AT&T To Discontinue Unlimited Data Plan.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » AT&T to discontinue unlimited data plan.
AT&T to discontinue unlimited data plan.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-05 16:44:01  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
@Vin I'd like to use it on lunch breaks at work, and being able to leave my room would be nice. @Oum I was actually torn between the design and "oohh~ aahh~" of the iPhone 4 and the ease of PC connection of an Android.
Oh I have a laptop. If I didn't have one I'd probably have a smart phone or something by now though.

I have desk top onry. Plus, I hunt in the winter, laying in a tent at night, watching youtube, chatting, or trolling would be nice, which is casically a list of things my PSP can't do.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-05 16:45:17  
Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I know, but that type of crap just brings me to a "the laws should be altered to make me lol" mood.
Oh yeah totally understand, I still get caught up in those... My first experience with it was about 12 years ago when a company was advertising a stick of 32MB EDO Memory for $19.99. But it was actually $99.99 and the $19.99 one was a 8MB stick >_<.

They probably used some sort of 'Starting at..' BS or 'You have to have this to get this.' BS.. Right?
 Leviathan.Bilonn
サーバ: Leviathan
user: RKumono
By Leviathan.Bilonn 2010-07-05 16:45:40  
AT&T - All new plans: 3G = 2GB Cap
Sprint - All new plans: 3G = 5GB Cap, 4G Unlimited

Don't know about the others...
..though I know that you need to watch out in regards to 4G. Check out the differences, because AT&T 4G is completly different from Sprint 4G. (This difference will also mean that AT&T is highly unlikely to ever have Unlimited 4G, as in a 0.1% chance of having unlimited.)

Sprint 4G is on the Clear band, the original one, which has most of the frequencies and they are patented to Sprint and Clear. AT&T will never share this band with Sprint, nor will anyone else.

And no, I don't work for either one, nor do I have either one. I acutally use a Verizon phone, because I don't do data on my phone.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-05 16:52:50  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
@Vin I'd like to use it on lunch breaks at work, and being able to leave my room would be nice. @Oum I was actually torn between the design and "oohh~ aahh~" of the iPhone 4 and the ease of PC connection of an Android.
Oh I have a laptop. If I didn't have one I'd probably have a smart phone or something by now though.

I have desk top onry. Plus, I hunt in the winter, laying in a tent at night, watching youtube, chatting, or trolling would be nice, which is casically a list of things my PSP can't do.
my modded PSP hates browsing the internets ;;
i'm thinking it's half because i haven't updated my firmware to what it should be and the other half is that pspz browser is shitty.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-05 16:53:14  
Idk, I might end up with Verizon, eventually. But I'm gonna have to want a smartphone bad. As for now, this new plan thing is pretty much a deal breaker.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-05 16:53:49  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
my modded PSP hates browsing the internets ;;

Un-*** it up.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-05 16:54:03  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Idk, I might end up with Verizon, eventually. But I'm gonna have to want a smartphone bad. As for now, this new plan thing is pretty much a deal breaker.
why don't you get an lolipad
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-05 16:55:23  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
why don't you get an lolipad

Because I'm not a *** retard.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-05 16:55:49  
> Kojo, yup lol.

> Bilonn, That new ATT cap sucks. It's a miracle people are still with ATT data after all this time. If people were not lazy and got off their *** and took advantage of Verizon's 30 day tryout policy, they would see it's clearly superior to ATT's coverage.

For frequency issues, it really doesn't matter which segments are allocated to which provider. GSM is actually a VoIP codec. The type of modulation 4G uses is so similar to what it's originally meant to be it can be tied in and interoperated extremely closely to WiMax APs. With that you're able to transmit as much data you want without hardware limitations. So doesn't matter if you have a higher or lower range on the ITUR licensed range, you're good to go.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-05 16:59:16  
Basically for me, I was just gonna get one cause I could and I'd have use for it. I'll now just stay as I am and neither AT&T nor Apple will get any additional money from me, though an iPod touch might be nice, It wouldn't be much more useful than my PSP, so I don't plan to get one of those, either.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-05 17:22:17  
only reason i'd say verizon probably would be the better choice is just due to the fact that they are upgrading their network to something called LTE, and yea lol beats anything else 4g out of the water from what they've currently been able to test.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-05 17:28:40  
Every 4g infrastructure will use LTE eventually. ATT in 2011.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-05 17:30:03  
Every 4g infrastructure will use LTE eventually. ATT in 2011.
but Verizon will get to do the first dance.
you know everyone in the US loves doing the first dance.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-05 17:35:07  
Sorry I misworded "eventually". LTE was a standard built from 3.xG up to 4G. LTE is 4G. You can't have 4G without LTE.

Verizon is first, yes because their 3G network dwarfs ATT's.

Edit: Sprint and Clearwire do not count. They've implemented WiMAX in several cities and advertised it as 4G in some areas, although very similar, it's not 100% accurate.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-05 17:40:48  
Sorry I misworded "eventually". LTE was a standard built from 3.xG up to 4G. LTE is 4G. You can't have 4G without LTE.

Verizon is first, yes because their 3G network dwarfs ATT's.
but they have a big map and it falls off into your coffee on the at&t commercial(or was it sprint), can't be good if it falls into your coffee.
 Valefor.Zolan
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-07-05 19:36:21  
Well I have been deciding if I was going with ATT or Verizon and even though I had JUST Settled on ATT I guess I'm going with Verizon.. I know the Voice quality on the Droids is lacking.. but its better then being hit with 10 dollars a gig or 40 dollars a gig if I tried the cheaper plan...

And I know ATT is a huge company and one person dosent matter to them but I hope this turns out to be a bad move on their part even with their Iphone drawing new customers I hope this turns enough away that Apple releases it to Verizon as well to supplement the drop in sales.
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2010-07-05 19:51:33  
I have ATT In california and I had the 30 Data plan for a month. I had a 15 dollar Unlimited family data plan and I was stupid enough to buy a phone at best buy and they said I had to get the 30 dollar plan.

Till now I have no knowledge about this happen, The att nerds down the street are cool with me and tell me things I should't never know but they havent't said anything about it.

They also know about my tethering illegally with my three phones Actually four now cause I found one Iphone 3gs at 711(yes I made every possible thing to return it) I will have to go talk to them tomorrow tuesday when they are open. I dont want a huge *** bill becouse I played FFXI on my data plan and did dynamis too on it.

P.S That shiz is fast Faster than my cable connection FYI.