How Would This Be For Running 14?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » How would this be for running 14?
How would this be for running 14?
 Valefor.Shinitro
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Shinitro
By Valefor.Shinitro 2010-07-20 23:21:48  
Intel® Core™ i7 980x Extreme Six Core Processor (3.33GHz, 12MB Cache)

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

6GB DDR3 1333MHz (3x 2GB) Tri Channel Memory

Dual 2GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 CrossfireX™ Enabled

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome. I'm not extremely tech savvy but please
let me know what you think and help me out, thx :)
 Bahamut.Weasel
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-07-20 23:23:54  
Do you have access to this system (is it the one you're running now?)? If so, give the benchmark a run and it will rate your system on how well it will perform with 14.

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/benchmark/na/download.html
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-20 23:25:26  
Your system will be fine.

You won't be able to test your Crossfire setup until SE releases a full screen benchmark program so the one available today is not accurate.
 Valefor.Shinitro
By Valefor.Shinitro 2010-07-20 23:26:23  
Bahamut.Weasel said:
Do you have access to this system (is it the one you're running now?)? If so, give the benchmark a run and it will rate your system on how well it will perform with 14.

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/benchmark/na/download.html

Not yet, this is what i'm looking into. Just wondering if I should improve it or not. I want this game to look really pretty haha.
 Ifrit.Maddi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddi 2010-07-20 23:45:53  
improve, lol? what do you wanna improve there? only thing you really could do is get more ram, but i doubt that will affect the game at all(with 6GB ram already).

By chichi 2010-07-20 23:48:36  
is this a thread to rub it in :(...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Shinitro
By Valefor.Shinitro 2010-07-20 23:56:37  
This is just copy pasted from a friend, I haven't checked any actual prices or nothing and i'm not trying to rub anything in D:.

Was just wondering if it would really make the game fly is all. Oh and thank you for the insight Maddi :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Migado
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Migado
By Ramuh.Migado 2010-07-21 00:00:49  
That sounds like a pretty reasonable machine. I'd go Nvidia > ATI though. What motherboard are you looking at? I prefer Asus boards to all others.
 Ifrit.Sabinblitz
By Ifrit.Sabinblitz 2010-07-21 00:07:07  
A 5970 is basically 2 5870 in one package. Buying 2 of these will be a waste for FF14 there is no way that it will scale to use 4 graphics chips. Crossfire scaling is not 1:1 in other words going from 1 card to 2 does not double your frames per second. Currently ATI >Nvidia in the price performance ratio. Nvidia's current flagship is power hungry and more expensive for a small gain in performance. People with 5870's(Ati's fastest single card) are not maxing out the benchmark they have said that they built the game for the long haul and to be maxed out in a few years.
 Valefor.Shinitro
By Valefor.Shinitro 2010-07-21 00:17:54  
Thanks for all the info so far guys, i'll take it all into consideration.
 Asura.Meowzma
サーバ: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-07-21 00:25:26  
Your spec isn't even 6 month old. You should know that if you bought it with that kind of price tag....

Edit:

Valefor.Shinitro said:
This is just copy pasted from a friend, I haven't checked any actual prices or nothing and i'm not trying to rub anything in D:

Intel® Core™ i7 980x Extreme Six Core Processor (3.33GHz, 12MB Cache) $800+

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

6GB DDR3 1333MHz (3x 2GB) Tri Channel Memory $150+?

Dual 2GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 CrossfireX™ Enabled $500+?

You don't really even need half of that.

Check out AMD 1090T Processor, it's like the NQ of the 980x but about $600 cheaper.

[Do not start an AMD vs Intel war please.]

Valefor.Shinitro
By Valefor.Shinitro 2010-07-21 00:30:11  
Asura.Meowzma said:
Your spec isn't even 6 month old. You should know that if you bought it with that kind of price tag....

Again, I haven't bought anything yet, I'm just gathering info. Not sure if you read the previous posts.
 Asura.Meowzma
サーバ: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-07-21 00:34:13  
Valefor.Shinitro said:
Asura.Meowzma said:

Again, I haven't bought anything yet, I'm just gathering info. Not sure if you read the previous posts.

Sorry, I hadn't read the other posts, I clicked reply and went for a drink before writing lol :D
 Valefor.Shinitro
By Valefor.Shinitro 2010-07-21 00:37:51  
No worries lol, and thanks as well for the other info you provided.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-21 09:09:39  
My laptop sounds similar to the OP's computer. Mine has slightly less in just a couple areas, I don't recall which off the top of my head. I sure hope it can run ffxiv well. >< I know it's running ffxi like a dream. Even looking towards a wall in WG I'm getting a steady 29.4fps. When on my old laptop I had to look at a wall to get around 10-14.... >.>;;
 Titan.Cripnicc
サーバ: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-07-30 15:16:00  
Gonna buy new laptop to play ffxiv and was wondering is this would be good enough

http://www.dell.com/us/en/eep/laptop-gaming/alienware-m15x/pd.aspx?refid=alienware-m15x&s=eep&cs=6097

the graphics card is a GeForce GTX 260, the reccomendation's say u should have a 460 what do u think?

Posting in this thread cause didnt wanna add to the million that are already out there
 Carbuncle.Ronson
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-07-30 16:13:41  
Asura.Meowzma said:
Your spec isn't even 6 month old. You should know that if you bought it with that kind of price tag.... Edit:
Valefor.Shinitro said:
This is just copy pasted from a friend, I haven't checked any actual prices or nothing and i'm not trying to rub anything in D:
Intel® Core™ i7 980x Extreme Six Core Processor (3.33GHz, 12MB Cache) $800+ Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English 6GB DDR3 1333MHz (3x 2GB) Tri Channel Memory $150+? Dual 2GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 CrossfireX™ Enabled $500+? You don't really even need half of that. Check out AMD 1090T Processor, it's like the NQ of the 980x but about $600 cheaper. [Do not start an AMD vs Intel war please.]

not a war post but intel run cooler and have potential
tho AMD offer money for value(cheaper)
 Cerberus.Rictor
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Spoon
By Cerberus.Rictor 2010-07-30 16:46:02  
Since we're on the subject, and I don't want to start another thread, I'm looking at a new laptop this year and would prefer one that could run 14. The only question I really have is in regards to a videocard. In particular, I'm looking at a pre-built system with an NVIDIA GeForce GT230M (512 MB). Will this type of card do it for me, or am I going to have to suck it up and go bigger?

CPU is an intel core 2 duo @ 2.5 Ghz with 4G RAM. Thanks for letting me piggy back on this question :P
 Ifrit.Sabinblitz
By Ifrit.Sabinblitz 2010-07-30 17:02:47  
I just wanted to drop in here and say that its really hard to know what the game will run on right now. Like Wardens said he could play XI on his old laptop but sometimes would only get 10-14fps. I'm not in the beta so I can't really test anything as far as that goes. I have a couple of different cpus with old graphics cards It'd be nice if I could test them out. Anyways, one last thing keep in mind when purchasing a laptop that the graphics card in it may not be as powerfull as its desktop brother. Some times they scale them down a bit to conserve power, not saying this is always the case but don't just go to a benchmark website and say oh this gtx260 from the desktop will bench the same as one for the laptop I want to buy.