First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 36 37 38
 Alexander.Temaruma
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-27 09:07:47  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Make a note of this:

I casted Bio2 on a mandy last night and it Fell to the ground.

It gave me Pearlescent light for falling to the ground.

I have also seen this happen, no SS available though.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-27 10:13:01  
Bakka is no longer considered confirmed on dropping the Azure Abyssite of Celerity. There is no SS evidence of it.
By darkhawk296 2010-07-27 12:20:54  
No SS from Me but I have joined 2 Bakka party's and out of 9 the times we killed it only about 5 people got the abyssite total(18 people each run).If I do another one and don't get the key item I will ask someone, if someone, gets it to ss shot it or I will at least screen shot the chat log. Still have yet to trigger his weakness though. Do we know if the tier of the spell matters in triggering its weakness? I know this sounds stupid but it is SE we are talking about I would not be surprised to see a NM weak to dia one but not dia II. Ill pay more attention next time I do a mandie party as well because we where able to obtain ruby light from the mobs. It just took a good amount of time before it started happening(this was my first and only mandie party so far). I don't think a mob wont give off a light. I think that maybe you have to bring down their resistance to it first, maybe? Just a theory or maybe some mobs need a different kind of kill shot to trigger the light. I will pay attention and set up some more filters and get some screen shots next time I do mandies.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-27 12:34:28  
Yes, tier matters in weakness. Blizzard III may trigger it, but blizzard II won't.

Also, you probably got ruby from chests at the same time a mob died. Unless your SSs are full screen chat logs, it still doesn't mean much. My logs have as many as 15 lines between the chest opening and the light message with the chest light message frequently falling in the normal light message spot from mob death.
 Leviathan.Kyokusada
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kyokusada
By Leviathan.Kyokusada 2010-07-27 23:25:37  
Quote:
Q: How often can I get a stone? How long does it last? How many can I hold? What is my time limit in zone?
A: You can get one stone every 20 hours. Each stone is the equivalent of 30 minutes, unless you have a key item that extends each stone to 33 minutes. You can have 3 stones in your possession at once, unless you have the key item that raises it to 4. You can only raise your time to 120 minutes in zone. The NPC accrues stones even if you do not collect them (if you wait a week, you'll get 7-8 stones in the same day, but only 3 at a time still).

Searched through this thread to find more info this, sorry if I missed an answer somewhere (took me 30+ minutes to read and digest all this, not double checking >.>) but I've got a friend who I all ways see in abyssea. He claims to be getting multiple stones per day and this is the only account I've seen of this other than what he and someone else I know have said. Is there any other known way?
[+]
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-07-28 04:43:46  
Caitsith.Anamie said:
(lots of stuff)
The stupidity of some is astounding.

Edited out the big text so this doesn't take a huge lot of room. Left that last line in because it's highly ironic.
If you knew anything about abyssean exp parties you would know that killshots are very important. I've been in a lot of JP alliances, and unlike you I assume, I can understand JP, and they do indeed talk about killshots and lights and if they're after a certain thing at a certain time, they say to a certain group to stop landing the killshot.

My advice would be to look up what you're about to talk about next time to make yourself sound like less of a moron.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-07-28 04:48:19  
how you kill the mob determines the colored light you get. You have not actually done anything but be a drone by the sounds of it. If you go out with less then an *** load of people you will find this to be 100% true. On top of that you can see results when someone who does not have build up lights get a kill shot. After anyone dealing damage to the mob has enough lights(about 20-30), yes you can just go ape ***on mobs and do whatever. As for pet kills, i don't know? i heard avatars always give off pearl but i honestly have not had enough experience with smn in abyssea.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-28 05:00:27  
Caitsith.Anamie said:
I am *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and do not know what the *** I am speaking about, I insult others while really, I not only don't know ***, but it makes me look bad to embarrass myself this way. I have brought great dishonor to my famiry and should kill myself. But lol guiz the stupidity of some is astounding.

This is why there are so many ***abyssea pts, because ppl like you don't listen, or take the time to learn. This isn't guessing or superstition.

