サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 17:35:06  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Alcohol already causes enough trouble. We don't need more legal trouble.
How many people are in jail on weed charges?
your point is silly.

I don't care enough to check that stuff.

I already hate hanging out with people when they're high (nobody walks around drunk here - it's just foolish). If it was legal, I don't think I'd ever leave my house.
because you would be blazed all the time or what?

Because they would. I don't do any form of drugs besides medication.
I don't have fun hanging out with high people. At least when people are drunk, it's like talking to a 5 year old. Talking to someone high is like talking to a brick wall. They just sit around doing nothing.
 Unicorn.Marrs
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:35:58  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Again, this law is 21+, so yes, I am going to ignore the teenagers. Sorry.
Most things drugs/products are for people... we should completely ignore animal testing. And again you are throwing out good results with supposed bad
Your testing is about brains, I think anyone and everyone can agree a brain still developing shouldn't use drugs, and testing brains that are still developing is nowhere near analogous to testing animals, especially when what your testing for refers to the brain (psychosis). Cmon guy...You're really clawing here. Or are you arguing kids are like animals in reference to testing for psychosis in adults or? Seriously, what are you doing?
I'm arguing there are harmful effects and clearly it isn't only teenagers and that people should be mindful of them. That we don't and can't test every exact group in multitude and yes given the nature of this it is much easier to find kids that admit to using and that there are paralells
Simply because the test involved people 24 that doesn't mean it implies them, if I test people 1-65 for alzheimers and 5% of them have it, can I say infants have alzheimers? Even the test say "adolscents". The law will be 21+, if you have a good significant source, or maybe I missed the part in the test where they seperated the age groups....? Then we can go from there.
Why should I bother? You are just looking for excuses to discount it
If my "excuse" is because the testing involved brains that were still in development for a thing that effects that very brain's status, and thats your argument against me (thats an "excuse" of me), good, I'm satisfied with what onlookers will see here.
If your only argument besides the earlier misquoting is because some of the people are at the youngest 14 I'm satistfied too

Yea because the laws 21+ lol. =D Infants have alzheimers, have ya hurrrrd
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 17:36:09  
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
The point is that alcohol would cause a lot more trouble if it were illegal.

Isn't the issue that the government wouldn't be able to control the marijuana market or something, so people would still obtain weed off the streets to get it cheaper?

Or grow it. Why does this matter at all?

The government would want to benefit from it being legal somehow, I'd assume. Besides that, they'll just keep using it as an excuse to arrest people and get ze money!
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-05 17:36:42  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Isn't the issue that the government wouldn't be able to control the marijuana market or something, so people would still obtain weed off the streets to get it cheaper?
Nope. Legal drugs are always cheaper than illegal ones. We've been through this once before with alcohol.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:36:53  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
How many people are in jail on weed charges?
your point is silly.

I don't care enough to check that stuff.

I already hate hanging out with people when they're high (nobody walks around drunk here - it's just foolish). If it was legal, I don't think I'd ever leave my house.
because you would be blazed all the time or what?

Because they would. I don't do any form of drugs besides medication.
I don't have fun hanging out with high people. At least when people are drunk, it's like talking to a 5 year old. Talking to someone high is like talking to a brick wall. They just sit around doing nothing.

I think you've watched to many govt videos. Whats the one? With Peter or whatever? He just sits on his coach for 5 hours?
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:38:01  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
The point is that alcohol would cause a lot more trouble if it were illegal.

Or grow it. Why does this matter at all?

The government would want to benefit from it being legal somehow, I'd assume. Besides that, they'll just keep using it as an excuse to arrest people and get ze money!

