users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Hagun VS Keitonotachi
Hagun VS Keitonotachi
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2010-07-28 01:50:22  
I didnt mean that either back piece was more attainable than the other... I meant that that entire Set is not attainable for most!
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-07-28 02:51:23  
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
idk i dont have any acc on my sam besides ult ring, and have no acc issues with 329 GK skill, guess that helps, but Hagun ftw still imo, was goin in abyssea with guy that has that GK done and he couldnt hit over 1k for ***, which i was doin easily so idk, maybe was his gear.
Its not been a question of who can land a higher weapon skill, Hagun has that market cornered for now. But as I've put out before, if auto-attack + weapon skill > high weapon skill + weak auto-attack, its time to start working on that end. I see many people trying to super gear their WS builds and completely ignore their damage capacity when they TP.
 Bahamut.Silvarion
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Pilsi
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-07-28 08:40:51  
really talk about on Dot on sam?
isnt it just
HASTTTE TP STOOORE AS FAST AS U CAN 100TP WS W/ BIG NUMBAS
dont sam loose against DRK and WAR if we look on DoT ?
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-28 08:46:13  
The aim is to get to 100TP as fast as possible, it's just up to you on how you achieve it.

Ragnarok.Kyoshin
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-07-28 08:54:03  
Bahamut.Silvarion said:
really talk about on Dot on sam?
isnt it just
HASTTTE TP STOOORE AS FAST AS U CAN 100TP WS W/ BIG NUMBAS
dont sam loose against DRK and WAR if we look on DoT ?

Add in MNKs and DRGs at least when in consideration of the SAM using Hagun.

I'd like to go for Keitonotachi, but by the time I finish my Usukane Haramaki the next patch will have come and there will be more trials to add onto it. Going to keep my focus on that for now.
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-07-28 09:04:58  
I really kind of like the Hyog.. ones. Going to work on a Weaken Def one. DMG is higher than store tp/kasha ones, plus possible added effects kicking in.

I don't know the math, but I'm thinking that DMG:92 Delay:450 will beat a Hagun, with more trials likely coming.
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-07-28 09:10:10  
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Diabolos.Sephirothforbes said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ok... Going by past threads and some info from SAM friends... But since when has acc been a problem for GK sams?
idk i dont have any acc on my sam besides ult ring, and have no acc issues with 329 GK skill, guess that helps, but Hagun ftw still imo, was goin in abyssea with guy that has that GK done and he couldnt hit over 1k for ***, which i was doin easily so idk, maybe was his gear.
The main topic here is DoT, not epeen ws numbers.

Oh Dots hmm, nvr cared much of dot on sam i got mnk for that which DOT is sick and keep alot of hate, like sam my ws pull alot of hate shouldnt that be taken in consideration of DOT. Imo damage per round is stupid low on Hagun but makes up for it alot with that Gekko. On mnk my DOT is serious and i keep hate with low ws's, but i still think hagun is better and great bang for ya buck till they make trial easier or a TP Bonus stat on em.
 Unicorn.Sedres
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-07-28 09:24:21  
Hagun is better if you *need* to use Gekko's extra pDif bonus, if you're comparing the TP bonus and the +10% Kasha. However, for most things Kash'a pDif bonus is pretty sufficient.
That aside, Hagun's TP Bonus is going to be back seated when we get GK's with damage around (I think) the 110~ mark.
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-07-28 09:26:57  
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ok... Going by past threads and some info from SAM friends... But since when has acc been a problem for GK sams?

Oh Dots hmm, nvr cared much of dot on sam i got mnk for that which DOT is sick and keep alot of hate, like sam my ws pull alot of hate shouldnt that be taken in consideration of DOT. Imo damage per round is stupid low on Hagun but makes up for it alot with that Gekko. On mnk my DOT is serious and i keep hate with low ws's, but i still think hagun is better and great bang for ya buck till they make trial easier or a TP Bonus stat on em.

DoT =/= TP phase damage

DoT is your OVERALL damage. Increasing your DoT is better than Epeen WS numbers.
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-28 09:30:24  
Keitonotachi will be:
* 21% increase in damage per hit (or ~7.35% increase in Global damage)
* 20% increase in WS frequency (or ~13% increase in Global damage)
* ~1% increase in WS damage (or ~0.65% increase in Global damage) [accounting for TP Bonus]
* 3% decrease in swing rate (or 3% decrease in Global damage)
So Keitonotachi will be somewhere in the order of 15-20% better than Hagun, before accounting for haste difference.

Assuming 60% haste before adding gear (ie the maximum level of haste where both sets get the full gain from the gear) the Hagun set will 15% ahead. As the total haste level drops the gap shrinks, ie at 45% before gear the difference is only 8.5%.

My maths is a little rusty (hence the range in the conclusion) but it’s pretty clear the 5hit Keitono will beat the Hagun.
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-07-28 09:31:15  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

DoT =/= TP phase damage

DoT is your OVERALL damage. Increasing your DoT is better than Epeen WS numbers.

Agreed in most situations. But when you're /thf for hate sticking.. Epeen WS numbers ftw.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-07-28 11:23:53  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

DoT =/= TP phase damage

Thank you, so many dumb shits in here got no idea what they talking about lol
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-07-28 12:16:11  
Yeah... Samurai who are impressed with WS damage, especially on weak monsters, are pretty amusing. If you're only doing 800 WSs but doing them 3:2 in comparison to the guy doing 1k WSs, well, 2400 > 2000 even before you count the bonus from extra damage per swing.

Though the big numbers people also are usually the ones who can't do Store TP math properly.

