebon or Pearlscent light.
Gold Light = EXP Cap Increase
Ebon Light = Increased Light Enhancement
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-07-24 21:51:57  
I've been doing mandies a lot this week, they don't give any ruby light and very infrequent golden light when we manage to up the tier through only red chest ruby lights. Valefor, why have you betrayed me?!
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-25 07:20:35  
I believe pearlescent should be capped first. My main reason is because melee kills are easier to get at the beginning since the enemies are weaker. Capping azure is a joke.

Had a very successful run on Thursday doing it this way.

One more thing. I think it's counterproductive for melees to turn or disengage for mages to get killshots. You want to maintain your kill speed at all times.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-25 07:32:00  
Yeah being blm in there is fun. I got 2.6k Stone V MB a few times without trying lol
By Kailana 2010-07-25 08:36:38  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
I believe pearlescent should be capped first. My main reason is because melee kills are easier to get at the beginning since the enemies are weaker. Capping azure is a joke.

Had a very successful run on Thursday doing it this way.

One more thing. I think it's counterproductive for melees to turn or disengage for mages to get killshots. You want to maintain your kill speed at all times.

Every time my groups do these runs they cap the azure light first, then we raise both ruby and pearlescent, and it generally just gets trucking good from there. The hard part is getting the melee DD to piss off long enough at the start to build up the azure light. It's easy to allow BLM and SCH and whatever else you have tossing nukes the kills, DD just need to NOT WS AT THE END OF THE FIGHT. After a while it doesn't really matter, but at first you want your azure and I'm guessing pearlescent, so magic kills and melee kills are good.

I can think of at least 3 people on my server every time we're in an abyssea group you consistantly have to yell at them to stop WS'ing at the end of the fight until you get proper lights built up. I just want to reach through the screen and choke them. I've had one run drop absolutely 0 time extensions because of these idiots.

Kill speed is a very important thing, and watching melee have to turn around kinda blows, but if you're doing an abyssea group correctly, the DD shouldn't have to turn around. When a mob gets that low there should be another target being pulled into camp. The DD's can easily just go apeshit on that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-25 08:40:22  
Problems I was having is the lvl of attention the DDs were paying varied wildy randomly.

So they might all hold there tp/afk not attacking forever. Or none of them might. Or some portion of them might. So judging when to start can be really hard.

That's where blu kinda shines. Fast spells and all
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-25 08:41:43  
So far out of 4 abyssea PTs, only one has succeeded.

Last night we built up Azure light for 3.5 hours.

So can anyone give me an estimation on how long I need to build each light so I can start making my own parties?
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-07-25 08:47:27  
i heard the number 30 lights being said to give at least high enough for timers so i tend to go with roughly that much on azure then pearl etc. its worked 3/3 so far.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-25 08:53:58  
Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
i heard the number 30 lights being said to give at least high enough for timers so i tend to go with roughly that much on azure then pearl etc. its worked 3/3 so far.
I go with 20 minimum.
By Kailana 2010-07-25 08:57:43  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Problems I was having is the lvl of attention the DDs were paying varied wildy randomly.

So they might all hold there tp/afk not attacking forever. Or none of them might. Or some portion of them might. So judging when to start can be really hard.

That's where blu kinda shines. Fast spells and all

Yeah, forgot to rant on that part too; afk DD's xD Every single run I go to seems theres always 2 of the DD's in the DD area afk for like 20 minutes+ at a time.

Though it made me happy last run to see someone get booted for this practice, and then suddenly come un-afk and get upset for getting kicked from the group. xD
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-25 09:06:12  
Yeah, I don't put up with crap like that. I almost had to boot someone for paying more attention to chests than fighting (I'm chest opener).
By Kailana 2010-07-25 09:10:31  
Seen that one a thousand times, too. xD The hardest part I have with that one is sometimes I can't tell if they're trying to be greedy, or if they're genuinely trying to be as helpful as possible. (I've encountered both and they behave strangely similar :P)
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 36 37 38