Well they would, everyone isn't going to want to grow it, people that do, that would sell it off the streets, if they really wanted to make their business huge they would end up just selling it to the chain stores no? Which are taxed? Or they could keep selling it off the streets, but that doesn't mean other bigger companies aren't going to still.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-05 17:38:33  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Nope. Legal drugs are always cheaper than illegal ones. We've been through this once before with alcohol.
Makes sence since exporting and importing them would be easier and cheaper. I guess the tax wouldnt be that high either.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 17:38:39  
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Most things drugs/products are for people... we should completely ignore animal testing. And again you are throwing out good results with supposed bad
Your testing is about brains, I think anyone and everyone can agree a brain still developing shouldn't use drugs, and testing brains that are still developing is nowhere near analogous to testing animals, especially when what your testing for refers to the brain (psychosis). Cmon guy...You're really clawing here. Or are you arguing kids are like animals in reference to testing for psychosis in adults or? Seriously, what are you doing?
I'm arguing there are harmful effects and clearly it isn't only teenagers and that people should be mindful of them. That we don't and can't test every exact group in multitude and yes given the nature of this it is much easier to find kids that admit to using and that there are paralells
Simply because the test involved people 24 that doesn't mean it implies them, if I test people 1-65 for alzheimers and 5% of them have it, can I say infants have alzheimers? Even the test say "adolscents". The law will be 21+, if you have a good significant source, or maybe I missed the part in the test where they seperated the age groups....? Then we can go from there.
If my "excuse" is because the testing involved brains that were still in development for a thing that effects that very brain's status, and thats your argument against me (thats an "excuse" of me), good, I'm satisfied with what onlookers will see here.
If your only argument besides the earlier misquoting is because some of the people are at the youngest 14 I'm satistfied too
Yeah I bet everyone who goes and buys cigarettes is old enough too.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:39:40  
Now w
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Yeah I bet everyone who goes and buys cigarettes is old enough too.
Ok now we're getting somewhere! I think we can have a discussion now. Davsa, do you think its easier for a teen to get alcohol or pot? What significance, does legality have on acess? Does controlling age by the govt help or hurt teens in reference to pot and or alcohol?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-05 17:39:49  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
The government doesn't make any money off arresting people. It's really, really expensive.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 17:40:08  
I've never watched a single government video on marijuana.
I'm only talking about how people I've seen act while high. They don't do anything reckless, I'll admit that.

I honestly don't care what they do with it. It won't effect me at all unless I were to get in an accident because the other driver is high, etc.
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Ah, okay.
 Ramuh.Nesya
user: Nesya
By Ramuh.Nesya 2010-08-05 17:40:09  
lol im high right now, and im so willing to talk ive decided to get involved in a thread ^^
as for sitting there doing nothing, what do you want? people running around bouncing off the walls?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:42:17  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I'm only talking about how people I've seen act while high. They don't do anything reckless, I'll admit that.

I honestly don't care what they do with it. It won't effect me at all unless I were to get in an accident because the other driver is high, etc.
I'd say that has to do with your moral judgment, if you think someone is going to get into a car wreck because they are high...why are you riding in a car with them/not driving

IE: if you are afraid of them getting in a car wreck, don't ride in a car with someone who is high.
you afraid they are going to slow you to death?
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 17:42:38  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
The government doesn't make any money off arresting people. It's really, really expensive.

Well ***, there has to be SOME reason they won't legalize it. I've heard many reasons why it should be legal over the years, but there has to be some hypothetically good reason why they won't.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 17:43:46  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

I'd say that has to do with your moral judgment, if you think someone is going to get into a car wreck because they are high...why are you riding in a car with them/not driving

I can't control if someone else on the road is high/drunk driving, lol. If I know my friend is high/drunk, of course I don't get the car with 'em.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:44:27  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Well ***, there has to be SOME reason they won't legalize it. I've heard many reasons why it should be legal over the years, but there has to be some hypothetically good reason why they won't.
it's because the US is full of bureaucratic *** and they are probably making money out of it some way, at least in regards to slavery(prison system)
edit:
@haseyo: you ever gotten into a collision with another car with someone who's high in it?
if you get in a wreck, and the other person is high, there's a good chance they aren't only high on weed, that coupled with the fact that they are on the road anyway means that they don't have good judgment skills anyway and should not be on the road, but fearing something that hasn't ever happened to you seems illogical?
you afraid of getting struck by lightning too?
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:45:51  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

I can't control if someone else on the road is high/drunk driving, lol. If I know my friend is high/drunk, of course I don't get the car with 'em.