Nice 3k-ish damage on that Lesser Colibri btw.
[+]
 Bahamut.Silvarion
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Pilsi
By Bahamut.Silvarion 2010-07-28 12:29:23  
i tested radennotachi vs hagun
its about 200-300dmg lower DMG von Y/G/K
but a bit more on rana
and 20~50 more dmg / hit than Hagun
think its same w/ Keito, but this one is 5 hit
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-28 12:33:01  
Looool that is so true. I joined a LS recently as there is a SAM like this who swears by this 'highest WS wins' mentality, the amount of damn times the PT chat log gets:

OMG 1800 Gekko :D

or

3K Gekko! (In Limbus) might I add.

/sigh..

He lol'd and got extremely butt hurt when I said Soboro is better for DoT and Hagun for non melee /thf situations.

I generally parse all events and he hasn't even come close, I might show him them one day, but I'll more than likely get some lame excuse as to why he didn't come near.
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-07-28 12:41:22  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I generally parse all events and he hasn't even come close, I might show him them one day, but I'll more than likely get some lame excuse as to why he didn't come near.

I'm a Hagun SAM myself until I finish Usu body, but even then I'll keep it around since I worked my bum off for it.

As for parse though, I know what you mean. The people who are the loudest braggarts about their spike damage always give some lame excuse like, "Your parser is broken" or "You have your chat log filtered to give you an edge!"
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-07-28 22:53:55  
K seems opinons will make u a idiot lol, check my comment. But yeah imo DOT sams lol, yeah u prob do the most damage over hours of play or w/e but u wont be plantin hate /thf. But yeah Opinions make u a Idiot lol thats funny. And damn i thgouth sams were here to hit big numbers with skillchains, that weak *** GK not puttin up big Numbers on WS to do big SKillchains. Just My Opinion. have ya fill
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-07-28 23:13:45  
sam/drg with soboro = sex
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-07-28 23:18:00  
K seems opinons will make u a idiot lol, check my comment. But yeah imo DOT sams lol, yeah u prob do the most damage over hours of play or w/e but u wont be plantin hate /thf. But yeah Opinions make u a Idiot lol thats funny. And damn i thgouth sams were here to hit big numbers with skillchains, that weak *** GK not puttin up big Numbers on WS to do big SKillchains. Just My Opinion. have ya fill

This hurt to read, but what kind of Samurai brings only one weapon for combat? "S**t is situational" has become practically our motto.
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-07-29 08:41:01  
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
This hurt to read, but what kind of Samurai brings only one weapon for combat? "S**t is situational" has become practically our motto.

Still carry a Honebami with me. Haven't used it since first starting limbus and used it on the no slashing floors, but now I just use polearm. Either way, I must agree, options are nice.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-07-29 09:09:07  

What is this weird trend where people capitalize random *** letters?
[+]
 Leviathan.Revgrigor
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Revgrigor
By Leviathan.Revgrigor 2010-07-29 09:14:00  
If your going for Dot and 5 hitting Keitonotachi why not 5hit with ?
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-07-29 10:14:56  
Leviathan.Revgrigor said:
If your going for Dot and 5 hitting Keitonotachi why not 5hit with ?

True true
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-29 10:52:29  
Seraph.Rafik said:

Pole arm beats soboro when you can get decent numbers out of penta

OAT GKT beats soboro when you need gekko's cratio boost

Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-07-29 13:06:11  
Valefor.Argettio said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Pole arm beats soboro when you can get decent numbers out of penta

OAT GKT beats soboro when you need gekko's cratio boost

we were talking about soboro over hagun...
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2010-08-06 08:51:31  
Silv, you're better off with your hagun 6-hit build, chances are if you're losing acc/haste/other ***to obtain a 5-hit, its usually not worth it. Maybe with a setup like

Head : walahra turban
neck : Justice torque
Ear1 :wyvern earring
Ear2: Brutal
Ring1 : rajas
Ring2 : Hoard ring
Body : usu body
Legs :byakkos
Hands : dusk
Feet : Usu feet
Belt : v.belt
Back : foragers/cerb+1
ammo : Black tath
Grip : Pole grip

If you arent rocking something similiar to this, then i wouldnt even bother with the GK for a 5-hit. Im not even sure if this beats hagun 6-hit yet because i havent tested it yet. But, you would lose 27 Delay ( Assuming you used sword strap with this gear minus the hoard ring with hagun) and Some acc, att, etc from using hoard ring and should obtain 6-hit without carbonara.

Answer: Stick with your hagun 6-hit
 Ifrit.Vextra
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-06 09:09:00  
Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
Silv, you're better off with your hagun 6-hit build, chances are if you're losing acc/haste/other ***to obtain a 5-hit, its usually not worth it. Maybe with a setup like

If you arent rocking something similiar to this, then i wouldnt even bother with the GK for a 5-hit. Im not even sure if this beats hagun 6-hit yet because i havent tested it yet. But, you would lose 27 Delay ( Assuming you used sword strap with this gear minus the hoard ring with hagun) and Some acc, att, etc from using hoard ring and should obtain 6-hit without carbonara.

Answer: Stick with your hagun 6-hit

Sorry but a 5 hit will beat a hagun 6hit
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-06 09:12:49  
Lakshmi.Blacklion said:

Ring2: Sniper's +1
Grip: Rose Strap

You lose 2 DA (Grip) and 1 haste (Usu feet) over a normal 6 hit SAM.

20% WS frequency will easily beat 2 DA and 1 haste.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-06 09:48:09  
Unkai Nodowa is another good Store-TP piece ^^
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-06 11:27:58  
5-hit hagun is better ...

trait+merit=35
usubody+rajas+brutal+usu feet=19
rose strap+white tathlum=6
goadling belt+unkai nodowa+tactical mantle=8

total = 68 or 20.0 TP/hit
can eat sushi or pizza

Can lower stp a bit if since you can use enkidu legs or hachiman hands on ws.