Mobs in Abyssea were PROGRAMMED to give different lights based on HOW they are killed. The longer you are in there the stronger your light gets, if you get the kill shot with the wrong type or you are new to that run, you can *** up the run or slow it down. If you kill a different type of monster besides the one you are building lights on(mandies, bats, frogs ect.) then it RESETS and everyone will kill you.

Please stay out of my abyssea, ppl like you make me not want to go there to level and with the right ppl who listen, whether they know ***or not, it can be amazing exp.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you don't know japanese, or what they were saying, I'm also going to assume you weren't getting the killshots in the JP groups either. No they do the same things we do, we are just verbal with it in english and will kick your *** if you *** up and don't listen. They were able to deal with you *** ***up and made the run work anyway. Don't misunderstand their tolerance for ignorance, they are an amazing ppl that somehow put up with idiots like you and because you speak english they assume you are american.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-07-28 05:23:24  
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Caitsith.Anamie said:
I am *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and do not know what the *** I am speaking about, I insult others while really, I not only don't know ***, but it makes me look bad to embarrass myself this way. I have brought great dishonor to my famiry and should kill myself. But lol guiz the stupidity of some is astounding.

This is why there are so many ***abyssea pts, because ppl like you don't listen, or take the time to learn. This isn't guessing or superstition.

Mobs in Abyssea were PROGRAMMED to give different lights based on HOW they are killed. The longer you are in there the stronger your light gets, if you get the kill shot with the wrong type or you are new to that run, you can *** up the run or slow it down. If you kill a different type of monster besides the one you are building lights on(mandies, bats, frogs ect.) then it RESETS and everyone will kill you.

Please stay out of my abyssea, ppl like you make me not want to go there to level and with the right ppl who listen, whether they know ***or not, it can be amazing exp.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you don't know japanese, or what they were saying, I'm also going to assume you weren't getting the killshots in the JP groups either. No they do the same things we do, we are just verbal with it in english and will kick your *** if you *** up and don't listen. They were able to deal with you *** ***up and made the run work anyway. Don't misunderstand their tolerance for ignorance, they are an amazing ppl that somehow put up with idiots like you and because you speak english they assume you are american.

minor correction i must point out. Lights DO NOT reset upon killing a new mob. They only reset when u exit the zone and reenter in which case it only resets for that player. Lights are individual to the player and dont reset until you exit.

EDIT: to clarify, what "resets" when u kill another mob is the "exp chain" of the mob type which is said to be (mob exp)+1exp per chained mob type ..or something like that
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-28 05:31:18  
Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Caitsith.Anamie said:

minor correction i must point out. Lights DO NOT reset upon killing a new mob. They only reset when u exit the zone and reenter in which case it only resets for that player. Lights are individual to the player and dont reset until you exit.

EDIT: to clarify, what "resets" when u kill another mob is the "exp chain" of the mob type which is said to be (mob exp)+1exp per chained mob type ..or something like that

Might just be a misunderstanding in the way I said it, but say when you have 600 exp per kill on mandies and Bhumi runs by, if one of your party members attack it and kill it, then you go back to mandies they will literally reset to the 90ish base exp per kill.

It's happened and it made me so mad when they did that. I'm doing a bunch of ***right now so my attention is spread, feel free to correct me if I said it wrong, but the above paragraph actually happened.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-07-28 05:49:34  
Yeah thats the exp chain reset, it just sounded like you ment the lights reset.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-28 05:58:40  
Caitsith.Anamie said:
Am I the only one who finds all the crazy superstitions that large groups of people seem to be taking as fact absolutely hilarious? I'm talking about all the insane ways people are trying to get the different colour lights..
I'm seriously laughing my butt off at these NA parties. Pet kills? Come on.. lol...
JP groups just kill the monsters.. over and over again.. that's IT, and they get all the light they need. And why are people so gullible?
The stupidity of some is astounding.

Haha!
You're the astoundingly stupid one. The type of damage dealt by the killshot DOES matter, and it DOES affect the type/color and tier/quality of the Pyxis chests that drop from the mobs.
I can't say that pet kills is a validated strategy of any importance. But outside of that, establishing pearl and azure lights early in the run IS important, and is NOT analogous to the old myths about THF killshots for TH effect, etc.
If you want to continue mindlessly spam melee killing TP-burning-only, there's a nice camp of Greater Colibri out there with your name on it. See you again!
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-28 07:33:28  
All the fun happens while I sleep...