Again, there isn't a solid correlation between driving high and accidents, and why people worry about this so much but don't care at all about people driving on prescription pills is beyond me. If we're going to protest this as a reason why pot shouldn't be legal, why aren't we protesting why certain prescription pills (Even legal ones too really) should be illegal?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 17:46:50  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
it's because the US is full of bureaucratic *** and they are probably making money out of it some way, at least in regards to slavery(prison system) edit: @haseyo: you ever gotten into a wreck with someone who's high? if you get in a wreck, and the other person is high, there's a good chance they aren't only high on weed, that coupled with the fact that they are on the road anyway means that they don't have good judgment skills anyway and should not be on the road, but fearing something that hasn't ever happened to you seems illogical? you afraid of getting struck by lightning too?
If only prison was more like slavery. I mean makes sense you littlerally work off your crime. And of course stop being an even bigger burden on the economy. Ironically some people actually have much better quality of live and for free than in there actual life
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:47:37  
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Again, there isn't a solid correlation between driving high and accidents, and why people worry about this so much but don't care at all about people driving on prescription pills is beyond me. If we're going to protest this as a reason why pot shouldn't be legal, why aren't we protesting why certain prescription pills (Even legal ones too really) should be illegal?
i can tell you that, me on oxycontin=the most not safe thing in the world in regards to me driving.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 17:48:32  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
it's because the US is full of bureaucratic *** and they are probably making money out of it some way, at least in regards to slavery(prison system) edit: @haseyo: you ever gotten into a wreck with someone who's high? if you get in a wreck, and the other person is high, there's a good chance they aren't only high on weed, that coupled with the fact that they are on the road anyway means that they don't have good judgment skills anyway and should not be on the road, but fearing something that hasn't ever happened to you seems illogical? you afraid of getting struck by lightning too?
If only prison was more like slavery. I mean makes sense you littlerally work off your crime. And of course stop being an even bigger burden on the economy. Ironically some people actually have much better quality of live and for free than in there actual life
there are so many things that i could argue towards that, but i'd rather not, not because I don't think we could have a civil discussion, more to the ends that other people wouldn't be able to have one.

edit: I will add one point though, legalize weed, that takes a ***ton of first time/repeat/etc offenders out of the system therefore *** up how the government perpetuates it.
illegal drugs fuel our prison system to put it bluntly.

also, your point on working off their crime only is valid when that is legitimately a crime and not some possession charge for weed.

weed's decriminalized here in the o-h-i-o though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-05 17:50:14  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I'm actually not nearly as informed on why pot is illegal, but I have some vague theories which seem backed up by the historical record. So keep in mind I'm speculating.

Mainly, pot has always been associated with counter-cultures that go against the group in political power. During the civil war and reconstruction, it was southern blacks. During the 20's and 30's it was those *&#$in beatniks. During the 50's, 60's, and 70's, it was those damn dirty hippies.

When threatened by a counter-culture that they can't attack on the merits alone, the government tends to react by making parts of that culture's identity illegal. Thus providing the legal authority for the government to break up and control it.

This has happened a lot in US history. During the colonial days, the Protestant government passed laws against Catholics not by banning Catholicism (which they couldn't legally do), but by banning the practice of it. (No obeying the Pope, no confessionals, no Hail Mary's, etc.)

You can't arrest someone for being a hippy, but if most hippies smoke pot, well then... just make pot illegal and now you can round 'em up however you wish.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-05 17:52:02  
Lol @ those damn dirty hippys

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-08-05 17:52:43  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
@haseyo: you ever gotten into a collision with another car with someone who's high in it?
if you get in a wreck, and the other person is high, there's a good chance they aren't only high on weed, that coupled with the fact that they are on the road anyway means that they don't have good judgment skills anyway and should not be on the road, but fearing something that hasn't ever happened to you seems illogical?
you afraid of getting struck by lightning too?

