日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Big purchase need help pls
Big purchase need help pls
 Shiva.Moogleking
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Moogleking 2010-08-03 15:39:09  
buy a ps3. its cheaper and u dont have to upgrade it. it will be a 10+ year investment .
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-03 15:39:33  
Shiva.Moogleking said:
buy a ps3. its cheaper and u dont have to upgrade it. it will be a 10+ year investment .
Lol.
By dannyl 2010-08-03 15:41:20  
Wow, i can build a wicked pc for that price tag.

If you have the cash for that, go ahead, don't let us stop you.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-03 15:45:13  
People who drop over 1k for a laptop make me lol.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-03 15:49:10  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
They can afford it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-03 15:49:50  
Shiva.Moogleking said:
Really?
[+]
 Phoenix.Hakirshiro
By Phoenix.Hakirshiro 2010-08-03 18:38:00  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
why? because you're broke?
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-08-03 18:52:52  
to the OP, if ya want something to compare to, i have the dell studio 17 (i7 one) should be on dells site. it runs beta on mid settings with almost always max fps, that alienware laptop has a much better graphics card than mine so id say you wont have any problem. also I5 is more than enough.

BUT i'd say that the xps 16 is much better for its price, and i've been told (don't take my word for it) it has a replaceable graphics card

i keep reading all these "lol gaminglaptop" comments, all i wanna say is sometimes mobility makes it worth the extra cost, its why i bought my laptop, not sure why so many feel the need to bash others for not getting a desktop >.>
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2010-08-03 18:56:14  
Definitely go for the PS3 unless you have a ton of uses for it other than gaming (classes, multimedia, job-related, wireless internet, etc.) otherwise you're kinda wasting money if its mostly just for gaming.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-08-03 18:57:41  
Leviathan.Pimpstix said:
Definitely go for the PS3 unless you have a ton of uses for it other than gaming (classes, multimedia, job-related, wireless internet, etc.) otherwise you're kinda wasting money if its mostly just for gaming.

i agree with this if you would only be getting it for XIV... but you'd have to wait till next year to play XD
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-03 18:57:51  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
They can afford it.
They fall into two categorys:
A)Elitist
B)Ignorant(does not know how to wisely use their money, I.E. HURDUR)
You fall into the latter.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-03 19:00:25  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
They can afford it.
A)Elitist
Either that, or you're just unwilling to accept the fact that portability doesn't always have to come at a loss of performance. I know I've said this before, but my 600 dollar laptop runs any game out there at ultra high (Unless it's Crysis, which still runs at 30FPS on Very High). I see no reason to get a big bulky machine that will inevitably cost more, and lose the portability.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-03 19:08:47  
Siren.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
They can afford it.
A)Elitist
Either that, or you're just unwilling to accept the fact that portability doesn't always have to come at a loss of performance. I know I've said this before, but my 600 dollar laptop runs any game out there at ultra high (Unless it's Crysis, which still runs at 30FPS on Very High). I see no reason to get a big bulky machine that will inevitably cost more, and lose the portability.
yup perdy much.
my budget PC i built a few years could run everything lol.
paid 400 bucks for the parts excluding the monitor price.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-08-04 00:14:50  
My set up , ( before the Canadian HST kicked in on July 31, 2010, I purchased my set up on the 29), All my set up costed me under 600.00 at Best Buy. I could have went to a private dealer in my neighbouring city, which factored in all the nice li'l goodies and stuff, I would have shell'd out way more than what I have planned. ( $1029.00 + taxes CDN.)

Like I said, I'm happy with my purchase, and I saved myself 400.00 and still got what I wanted! ( that night when I found out I saved.. I treated the wife to dinner , a movie, and was able to buy me some booze to drink and play FFXI with!)

I can still upgrade on my Ram, and Still add another HD or another video card or go to a Crossfire setup...

[+]
 Hades.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-08-04 00:50:53  
I have an alienware m17x its an awesome computer- i play different games and have no complain, fffxi runs flawlessly on it even with the settings cranked up.
I have the quad core 2.26 processor with 4 gigs of ram and the dual ati video cards. computer is quiet and fast no complains here good luck with ur purchase.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-04 01:02:30  
I hope this has already been mentioned, but if it hasn't.

DO NOT BUY A DELL!!!!

Dell, even the best XPS, put tons of Dell-specific Shovelware and horrible drivers, their laptops in particular, are terrible in that regard

I can't recommend Alienware, while they have top-tier equipment, you pay a premium (usually around +25%) just for the ugly green case.

Ibuypower is my go-to PC build site. Lots of options, good deals, Lifetime Tech support (Not to be confused with a lifetime warranty, but sometimes, simply knowing what's wrong can help you sleep easier) and exceptional service, all within a good price, for a custom build site. (Obviously, building your own will always be the most financially beneficial course of action)

Seriously, do not buy Dell. Or any pre-made PC like HP, Sony Viaos and ***like that. Always go Custom-build (Like Ibuypower or Alienware) if you aren't going to straight build it yourself.
 Leviathan.Fyekuhi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyekuhi
By Leviathan.Fyekuhi 2010-08-09 18:52:45  
Alienware Wiki

For those of you who back Alienware, but like to Flame Dell...Like I said before

Alienware=Dell If you wont recommend a Dell product leave Alienware off the table

Acquisition and current status

Dell considered buying Alienware since 2002, but did not take any action until March 22, 2006, when it agreed to purchase the company.[5] The new subsidiary maintained its autonomy in terms of design and marketing. However, Alienware's access to Dell's supply chain, purchasing power, and economies of scale would lower its operating costs.[6]

Initially, Dell maintained its competing XPS line of gaming PCs, often selling computers with the same specifications. The XPS line may have hurt Alienware's market share within its high-end market segment. Due to corporate restructuring in the spring of 2008, the XPS brand was scaled down. Product development of gaming PCs was consolidated with Dell's gaming division, with Alienware becoming Dell's premier gaming brand.[7] On June 2, 2009, The M17x was introduced as the First Alienware/Dell branded system. Alienware now represents the premium performance space in Dell’s consumer family of products.[8] This launch also expands Alienware’s global reach from six to 45 countries.

I still recommend
Dell Studio XPS 16
+
Dell Services
By Zekko 2010-08-09 19:04:49  
A lot of people saying you don't need an amazing PC to play FFXIV but they will need a decent one to run it on high. Though it's whether you dont mind low settings.