Anyway, don't feed the troll(s).
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-28 07:37:11  
Leviathan.Kyokusada said:
I've got a friend who I all ways see in abyssea. He claims to be getting multiple stones per day and this is the only account I've seen of this other than what he and someone else I know have said. Is there any other known way?
The only explanation at this time is he had his stone timer (I'm not sure if it starts when you get the Jeuno CS or talk to the NPC for the first time or what) going for a bit prior to actually starting Abyssea.

Honestly, I wouldn't think too much about it. With the time gained from XP PTs in abyssea, you can realistically and literally go weeks without actually using a stone (unless you get a ***pickup group). He could very well be exaggerating, and with the amount of time that has passed since the update, it's hard to prove anything.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-28 07:56:11  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
I've got a friend who I all ways see in abyssea. He claims to be getting multiple stones per day and this is the only account I've seen of this other than what he and someone else I know have said. Is there any other known way?
The only explanation at this time is he had his stone timer (I'm not sure if it starts when you get the Jeuno CS or talk to the NPC for the first time or what) going for a bit prior to actually starting Abyssea.

Honestly, I wouldn't think too much about it. With the time gained from XP PTs in abyssea, you can realistically and literally go weeks without actually using a stone (unless you get a ***pickup group). He could very well be exaggerating, and with the amount of time that has passed since the update, it's hard to prove anything.

Truly. Also, though, you can definitely get multiple stones per day. I don't know why this doesn't seem to be more widely known. I don't know what the limit is, because I've never gotten more than three in a day, but I have heard nine. Also, I don't know how that jives with the "one stone per 20 hours" rule, but I have heard that you get one stone per 20 hours since you've installed the update, and that Joachim just sort of holds them for you.

Sorry those are both kind of rumor-ish, but for sure you can get multiple stones.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-28 08:22:02  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Truly. Also, though, you can definitely get multiple stones per day. I don't know why this doesn't seem to be more widely known. I don't know what the limit is, because I've never gotten more than three in a day, but I have heard nine. Also, I don't know how that jives with the "one stone per 20 hours" rule, but I have heard that you get one stone per 20 hours since you've installed the update, and that Joachim just sort of holds them for you.

Sorry those are both kind of rumor-ish, but for sure you can get multiple stones.
We're talking beyond the normal getting multiple stones in the same day. This is multiple stones when he should be out of them.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-28 08:25:28  
I got to try Abyssea for the first time last night. It was pretty interesting. But unfortunately everyone was leaving and bringing in reps. So even in an hour we never saw any TE and the xp never went above 185 :/ But it was my first time in Abyssea and my first time tanking there, so it was a learning experience.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-28 08:40:07  
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
I got to try Abyssea for the first time last night. It was pretty interesting. But unfortunately everyone was leaving and bringing in reps. So even in an hour we never saw any TE and the xp never went above 185 :/ But it was my first time in Abyssea and my first time tanking there, so it was a learning experience.
An hour really isn't a good time gauge. Sure, some groups can hit TEs in 30 minutes, but it takes 60+ minutes to really get the ball rolling and frequent TEs.

Hope you have better luck next time. Make sure the group knows what they're supposed to be doing as far as lights and whatnot.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-07-28 09:18:48  
In reference to the JP free for all comment... The JPs tend to kill faster than we do because they aren't as obsessed with getting exact killshots at an exact time. They are forward thinking enough to know that every group (be it mages, melee, pet, magic, WS, etc) will get kill shots and balance it out. However, if they find that a certain group is lacking and missing out on killshots, they will temporarily stall the other groups on kills and let the group that needs to catch up do so.

Don't mistake the free for all they have as a complete lack of order. They simply don't worry and fret over ***like we do. They do it in a more relaxed way, and it tends to work just the same, if not better. And you generally have more fun.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-28 09:25:55  
Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
In reference to the JP free for all comment... The JPs tend to kill faster than we do because they aren't as obsessed with getting exact killshots at an exact time. They are forward thinking enough to know that every group (be it mages, melee, pet, magic, WS, etc) will get kill shots and balance it out. However, if they find that a certain group is lacking and missing out on killshots, they will temporarily stall the other groups on kills and let the group that needs to catch up do so.