Wait, what? lol
Why wouldn't I be afraid of being struck by lightning? A guy around my area was struck by it last week and died.
With that logic, why get insurance on anything? It hasn't happened yet, so why bother worry about it, right?

Marijuana effects sight and judgment, right?
And actually yes, my friend hit a tree not too long ago while high because she didn't process the fact that it was in her face. She was going straight at like 20mph. Only had weed.

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

None of my medicine *** with my brain processing so I have no idea what you're talking about.
 Bismarck.Demented
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nrem
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-08-05 17:52:56  
Yes, legalize Marijuana, please. I would thoroughly enjoy sitting back and watching evolution take it's course. Though, maybe not in my lifetime but, the world would be that much of a better place once all of you potheads have been weeded out. Pun intended.

Such blissful ignorance infuriates me, this thread is just further proof on the failure of the human race. I truly hope we're never visited by an advanced alien species, it would be an embarrassment to be categorized under the same demographic.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:53:42  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I'm actually not nearly as informed on why pot is illegal, but I have some vague theories which seem backed up by the historical record. So keep in mind I'm speculating.

Mainly, pot has always been associated with counter-cultures that go against the group in political power. During the civil war and reconstruction, it was southern blacks. During the 50's, 60's, and 70's, it was those damn dirty hippies.

When threatened by a counter-culture that they can't attack on the merits alone, the government tends to react by making parts of that culture's identity illegal. Thus providing the legal authority for the government to break up and control it.

This has happened a lot in US history. During the colonial days, the Protestant government passed laws against Catholics not by banning Catholicism (which they couldn't legally do), but by banning the practice of it. (No obeying the Pope, no confessionals, no Hail Mary's, etc.)

You can't arrest someone for being a hippy, but if most hippies smoke pot, well then... just make pot illegal and now you can round 'em up however you wish.

This is true, and a good theory as to why it may have remained illegal, but I think it all just stems from the beginning of when it first became so (anyone interested in the story can easily find it online: http://www.hereticalideas.com/2009/02/harry-anslinger-the-original-drug-warrior/), its always been a source of funding for the govt, its literally the govt being its own lobbyist.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 17:54:45  
Bismarck.Demented said:
Yes, legalize Marijuana, please. I would thoroughly enjoy sitting back and watching evolution take it's course. Though, maybe not in my lifetime but, the world would be that much of a better place once all of you potheads have been weeded out. Pun intended.

Such blissful ignorance infuriates me, this thread is just further proof on the failure of the human race. I truly hope we're never visited by an advanced alien species, it would be an embarrassment to be categorized under the same demographic.

God! If only pot od's killed people, survival of the fittest might play.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-05 17:55:05  
Keep in mind that none of these laws are suggesting we completely remove government control of pot. The California decriminalization proposition is just to place it under existing smoking and alcohol laws.

Basically, the production is regulated and taxed. The distribution is managed. No use or sales to minors. No smoking pot where you otherwise couldn't smoke tobacco or drink in public. And no driving under the influence.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-05 17:56:12  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Mainly, pot has always been associated with counter-cultures that go against the group in political power. During the civil war and reconstruction, it was southern blacks. During the 20's and 30's it was those *&#$in beatniks. During the 50's, 60's, and 70's, it was those damn dirty hippies.

It seems similar to why people don't want gay marriage legalized, religious or moral standpoints, nothing is actually harmful about it.

The only reason aside from what I stated above I can think of, is the tobacco companies don't want to take up weed since a lot of people will just grow their own if it's legal. They 'assume' it won't make them as much money imo so they prefer to keep it illegal and not worry about crashing their cigarette market for a risky change.

Personally I think the weed market will make more than tobacco and people will buy it instead of grow it, but maybe they have opposing thoughts, I really can't say tbh, it's all speculation.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19