users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea
Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 36 37 38
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-25 13:47:01  
I don't know if this has happened to anyone yet or if this has been talked about, but I just did an 8 hour EXP PT on Mandragora type mobs in Abyssea - Tahrongi Canyon and when WSing the mobs they gave no ruby light. No message was displayed at all, ever. Many attempts were tried. Pearl/Azure/etc etc were all plentiful but ruby [which I thought was gained from killing a mob with WSs] was never obtained.

Does anyone know anything about this? Thank you for any information and I apologize if this has already been discussed.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-25 13:48:13  
You should've seen me one time on blm. With a full allaince I consistently took off 20-50% of the hp off of EVERY mandy we fought.

That's how much afking we had
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-25 13:52:16  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
You should've seen me one time on blm. With a full allaince I consistently took off 20-50% of the hp off of EVERY mandy we fought.

That's how much afking we had
I had very minimal afking, I was leading it and anyone that went afk for any duration [food/shitting/pissing/head on fire] was to send me a /tell with how long they were estimated to be gone so I knew not to kick/replace them.

We just never got any Ruby Light aside from inside light chests. It was weird.

For the record I was playing BLM.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-07-25 14:01:18  
Shiva.Darkshade said:
I don't know if this has happened to anyone yet or if this has been talked about, but I just did an 8 hour EXP PT on Mandragora type mobs in Abyssea - Tahrongi Canyon and when WSing the mobs they gave no ruby light. No message was displayed at all, ever. Many attempts were tried. Pearl/Azure/etc etc were all plentiful but ruby [which I thought was gained from killing a mob with WSs] was never obtained.

Does anyone know anything about this? Thank you for any information and I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Last night, we were killling mandies for ruby light with WSing the mobs, but they didn't give any ruby light, either. I believe only a few monsters can give ruby light, some cannot. Only the way is to obtain ruby lights thru red chests. ;/
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-25 14:02:41  
@Degeneration

I see, thank you for the swift reply.
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-25 14:10:29  
Can gear swapping cause lights to not show up in log? kinda like SC dmg
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-07-25 14:15:29  
I've run into the same on mandragoras, and I don't see gear swaps. I can safely say that I've yet to see a ruby light from a WS kill on them.
 Alexander.Temaruma
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-25 14:15:56  
Not that I have noticed Neph, I spellcast on my BLM and I've always gotten light messages from killshots.
 Alexander.Nepharite
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-25 14:28:30  
ok, next time I'm in abyssea I'll pay more attention to the lights.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-26 07:56:41  
Right now it appears that each mob has one light you cannot recieve. Mandy is ruby.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-26 15:27:56  
Updated the known drops list.

New adds are:

Item NM
cirque necklace Keesha Poppo
eisen grip Yearner
Nusku's sash Karkinos
shitotsu hachimaki Karkinos
susurrus sabatons Keesha Poppo

Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-26 15:29:13  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Right now it appears that each mob has one light you cannot recieve. Mandy is ruby.

Any idea about blood bats?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-26 15:31:43  
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Well we got both pearlescent and azure on them on Thursday. We only got ruby from chests. Didn't try amber.
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-26 15:36:22  
Doing a run now, capped pearlescent and azure within an hour, atm got about 150 mins time remaining and no ruby from ws kills so i believe they don't give ruby.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-07-26 15:38:53  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Well we got both pearlescent and azure on them on Thursday. We only got ruby from chests. Didn't try amber.

We got amber once, if memory serves. Was a major pain to get though. No ruby from bats from us either, and we were trying.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-26 16:31:31  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

We got amber once, if memory serves. Was a major pain to get though. No ruby from bats from us either, and we were trying.
Probably like pearlescent and not 100% on kill. When we were building our pearlescent light, we probably killed three times the amount of lights we actually got.

I got lazy and never bothered to get the figures from the log on kills/lights/xp/cruor/etc.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-26 17:06:13  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
argh okay, you making a blog for all this?
I'm not sure where I'm going to put it. For right now I'm just putting it here, and once completed on my guildportal site for my Abyssea group.