Don't mistake the free for all they have as a complete lack of order. They simply don't worry and fret over ***like we do. They do it in a more relaxed way, and it tends to work just the same, if not better. And you generally have more fun.
The only restriction I put on kills is no WS kills on the mobs until pearlescent has built up. I want minimal TP holding though so I make sure they understand to WS at the beginning of the mob.

They'll still get killshots from time to time (accidental skillchains, etc.), but it works out.

When it's time for mages to get kill shots I tell everyone to not hold back. Mages have to learn to time their nukes to take out the mob.

I haven't had an issue with this method.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-28 09:29:00  
dont play for 200 hours, get 10 stones, looks like multiple a day...
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-28 09:32:20  
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
dont play for 200 hours, get 10 stones, looks like multiple a day...
We already knew that. =)
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-07-28 09:37:19  
That's cool Krizz, I can understand (and respect) the pearl for the chest drop rate.

We are currently going through a stage on Diabolos where everyone knows everything about Abyssea because they read it on Wiki... In short, everyone thinks they are an expert and they have to be militant on what they know. Which usually amounts to jack. I've had alliances where they threaten to kick people from the party for getting an accidental WS or magic kill early on. That ***happens when you have 15+ people beating on a single mob... No need to freak out, just make it up later.

In short it started off fun, and we were getting tons of XP/hour... then we decided to dissect it and end up getting less XP/hour/fun due to people yelling about lights all the time. What're ya gonna do? /shrug
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-28 09:50:18  
Yeah, this is why I haven't done a single pickup abyssea group. My static does XP once a week, and that's plenty for me. They're free to do what they want the other days as long as they have enough stones/time for our planned runs.

Shouldn't be long until they're all capped and we can cut XP runs out of our schedule except for key item farming.
 Titan.Cripnicc
サーバ: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-07-29 13:30:50  
Here's a ? for u guys i was duoing in abyssea last night and it seemed that every kill we made gave a light and we were getting more chest to drop per kill then say an alliance so what im wondering is, do u thing duoing could get u good exp and TE in abyssea. I know it wouldnt be as good as an alliance but mabey if u just had a party of 6 it would be better. Let me know if u have any info regardings this.

On a side note i was in konschat and duoing the lizards was'nt bad but if u get petrified once it kinda sucks. the tree sapplings hit hard and where kinda a pain, then we got to efts which is what we stuck with they were easy to kill had an aoe move that wasnt to bad i might try to send an ally over there to give them a try. PLD/NIN & DRG/WHM
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-29 13:40:57  
Caoineag (Corpselight family) in Abyssea - Tahrongi are unable to give off ruby light.

Also, they make quite good exp targets if other things are filled up.

They are black mages capable of casting tier 3-ga (silence them) use no tp moves and have very low hp.
By Alexanda 2010-08-01 07:12:07  
Im lazy with 33 pages but uh, I do alot of Abyssea and just need info on this one thing, is there a reason certain mobs refuse to drop Ruby Light or if its a glitch iduno but I do Pachypodiums alot just for the crap TP moves it uses and fairly squishy but 0 Ruby, we end up having to build it through Red Chests themselves, I heard Blood Bats don't either so if anyone has a list of Tahrongi Canyon mobs that dont yield Ruby Light that would be appreciated! or if theres a reason why some are just Ruby HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE <----Copyrighted
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-08-01 07:59:50  
i think all mob types are unable to get a certain light. Would be nice to see a compilation of all mobs with what lights they are confirmed to give. But alas i am too lazy to do something as cool as that
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-01 21:07:00  
Alexanda said:
Im lazy with 33 pages but uh, I do alot of Abyssea and just need info on this one thing, is there a reason certain mobs refuse to drop Ruby Light or if its a glitch iduno but I do Pachypodiums alot just for the crap TP moves it uses and fairly squishy but 0 Ruby, we end up having to build it through Red Chests themselves, I heard Blood Bats don't either so if anyone has a list of Tahrongi Canyon mobs that dont yield Ruby Light that would be appreciated! or if theres a reason why some are just Ruby HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE <----Copyrighted

Try page 32.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 36 37 38