フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea
Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 36 37 38
 Ragnarok.Doluka
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-25 07:50:19  
Also, I farmed for about 30 minutes DRG/BLU with my wife on DRG/WHM. EXP and Cruor gained from the mobs was roughly the same as yours, Krizz, except we fought a glowing Limule and it only gave us 10 Cruor.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 07:57:12  
Ragnarok.Doluka said:
Also, I farmed for about 30 minutes DRG/BLU with my wife on DRG/WHM. EXP and Cruor gained from the mobs was roughly the same as yours, Krizz, except we fought a glowing Limule and it only gave us 10 Cruor.
Are you sure it was glowing? Did you get the standard ~115 XP from it?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 07:59:31  
From what I can tell, each 'camp' of mobs has an ephemeral limule. I think we killed the same one twice (based off of what I'm seeing as I mark them on this map). Time between the kills was ~15 minutes. Maybe 16 minute respawn? Maybe there were just two close together?

/sigh

So many unknowns. And we didn't even get near the crag part of the zone.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 08:00:15  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ragnarok.Doluka said:
Are you sure it was glowing? Did you get the standard ~115 XP from it?
I had this happen too. Apparently there are some "dud" glowing Limules. Exp was ~27ish with ~12ish cruor.
Next time take a SS of it glowing. I have yet to run across an Ephemeral mob that didn't give boosted XP.

Edit: Dumb question, maybe, but did it have Ephemeral in the name?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 08:17:37  
Take a gander at these two maps. I charted the POSs based off of SSs from last night.
(edit: second map is glowing mobs)

Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 08:22:55  
I think #05 might be at E-10. It's 'westward' from the encampment at ~L-11. I went all the way back over to F-11 checking before timing out. E-10 wasn't in our exploration path because of the gigas that guarded it.
 Leviathan.Aneu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-25 08:24:53  
Incredibly informative thread, I'm very interested in all of this now. Great job Krizz!
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 08:29:53  
Leviathan.Aneu said:
Incredibly informative thread, I'm very interested in all of this now. Great job Krizz!
Thanks, but I want to make sure credit is given where due.

My exploration last night was quickened by the information already gathered over on BG.

The OP of this thread is constantly being updated with POSs and other information as it is found.
 Asura.Rule
サーバ: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-25 08:50:52  
Has anyone tried to tractor inside abyssea? It threw one of members outside the zone when they tried.
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-25 08:53:33  
Asura.Rule said:
Has anyone tried to tractor inside abyssea? It threw one of members outside the zone when they tried.
For real?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 08:53:50  
Asura.Rule said:
It removes visitant status. Pretty sure that would give the 10 second countdown and then boot.
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-25 08:56:41  
Damn.
 Asura.Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-25 08:57:07  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Asura.Rule said:
It removes visitant status. Pretty sure that would give the 10 second countdown and then boot.

that sucks...we got the mimic NM in the highlands down to 1% and wiped, that 1 extra person would have been more than enough...
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 08:58:58  
Ouch. That sucks.

Sorry I didn't mention it earlier in the thread.
 Asura.Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-25 08:59:46  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ouch. That sucks.

you knew about this? O_o
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 09:01:40  
Asura.Rule said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ouch. That sucks.

you knew about this? O_o
I read it in passing on BG, but it didn't click. I thought it would give the 5 minutes to get the status back. I didn't think about how it gives you 10 seconds OUTSIDE the barrier.

Asura.Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-25 09:03:37  
well...thanks for all the info(and link to BG)

Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-06-25 09:06:13  
Let it be noted that the bird NM can suck it :\
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 09:10:09  
Ramuh.Urial said:
You act like you didn't expect that before we attacked...

"Krizz you have RR?"

Yeah... you knew it was coming...
 Ragnarok.Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-25 09:10:20  
Was stuck in traffic, Krizz, so sorry for the late reply lol. Damn New York drivers need to learn that the Garden State Parkway is NOT Manhattan...

