フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Monk Questions
Monk Questions
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-06 12:56:44  
hmm well hopefully theres a beseiged tonight then, I can try that out. They dont do beseiged as much as before, i miss it.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-06 19:46:54  
yea i skilled up enfeeb on rdm in besieged. chainspell dia ftw lol

Just hundred fists > revitalizer > hundred fists and so on. should cap in no time
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-08 15:19:05  
Another question: When I go to fight the NM for Asuran Fists, do I have to be monk or can I be another job to fight the NM i pop?
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-08 15:21:43
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

You can be any job to fight the NM, it's a key item used to pop it so you're free to be whatever you want.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-08 15:22:37  
ok cool just wasn't sure. it doesnt say on wiki if i can be a diff job. thk u
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-24 09:55:37  
Ok I completed everything above.

Now I wanna know what's at least a good set up if you dont have r/e stuff.

I'm still building it but I'd like some suggestions that may help to get.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=36332

I can't find a sky ls that is around the times I can play, i dont have a dyna ls also at times i can play. I don't have tons of gil. I just don't have alot of time for certain events to get some good stuff but if there is stuff that is decent enough I can try for out of event please let me know.

:) Thanks
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-03-24 10:18:12  
Short-term: Quest a Smart Grenade, grab a Walahra Turban for TP most of the time (Optical Hat for Asuran Fists) and hunt some Dune Boots (100% drop) and you should be good to go. Destroyers will also serve you well if you can get them, as well Faith Baghnakhs (better than people think) but will eat stones... rather quickly...

Mid-term: 2nd 5acc ring, Tiphia Sting, Shura Togi/Byakko's Haidate/Forager's Mantle/Peacock Charm/Merman's Earring. O Kote over H Kote and N Kote situationally.

Long-term: Black Belt, 2x 7acc ring, full Usukane.

Fumas are better than Dune Boots situationally in very high haste situations, probably not worth bothering with until you get a Black Belt.

Faith Torque is only really good for MNK depending on your merits; if you are 8/8 then PCC is actually better on most mobs in the long run.

I might have missed some stuff and I'm not a MNK so :o
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-24 10:23:46  
yep, thats about it ^
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-24 10:36:27  
well i have turban for tp, i have fumas too, i probably will have destroyers soon, black belt will take me forever since i still need the pre reqs done too, and dune boots my friend told me to get too.

But is the gear I have at least decent enough to have til I get great gear?

I at least would like to participate in events effectively if they need me as mnk, which will probably be never...../emo
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-24 10:56:21  
Honestly its very average. You wouldn't embarrass yourself terribly simply b/c of how strong monk is. You have the basics down / decent weapon / brown belt / x2 acc rings. Upgrade that ammo asap as seashell outside of chakra macro is a lol magnet.

You may not have alot of gil or alot of time to farm it, but it is possible to make it a little bit at a time. I would suggest contacting a sky shell on your sever and inquire about at least purchasing some shura haidate. Looks like they run 500k~1mil which isn't too bad really. B haidate are going to run much higher obviously but well worth it, if you really can never join a sky shell to get for free.

Destroyers also get asap. The KS is easy and if you can't get a group just camp the bc, most groups who do them are there for gil and /toss the weapons. You can usually buy them off a group for very cheap or get them for free since they would be floored anyway.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-24 11:22:12  
Ok, I'll do the quest for smart grenade tonight if im on. i guess i can talk to a few ppl for sky ls's and see what happens. I didnt think of ppl selling destroyers, ill have to look on that or see if i can get ppl for the ksnm.
 Asura.Kyjelly
サーバ: Asura
user: Kyjelly
By Asura.Kyjelly 2009-03-24 12:12:59  
Alyria said:
Ok I been looking around and finding different types of back pieces, hands, legs, feet, and my question is what is actually better to have for mnk Accuracy or more Attack?

For example there's the Charger Mantle which gives +20 atk and then theres the amemet mantle +1 which gives +15 stk +2 str. Which is better? having +2 str or the +5 more atk?

And another example is for hands, there's hands that give +20 accuracy and the r/e bkotes for +22 atk or the okotes. Which is better for monk?

My monk is at 67 atm. I just need ideas of what to actually get before spending any gil.

to answer your question as to whether have more acc or atk its situational. for example if i'm meriting on birds i usually have more atk and str, where as if i'm fighting mamoolja lurkers or infiltrators i prefer to have more acc. i'd recommend parsing yourself and testing out pieces.

to give you some suggestions for hands, legs, feet back that are relatively easy to get...

hands- af,af2,ochiudo's kote

legs- shura haidate, byakko's, strike subligar, vendor slops, princes slops

feet- dune boots, seikenshi habaki, jukenshen habai

back foragers mantle, amement mantle+1
 Cerberus.Shuhisiihi
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shuhisiihi 2009-03-24 13:40:16  
ok im refering to the new gear that is coming out with the expansion...what do you guys think is the best augment setup in general and/or for a taru? cause im debating weither it would even be better then SH or shura
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-24 13:44:53  
I dunno, Osode and Shura have had its debates from what I've read. I dont have a shura but I have osode. I was thinking if the augmenting system allows us to augment certain items for monk I think there might be a huge debate of what stats to pick etc. based on the item. If its out of those 3 bodies, I think I'd get the body just for tping purposes.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-24 13:46:20  
Shuhisiihi said:
ok im refering to the new gear that is coming out with the expansion...what do you guys think is the best augment setup in general and/or for a taru? cause im debating weither it would even be better then SH or shura

Better than SH by a LONG ways, and I would say better than NQ togi.
5str 5dex 5agi 10acc 10att vs 10 acc 20 att. Also as pointed out to me in a different thread its also a turn around of 60 HP which is pretty significant.
If your str and dex are odd before puttin on the body its an extra 1 acc and att as well.

If your acc is capped @95% then togi is probably better for asuran, but there aren't going to be many situations where you are @ capped acc on mnk while eating meat.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-24 13:46:45  
You could take that Mirke set and make it into a Haubergeon for MNK. STR+5 DEX+5 Attack+10 ACC+10. Would be better than Shura Togi, free, and with no downsides on it.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-24 13:48:34  
Alyria said:
I dunno, Osode and Shura have had its debates from what I've read. I dont have a shura but I have osode. I was thinking if the augmenting system allows us to augment certain items for monk I think there might be a huge debate of what stats to pick etc. based on the item. If its out of those 3 bodies, I think I'd get the body just for tping purposes.

Togi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Osode

osode is really for AF,HF,DK only. If mnk is your main or you don't have another job that would benefit too much from an expansion body and you don't have access to shura then mnk haub from CC is awesome.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-24 14:03:38  
Well I was refering to the bodies for augmenting, we wont know for sure what pieces will be able to augment so its kinda tough to answer that question of the shura thing he was asking. i dont have shura just osode, read all the debates of it. I just use what i got lol
 Fairy.Keon
サーバ: Fairy
user: bassplay
By Fairy.Keon 2009-03-24 14:23:46  
Alyria said:
Ok I completed everything above.

Now I wanna know what's at least a good set up if you dont have r/e stuff.

I'm still building it but I'd like some suggestions that may help to get.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=36332

I can't find a sky ls that is around the times I can play, i dont have a dyna ls also at times i can play. I don't have tons of gil. I just don't have alot of time for certain events to get some good stuff but if there is stuff that is decent enough I can try for out of event please let me know.

:) Thanks

While waiting on dune boots, Wulong Shoes are a better option with you strike subligar than Junhanshi Habaki.