I'm hoping he makes a link here. Krizz has always done a fantastic job here, err I mean posting it on the ffxi.wiki I mean.
 Bismarck.Tiergan
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tiergan
By Bismarck.Tiergan 2010-07-27 01:23:34  
I had a question about Bakka and the Azure Abyssite of Celerity. Has ANYONE obtained this yet? I have yet to meet anyone on my server who has. If anyone with the abyssite could shed some light on this, how they got it, how many attempts it took, etc., it'd be much appreciated.
 Phoenix.Elanabelle
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Elanabelle 2010-07-27 05:46:12  
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Tried some off-the-beaten-path EXP alliance mobs last night, partially to look into this.

Fought the Gigas in La Theine. They granted azure, ruby, and pearl lights from kills.

However, we didn't receive any amber lights.
Actually, do any mob types grant amber lights upon kills?
When fighting Lycopodiums or the Gigas, I always see silver, gold, and ebon lights from the red chests.

Is there a trick to acquiring amber lights? Or is it mob-specific? or just plain blind luck?
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-27 07:01:09  
Phoenix.Elanabelle said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Tried some off-the-beaten-path EXP alliance mobs last night, partially to look into this.

Fought the Gigas in La Theine. They granted azure, ruby, and pearl lights from kills.

However, we didn't receive any amber lights.
Actually, do any mob types grant amber lights upon kills?
When fighting Lycopodiums or the Gigas, I always see silver, gold, and ebon lights from the red chests.

Is there a trick to acquiring amber lights? Or is it mob-specific? or just plain blind luck?

I'm not sure if this is what your asking, but you get amber lights either from low tier red chests or magical WS damage as a killshot.

Edit: If Krizz's theory proves true, which it has in my experience gigas type mobs may be incapable of giving amber light also.
[+]
 Phoenix.Elanabelle
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Elanabelle 2010-07-27 07:04:03  
Thanks Temaruma!
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-27 07:06:23  
No problem ^^ sorry about the late reply
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-27 07:42:05  
Yeah, all my XP runs so far have been exactly that: XP runs. I haven't made the call to test amber lights on any mobs to increase gold chest tier yet. Once we're all satisfied with our levels, we'll probably do key item farming while meriting or something.
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-27 07:45:16  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Yeah, all my XP runs so far have been exactly that: XP runs. I haven't made the call to test amber lights on any mobs to increase gold chest tier yet. Once we're all satisfied with our levels, we'll probably do key item farming while meriting or something.

Just to add in a little info, when I was exping my blu up on mandies Sanguine Blade (Magical? Spiritual?) would not give amber lights.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-27 08:22:05  
Good point Temaruma.

Which weapon skills are considered "Magical".
I know commonly used sword skills like Atonement and Spirits Within are considered "Spirit" damage ... but does that make them "Magical"? Or is "Magical" a different breed of weapon skill?

edit:
Are we talking about having to use Freezebite and Tachi: Kagero to activate amber lights?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-27 08:22:30  
The problem is getting consistent data with chat logs to back it up. People are giving conflicting information about the same mobs and what they used. Chat logs are the only way to look and see if there was a chest opened at the same time a mob died.

If I wasn't being so lazy, I'd go through and make a chart for the ***. I really don't feel like it though.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-27 08:23:52  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Good point Temaruma.

Which weapon skills are considered "Magical".
I know commonly used sword skills like Atonement and Spirits Within are considered "Spirit" damage ... but does that make them "Magical"? Or is "Magical" a different breed of weapon skill?
Atonement has mixed reports on if it gives Amber or not.

Spirits Within I haven't heard of working at all.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-27 08:29:33  
I guess this could give some utility to Infernal Scythe and Aeolian Edge, for killshots for amber lights?

edit:
or Blade: Yu?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 08:43:34  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Good point Temaruma. Which weapon skills are considered "Magical". I know commonly used sword skills like Atonement and Spirits Within are considered "Spirit" damage ... but does that make them "Magical"? Or is "Magical" a different breed of weapon skill? edit: Are we talking about having to use Freezebite and Tachi: Kagero to activate amber lights?
Idk about for abyssea but if you look up on wiki it will tell you.

Pretty much you can use this rule. If it uses fstr, weapon base dmg and pdif (attack/def) then it's physical. If it doesn't it's not. Some like kagero are weird and are calculated like physical and do that dmg but then do that much again as magic so who knows
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 36 37 38