Anyway, yes the mob had Ephemeral in it's name, it had an orange glow, was the flying crab thing, and we got about 476 exp from it, give or take a few exp. The only dud aspect was that it gave less Cruor than normal mobs.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 09:11:22  
Ragnarok.Doluka said:
Was stuck in traffic, Krizz, so sorry for the late reply lol. Damn New York drivers need to learn that the Garden State Parkway is NOT Manhattan...

Anyway, yes the mob had Ephemeral in it's name, it had an orange glow, was the flying crab thing, and we got about 476 exp from it, give or take a few exp. The only dud aspect was that it gave less Cruor than normal mobs.
That's interesting. I don't suppose you noted your glow at the time?
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-06-25 09:11:35  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

"Krizz you have RR?"

I wasn't expecting him to be a douche and stun me. If he hadn't done that it would have been a long but manageable fight.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-25 09:14:29  
Random question, is there much to do inside the barrier? I mean, in the way of talking to NPC's and such (there were so many NPC's that I just grabbed visitation and ignored the rest). If so, what are the limitations on this first area, do you need a stone to get here, or only to cross the barrier? If you do need a stone, can you use it to enter, but not get visitation status and it won't use your stone? Basically, is there any way I can take my time talking to all these NPC's without wasting what precious little time I have in Abyssea?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 09:14:51  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Urial said:

"Krizz you have RR?"

I wasn't expecting him to be a douche and stun me. If he hadn't done that it would have been a long but manageable fight.
I'm reading up on it now. Apparently that stun is rather long as well. Probably a NM to have a backup blink tank on.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 09:15:56  
Odin.Blazza said:
Random question, is there much to do inside the barrier? I mean, in the way of talking to NPC's and such (there were so many NPC's that I just grabbed visitation and ignored the rest). If so, what are the limitations on this first area, do you need a stone to get here, or only to cross the barrier? If you do need a stone, can you use it to enter, but not get visitation status and it won't use your stone? Basically, is there any way I can take my time talking to all these NPC's without wasting what precious little time I have in Abyssea?
You can get a few of the quests without visitant status. I did it while getting CSs from each maw. There are certain ones that won't work. The NPCs you buy from won't work.
 Ragnarok.Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-25 09:19:55  
The Cruor Prospector and Atma Infusionist won't do anything unless you have visitant status on, but the other NPCs within the barrier won't act any differently. You also can't go past the barrier without getting visitant.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 09:23:00  
Ragnarok.Doluka said:
The Cruor Prospector and Atma Infusionist won't do anything unless you have visitant status on, but the other NPCs within the barrier won't act any differently. You also can't go past the barrier without getting visitant.
Can't get the Martello related quests as well.
 Leviathan.Willoflame
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-25 10:07:30  
Ok Krizz, I edited your map for Abys-LaThiene a little bit. My font seemed different, I was using Arial. I suck at using paint :(.

It is to be noted, that the glowy Ephemeral Clinoids wander around near each mob location. From my observations, there is only ONE Ephemeral per mob location. Their repop time has to be either 5 mins or >5mins. Each one gives a bonus of about 100+ Cruor and makes you glow (lol) which I still don't understand.

Quests can be opened by talking to NPC's. It seems as of right now, the only reward is cruor. However, if you complete quests, more quests will become available.

The past few runs of Abyssea that I've done have been duo'd with a NIN/WAR (me) and WHM/SMN (my wife). Each time we'd find something new. Now we are going to try to farm pop items for my LS to come in and kill the NM's. Hopefully there are some good drops to be found.

To any of you new Abysseans out there, DON'T OPEN UP STRAY CHESTS. THEY ARE MIMICS AND WILL KILL YOU, THEN LAUGH AT YOU AND DESPAWN IN YOUR FACE. However, any chests that appear in such a manor of FoV chests, feel free to unlock them!
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 36 37 38